UK 2012 Olympic Team (ingame FM09)

Guest ajdavies

Hang on, is this the same James McFadden's that's hardly ripping up trees in the Championship?

Fletcher's goalscoring record for this season is completely irrelevant. He's scored 2 goals this season, but so have Osman, Lampard, Young and Morrison. Wright-Philips has 3 goals. Surely if we're going for goal scoring records this season, then Defoe would make your team with his 5 goals? Saying Boyd has a better game per goal ratio is well and good, but when the competitive goals have come against the Faroe Islands, Georgia and Lithuania, it's a bit of a moot point. Peter Crouch has a better goals per game ratio than Boyd , so surely he should be in your team?

Having said all this, I think in 4 years time an U23 team would NOT be all England players. I just find some of your comments quite ridiculous to be frank.

So you're saying that you've seen him week in week out? If not, ask a Birmingham fan how good/bad he's been this season. And he's never been a player that's going to score 20/30 goals a season, mainly because he's so versatile that it gives his managers an option to put him out wide or drop him deep. Would you use that argument against Rooney? He's never ever going to get you 30 goals a season, even in the championship. And I support Manchester United.

I'm not talking Fletcher's goals, I'm talking about his overall contribution towards the team. In recent seasons he's not exactly played to his best, so much so that many United fans questioned Fergie for picking him. He did step up to the plate in the big games, but he never did it in enough games - might be down to not getting aregular game - but this season Fletcher has been one of United's best players, in the Premiership and in Europe. This season he has grown into a Manchester United player, and I could not be happier.

You mentioned Morrison, if I was going to form the basis of merit purely on goal scoring prowess then I would've mentioned James Morrison.

lol Thank you. For someone to be questioning the merits of McFadden and Fletcher and Boyd to be calling my points ridiculous is quite a compliment. :)

Hang on, is this the same James McFadden's that's hardly ripping up trees in the Championship?

Fletcher's goalscoring record for this season is completely irrelevant. He's scored 2 goals this season, but so have Osman, Lampard, Young and Morrison. Wright-Philips has 3 goals. Surely if we're going for goal scoring records this season, then Defoe would make your team with his 5 goals? Saying Boyd has a better game per goal ratio is well and good, but when the competitive goals have come against the Faroe Islands, Georgia and Lithuania, it's a bit of a moot point. Peter Crouch has a better goals per game ratio than Boyd , so surely he should be in your team?

Having said all this, I think in 4 years time an U23 team would NOT be all England players. I just find some of your comments quite ridiculous to be frank.

I still havent had an answerto my question before, in England how many peoiple could name 11 players who are English and regular starters in the top four clubs.

In Scotland how many people can name 11 players who are Scottish in the top two clubs who are regular starters.

I can for the scotland, but would struggle for england. Im sure the welsh n northen irish could do the same as myself.

Also Crouch has 1 goal in every two games IIRC 28 caps and 14 goals.

Correct. Our second choice right back beats that with a goal a game. :D Sorry i had to. BROADFOOT BEATS THAT lol.

Also Boyd also joins Crouch on a goal every two games. Hes played 14 Caps and scored 7. When you consider how many of these 14 caps Boyd has maybe only been on the park 10 minutes its a very good GPG ratio. Boyd doesnt offer a team much hense why he doesnt start but what he does offer is goals. Look at his goal against Partick Thistle. How many goals have Rooney, Owen, Crouch, Defore etc scored between them whcih have been put in the same sentece as Van Vossen

Exactly... Birmingham. There's a very good reason McFadden's there. If he's so brilliant, surely he should be destroying the Championship? I wanted McFadden to succeed at Everton, but sadly, he proved over 109 appearances that he just isn't good enough.

I take it you're an Everton fan? Who goes to games?

How many matches did McFadden string together in a row, playing in a regular position?

I'd be astonished if it were 2.

I like David Moyes but I do question his ability to handle creativ players. How many strikers fan consistanly scored for Everton under Moyes? I'd suggest not many.

When Birmingham go up next season you'll see what McFadden can do, because he'll be playing regular in a set position.

some of the welsh players aren't bad. the likes of hennessey,bale,ramsey,vokes,evans aren't bad players and will all be available for 2012. don't know about scotland or northern ireland youngsters so can't comment on them so it won't all be english players. oh, and by the way i'm english but would get behind anyone representing team gb.

I still havent had an answerto my question before, in England how many peoiple could name 11 players who are English and regular starters in the top four clubs.

In Scotland how many people can name 11 players who are Scottish in the top two clubs who are regular starters.

I can for the scotland, but would struggle for england. Im sure the welsh n northen irish could do the same as myself.

can you honestly not see why that's a nonsense argument?

The standard of the league is MASSIVELY higher in England than it is in Scotland (and utterly incomparable with the leagues of Wales and Northern Ireland)... therefore, players the top echelon of teams (and to a growing extent, the teams below them too) have a worldwide pool of talent to choose from. So *obviously* there's going to be less individuals from England in the top 4 English sides than there are Scots in Rangers and Celtic.

A more relevant question would be how many Welsh, N.Irish or Scots are regular starters for top 4 English clubs?

Archived