EPL Challenge (The Ultimate Premier League Experience) FM2005 [*Established Clan*]

Season 4 – 2007/8

Birmingham City - Manager: Danny King II

After a disappointing season I expect Danny to come out next season blowing fire out his ass with new signings including Anelka, Berbatov and D’Alessandro the fans expect big things but can Danny deliver?

League - 7th

FA Cup - 5th Round

League Cup - Quarter Final

Blackburn Rovers - Manager: Rick Boult II

After dominating division 1 Rick is looking to Establish Blackburn as a Premiership side. Knowing some of the players personally I know he as the squad but will he have the tactical awareness? In my opinion he will

League - 13th

FA Cup - 4th Round

League Cup - 4th Round

Everton - Manager: Niall Murphy

Well, Well, Well if it isn’t mid-table Everton icon_razz.gif .Niall as spent big this summer aiming for a champions league place. The only question is as he spent wisely? As we all know about the Kezman’s and Cole’s of yesteryear Niall hasn’t got the best record in the transfer market. However this summer it looks like he has bought some added quality even though some might say he paid over the odds but hey if you have the money and you want that specific player then go for it I say.

League - 5th

FA Cup - 5th Round

League Cup - Semi Final

Fulham - Manager: Mo Ilyas

This season for fulham didn’t really show any signs of them moving from mid-table mediocrity but that was probably because Mo wasn’t here for most of the season as he as had computer problems. The positives are they are hard to beat but the negative is they are also hard to lose to lol as they are now famous for the 0-0 scoreline.

League - 12th

FA Cup - 5th Round

Manchester United - Manager: Richard Liggins

By far the best squad in the league and probably the world, Ligs as got to win a big trophy again or else this campaign will be somewhat of a failure. Therefore its all bout pressure, up to now he has handled it but next year I’m not so sure as there are a few teams that could challenge for the title.

League - 2nd

FA Cup - Runners Up

League Cup - 3rd Round

Champions League - Semi Finals

Sunderland - Manager: David Pagi III

Taking over Sunderland when they were in the middle of a dogfight was going to be hard enough but its even harder when the assistant sells your only keeper. In the End Sunderland were relegated but now they have a good squad with Carew and Tristan leading the line they will no doubt score goals.

League - 1st

FA Cup - 5th Round

Tottenham Hotspur - Manager: Sam Bouchard

Sam will no doubt be looking to build on the impressive season by brining in new talent like Downing and Nistelrooy. He is preparing for what could be a make or break season for Spurs as they have hovered around 4th place for too long and its now time to move forward according to some pundits.

League - 4th

FA Cup - 4th Round

League Cup - Quater Final

Champions League - Quarter Final

West Bromwich Albion - Manager: Chris Morris

West Brom season was a mixed bag as they had a good run in the UEFA meanwhile in the league they were disappointing. This season Chris will be looking for a Uefa spot again but I predict he will just miss out.

League - 11th

FA Cup - 3rd Round

League Cup - 4th Round

Portsmouth - Manager: Andy Nilsen AKA God

Saving the best till last icon_wink.gif. After an amazing season getting Portsmouth into the Champions League I now have the money to spend and we all know how good my transfer market record is. Losing influential players Sonck and Mido though could stop our momentum but I doubt it. We have a good squad and an amazing manager so no doubt we will in something this year

League - 1st

FA Cup - Winner

League Cup - Semi Final

Champions League - Runner Up

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tottenham.gif

Went All The Way To Wembley, Our Knee's Got Ohh So Trembly, We Won F*ck All, We Won F*ck All

So......Spurs made it to the FA Cup final for the first time in over 10 years and ended up throwing it away to a bunch of mugs up north. So much ability should've produced something against Manufactured With Millions United but it just didn't happen. The young lad Luke Moore was a shining star from the game who ran his legs off at every chance which is so much more than can be said for Jermaine 'I want a million a day' Defoe who's performance was laughable. Overall, many more teams have lost by much more of a marjin against United so it wasn't so bad, but in my opinion we should've won the game. We rattled the opposition for about 60 minutes, then the changes rang and Wayne 'Once a blue always a....red' popped into the box and hit one into an empty net. Dissapointing, but well, poor individual performances cost us as a team.

This season my hopes are high for Tottenham Hotspur, we finished 3rd quite comfortably last year and if our away form would've been better then there's a fair chance that we could well have pushed for the top two. A match against some Russian outfit in the Champions League qualifier should prove easy for my team and we will progres to the group stage where the hopes of facing Flora again are high.

A good run in the cups meant that it took something special to knock us out and Real Madrid and United had that spark to do it. Were reguarded as a very good side by many a manager, and i'm pleased to say that i'm in agreement with that. I took a look at the squad and the performances towards the end of the season and i decided to let a few players go at the end of last season. A large batch of youth players came through the ranks and i'm very excited to say that the academy system is working well and a few players are reaching the fringes of the first team.

The first and most important player out the door was Jermain Defoe. Manchester United offered Ruud Van Nistelrooy and £11 Million in exchange for the goon....sorry i mean player...and i accepted without much hesitation. A forward must score goals and they must score them regularly. 13 Goals from 40+ starts isn't good enough for a top side, and as Luke Moore's proving to be an absolute Gem, i'm prepared to get rid of the greedy boy. Any player that wants 100k a week must be worth it, and i'm telling you now, Jermain Defoe isn't.

Aswell as selling and releasing players, we've got some in too, and nothing shabby either with Edgar Davids, Hernan Crespo and Ruud Van Nistelrooy all punching up the squad. I feel i've assembled a perfect team here at Spurs and really we can go on and push for every competition were in.

Anyway, the future is here at Tottenham Hotspur and i'm sure this wont be another trophyless season!

Ah yes Andy, that would be the same Carlton Cole who scored many a goal as he fired Spurs to a European Cup win in only the second season. Such a flop. icon_wink.gif

Kezman I will give you but politely remind you of El Hadji Diouf who I remember the "GOAT" shelling out £10m pounds, and got burned just like a certain Mr Houllier. icon_razz.gif

Should be a great season coming up. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

£20m has been spent strengthening the entire team (take note Ligs it can be done) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you're replacing the likes of Olivier Bernard, yes it doesn't take much money to buy an improvement icon_wink.gif

manutd.gif

Season 4: Pre season

First to clear something up from the end of last season. The team that played Portsmouth was:

Howard (a Bosman target of Everton just a few months back)

Melchiot (highest average rating for a defender in the league last season)

Heinze (who Everton tried to buy)

O'Shea

Brown

Pedretti

Holm (Everton tried to get hom on a bosman last summer)

Fletcher

Rooney

Richardson

Van Nistelrooy

I also liked the claim that I'd dropped Tuncay - he was still playing for Fenerbache!! Anyway, not exactly a weak team, I really don't see the problem. I've consulted my lawyers to investigate Murphy's slanderous, libellous claims.

Anyway, back to football.

Transfers In

Hanke - SC - free (Schalke)

Tuncay - AMC - free (Fenerbache)

Gilardino - SC - free (Parma)

Impagnatiello - Gk - free (Inter)

Defoe - SC - £11.5mil + van Nistelrooy (Tottenham)

Seitaridis - RB - £2.7mil (Porto)

Total spend: £13.7mil

Transfers Out

Again, about 25 crap youngsters on a free or for very little money. The major transfers out were:

Zauri - DR/L - £11.5 (Arsenal)

Scholes - AMC - £100k (Crystal Palace)

van Nistelrooy - SC - p/ex (Spurs)

Greem - ML - £400k (Millwall)

Total money received: £12million

So just a net of £1.7 million spent this summer, although there's a bit left in the kitty yet.

FA Community Shield: Man Utd 1-1 Arsenal - Man Utd win 3-2 on pens

The traditional season opener delivered a feast of football, both sides creating many a chance, but just the 2 goals were scored; Eto'o (35) putting United ahead, Chevanton (61) grabbing the equaliser.

In the shootout, aftr the first 4 pens were scored, the next 7 were missed, which left new boy Seitaridis to slot home the winning spot kick.

Another trophy to Liggins icon_smile.gif

everton.gif

Early days, but a good start for the Toffees.

Well my fourth season at Goodison Park kicked off last night, a campaign that holds high hopes for me and my fellow managers that this can be a breakout year for their respective clubs. Having surveyed the transfer activity over the summer of Danny King, Andy Nilsen and Sam Bouchard, I am convinced that this season could see an unbelievable scrap to firstly qualify for the Champions League and secondly to possibly put in a title challenge which would be a new experience for Everton, Birmingham and Portsmouth. Arsenal though remain a class act and are wounded. Manchester United have a squad the envy of the world and will continue to splash the cash on a whim as we saw with a recent £26m bid for fullback Lahm (who decided to go to Real Madrid instead) an extraordinary amount of money for a full back. Chelsea will surely re-invest soon, it's been quite some time since they spent big. So, it should be exciting and with Andy Nilsen having just swooped for Italian striker Pazzini, Murphy has identified Portsmouth as the biggest threat to his plan to edge Sam Bouchard out of that eternal comfortable niche he has in 3rd/4th spot. icon_wink.gif

The previous few weeks saw a final few deals at Goodison Park. Incoming are Gael Clichy from Arsenal, a 22 year old fullback who can also play in the midfield. Having looked at him at the end of last season and been quoted £4.5m by Wenger, I was alerted to his availability at a new price of £2.9m as Rob Steel's Southampton submitted an opening offer to Arsenal. We quickly matched that and Clichy was on his way to Goodison Park. Also added was defender Alex, who cost £3m and is an excellent addition to the defensive unit. Unfortunately though the summer also saw the departure of an Everton legend as Maciej Zurawski was deemed surplus to requirements at the age of 30 and sold to Southampton for £3.5m. The fans were understandably upset that one of the favoured sons, a player they had adopted close to their hearts since Murphy signed him in 2004 was to be let go. But times move on and Rob Steel has got himself a real bargain here because Zurawski has got at least three good seasons left in him to terrorise Premiership defences.

