player sale....

I read about how hard it is to sell players on FM for much more than double their value, so thought I would put out this amazing sale I just made and see how many of you have had a similar sale in terms of many many times a players value.

I bought in a 17 year old regen for Rangers called Adam Fulton, on a free from Queens Park. 1.5* CA and 4* gold, 5* black PA. I play wing backs on attack and he is pretty good stats wise for this role, with his natural position being right back and the role of wing back only 1 section short of a full circle.

So, he starts in 22 games in my only season with Rangers so far, as I bought another rb for £130k from st Johnstone who were just relegated, and both players are of a similar level so both get starts and both get rotated.

Rangers have a lot of regens with 4*/5* PA, It's an amazing youth setup, and I have been fending off bids from the likes of man city, Liverpool and Swansea for my youngsters, mostly by asking for £15million per player when their in game value is under £200k (lol). BUT so far not one bid for Fulton.....

Fast forward to tranny deadline day. West Brom come in with an enquiry for Fulton. I check out West Brom, just relegated to the championship, they have sold over £100million of player, and have spent £15million, they are listed as rich financially even in the championship. I look at my now 18 year old Fulton, he has improved hugely and will be clear first choice this season, and his in game value is £170k still, so I think let's use my tactic of asking for an unrealistically huge amount, £15million. I am absolutely amazed when West Brom immediately come back with a non-negotiable fee of £14.75million with 50% of next sale!!! I reluctantly accept and scout for a replacement......

To put this into perspective in the game, this is my journeyman save, I am in 2033, last season was my first with Rangers after being all over Europe. In this game a hard brexit has happened so I can literally sign no foreigners at all apart from maybe someone who has made 150 caps for some rubbish nation. The record ever sale for Rangers since the game started is just under £6million, and that was for a nearly world class player, and to Newcastle who are also rolling in it. In fact after I sell Fulton, I get a news item saying it is the highest transfer fee ever received for a Scottish club.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this. Has anyone else managed to sell a player for nearly 100 times his game generated value?

Thanks

On a previous save (FM16) with Olympiacos, i bought two youngsters for the U20s team.
Armenakas (17y old): 500k up front, 750k over 12 months
Ze Gomes (16y old): 300k up front, 600k over 12 months

After one year i sold them cause i needed the money to improve my senior squad.
Armenakas to Man Utd: 7m, 40% of next sale
Ze Gomes to Arsenal: 10m, 40% of next sale

Not that impressive, but still was a huge profit.

Right now i am on a save with Olympiacos again (FM16) and bought Armenakas again for: 100k up front, 300k over 12 months, 1m after 50 games, 1m after 50 goals with the intention to sell him at the end of the year.
I just did a test on the 28th of December 2015 and i can sell him to Arsenal for 7m upfront, 3m over 42 months and 20% of next sale.
I think i am gonna sell him now cause i already have a replacement in the U20s.

In a recent spurs save, a player was at the club when I arrived who a previous manager had bought for around £650,000. Few years later I sold him to Man City for nearly £70 million. The previous manager had given Bristol rovers a 50% of profit clause, they were in league two and got well over £30 million as a result of this one transfer!

Ehhh it's a good sale for sure, but not really impressive. I don't know how the in-game transfer values work, and I could be wrong, but I feel like there's some lag time between their listed value and their actual value? I don't know how many times I've had to bid 10 million for a good youngster valued at under 200k. I know that a lot of that is down to the club simply not wanting to sell. But I feel like transfer values can be misleading when it's a really good player. I think it's clear to the human player and the AI (again could be wrong) that they're severely undervalued and both players will act accordingly and will pay 10 million or even lots more

Moat impressive sale for me was Romero(the striker not the keeper) on a Man Utd save 3 1/2 years in he was valued at 15mill wonderkid etc

tottenham bid a initial 28mill(20mill upfront)I didn't want to sell but thought let's test the waters so countered at 35mill up front and 40mill over 24months  plus 5mill after 40apperences so total 80mill and they accepted which prompted me to sell, also angel Gomes who was valued at 2mill managed to swindle West Ham out of 34mill with included add ons 

• 1 month later...

I don't seem to be able to attract offers for my players no matter what. My players constantly get 7+ ratings and play in champions league regularly. Teams like Liverpool, Barcelona, Inter etc. show interests in my players but they never bid. Also, my players' values are ridiculously low. For example, my Portuguese striker who scored 21 goals last season and who is 25 years old is valued at 1.5M euros. My English striker who I bought for 22M is valued at 4.5M although he scores 15+ goals a season.

I play Pro Vercelli in Italy. Team reputation is continental and the Italian league is ranked 2nd after the EPL.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else facing this?

On 4/27/2017 at 02:51, fm_08/09 said:

I don't seem to be able to attract offers for my players no matter what. My players constantly get 7+ ratings and play in champions league regularly. Teams like Liverpool, Barcelona, Inter etc. show interests in my players but they never bid. Also, my players' values are ridiculously low. For example, my Portuguese striker who scored 21 goals last season and who is 25 years old is valued at 1.5M euros. My English striker who I bought for 22M is valued at 4.5M although he scores 15+ goals a season.

I play Pro Vercelli in Italy. Team reputation is continental and the Italian league is ranked 2nd after the EPL.

Archived