YES in Asia

mrdanbartlett

This thread was inspired by THIS thread, I really like the idea of being a ‘Yes Man’ – never turning down a job offer, it keeps you moving and seems to provide a bit of drama.

So I’ll be starting off in Asia as it’s an area of not managed in much.

Rules

·        Starting with no coaching badges

·        Sunday league footballer rep

·        Unemployed - but I’ll apply for every Asian job on offer until I get one

·        I have to say YES to any job Asian job interviews

·        I have to accept any new contract offers – without changing any terms

·        I have to attend ALL Asian job interviews and give honest answers

Nations & Leagues loaded

Australia

China 

India

Indonesia

Malaysia

Singapore

South Korea

I've also added the following leagues but I won't managed in those until Asia is well covered:

England, Denmark, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine. 

For the Asian leagues I've loaded the lowest levels available in each country. 

Available jobs

Ok here are the available jobs at the start of the save, I’ve applied for all the Asian based ones.

I’ve had a host of interviews so it’s looking likely someone will give me a shot.

Applied.png

So I'll be starting my career at...

Cilegon_United_FC_logo.png

rKQYvYIrn7.jpg

10,000 All seater apparently - looks a little rough around the edges!

Currently they are 9th in 'Group D' of the Indo Premier league.

league%20postion.jpg

C%20steel.jpg

I have a 10k wage budget which is £300 under, so not alot of room to move unless I can sell, I'm a wheeler dealing so will be looking to make big changes.

There is £65k in the bank and no debt.

Looking at the squad there is a bit of deadwood, around 5 players which would be 3rd choice options so will try and move them on ASAP although nobody wants them for £0 or even on loan at 50% wages.

Nobody stands out as being star in the team and the average wage is about £300-400 a week, with a couple on £600.

We do have a Striker called Salim though who has 14 finishing and 14 pace, although the rest of his attributes aren’t that good at all. 

Overall the squad looks very poor, below English Conference North/South standard.  I don’t think we can sign any foreigners so I’ll have to work hard to improve the squad.  I’ve got the board to agree to look for a Senior affiliate so we can get some players in on £0 wages.

We have no scouts or coaches but are allowed 3 of each so I’ll be hiring some ASAP.  I’ve noticed a few out of contract players with international caps are available so I will be giving them a look.

tranfers%20aug%2016.jpg

A few players brought in - a CB who is alot better than our current standard, a good DMC and LB and then a backup loan striker.

I'm also looking at a deal for another DMC/CM, there are a few players out there but it's the wage budget which is proving hard to cut as I cannot seem to get rid of anyone other than that backup CB who I've let go.

Mutual termination isn't possible either. 

I start with a home game vs a lower league side, I’ve put what I consider my B team out for this one as I want to keep my A team fresh for my first league match in a few days’ time.  Seems this is the 2nd leg, we had lost the first 2-1.

101 people turned up to see us Win 5-3 Courtesy of some late goals.

Losing our first game wasn’t great, we didn’t show enough quality so I’ll be changing up the tactics.

res%20aug%2016.jpg

It was a tough start as we had some fairly hard early games and I was tweaking tactics, we actually played ok and were unlucky not to get some draws from those defeats.

Once the new players had arrived and the tactic was a little more settled we picked up some wins, I had a team meeting before the first home win to try and list the morale a bit.

We are creating chances which is good, but we need to be a little tighter at the back.  The cup I wanted out of ASAP so played the B team, we need to focus on the league.

table%20aug16.jpg

We are upto 6th, not sure why the image isn't showing but there are a host of teams all on 17 points now so it's very tight.

We have some tougher games coming up, and without being able to improve the squad we may struggle to progress up the table.  I think I may need to just try and sit tight and then release players at the end of their contracts and bring in better replacements.

I'm pleased enough so far though.

results%20oct.jpg

Brought in a couple more players who were without a club, a DMC/CM and a GK - both big upgrades but only on the same wages as most players at the club.