So to the opening day and on the agenda once again was Rick Boult:

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 1 Everton

With Rick's team having dominated the Championship last season and Boult playing a canny hand in the transfer market over the summer, this is surely the time for Blackburn to break into the top 10 in the Premiership. As last season's League Cup Quarter Final had shown, a visit to Blackburn will be a tight tough game as Boult has his side well organised. On the opposing side was Jean Vennigor of Hesselink who felt he had something to prove after Murphy discarded him from Goodison Park after only one season. Well this game lived up to billing. Dour and tight with not much action. Blackburn took the lead around 65 minutes into the game with a crisp low shot beating Isakkson down by the post. Everton re-organised and got their reward on 72 minutes when new Turkish striker Akin Serhat notched on his debut from a well executed corner routine. The points shared at Ewood.

Everton 1 - 0 Portsmouth

With Andy Nilsen having provided much amusement in the press lately, tipping himself for a league and cup double and an appearance in the Champions League final this season, I welcomed the self titled "ultimate killing machine" Portsmouth to Goodison Park confident of victory. icon_razz.gif

As always there was an edge to this duel as Nilsen had sneaked ahead of Everton on the last day of the previous season and both managers were looking to get an early psychological advantage for the forthcoming campaign. With both sides in a 4-4-2 formation the game began and Everton got off to a flyer. On 8 minutes, Everton toyed with the Portsmouth players passing the ball around at the back until Boumsong looked up and saw the excellent run off the ball by Slovakian striker Robert Vittek. Picking him out with a Hoddle like pass, Vittek surged into the Portsmouth area causing fear and panic to defenders around him. Vittek played in Serhat to notch an early goal for the Toffees. After this Portsmouth were unable to offer much threat to the Everton goal bar a few long rangers once Murphy had assigned his defence to properly look after the ever dangerous Daniel Carvallo on their left flank. Yet of course, Andy is known for his luck and out of the blue on 86 minutes, Portsmouth were awarded a penalty and a chance to salvage a point. However, Mascherano's effort was superbly saved by Isakkson and a new hero was born on Merseyside. The final whistle blue and Everton took the three points on this occasion quite easily, but Nilsen has a good side here and will soon climb the table.

Everton 2 - 0 Chelsea

Victory over Chelsea at last but again the Londoners gave me a good game and we had to work for the win. Serhat on target once again and in the second half the game was wrapped up with Valdo's first goal of the season.

Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 2 Everton

A very tough opening to the campaign continued with my third clash of the night against one of EPL's leading teams. Tottenham are lethal at White Hart Lane and were probably confident of brushing aside the Toffee's and continuing their unbeaten start to the campaign. However it didn't quite work out like that as Everton put in an excellent performance and in reality denied Tottenham any real opportunities at goal. Sehat gave us the lead early on and we held it with ease (the supply to Kanoute snuffed out this time after his hat trick last season) until around the 68th minute when a rare punt forward from Spurs saw Sam's favourite son, Luke Moore, finish with excellent composure. As I envisaged a tough last 20 minutes with Spurs flying at me, Paul Robinson made an uncharacteristic error in goal with a poor kick out resulting in Serhat pouncing for his second goal of the game. With this, the expected onslaught from Spurs didn't materialise and Everton ran out 2-1 winners. Again though, Sam will do well again this season as he has a very good side, but as admitted, it is our aim to dislodge him from being consistently the second highest finishing human team. I'm coming to get YOU!! icon_biggrin.gif

Everton 5 - 0 Middlesbrough

Well how fitting it was that the night was rounded off by beating Middlesbrough, whose win at Goodison by a penalty only a few short months back cost me a place in the Champions League. An excellent performance here with Kallstrom scoring twice, Vittek scoring his first for the club, Tomas Sivok and the other scorer I've forgotten notching the goals.

So 13 points from a possible 15. Nilsen and Bouchard put to the sword. Chelsea beaten and Middlesbrough walloped. Could this really be Everton's year to challenge? Early days but I'm on it. icon_wink.gif

manutd.gif

League game 1: Man City 0-2 Man Utd

United got their championship defence off to a solid start, seeing off local rivals City comfortably. Early goals from Tuncay (5) and Eto'o (12) killed the game before it had really started.

League game 2: Man Utd 3-1 Bolton

Again early goals did for the opposition, Tuncay (3, 20) and Eto'o (30) again doing the damage. In truth it could've been more, but the only other goal came from the visitors with their only shot of the afternoon, Campano (54) curling home a beautiful free kick.

League game 3: WBA 0-2 Man Utd

Cassano (16) headed home at the far post to give United another early lead, before Eto'o (51) scored for the 3rd league game in row to make the points safe.

European Super Cup: Bayern Munich 0-1 Man Utd

The Champions league winners were seen off by an understrength United side, Gilardino (17) opening his United account with a calm finish to give Liggins another trophy to his name

League game 4: Man Utd 6-0 Blackburn

Rick Boult's men weren't given any favours on their return to the big time, as United kept their 100% record in tact. Eto'o (10, 36) put United 2-0 up at the break, but a 15 minute spell after the break really did for Blackburn. Cassano (55), Gilardino (60, 65) and van der Vaart (69) with a brilliant free kick blitzed Blackburn, to give the scoreline a very convincing look.

At this point a couple more transfer deals were done:

IN

Nicolas Burdisso - DC - £14mil (£7mil u front) from Inter

A class act, meaning now there's a world class replacement for Chivu and Rio.

OUT

Luke Steel - Gk - £500k to Reading

That made the net sepnd this summer £15.2million

Champions league group stage game 1: Panathanaikos 0-2 Man Utd

A comfortable start to the Champions league campaign, Rooney (28) and Gilardino (90) with the goals

southampton.gif

SAINTS LOOK TO PUSH INTO TOP 10

After finishing season 3 in 10th place, Steel looks to strengthen his Saints squad and try to get them into Europe for the first time since 2002.

Transfers In

Mariusz Lewandowski - Bosman from Everton

Ex £3.5m Toffeeman signs from Nialls Everton, Solid Centre Back or Defensive Midfielder. Will be an asset.

Joseba Etexberria - Bosman from Atletic Club

Spanish Winger, oozes with class and will be a major player for Saints.

Giovanny Hernandez - Bosman from Dortmund

Experianced Colombian International, playmaker and hoping for lots of exciting football from him. Will also be taking weekly drug tests.

Mario - £250k from some northern team (Blackburn)

Solid Centre back brought for peanuts. Maybe bargain of the season?

Maciej Zurawski - £3.5m from Everton

The man who single handedly destroys Saints seasons has been brought on the cheap. Everton fans were not happy with the transfer but the fans of Southampton where looking forward to his partnership with Podolski.

Transfers Out

Luis Boa Morte - Bosman to Man City

Big loss but compensated with the signing of Etexberria.

Darius Vassell - £4.4m to St Etienne

Average season, not worth the wages he was on, goodbye Darius..

Martin Petras - £250k to West Ham

Who?

Patrick Boyle - £1m to Crystal Palace

The Irish Roberto Carlos is shipped out as he didnt develop.

Phil Neville - £500k to Charlton

Average season and not worth 25k a week.

Emile Heskey - £575k to Crystal Palace

Bit part player, made £75k profit so happy with that.

Players released :

Stam - Too Old

Berger - Ditto

Season 4

Liverpool 3 - 2 Southampton

Tough Start for Saints especially when Portillo scored after only 7 mins, Saints 3-6-1 formation seemed to be rocking! It was all Liverpool until Podolski scored on the counter attack to level things up. Then after half-time Wilhelmsson scored again on the counter to put Saints up. Steel would of gone more defensive but thought he couldnt make his formation any more defensive!! 5 mins later Olic scored for the Pool and the Cisse banged in the winner on 78 mins.

Southampton 0 - 3 Aston Villa

The day Steel ditched the 3-6-1 formation. Terrible day and will only mention the Villa scorers. Suazo with 2, and Angel getting the other.

Crystal Palace 1 - 2 Southampton

First points of the season against relegation favorites Palace. Saints dominated the 1st half, resorting back to a more familar 442. Wilhelmsson banged one in on 27mins and Hernandez got his first goal for the Saints with a Pen on 42min. 2nd half it was all Palace as Saints went 451 and Derry scored a screamer of a free kick on 74mins but Saints held firm for their first win.

Southampton 0 - 0 Man City

The visit of Man City these days dont normally mean 3 points. They are now a solid outfit and that proved correct as there were only 4 highlights all game! Saints enjoyed most the game but had to settle for a point!

Bolton 0 - 2 Southampton

A tough fixture for Saints against one of the more talented (allegedly) teams in the League. It was alos the first game which teamed up Zurawski and Podolski. It was all Bolton until the 32nd minute when Grella argued with the Ref and that is stupid when he already had a yellow card so off he went! After that it was all Saints and the front pair looked lively and indeed, Zurawski banged one in on his debut. Second half was the same, all Saints, but following a Corner, Niemi was allegeded to have pushed a Bolton player and old J-J stepped up to take the kick. Niemi reedemed himself by saving the spot kick to his right. Then to make Boltons game worse, Jaaskelainen, Finlands no2, was stretched off after Bolton had used all their subs. So 3 mins laters Wilhelmsson scored from 25 yards to finish the game.

Southampton 0 - 0 West Brom

Yawn, for the 2nd consecutive league game, a stalemate at St Marys. West Brom came looking for the draw and got it! These are the sort of tactics that made Kristiansen make his mind up to join the saints in the next transfer window!

