"Open Role Creator..."

LethalTexture

I've seen a great deal of comments and complaints over the past few days asking about player roles, why certain instructions are set in stone and why I can't tell certain roles to do such and such etc.

Since we have a tactic creator in the game, how about the implementation of a "role creator" within the game - after you've created your tactic you can either set the player to a predefined role by the game if they know what they're looking for/aren't fussed, or you can choose the position of the player and manually add the instructions for the player in.  The game will then set his role that most closely follows the role the game has defined, plus any extra roles the player has added/taken away.  This way you will never be able to implement instructions that a role is not applicable for, and it will get around the issue of having a "blank" role and teach players more about how the game works at the same time.

Thoughts?

I don't think that's what the OP is suggesting, Barside. If I understand them correctly, they're not suggesting a change to the available roles and duties, but instead they suggest sort of a helper tool, which will set the role. duty and PIs to the combination that comes closest to what the user wants.

7 hours ago, eriktous said:

I don't think that's what the OP is suggesting, Barside. If I understand them correctly, they're not suggesting a change to the available roles and duties, but instead they suggest sort of a helper tool, which will set the role. duty and PIs to the combination that comes closest to what the user wants.

Pretty much this, yes.  Basically the manager can select the player's position (for example a centre-back), the manager will then choose the PIs that he wants for that player.  The game will then set his "role" to that which most closely matches the pre-defined roles set by the game (for example a CB-D) as well as any extra PIs the manager has set for that player.

In this way the manager can learn more about the game in terms of what each role does, they can instruct the player to do exactly what they want and avoid questions in the forum like "Why can't I tell my CB-D to get further forward" etc.

I see, could link to staff advise where you select the desired instructions & they then set the roles that closely match your preferences on the tactics board.

• 3 months later...

Archived