[FM17] The Pep Guardiola Story Starts Again

Northernpilgrim

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 points out of 9 and an unbeaten December

Dec 2017.PNG

and we're in the playoff spots. Yes it's only the halfway stage of the season, and we can't get promoted anyway, but I'm delighted with how this season is shaping up, and if I miss out on the Barcelona job again in the summer, have an idea to change the nature of the challenge slightly. More details if that becomes necessary. In the meantime, here is the latest league table

Dec 2017 table.PNG

And as I said, given that I've been overlooked again, and am therefore unlikely to get the Barcelona job without moving on first, I've decided to tweak the rules in order to keep it going. The original rules remain that I have to win all the same trophies at the same clubs, and in the same order, but I will allow a move to a club that he hasn't managed, the only objective being to secure the next relevant job. Any trophies won with that club WILL NOT count towards the total. I will not resign from Barcelona B, as he moved straight to the first team with no gap, so... let the job hunting begin!

4 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Interesting move. Had to happen I guess, the game isn't equipped for succession plans like Guardiola and Zidane.

If I'd made the shortlist I'd have stuck it out, but to be ruled out despite already being with FCB (albeit at a junior level), and having won promotion and then nearly made the playoffs, it just felt like it was never going to happen. Why West Ham? Simple. Slaven Bilic took the Barcelona job, leaving it vacant :) 

7 minutes ago, poobington said:

It would be interesting if you do a post going into some of your tactics. Those are some impressive results you have got there.

Sure, I'll post the tactic I'm using with West Ham. I'll get it up later as I'm off out now.

Here's the tactic I'm using at the moment. Mentality is set to standard (though I do use attacking against weaker opposition, and overload if we're losing), team shape is set to flexible, and I'm not using any  shouts. I let my Ass Man do the player instructions.

West Ham Tactic.PNG

1 hour ago, RSJ said:

When you say 'i let my Ass Man do the player intructions' - what do you mean exactly? Is it a pre-set thing or do you mean in game? 

Thanks in advance.

I let him set the individual player instructions pre-match, and usually listen to him in-game, although not if he's suggesting something I don't agree with. As stated above, I don't use any team instructions pre-match, but again will listen to the Ass Man in-game.

10 minutes ago, Northernpilgrim said:

I let him set the individual player instructions pre-match, and usually listen to him in-game, although not if he's suggesting something I don't agree with. As stated above, I don't use any team instructions pre-match, but again will listen to the Ass Man in-game.

So no team instructions like play out of defense or pass into space for example? Or no instructions for the p[layers like close down more or pass it shorter?

March was an unbeaten month in the league, but ended in frustration as we could only draw against Sunderland, a game we totally bossed and should have won easily, and we also disappointed against Tottenham in Europe.

Mar 2019.PNG

and we end the month in 5th, but it could have been a top 3 place

Mar 2019 table.PNG

Archived