Southampton 5 - 0 Rotherham (LC)

Easy run out for Saints reserves. Sparv with the 1st on 18mins. Zurawski on 56 & 85 mins, Simek own goal on 86mins and Zurawski with his hattrick on 90mins. Bring on Chester in the next round!! :p

Blackburn 1 - 0 Southampton

This was a worse game than the Villa one. Saints didnt turn up and deserved nuthin. A long range effort by Borowski killed us off. Had a few chances with Podolski, but missing his new partner in crime (Zurawski) had to shoot from stupid angels as he was the lone front man! Losing to a champtionship side, whatever next?? :p

Southampton 2 - 0 Poopey

South Coast derby, Honours to the Saints! Zurawski back from injury scored after 2mins to make him a instant heroe on the south coast. Podolski scored the 2nd on 35mins to earn a deserved victory! The skate boss tried to blame the keepers but the stats didnt really help his arguement! The look a shadow of the previous seasons team, maybe Saints will be top dogs this year?

Spurs 3 - 4 Southampton

What a game, will be included in the Premierships top 20 games DVD which is out at the end of the season. Davids scored after 9mins with a header before Etxeberria equalised with his first for Saints after Zurawski skinned 3 players and setting him up. Leon Best (in for the injured Podolski) then put Saints 2-1 after a great through ball by Zurawski. Spurs then equalise with a well worked goal which makes my defence look like crap. Wilhelmsson scores 8 mins later with a crisp right foot shot into the bottom corner after a great run. The Van Nistolrooy dives in the box (no, he really did!) to earn Spurs a pen. Ewerthon send Niemi the wrong way to make it 3-3! The action wasnt over as Zurawski caps off a great performance to slot the 4th goal in. Great game!

Performance so far?

Well top 10 looks a cert, but ive said that before only to see my team **** it up. Currently sitting in 8th but cant get my 2 best strikers in the same team as one of them is normally injured!! A great win at Spurs but a tough trip to Everton next, having never won there, but with 2 of there old boys in my 11st eleven, maybe they may be up for it and grab me at least a point.

till then...

Adios Amigos!!

everton.gif

Into Europe we sail and the first pish up session was in Bosnia. Very very nice.

UEFA Cup 1st Rnd

A 3-1 win against well known outfit Zeljeznecar followed by a 1-1 draw at Goodison. This put us into this shambles of a competition's group stage where I have to play 4 bloody games against Dortmund, Dynamo Kiev, Ruben and Austria Vienna. With opposition of such quality I now know why Liggins takes this cup so seriously. icon_wink.gif

Group Game One

Everton 3 - 1 Austria Vienna

Two from Calaio and one from Flamini despite Isakkson getting sent off.

FA Barclaycard Premiership

Back to the real deal, establishing Everton as one of England's leading clubs.

Everton 5 - 0 Charlton

Easy win over the struggling Addicks. Once Robert Vittek opened the scoring after 14 minutes the floodgates just opened. Further goals added by Marko Babic, full back Bogelund and then Akin Serhat with a brace notching Everton's second consecutive 5-0 home win. Stunning, simply stunning. icon_biggrin.gif

Man Utd 2 - 1 Everton

First defeat of the season arrives, not unexpectedly at Old Trafford, with the Manchester Reds out of everyones league in players available to the manager. Tried to shut up shop in a 4-5-1 and hit on the break and as expected United took control baraging our goal. However we managed to hold out and put a great chance wide through Babic just before half time. All was going to plan until I got hit with a raking long ball up the field as a set piece routine broke down. "Long ball Liggins" caught us out here as despite my defenders catching Van Der Vaart who was straight through, the Dutchman was able to shoot home from the edge of the D. Gutting to be undone in such a fashion after 49 minutes. Soon it was 2-0 and this was a nice move which ended at the feet of E'too which normally means goal and indeed it did here. After this we tried to get back in it and managed to nick one near the end, Vittek bambooziling the United defence to square for Valdo to force home. A very respectable scoreline as far as Murphy was concerned, with particualar ire at the manner of United's first goal undoing my plans.

Everton 2 - 0 Newcastle

Morgan De Sanctis was surprisingly sold by Andy Nilsen, a decision that has come back to haunt the Fratton boss who is obsessed with goalkeepers. It must be the big right hands they have that he likes so much. Anyway I digress. De Sanctis kept Newcastle in the game until the 80th minute when Sivok fired home from range. On 89 the game was sealed as Sorriano notched and yet again Murphy had to brush off the "Luck of the Irish" comments from opposing coaches. Ah, my team is just too good this year boys. icon_wink.gif

Leicester 1 - 4 Everton

Martin O'Neill is back at Leicester and my fellow Irishman felt the wrath of Everton. Kimmy K notching after just 2 minutes set the tone as we romped into a four goal lead. Martin Petrov on the left flank having an outstanding day as he ran infield to score two absolute beauties. On 77 minutes, re-invigorated Italian striker Emmanuele Calaio notched his 50th goal for the club. Another Murphy success in the transfer market Mr Nilsen. icon_biggrin.gif

Everton 1 - 0 Southampton

Niemi put in a wonderful performance to keep the score at 1-0 after Kallstrom had given Everton a first half lead with a typical powerful effort. At the other end Zurawski was a thorn in the side on his return to Goodison Park as we knew he would be, but the one good chance that fell to him was well parried by Isakkson and in the end Everton were unlucky not to add to the first half goal. A better performance from Saints this time than on previous occassions so perhaps Rob Steel is getting a side together on the south coast.

So after 10 games we sit second just two points behind Manchester United. The UEFA Cup though is a distraction I don't need and could hit our Premiership campaign. I may sacrifice this for the gretaer good of Champions League qualification next season - which is where its at. Tonight I am a happy toffee.

League Tables etc

manutd.gif

League game 5: Man Utd 6-1 Spurs

Spurs came out with a very aggresive 4-1-3-2 formation and got routinely smashed for it. Eto'o (8), Rooney (57, 86), Tuncay (70) and Defoe (80, 88) with the goals for United, all Spurs could muster was a Guarin (78) effort from distance.

League Game 6: Portsmout 0-2 Man Utd

Just like last years encounters this was a close game, but the win was definetely deserved, Julio Baptista (28) and Defoe (79) the men on target.

League game 7: Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd

The 3rd game in 6 days took it's toll on the lads, as a solitary Gudjohnsen (71) goal was enough to give Chelsea the points.

Champions league group stage game 2: Man Utd 0-1 Deportivo

Another defeat, although this one was unlucky: a Valeron (pen 14) penalty was all Depor could muster on target all game, as Molina was kept busy at the other end.

League game 8: Man Utd 2-1 Everton

A routine victory, although it took a while for the deadlock to be broken. Ambrosini hit a post in the first half, but it wasn't until after van der Vaart (49) finished off a counter attack and Eto'o (55) a lovely move that United could breath easy. Valdo (86) got Everton a consolation goal late on, with their only shot on target.

League game 9: Birmingham 0-1 Man Utd

Not the best game, an Ambrosini (70) from a corner enough to separate the sides.

Champions league group stage game 3: Celtic 1-1 Man Utd

United undone for a 2nd European game i a row by the opposition's only effort on goal being a penalty. Cassano (30 seconds) gave United the lead before a Celtic player had touched the ball, McGeady (pen 24) equalised from the spot, and despite all United's pressing a winner couldn't be found.

League game 10: Man Utd 2-1 Boro

A really hard fought victory against a strong Boro side. United had to go 3 up front to finally get a breakthrough, Eto'o (75) getting that elusive goal. But immediately, with their only shot on target all game (I'm getting bored of saying that) Boro equalised, Matusovic (79) finishing cooly. Time to play 2-4-1-3, and Cassano (88) curled home the winner, despite being down to 33% fitness

skylogo_default.gif

What A Shower Of Sh*te

After an average start to the season, Spurs Manager Sam Bouchard came out in the press this morning and had this to say about his side.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I dont think i've ever managed a group full of such ego's. What a waste of time this season'll be if we dont sort this out. I took time, effort and spent the club's valuable money to try and achieve something here at Spurs that had never been done before. Well....that's all going down the drain because the players seem to be in it for their own personal gain. There will be changes, and those changes will start now. I'm a man of football, and i'd gladly pay every penny to watch my team lose, but as long as the effort was there i can't compain. There wasn't any effort at the weekend. There hasn't been any effort for weeks now, and since the turn of the season the players seem to have something in their heds about being the best in the world. The players have to learn a few things otherwise they will be thrown out on their arses come Monday morning.

No player is bigger than Tottenham Hotspur....

No player is bigger than the staff members here...

But most of all, no god damn player on this planet is bigger than Sam Bouchard...

It's aparently a well known thing that i'm a very friendly, generous boss, almost that of a pushover....well this afternoon the sh*t is about to hit the fan...then we'll see who's the poxy pushover...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strong words from the boss at Spurs this morning at a press conference for Sky Sports News... has the challenge of the EPL finally hit a nerve for straight boss Bouchard? I've never seen him like this before, and would love to be a fly on the wall at the training ground this afternoon.

birmingham.gif

Soon after the sacking of Danny King as manager of Birmingham City Danny King II was announced as the new manager with stories of a family connection hitting the headlines. Although this could be further from the truth as the sudden disappearance of Danny king also caused a few people to question the true identity of the new man in charge at St Andrews.

My main aim this season is to try and get Birmingham City back into Europe via anyway possible ie League, FA cup, Carling cup or intertoto cup.

Transfers In..

Andrea Gasbarroni From Palermo For Free

A good midfield player would will add a bit of flair to the team.

Nicolas Anelka From Man City For Free

This player brings a lot of pace with him and hopefully I will be able to keep him under control and stop him upsetting the rest of the team.

