Hi;

I don't know if anyone is experiencing this, so i checked the forums, but couldn't find anything. By the way I've been playing the game since 97-98.

I like to play the game maximum 3 three seasons lately. So most of the time I take a team and tweak my own tactic in time to perfection. Funny thing is, for example I take Anderlecht, Dinamo Kiev etc and optimize squad and tactic. At the end of the season I have an idea of useful players and tactic. Who can score, who can assist, which goalkeeper is better etc.

But after I begin a new game with the optimized tactics and best players avaible I just can't get close the success of that previous game. For example I played with Besiktas with an incredibly useful tactic, same good coaches and loaned players won League, Cup and UEFA Cup with great scores, but I couldn't even come close to the statistics with a fresh new game. I'm doing the exactly best stuff I've done with my previous save, selling useless players, buying the good ones with the same tactics. I'm very tidy about teamtalks, individual and general training but the team happens to be exactly different, I mean totally unrecognizable.

I've quite experience on this game and the engine, patches and statistical behaviour but just can't diagnose this.

Thanks....

Diferent Leagues have diferent Styles.  Just as i don't manage to get my Attacking Tactics work in Italy, though they work perfectly in Spain & England.  Whereas my Italian Park the Bus tactics, don't work anywhere apart from Italy

3 minutes ago, sm_tlw said:

Diferent Leagues have diferent Styles.  Just as i don't manage to get my Attacking Tactics work in Italy, though they work perfectly in Spain & England.  Whereas my Italian Park the Bus tactics, don't work anywhere apart from Italy

Well forgive my poor English. I meant to say that I play the exact same league with exact same team with the exact same tactics but the results vary. Like I play 2 seasons with Valencia. Then I begin a fresh new game with Valencia but the tactics working previous same does never work on the new fresh save. Even without a patch or some kinda data file. Pure original game.

I'm not sure what you're asking here.

If you play the exact same team with the same players against the same opponent in a different save using the same tactic, of course you can get a different result.  That's as true in game as it would be in real life (if you could do it in real life).

The margins between success and failure are very fine. Something can happen in the very first seconds of a new save that slightly tilts the morale of one player... and then you have the butterfly effect and a whole new universe is created and destiny has changed. In Mach 1 you may have just scored an 89th minute winner away to the best team in the league in the first match and your morale is high and that ignites a season of great form... play that same game to the same minute and the player hits the post instead of scoring, your opponents go and score the last minute winner and your morale is rocked... and a woeful miserable season is your new destiny.

5 hours ago, sipsi said:

Hi;

I don't know if anyone is experiencing this, so i checked the forums, but couldn't find anything. By the way I've been playing the game since 97-98.

I like to play the game maximum 3 three seasons lately. So most of the time I take a team and tweak my own tactic in time to perfection. Funny thing is, for example I take Anderlecht, Dinamo Kiev etc and optimize squad and tactic. At the end of the season I have an idea of useful players and tactic. Who can score, who can assist, which goalkeeper is better etc.

But after I begin a new game with the optimized tactics and best players avaible I just can't get close the success of that previous game. For example I played with Besiktas with an incredibly useful tactic, same good coaches and loaned players won League, Cup and UEFA Cup with great scores, but I couldn't even come close to the statistics with a fresh new game. I'm doing the exactly best stuff I've done with my previous save, selling useless players, buying the good ones with the same tactics. I'm very tidy about teamtalks, individual and general training but the team happens to be exactly different, I mean totally unrecognizable.

I've quite experience on this game and the engine, patches and statistical behaviour but just can't diagnose this.

Thanks....

I think in the early days the tactics creator allowed for "broken" tactics that didn't really matter what players were plugged into them, but these days you can't really exploit the engine.

These days the players you use have a big effect on how things play out.  Different players will play the same role+duty very differently, just due to how there attributes are balanced before considering PPMs.

Plus the effect of form will make even the same players and same tactic in different saves potentially look different.  If a player is on fire in the first save it can make things look a lot better than they actually are.  If he or someone else isn't on fire in that second save the tactical issues will probably be visible.

Remember there is an element of chance with things like how well a player settles in, one save you might get a lucky roll and another you might not so takes months to start to perform.

Archived