League rankings

I'm currently managing Sparta Praha in the Czech First Division. My aim of the save is to bring the whole rep of the league and nation up to that of England, France, Spain, Germany etc. In the 4 season i've managed we've won the league every season and the cup all but once. Ten games into the fifth season and i've won then all. A significant gap is opening up and i'm not sure how to close this back up and bring the other teams up to my standard. In addition, i've been doing better in Europe than any team form Czech Rep. has done in recent history; reaching the group stages of the Champions League and winning a few games. Despite this the League rep had dropped an astonishing ten places since the start of the game. Why????

Any help or suggestions would be great.

League rep needs more than one team doing well in Europe  & as you're dominating the domestic scene with ease it means the rep of other clubs will likely be dropping which will also impact of the overall league rep score., essentially you need to be more than a one team league to break into the upper echelons of the league rep rankings.

Another thing to factor in is that based on the close starting rep of leagues similar to the Czech top division it would only take a small drop in the rep score for you to drop 10 places so that's not something to be overly concerned with after just 4 seasons. 

Could you loan some of your better players to some of the stronger teams in your league ?

It might help their European results and thus the overall rep of the league.

I am in a similar situation with St Patrick's Athletic in the Rep. of Ireland.  In the midst of season 3 , Champions League group stages , league winner the previous two seasons and with a bank balance that dwarfs the rest of the nearest teams.

I decided to loan out several players just below the standard good enough for my own team but certainly good enough for the second and third placed teams. One team in particular got into the Europa League groups which hopefully helps overall.

Okay thanks guys. I have been loaning some of my youth players to my league and trying to only sell my players to other teams in the league as well. All of the players are doing well but the rest of the teams's players aren't doing as well. I guess i'll just play another couple of seasons over the next month or see and see what is happening then. I'll come back to this thread if there's no improvement.

On 8/8/2016 at 07:07, Barside said:

League rep needs more than one team doing well in Europe  & as you're dominating the domestic scene with ease it means the rep of other clubs will likely be dropping which will also impact of the overall league rep score., essentially you need to be more than a one team league to break into the upper echelons of the league rep rankings.

Another thing to factor in is that based on the close starting rep of leagues similar to the Czech top division it would only take a small drop in the rep score for you to drop 10 places so that's not something to be overly concerned with after just 4 seasons. 

@Barside any ideas on how i can help the league to become more than a one team league?

I had a save with Slavia Prague a while back on FM15 and I was able to improve the League Ranking (not quite to the heights of England, Spain etc...) I think it helped that Sparta and Plzen were already the top sides and doing OK-ish in Europe and another side coming along and joining them doing well in Europe helped. Also my fluke of a Europa League win did help the League, the save did run for about 12 seasons though.

You can try selling/loaning players to domestic clubs only to try and improve sides in the League rather than abroad (if possible), also how well other teams in Leagues around you are doing in Europe can have an effect on your League Ranking if they out perform the Czech sides.

On 8/9/2016 at 13:40, Jakarooney said:

@Barside any ideas on how i can help the league to become more than a one team league?

There's only one real way at the core of it, and that's for more than one team to be successful.  Personally manually doping the league seems cheating, but if you really want it to happen unnaturally quickly then fair enough.

It's a snowball though - I managed in Gibraltar and it took a long time for anyone to contribute to the coefficients other than me.  Then when they started, it snowballed and you rise quite quickly.

Archived