Dimitar Berbatov From Leverkusen For Free

Berbatov has been given the biggest contact in Birmingham City history so he would join on a free transfer. He is a class player and hopefully he will be able to settle into the area and score the goals for us.

Stilian Petrov From Celtic For Free

Done well over the last few season for Celtic but only time will tell if he can take the next step up from Scottish football to the premiership.

Yildoray Basturk From Hertha BSC For Free

Turkish International player who again is on a big contact but should bring some class to the team.

Mauro Esposito From Cagliari For Free

Another player from Italy who will play a backup role for the midfield.

Calum Davenport From Tottenham For 2.4 million

A class defender and I was more than happy to sign him once Sam said he could go. Will partner Dawson in the heart of the defence.

Andres D'Alessandro From Wolfsburg For 14 million

Put all my eggs in one basket signing this players by blowing my whole transfer budget on one player. Hopefully will be able to score a few goal from the AMC role in my team.

As you can see I have signed a lot of players and with a club like Birmingham City you have to balance the books by selling a few players or letting them go on a free

Players Out..

Muzzy Izzet To Sunderland For Free

Wanted to keep Izzet but Pagi offered him a better contact so he joined them. I wish Izzet all the best in Championship football this season.

Marian Pahars To Neuchatel Xamax For Free

Never really played for the last couple of season so was happy to have him off my wage bill.

Kenny Cunningham Free Transfer

Kenny had been a good player for the club over the years, but he is coming to the end of his playing days so I didn't renew his contact.

Nathan Ellington To Sunderland For 1.4 million

Never really broke into the first team so when Pagi made an offer he was off to Sunderland.

Suazo To Aston Villa For 9.75 million

Suazo was my top goal scorer last season but I needed the funds to buy D'Alessandro. I was sad to see him leave because he scored some great and important goals for the team last season.

Colin Doyle To Charlton For 210k

Didn't look like he make the cut so when an offer came in he was off.

Matthew Upson To Arsenal For 7.5 million

A good player for the club but we couldn't offer him the contact he wanted so he was put up for sale and Arsenal came in for him and the rest is history.

So thats 16.4 million spent on players and 18.86 million received from players sale's so under Ligs logic I haven't spent a bean this season, oh the board will be happy. icon_wink.gif

Team..

This is the team that will start the season for Birmingham City

GK Cudicini

RB Bardsley

LB Garnder

CB Dawson

CB Davenport

DMC Emerton

MC Basturk

MC Carter

AMC D'Alessandro

FC Forssell

FC Barbatov

SB1 Taylor

SB2 Buxton

SB3 Anekla

SB4 Petrov

SB5 Savage

Results..

Premiership Game 1

WBA 0

Birmingham City 6

Berbatov 16, 55 Anelka 33 D'Aleeandro 48 Forssell 88

Man of the Match: Berbatov 9/10 Brimingham City

Attendance-35973

Refereed by Uriah Rennie

WBA are not the same team without there manager Chris Morris and with all my new signing making a great start this was a awesome result for my team. 6-0 Win

Premiership Game 2

Birmingham City 2

D'Alessandro 44 Forssell 88

Blackburn 0

Man of the Match: Anelka 8/10 Birmingham City

Attendance-36979

Refereed by Alan Wiley

A fair result I think against the premiership newcomers but Blackburn are a hard team to break down and I'm sure Rick Boult will have a good season this year. 2-0 Win

Premiership Game 3

Birmingham City 1

Berbatov pen 66

Totenham 2

Nistelrooy 56, 83

Man of the Match: Nistelrooy 10/10 Tottenham

Attendance-36556

Refereed by Graham Poll

A draw would have been a fair result in this game but Van Nistelrooy was on top form and he took both his goals well and my boys missing a few good chances, it wasn't our night. 2-1 Defeat

Premiership Game 4

Portsmouth 0

Birmingham City 1

Forssell 86

Man of the Match: Emerton 9/10 Brimingham City

Attendance-35971

Refereed by Mike Riley

My first win against old big head and it looks like early on the goat might have sold one two many of his stars. To be honest a draw would have been a fair result. 1-0 Win

Premiership Game 5

Chelsea 2

Drogba 12, 30

Birmingham City 0

Man of the Match: Drogba 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-42252

Refereed by Steve Dunn

Never have much luck against Chelsea and again out classed by a better team with 2 well taken goals by Drogba to give Chelsea the win. 2-0 Defeat

Carling Cup 2nd Rd

Bournemouth 0

Birmingham City 1

Hasan 39 Adu 55

Man of the Match: Hasan 8/10 Birmingham City

Attendance-9605

Refereed by Scott Mathieson

Didn't expect much trouble from Bournemouth so put out a 2nd team and the boys didn't let me down. 2-0 Win

Premiership Game 6

Birmingham City 1

Forssell 76

Middlesbrough 0

Man of the Match: Gardner 8/10 Birmingham City

Attendance-36799

Refereed by Mark Dixon

A close game that could have gone either way but Forssell was one top form to score the winning goal. 1-0 Win

Premiership Game 7

Charlton 1

Viduka 85

Birmingham City 1

Forssell

Man of the Match: Carter 8/10 Birmingham City

Attendance-29851

Refereed by Graham Poll

Was all over Charlton until I scored my goal then it was all Charlton in the last 10 mins but bad marking which gave then a way back into the game. 1-1 Draw

Premiership Game 8

Birmingham City 0

Manchester Utd 1

Ambrosini 70

Man of the Match: Davenport 8/10 Birmingham City

Attendance-36799

Refereed by Mark Clattenburg

World class 1st team, world class reserve team and suspect formation. There not much chance of getting anything against Manchester United but I tried using 4 man defence and 3 DMC to counter there 4-2-3-1 formation and I think it worked well even with them having most of the play and chance's they only broke the deadlock via a corner which Ambrosini header home.

1-0 Defeat

More to follow soon icon_wink.gif

manutd.gif

League Cup 3rd Round: Crewe 0-2 Man Utd

A comfortable win for the reserves, Fletcher (36) and Hanke (48) with the goals

League game 11: Newcastle 1-3 Man Utd

Van der Vaart (3) silenced the home fans with an early goal, Tuncay (22) adding a second as United were cruising. Kluivert (67) gave Newcastle some hope, but there was to be no comeback as Eto'o (77) wrapped up the points.

Champions league group stage game 4: Man Utd 6-1 Celtic

Revenge for the unlucky draw in Glasgow; Defoe (8, 39, 56) and Cassano (59, 63, 74) each bagging hatricks. Bothroyd (12) had pulled Celtic level early on.

League game 12: Man Utd 4-0 Leicester

Despite Rooney missing a 12th minute penalty, United ran out easy winners, Cassano (34), Eto'o (56, 58) and Heinze (90) with the goals.

League Cup 4th Round: Chelsea 0-0 Man Utd aet. Chelsea win 4-2 on aggregate

Nothing could separate the sides in 120 minutes of dull football so penalties were needed, and Chelsea's keeper proved the hero, saving 2 United spot kicks.

Champions league group stage game 5: Man Utd 6-0 Panathinaikos

A great display of clinical finishing from United, as Ambrosini (14), Tuncay (19, 38), Rooney (33), van der Vaart (54) and Eto'o (68) sent the Greeks home with nothing to celebrate.

League game 13: Man Utd 3-1 Arsenal

The same result as last season against Wenger's men. It was a close game; Tuncay (39) gave United the lead only for Henry (43) to equalise, but Eto'o (45) restored the lead just before the break. When Tuncay (78) grabbed his second it signalled game over

everton.gif

Everton top the table

It’s been an incredible campaign for Everton so far this season surpassing all my expectations of the side’s ability. We’re sitting ahead of Manchester United at the minute but with Liggins having two games in hand, Murphy is just enjoying looking down on everyone while it lasts. icon_wink.gif While we obviously hope to be able to put in a sustained challenge for the title, the ambition remains to get ourselves into the Champions league as the size and quality of Manchester United’s squad should see them safely pull away and win the championship.

Carling Cup Third Round

Everton 4 – 0 Middlesbrough

The defence of the Carling Cup got underway with a home tie against my good mate Dave Jones, who spends so much time licking my ass before games he usually forgets to tell his team how to play football. We tanked the Boro for the second time in a matter of months getting off to a great start after 2 minutes. Mendieta could only divert a goal bound effort into his own goal to ease the nerves. On 40 minutes it was two as Danny King’s tormentor in chief icon_razz.gif notched with an effort just outside the D, captain Flamini proving he’s no one match wonder here. Just after half time, rapidly rising star Burzanovic squared for a Serhat tap in and on 52 the young right winger got his name on the scoresheet with a powerful finish after being played in by Flamini.

Carling Cup Fourth Round

Southampton 1 – 0 Everton

Amazingly the draw paired me with Rob Steel’s Southampton for the fourth year in succession. My man in the FA did his job well again as I asked him to ensure easy passage to the next round icon_wink.gif , but this time Rob Steel’s Saints were ready for us with what appears to be a new tactic. In a close game the main man this time was in the Saints side as Wilhelmsson was a thorn in our side all afternoon, scoring in the 21st minute which decided the tie, until we kicked him off the pitch on 49 minutes. After the tie Murphy stated,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> We’ve had an incredible run in this competition, reaching the semi-finals twice and winning it last year so I’m sad we have failed to come away with a result here at a ground we usually do well on. I have to be honest though and admit that with UEFA Cup football to be played this year, our exit will be beneficial in the long term. Rob Steel is an enigma and his side seem to know no in-between from sh1te and excellent. Tonight his boys were excellent and I hope Steel can go onto lift this trophy this season for the Saints fans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

UEFA Cup Group Stage Game Two

Ruben 1 – 5 Everton

A hat trick from Calaio and two goals from forgotten man Alexander Frei settled this tie as Everton move onto 6 points in the group.