We went on a superb run, which took us to 2nd in the table, we needed to beat the first place side but we could only manage a 1-1 draw, then suffered a disapointing loss, so no chance of topping the table now with 2 games to go.  But it's still a huge achievement to make the top 2, as both qualify for some sort of 'Phase 2' stage.

table%20oct.jpg

Ok so finished the league in 2nd place, qualifying for 'phase 2' which seemed to be some sort of mini league between the other 'groups' (the league seems to be split into regional groups).

playoff.jpg

We did well and won 2 of the 3 group games, which has gained us promotion to the 'super league' (top division).

phase%202a_1.jpg

Really please with this a bg increase in budget, it was £10k and I was spending £11k

budget_1.jpg

This should allow me to improve the squad a bit.  

I'm surprised I've not yet been linked with any other jobs, we will see how that pans out.

Due to the thread rules I'll not apply for any but will attend interviews for any I'm offered and accept any jobs as a result.

Seems to be a long break for close season, end of December to May or so.

I've been given a new contract, annoyingly, so will be here maybe a bit longer - was hoping I'd get poached.

I've managed to release/move on a fair few players so have about 5k spare in my 17k wage budget, signed a few new players to improve the squad.  

new%20contract.jpg

Hoping I can start the season well and get poached ASAP as I fancy a move.

Arsenal won the Premier league, no other real surprises there other than Watford managing 6th place.

championship%20table%202017.jpg

I support Ipswich and they had a realistic mid table season, however it was interesting to see the 3 sides who got promoted!  Newcastle finishing 8th!

Pre%20season%202017.jpg

We had a v good pre-season, but to be fair I opted for easy games to get morale up.

start%20of%202017.jpg

I signed a good few new players and the XI is now very different to when I started, it's much improved (but still poor by english Conf standards!).  

We had an amazing start to the season given we are 1000-1 for the title and bookies fav to finish rock bottom.  The pick was the opening away game at reigning champions Persipura as we hammered them 3-0.

We have picked up 5 wins, drawn one and lost 2, which leaves us 2nd in the table, amazing given we have THREE away fans at most games!  500 turn up to see us at home, just for ref the first game against Persipura had 19,000!

league%20start%202017.jpg

Early days and very tight

mid%20season%202017%20results.jpg

Our good start to the season hit the rocks and we went 6 games without a win, but we are hopefully turning the corner with some draws and finally a victory.

I've been playing the B side in the cup as we had draws against teams in the league below and we have managed to progress through - however we do have the current super league leaders in the next round!

I guess our fast start was not a true reflection of the squad, which is improved but probably not top 3 contenders.  I badly need to keep the improvements going in the transfer market, we have 5k+ free in the wage budget (17k allowance) but I can't find the right players to improve the XI.

Oddly NO interest in me from other clubs?  Need a strong season to boost my rep maybe.

midseason%20results%202017.jpg

Poor form continued and it didn't help that we had the league leaders in the cup, was a little gutted to go out on penalties.  

Since then things have picked up a bit and we have managed to get 5 wins in the league, plus the odd lose and a draw. We are floating around the top 6 of the league, which is very good really.

My big issue is that we get very low attendances, 300 people mostly - we are losing 50k+ a month and even if we had NO wage bill at all we would still make a loss each month!

I've signed a couple of players to improve the XI, a good LB and a striker who should be better than any I've got.

The bigger teams (especially Persipura) get good attendances and have bigger budgets, the only way I can make some good money I imagine would be to involved in the Asian CL, however only the league winner gets a shot at it and even then it's into the qualifying round......

However I've just been linked with a job at the club 1 place below me, they seem bigger so I might be off, will update if I get an interview!  I've said I'd be open to the switch....

final%20results%202017.jpg

Strong end to the season with a 10 game unbeaten run, shame we lost the last game as it cost us 3rd place, still a 4th place finish is an excellent start to life in the top division.

2 first teamers have retired and I've released another 3 so we are a little light, the upside is we are over £6k under our 17k wage budget so room for signings.  Finding them IS tough and what has really annoyed me is our teams rep has stayed the same......there are a ton of teams from the league below who are rated higher, seems very odd.  So we can't attrack good players - plenty out there!

Was listed as a Favorite for a good job a Persib but never got asked for an interview, it must be as it would cost £9k or so to get me out my contract.

league%20table%202017%20final.jpg

Archived