Anyone ever seen this - Arsenal docked points for being bankrupt

Yes this was an added feature in the game but very unrealistic. Put it this way, how many years have Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd been in the top division? Have they ever been relegated? Maybe a long long time ago. Will they be relegated with the current financial impact of the game? Unlikely. Look at Spain, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Athletic Bilbao have never been relegated in the history of La Liga. the neutrals will argue it can happen. But truthfully it never will. there are social and political reasons for it not to happen. Too many fans, too much regional income (council, shops, industry). This should be included in the game. Even if Arsenal for example did go bankrupt, someone would buy them out. A club of that level would never be allowed to go under. The same applies to many others.

Yes this was an added feature in the game but very unrealistic. Put it this way, how many years have Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd been in the top division? Have they ever been relegated? Maybe a long long time ago.

Some older FM players would probably like to argue that 1974 wasn't that long ago...

But I agree with the rest, Man Utd getting relegated these days is not even remotely likely. The way the finances work in FM is far too simplistic resulting in unrealistic scenarios.

United and/or Liverpool nearly always do in long term games. It is because their real life debt is coded into the game and the interests are set to count directly against the clubs bank balance, which is not the exact case IRL. This should definitely be looked at for future versions, it's unrealistic to see those two clubs with great history simply vanish into obscurity just like that, without anyone in the game raising an eyebrow.

Erm talking of big clubs vanishing where are forrest, leicester and leeds. point proven?

Wonder if Man U goes down to L1 would I be able to get them as a feeder club hah. Even after Arsenal were docked 9 points, they still kept winning their games.

Anyway, part 2 of my attempt to take down my closest rival - I've bought 80% of their squad when they were in administration, including all five of my players that I sold to them originally. The five cost them $274 million pounds with the international cap clauses, they cost me slightly over $20 million to buy back (I had buy-back clauses and sell-ons on all, but I didn't need to use the back-back clauses because they all came cheaper. One was bought back for free!)

Out of their original squad, they are only left with Diego Cavalieri and a 31-year-old Rooney out of their original team, plus Vanden Borre and a soon-to-be 33-year-old Adebayor as squad players. Wonder how they'll do for the second half of the season :)

arsenalraidedvx3.png

Due to the credit crunch , and th state of some of the finances in football these days , IMO teams going into adminastration should happen more often in FM09 , especially with LL teams . Last season a couple of non league teams went out of buisness due to adminastation and even though they finished mid table , they ended up getting relegated , with the team in the relegation places staying up . Hopefully this will also be implemented into FM09 , as it would also make it a challenge to keep an eye on the clubs finances .

Archived