Arsenal 1 – 3 Everton

At last victory over Arsenal at the new Emirates Stadium and pleasingly it was accomplished with attacking football that would be admired by the master himself, Arsene Wenger. Before the game I was delighted to be acknowledged as a threat by Arsene a further sign that Everton are gaining respect from the top coaches. We got off to an awful start though as from a corner on 12 minutes, a goalmouth scramble finished with the ball landing at the feet of Arsenal skipper Patrick Vieira who scored against us yet again. After this Arsenal found their form and attacked with verve through Reyes in particular but with Isaksson, Bogelund and De Jong adding new defensive steel to Everton and with the emergence of 23 year old Tomas Sivok as a defensive midfielder of supreme quality, Everton were able to weather the storm in their 4-5-1 formation and came back into the match. On 32 minutes, Kallstrom and Flamini combined to put in our £16m rated winger Valdo, who squeezed a shot from an angle beating Stuart Taylor at the near post. Poor goalkeeping but we were glad of the break having had atrocious luck here in the past two seasons. Then just before HT, Flamini played a lovely through ball to top scorer Serhat, who finished beautifully into the bottom corner. The game was wrapped up on 82 minutes after concerted Arsenal pressure when Serhat returned the compliment to Flamini and the ex-Arsenal man scored against his old club to seal a marvellous win.

After the game Murphy stated with typical eloquence,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Hell yeah!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Birmingham 1 – 0 Everton

If Everton are one of the Premierships fastest improving teams, then we need look no further than Birmingham to see a revolution is under way up there as well. Unfortunately, my plans to beat Danny King for the fourth game in succession were spoiled by an sudden striker injury crisis that left just Serhat and the underused Frei available for selection. Having won at Arsenal with a 4-5-1 I decided to change my usual Brum destroyer icon_wink.gif and play more defensively. On the day though, Danny’s side deserved to win the game having the much better goalmouth action even if the goal that won the game really annoyed me as it came from a corner cleared to Calum Davenport who stuck away the winner. Basturk was a real handful and it took everything I could do to try and keep him quiet which to be fair, we never really managed. However, we did manage to prevent Danny’s £14m attacking midfielder D’Alessandro from getting a kick at all, so much so he was substituted off at half time. icon_biggrin.gif

In my opinion I would have sneaked a 0-0 draw had Sivok managed to last the 90 minutes but withdrawing my main kicker probably contributed to our downfall. But well played to Birmingham who deservedly sit 5th in the table tonight.

Everton 1 – 0 Fulham

Well the most boring team in town, Mo Ilyas’ Fulham, finally conceded a goal to me after holding Everton to a few consecutive 0-0 bore draws. The good news for Fulham fans is that Ilyas has finally taken off his khaki shorts and shirt having wrestled a lion to the ground with his bare hands in deepest Africa, and is back to tame the Premiership from the weekend. As always, respect is due to the Ilyas one for a remarkable defensive performance by his team in his absence and as mentioned before once Ilyas gets a strikeforce to be feared, Fulham will be a European outfit. Kallstrom settled this one and I reckon Ilyas will take a season or two to turn it around at Craven Cottage.

Liverpool 1 – 2 Everton

In a season of firsts, Murphy wins his first Merseyside derby at Anfield in another nail biting performance. In a match with very few attempts on target from either side, Everton took the lead through a spectacular free kick from Bulgarian left winger Petrov. On 65 Serhat finished off another fine move to put the game safe although Cisse converted a 90th minute penalty for Liverpool, the three points went to the Toffees.

Everton 1 – 0 Aston Villa

Villa are in the champions league this season and as a result their Premiership form has drastically declined and they sit just above the relegation spots. However, their team remains a quality outfit and a 6th minute strike from Petrov was just enough to win the game.

So, the best part about this season so far is the dramatic upturn in our home form. Having claimed with the signing of Boumsong that I will have a tight arse defence (to much mirth and slagging from my fellow managers) no one can argue with me now as at Goodison we have won 8 from 8 and have yet to concede a goal (that’s that scudded now then). With impressive away form last season, if we can keep this up there is no reason why we can’t get a top two finish and keep the pressure on Manchester United. Liggins may have bought the title for the next few seasons but Murphy will try his best to make him work for his medals. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

portsmouth_180.gif

Disappointing !

With having to sell 3 of my best players in the summer due to there ridiculous wage demands some thought it would be a tough season for Portsmouth but not me as I did spend big money on a few players to replace them.

Pazzini 15m

young Italian Striker who I know well from my City days

Mavuba 12m

Class midfielder who can defend or attack. After 1 day at the club the top 2 of United and Everton were already snooping around until I got in touch with some ‘friends’ to put them straight.

Saja 6m

We needed a good keeper so here he is hopefully

The reason we are only 8th in the league is mainly due to our home form as last year we were a fortress but this year its more like an old crummy building. So far our away record is respectable so if we can improve our home form to last years we will have no problem catching Everton atleast, United probably are too far ahead but you never know in this crazy world of football.

Hers a few results of big games.

Everton 1-0 Portsmouth

Quite a big game this season and guess what I’m going to say? Yeah once again the lucky Irishman somehow won with there only shot of the first 50mins. We had to play a reserve keeper as Saja wasn’t here in time and Lastuvka was injured, so the keeper played a 5 all game till for some reason it jumped to 8 after he made 1 save from a 40 yard shot.

Meanwhile we dominated play but only made 1 or 2 half chances which we couldn’t take. Then in the last minute the only real chance of the whole game fell to us as we were awarded penalty but once again luck was on nails side when Mascherano stumbled on his run up and fell flat on his face hitting the ball with his head rolling it straight to Everton’s keeper.

All in all a really boring game which should have been a 0-0 bore but because of our keeper knowing he was on his way out I think he let the goal in. don’t worry I have contacted the FA about this and I’m hoping they will take care of Murphy in the appropiate way after bribing the poor young kid.

Portsmouth 0-1 Birmingham

Exactly the same as the last game. We dominated but 1 long ball from Brum gave them the win, still we had enough chances to win but no once again the opposition keeper was just way too good compared to ours.

Portsmouth 0-2 United

Another very close game against the best two teams on there day, a free kick gave United the lead but we came fighting back but like in all our big games this season our finishing was way off. United killed the game with the second just wasting time at any opportunity.

Champions League

This is the high point of our season so far with some great results against top European clubs including European champions. We were drawn into the so called group of death but we soon showed it wasn’t going to be us dying in the group stage.

Portsmouth 3-1 Bayern

Betis 0-2 Portsmouth

Portsmouth 1-2 Porto

Just have to say this game was ridiculous, it was ALL! Us and then Porto score from Distin falling over with one of there players picking the ball up which led to a goal and then a 40 yard shot got deflected which somehow went in when our keeper just let the ball roll (as fast as a 100 year old jogging) past him.

Porto 0-3 Portsmouth

Basically shows how unlucky we were last time the 2 clubs met

skylogo_default.gif

Murphy slams "living in dreamworld" Nilsen

Reacting to Andy Nilsen's comments that Portsmouth are one of the top two sides in England "on their day" Murphy responded with barely concealed laughter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Andy Nilsen really has his head in the clouds if he thinks Portsmouth are one of England's top two clubs. Portsmouth's day hasn't been very often this season and the table never lies. I had a pound on Portsmouth doing well this season and it looks like the bookies are going to have the last laugh as Nilsen's side flatter to deceive every week. However, if Andy wishes to give me a call, I'm always available to hand out some free advice on building a successful team. Nilsen has absolutely no chance of making up the huge 17 point gap between us and them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So there you have it, Portsmouth and Everton rivalry continues unabated. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goat261:

Portsmouth - Manager: Andy Nilsen AKA God

Saving the best till last icon_wink.gif. After an amazing season getting Portsmouth into the Champions League I now have the money to spend and we all know how good my transfer market record is. Losing influential players Sonck and Mido though could stop our momentum but I doubt it. We have a good squad and an amazing manager so no doubt we will in something this year

League - 1st

FA Cup - Winner

League Cup - Semi Final

Champions League - Runner Up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this the same Andy Nilsen AKA God who said he was going to win the league but are currently 17 point behind the leaders after only 15 games played icon_confused.gif

everton.gif

Everton falter but so do Manchester United as the race for the title heats up.

Yes a mixed bag of results for Everton last night as Chelsea and Birmingham manoeuvre themselves into a position where the title is now being contested by four clubs rather than just myself and Ligs. Although we got off to a good start, beating Crystal Palace 2-0 at Selhurst Park and then beating Manchester City 2-0 at Goodison, my fellow EPL managers just emphasised the quality of competition in this game by putting a spanner in the works. Firstly, Chris Morris' WBA managed to win 2-1 at Goodison to inflict our first home defeat of the season and became the first side to score at Goodison in the Premiership this season. In a tight game as it always is against Morris, WBA are in my opinion the new set piece kings as two corners undid the Everton defence to put the Baggies rather fortunately two goals ahead. From another corner, Serhat pulled one back for Everton and for the last twenty minutes, Lobont played excellently in the Albion goal again, in particular saving a free header from Calaio. In the final minute, Murphy thought he had completed a great comeback when Valdo equalised in the final minute. Unfortunately the goal was dubiously chalked off by the linesman for offside.

Following this defeat Rick Boult's high flying Blackburn Rovers came to Goodison and were in front after only 47 seconds through a powerful effort from range by Renato. Although Calaio brought it back to 1-1 on 18 minutes, an atrocious performance by Isaksson in the second half saw my usually reliable goalkeeper score an own goal and then fail to make a punch from a cross allowing Van Hesselink to make it 3-1. Despite the poor goalkeeping performance contributing hugely to our downfall, credit must go to Rick Boult who took a lot of flak when relegated to the championship in 2005/06. Boult has turned it around at Ewood brilliantly and now Rovers are destined for great things if Boult gets more backing from his board in the future. After this we went up to Andy Nilsen's Portsmouth where we very rarely get anything and lost 1-0 when Daniel Carvallo scored in the first half to breach the strong Everton defence. Pompey dominated the opening hour with Everton forced to rely on set pieces as a threat, but changing things with thirty to go saw the match swing and Everton totally dominated the last half hour, missing several good chances to equalise. All in all, we were very unlucky not to nick a point but Nilsen will argue his first 60 minutes performance and a saved penalty was enough to win him the points.

So in the Premiership we remain very close to Liggins' Manchester United who as Ligs will no doubt inform, went through a slump at exactly the same time as Murphy's men so both managers will be unhappy at exploiting the others difficulties at this time. In the UEFA Cup we negotiated the group stage despite losing 2-0 to Dynamo at Goodison in a smash and grab performance from the Croatian side. However, we then went to Germany and put in an awesome performance beating German powerhouse outfit Borussia Dortmund 3-0 on their own patch. In the next round we face Sochaux of France.

All to play for still, with other news related to the team being Barcelona and Chelsea both chasing my right winger Valdo, I have had to snub a £16.25m offer from the Catalan side already but I am anticipating further bids as Chelsea may yet follow up their interest. In defence, Joseph Yobo has attracted the interest of Juventus, but with a long term contract and an asking price of £20m, it remains to be seen if the Turin side will make their offer concrete with a firm bid. Tomas Sivok is the latest player to demand a better contract as Everton's profile rises and has been rewarded with a five year deal at £29K a week to 2012. It remains to be seen how high I can take Everton without having to break up my squad due to contractual issues.

blackburn.gif

***Blackburn Flying High***

With the season reaching the halfway point, Blackburn Rovers are currently sitting pretty at 7th in the League table. Fans and pundits alike believe the only reason for the success falls souly down to current manager Rick Boult. The talented manager had this to say;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I came under alot of stick from the press last season with the team getting relegated. Even though i was away for most of the season, its down to me who chose the team so it was my fault. However, this season, i took it upon myself to take complete control of the team, fire all backroom staff and make a fresh start at the club i hold so dear to my heart. The personel may have changed, but the tactics are the same and with a change in fortune in front of goal, i finally believe we're reaching our potential. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Latest Results

English Premier League

Aston Villa - Home - 2-1 - Scorers - Mitea, Hesselink

With Villa not having the best of seasons, we despatched them with ease

League Cup 3rd Rnd

Wolves - Away - 1-0 - Scorers - Soataers

Usually a strong competition for us, 1 goal was good enough to see off the Championship side

English Premier League

Crystal Palace - Away - 2-2 - Scorers - Mitea, Hesselink

Dominant performance but 2 defencive errors cost us dearly

English Premier League

Manchester City - Home - 0-0 - Scorers - N/A

Strikers didn't turn up for this 1 with 2 points dropped at home to minnows City

League Cup 4th Rnd

Portsmouth - Home - 1-0 - Scorers - Gallagher

Injury time winner enough to put 'high flying' Pompey out

English Premier League

West Bromwich Albion - Home - 5-0 - Scorers - Mitea, Renato, Hesselink, Stead, Harbuzi

5 Star performance from the lads, Chris's side will have better days

With the next game against Liverpool in the League Cup 1/4 Final, Boult knows it could well represent a chance at some silverware and european qualification.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Liverpool got the a sumewhat underserved 2-3 victory over us at Anfield earlier in the season so i'll be looking forward to getting revenge. The squads looking healthy with no major injuries to report and with the club sitting pretty in 7th place there is a really belief that we can push on for an automatic european place. Mitea for me has been the man of the season so far with many of the younger players learning alot from him. We've got some tough games coming up so if were still in a strong position after the turn of the new year i'll be the proudest manager in the league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

birmingham.gif

Birmingham City are currently in a good position within the premiership (4th) but only time will tell if they can keep up there push for Europe in the league. This year has been made a lot easier in the league by us not being involved in Europe and adding a few bosman signing to increase the size of the squad, so we always have a fit team to take to the field on match days.

Results...

Premiership Game 9

Newcastle 1

Kluivert 76

Birmingham City 0

Man of the Match: Dawson 9/10 Brimingham City

Attendance-49885

Refereed by Mark Clattenburg

This was a game of two goalkeepers, the first was De Sanctics who made save after save against my team and the second was Cudicini who only had one real save to make which he did that well and then threw the ball straight to Kluivert unmarked who scored the only goal. 1-0 Defeat

Carling Cup 3rd Rd

Leicester 0

Birmingham City 2

Forssell 5, 18

Man of the Match: D'Alessandro 10/10 Brimingham City

Attendance-36984

Refereed by Mark Halsey

A good victory for my boys but Leicester did give us a game of it hitting the bar once and the cross bar once as well. 2-0 Win

Premiership Game 10

Leicester 1

Williams 45

Birmingham City 3

Esposito 9 Adu 29 Petrov 43

Man of the Match: Esposito 8/10 Brimingham City

Attendance-36984

Refereed by Mark Halsey

Another good result against Leicester. 3-1 Win

Premiership Game 11

Southampton 0

Birmingham City 1

Berbatov 23

Man of the Match: Exeberria 8/10 Southampton

Attendance-32213

Refereed by Paul Jones

The good news for Birmingham City in this match was Rob Steel was playing and managing his team as his assistant is a lot better manager than him icon_wink.gif To be fair Southampton should at least got 1 point out of this game and maybe even all 3 as they had most pssession and the best chances in the game. 1-0 Win

Premiership Game 12

Birmingham City 1

Davenport 76

Everton 0

Man of the Match: Basturk 10/10 Birmingham

Attendance-36993

Refereed by Steve Dunn

Match's against Birmingham City and Everton are always close affair (well apart for one) and this one was no different, but finally we got the win that reversed a run of defeats by the hands of Everton. A good all round display by my team and I could even afford to rest my 14 million pound man D'Alessandro at half time because Basturk was running the show in the middle of the park. 1-0 Win

Premiership Game 13

Birmingham City 1

Petrov pen 57, 70

Arsenal 0

Sent Off: Emerton 43 min Birmingham

Man of the Match: Petrov 9/10 Birmingham

Attendance-36980

Refereed by Chris Foy

Always good to get any kind of result out of an Arsenal but game but this win was made all the better because we had Emerton sent off in the first half when the score was 0-0. 2-0 Win

Carling Cup 4th Rd

Tottenham 3

Kranjear 51 Moore 63 Guarin 77

Birmingham City 3

Anelka 7 Berbatov 18 D'Alessandro 44 Savage missed pen 50

Lost pens 4-2

Man of the Match: Basturk 9/10 Brimingham City

Attendance-38117

Refereed by Mark Halsey

No Comment well apart from that I'm glad that bl angryfire.gifangryfire.gifdy formation is now banned.

Premiership Game 14

Fulham 2

Morris 74 Lovenkrunda 85

Birmingham City 1

Anelka 33

Man of the Match: Carroll 8/10 Fulham

Attendance-28487

Refereed by Uriah Rennie

All I can say is after this game I felt I had been mugged as if I was walking down the road and someone hit me over the head with an iron bar and nicked my wallet. All over Fulham from start to finish and they had the cheek to score 2 goals with the only 2 attacks. 2-1 Defeat

Premiership Game 15

Birmingham City 3

Anelka 5 Carter 27 Forssell 90

Liverpool 2

Cisse 44 Olic pen 47

Man of the Match: Anelka 10/10 Birmingham

Attendance-36970

Refereed by Steve Dunn

Good to get back to winning ways with morale already starting to drop after the last 2 games. After a fine start with 2 early goals Liverpool got back into the game with a Cisse header and a pen but in the last 15 mins Forssell took to the pitch and scored with the last kick of the game after some fine work from Anelka. 3-2 Win

Premiership Game 16

Aston Villa 0

Birmingham City 4

Anelka 14, 90 D'Alessandro 20, 90

Man of the Match: D'Alessandro 9/10 Birmingham

Attendance-42549

Refereed by Colin Palmer

A great result against my local rivals and maybe one for my best so far in EPL. Anelka and D'Alessandro are fitting into the team well and the fans and board are happy with the way things are going. 4-0 Win

Premiership Game 17

Birmingham City 3

Poom og 28 Forssell 58 Basturk 65

Crystal Palace 0

Man of the Match: Gardner 10/10 Birmingham

Attendance-35149

Refereed by Peter Walton

Another good result for my team and there was only going to be one winner once Pooms error had given us the lead.

3-0 Win

Premiership Game 18

Man City 1

Coulibaly 59

Birmingham City 1

Berbatov 14

Man of the Match: Oliseh 9/10 Man City

Attendance-47980

Refereed by Colin Palmer

This was one for those games that I was all over City in the first half and then in the second half then the game changed and it was all city so a draw is a fair result but I did have a few chances at the end to take all 3 points. 1-1 Defeat

Premiership Game 19

Birmingham City 2

Dawson 41 Anelka 49

Bolton 1

Grella 57

Man of the Match: Esposito 10/10 Birmingham

Attendance-34858

Refereed by Rob Styles

Bolton are one of the best teams that I played this season and they could have won this game with there crisp passing and flair on the ball but in the end it was only some crap goalkeeping by Cudicini that let Bolton back into this game.

2-1 Win

Premiership Game 20

Birmingham City 0

W.B.A 4

Holm 3, 40 Navidkia 59 Clarke 81

Man of the Match: Haestead 9/10 W.B.A

Sent Off: Gardner 32 Birmingham City

Attendance-36970

Refereed by Neale Barry

Has to be said WBA are a lot better team with Chris Morris at the helm so this game was never going to be easy. Holm scoring from the first highlight and then Gardner getting sent off icon_frown.gif which in effort ended the game for me.

4-0 Defeat

Premiership Game 21

Blackburn 0

Birmingham City 2

Forssell 81 D'Alessandro 85

Man of the Match: Basturk 10/10 Birmingham

Attendance-31353

Refereed by Rob Styles

Rick Boult's high flying Blackburn Rovers was next up and I must admit Rick is doing a fine job for Blackburn with a limited budget. A close game but in the end Birmingham City class showed and we overrun Blackburn in the middle of the park.

2-0 Win

More to follow icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Premiership Game 13

Birmingham City 1

Petrov pen 57, 70

Arsenal 0

Attendance-36980

Refereed by Chris Foy

Always good to get any kind of result out of an Arsenal but game but this win was made all the better because we had Emerton sent off in the first half when the score was 0-0. 2-0 Win </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on Dan whats the excuse this time?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AsherDSSc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Premiership Game 13

Birmingham City 1

Petrov pen 57, 70

Arsenal 0

Attendance-36980

Refereed by Chris Foy

Always good to get any kind of result out of an Arsenal but game but this win was made all the better because we had Emerton sent off in the first half when the score was 0-0. 2-0 Win </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on Dan whats the excuse this time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only thing I can think of is that I'm a bit thick icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunga99:

A good all round display by my team and I could even afford to rest my 14 million pound man D'Alessandro at half time because Basturk was running the show in the middle of the park </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah Danny, you're fitting in well. How to write a good report point one:

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

eplbanner.gif

Just wanted to post a quick reminder to any players who are keen to get involved in a long term clan game that we currently have 2 positions to fill at the moment.

The game nights are Tues; Thurs; and Sundays from 7-11pm.

If you wish to get involved, open a new thread on our forum under Apply to EPL and leave a few details about yourself. The better the application, the more chance you have of getting selected.

Please go here to apply:

EPL Forums

Also please see our advert in the Clan Application thread here:

Clan Application Thread

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Niall.

everton.gif

Well there can only be one headline for me after this last session. Got to take the rough with the smooth at times and belive me, this was hugely embarrasing!! icon_frown.gif

Murphy scundered at Swindon as Everton suffer giant killing in the FA Cup 3rd Round

FA Cup 3rd Round

Swindon Town 3 - 2 Everton

Well there you have it, probably the worst result of my online career smacked me around the chops at a time when four seasons of trying to perfect my own tactics is finally paying dividends with a Championship Challenge against the might of Manchester United. After pulling Swindon out of the hat in the third round of the FA Cup, we were naturally ultra-confident of getting through to the next round without too many problems. As a result of playing European football this season, Murphy felt he was able to select a much weakened team to take on Swindon and still get the result.

However, our side still included the likes of De Jong, Boumsong, Valdo, Babic and Calaio so the loss here is totally inexcusable. The reason was a pathetic performance by the defence in general (a defence that is one of the best in the Premiership) but more importantly, the fact that when handed a first team opportunity, Kasper Schmeichel froze like a rabbit caught in the headlights of an articulated lorry burnin' down the highway. The young goalkeeper seems to play atrociously every time I give him a chance and as a result we were 2-0 down after 20 minutes as Swindon's grit and indeed flair play took me by complete surprise. After 25 minutes Schmeichel's humiliation was complete, substituted for regular number one Issakson.

Everton fought back and a Calaio double made it 2-2 with the second half barely underway. Everton wasted a number of chances and the game turned in the 90th minute when Valdo, the subject of admiring glances from Barcelona and Chelsea got straight through on a one on one with the keeper and blazed over the bar. Two minutes later, my heart was in my mouth as the Swindon attacker Houghton turned the legend that is Boumsong and fired a shot into the bottom corner, only after FM kicked me in the nads by lagging for 10 seconds with the ball heading towards the goal. 3-2 and we were out in what can only be described as a complete shocker of a performance.

Afterwards Murphy stated,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The FA Cup has shown today that it can still throw up shocks and remains the best cup competition in the world. The fans may question my team selection but I had little choice as key players are knackered. Swindon were fantastic but our team didn't have the grit and determination today for the fight. Our defending was woeful and young Kasper had a 'mare. The side we had out today should have won this game but if there is a bright side to this result, it means we have less fixtures now and can concentrate on challenging Man Utd for the title. This however, will never happen again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thankfully the Premiership campaign remained good despite this shock and Everton returned to winning ways after three consecutive defeats in the Premiership. First up was Sam Bouchard's Tottenham Hotspur and Bouchard has felt the pressure this season. In probably the tamest Spurs performance against Everton yet, the Toffees recorded a 2-0 win and Sam was later to finally get his P45 from Tottenham who have failed to live up to expectations this season. For Everton a very pleasing win after a run of defeats.

Next was a cruch tie away to Chelsea who had got themselves back into a challenging position in the league table. In a tremendous performance by my lads (a week before Swindon) Tomas Sivok gave us the lead early in the first half and despite a Chelsea onslaught, Everton stood firm in the second half and added further goals from a Akin Serhat double to put us 3-0 ahead at Stamford Bridge. Chelsea pulled one back late on but the damage was done and Everton's challenge was back on. The final league game was a visit to Middlesbrough who are a much better side at the Riverside than away from home. In a disciplined performance, Everton soaked up lots of pressure to hold out for a 0-0 draw in a surprisingly difficult game given Boro's league position, to keep us in second place right behind Man Utd.

Everton General News

After weeks of speculation surrounding the future of Spanish right winger Valdo (who was unhappy at the clubs refusal to sanction a £16.5m pounds move to Barcelona) the Everton winger was sold last night to Chelsea for a staggering £30m pounds up front icon_biggrin.gif an offer that was just too good to refuse. Valdo has been a brilliant player for us on the right side of midfield for the past season and a half and all Everton fans are sorry to see the Spaniard go. Murphy stated:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Our financial position has always been precarious and our success this season has come at a price of the club losing one million pounds a month just to compete at the top of the Premiership. The money we received from Valdo should allow me to add more quality to all areas of the team and I feel that in young Burzanovic we have a hot talent for the future as his displays this season have shown. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So with £35m burning a hole in my pocket Murphy last night broke the Everton transfer record, spending £12.25m pounds to land "le phenomene ghaneen" as he is known in France, 26 year old Michael Essien from Lyon - subject to work permit requirements. Essien is an AMC/R and looks to be the complete package, combining excellent attacking attributes with brilliant defensive ones as well. He will fill the void left by Valdo's departure and leave more funds available if the right player comes along.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm absolutely delighted with this signing and we hope Essien will contribute towards taking Everton to new uncharted levels. He has signed a 5 year deal to 2013 at £30K a week and will instantly command a place in the team. We hope and are sure he can fulfill all his ambitions at Goodison Park. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellente!! icon_biggrin.gif

skylogo_default.gif

So Long, Farewell, Auf Weidersehn, Goodbye

Late last night Tottenham Hotspur manager Sam Bouchard was shown the door after a 3 and a half years at the club. Dispite fantastic performances in past seasons, and after guiding Spurs into latter stages of European competitions and a League Cup final spot, Bouchard's place at the top of Tottenham's tree has come to an end.

Bouchard had this to say on the matter;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I went into the chairman's office this morning to hand in my letter of resignation. I've been spendin' most saturday's this year filling in for Tim Lovejoy on Soccer AM so i've not really had much of a chance to get to games you see. So i thought that i'd resign and leave my peace with the club that way. With three assistant managers at the club i can't see them being short of any direction, good luck to the next manager that's all i say! Anyway yeah, after sitting down with the chairman for a good 7 minutes, he suddenly told me that i was sacked! Now, i know i'm a smart man but please correct me if i'm wrong here...but if i resign....they can't sack me surely. Oh well, the fact still remains that i'm away from Spurs and Unemployed. I've had a fair few offers and i'm going to look into them over the next couple days. Lovejoy's back next month so i'll be able to leave pretty soon and get back to the world of Managing.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sam Bouchard seems pretty certain to get back into the game very soon as it's well documented that many chairman like his style of management and may well come forth with an offer. The bookies have produced Real Madrid, Arsenal and Chelsea as favourites for his next destination...we can only wait and see where this very humble manager goes to.

skylogo_default.gif

Speculation is rife regarding the vacant Tottenham Hotspur job. Although there are a number of foreign managers being linked with the job, three further high profile canidates include Murphy, Boult and King. Will either be the man to succeed the departing Sam Bouchard?

When questioned on the matter though Murphy was quick to deny any interest in the Spurs post stating he was happy at Everton and was committed to taking the Merseyside club a step further.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I got to say that Sam Bouchard could have been given more time by the Tottenham board. he brought Champions League football to White Hart Lane and reached the FA Cup final last season, only to lose to the biggest spending Manchester United team in decades. Ok, he's had it rough this season and Spurs are a shadow of the confident side that attacked with verve and flair in the past few seasons, but I am sure Bouchard won't be out of a job too long. As for me though, not interested. My money is on Boult or King. It's a great opportunity for both those managers if they are successful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

skylogo_default.gif

Boult Comments On Recent Speculation

With Sam Bouchard nothing but a manager without a cause these days, talented manager Rick Boult seems to be in the headlines every day. The current managers position at White Hart Lane is top of the list although the Villa and City job have also been offered to him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I've recieved to offers this season from Aston Villa and Manchester City. I rejected both offers instantly as i believed they were a step in the wrong direction. When Sam was released by Spurs i was instantly touted favourite to take his position and i felt that if the job is offered to myself, i'll take it. Bouchard has done wonders with the club and if it wasn't for his affection with Helen Chamberlain he may well still be there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

skylogo_default.gif

Upon hearing of Sam Bouchard's infatuation with Helen Chamberlain, Murphy was drawn to comment,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Aye she's a nice piece of ass but she's no Kirsty Gallagher who I'm planning on inviting down to Goodison for an "up close and personal" interview - if I could only get her to return my calls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

skylogo_default.gif

Boult would relish 'interviewing' Murphy

They may be rivals on the pitch, but off it it seems Blackburn Rovers manager Rick Boult has a soft spot for the current toffie boss Niall Murphy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I know we shake hands after enough but i feel this isn't enough. I feel there should be more physical contact between us human managers to show the love we have for each other </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fulham.gif

Season 3-The search for Mo

Season 3 started at Fulham with Mo having signed more players than you can count on 2 pair of hands (for the younger readers and Niall, that’s more than 20). Season 3 objectives were to avoid relegation and get some experience in coming back to football management.

Mo deployed quite a defensive tactic in season 3, 4-1-3-1-1 with everyone behind the ball to keep out the riff-raff. The theory behind this that if you make it very hard for opponent to score, you reduce your chances of losing icon_wink.gif. After a mixed start, Fulham started by winning the odd game, losing to most of the big boys in the EPL and drawing a few games.

Unfortunately an incident in late October would change the face of football at Craven cottage. Fulham were visiting under-pressure Pagi’s Bolton at the Reebok stadium in a clash of the lesser titans in the EPL. Bolton dominated the match with more shots on goal than Manchester United on a good day. Fulham held firm and had defenders flying in front of the Fulham goal to keep a clean sheet and escape with a point. Unfortunately the following events left Fulham in a completely different scenario:

(The start of the second is delayed by 5 minutes, as Pagi’s girlfriend gives Pagi some tactical tips)

Pagi: Sorry Mo, girlfriend bugging me.

(With nearly the match drawing to a close, 5 minutes on the clock left. An undisciplined Fulham player runs passed Bolton defence who were chatting to some spectators and signing autographs (Bolton’s defence did not have to do anything in the previous 85 minutes and they obviously got bored). The Fulham player went on to score a good individual goal. Everyone at the stadium was in shock: the Bolton spectators could not believe that they had not scored, the Fulham faithful (23 in total at the time) could not believe that they actually got a shot on goal and scored. Everyone was left dazed with their mouths open and the Bolton infirmary reported later during the day that they attended to a number of spectators in shock and that Fulham could face a high medical bill for causing such shock.)

Pagi: mo you bl**dy git

Mo: pagi, I have to apologise for that...I was after a draw. icon_redface.gif

pagi: Somebody call the cops daylight robbery at the Reebok

Mo-Fulham: Mo smiles at Pagi.

Pagi: I'm going now and I'm pi**ed off

Pagi: All your fault Mo

Pagi: pie

Mo assumed that Pagi at that moment went off to have a pie with his girlfriend and left the Reebok stadium with his players in stunned shock silence. Unfortunately Mo was not seen again for the rest of the season as reports came in that he had been kidnapped by Pagi’s Henchmen for what happened at the Reebok stadium. Other conspiracy theories include that Mo was kidnapped by Tiny Rowland to exact revenge on Mohammed Fayed, the Fulham owner.

When the Fulham manager went missing, Fayed said that he will appoint the assistant manager in charge of Fulham and see what develops in the future. Fortunately, the assistant manager had been briefed to play 11 men behind the ball and avoid relegation at all cost. The assistant manager followed these instructions to the letter and Fulham in turn have become infamous for the 0-0 results they grinded out.

Fulham went on to finish 14th within the EPL and thus ensure their survival within the EPL. Nobody knew where Mo was; Fayed was getting itchy fingers and was having thoughts of getting a new manager until a video tape appeared in a Sunday market in London. The video showed a smiling lady combing her long black hair in the mirror, an old well, a cliff edge and a robed figure whose face is hidden. The robed figure speaks……..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Yeah of little faith, I am the one. The one manager of Fulham. I cannot speak of where I am, but I promise you that I will return…….

I am pleased with my disciple who is managing Fulham in my absence. I was especially pleased with the 0-0 draws against Everton during the season. I can see from the final EPL table that one additional point would have put Everton in a position to qualify for the CL. Therefore I am very pleased that we hampered Everton and retained our premiership status.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems like that Mo will be returning.... angryfire.gif

skylogo_default.gif

Arsenal have completed the signing of Mikael Forssell from Birmingham City in a deal worth £27m.

Arsenal added to their star-studded line-up by finalising a deal for the transfer of Forssell from Birmingham City.

Forssell has signed a five-year contract which will tie him to Arsenal until 20 Jan 2013.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm excited to be joining a club as big as Arsenal. I feel this can only improve my career but off course I'm sad to be leaving Birmingham City and there manager Danny King who has guided me over the last 3 years and turned me into the superstar player that I am today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arsena Wenger said he was delighted to sign a player who he claimed last week would make Arsenal squad as strong as that which went the season unbeaten.

Liverpool had also wanted Forssell, who handed in a transfer request at St Andrews on Tuesday after rejecting a club-record contract offer from Birmingham City but could only come up with a 25 million offer for the young forward.

Ralph Gold, the Birmingham City chairman, met Arsenal chief executive David Dein for talks on Tuesday.

The big fee will be a boost to Birmingham City finances and will help reduce debts as Brum had been losing 2.5 million per month due to bringing in to many bosman signing at the start of the season.

But given the last-minute nature of the transfer, it is not clear whether the Birmingham City will be able to spend any of the cash, or bring in replacements for Forssell to improve their squad, before the transfer window closes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kndusr19:

Pagi: mo you bl**dy git

Mo: pagi, I have to apologise for that...I was after a draw. icon_redface.gif

pagi: Somebody call the cops daylight robbery at the Reebok

Mo-Fulham: Mo smiles at Pagi.

Pagi: I'm going now and I'm pi**ed off

Pagi: All your fault Mo

Pagi: pie

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems like that Mo will be returning.... angryfire.gif

Mo I have not forgiven you icon_mad.gif

The suspicious events of that day in question still live long in my memory and I want revenge, REVENGE for my untimely dismissal from the Reebok. Me and big John Carew are coming for you Mo. You just wait till I return to the Premiership Mo Fayed, Keevin Keegan, Chris Coleman your boys are gonna take one hell of a beating. icon_razz.gif

astonvilla.gif

Bouchard and Ellis Together Again!

Doug Ellis and Sam Bouchard have today been reunited after a managerial spot was filled by the ex-Spurs man. Ellis has a very big reputation for having a short fuse with his employee's, however seemed to strike up a decent piece of rapor with Bouchard the last time the two were in employment together. It was the lure of Manchester United that took Bouchard away from Villa Park last time, but Ellis holds no regrets about employing the young man from Essex, admiting that it was he that saved the club from relegation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I take a rather different aproach to being a Chairman in the Premier League than many of the others do. Perseverence seemes to be their key, but i dont think it is. I've waited around for managers to show the goods before and they havn't, i'm not going to do it anymore. This is why we've had god knows how many managers here over the pase few years.

Sam Bouchard came to Villa Park years ago, and was a success here, guiding Villa away from relegation to Division One....my days it must be a few years back...maybe even a different lifetime i dont know. We hit it off....which is something that i cant really say for many of the people here i've had but we really did. A very good manager will do what the chairman wants, and in due course the roles will be reversed. Bouchard did what i asked of him and i helped him on his move out of the club after doing so.

I'm very pleased he's decided to join us up here as were once again in a spot of bother. Financially were in a bit of a mess, and the club isn't making much money. I've seen what he did at Spurs, and it's a minor miracle to be honest. Getting rid of the rubbish, bringing in some top quality, and achieveing a very high league position with a club that's never finished higher than 7th in the Premier League.

Overall, i'm pleased with the appointment and will offer Mr Bouchard all he needs to take Aston Villa up to where they rightfully belong...at the top of the Premier League.

Doug Ellis

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bouchard was able to make one amendment to the squad before the window closed at the end of January, and that was the signing of Brazilian Roberto Carlos for just over £100,000k. He was criticised for purchasing elder players last time he was at Villa Park, but it got him out of trouble. I wonder if it can happen again this time, we shall wait and see.

Wednesday 30th January 2008 - FA Premier League

Aston Villa [2]: Vorisek(61), Ammendolea(76)

Crystal Palace [0]:

-=- Villa Info -=-

- A Great strike from Vorisek with the outside of his right boot in the second half proved to be a killer for strugglers Palace.

- Top Scorer Suazo was taken off on 53 minutes with a pulled hamstring and is expected to be away from the game for a few weeks.

- Bouchard's first win in this spell as Aston Villa boss ensured his side's 6th victory in a row, a new record for the club.

Saturday 2nd February 2008 - FA Premier League

Manchester City [1]: Boa Morte(3)

Aston Villa [3]: Romeo(16), Nolan(31), Ammendolea(45)

-=- Villa Info -=-

- An equalising goal for Romeo proved to be his first strike of the season where he hasn't appeared from the substitutes bench.

- Vorisek recieved the Man of the Match award after achieving 10/10 from Sky's Opta Index.

- Ammendolea is constantly linked with moves away from the club but insists his future lies within the confinds of Aston Villa Football Club.

Bouchard must be delighted with the start he's made after two vital wins which take Villa to within 6 points of 3rd place Chelsea.

Here's what he had to say;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm delighted with the start i've made here. Two vital wins and 6 vital points have taken us to within 6 more of 3rd place Chelsea. Bananarama! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

everton.gif

Murphy's bum is a squeakin'

To the horror of Mo Ilyas of Fulham, Everton topped the English Premier League with eleven games to play after opening up a three points lead over Manchester United. This was after the Sky Billed "Judgement Day" clash with Man Utd took place at Goodison Park with the blues coming out on top in a one sided encounter.

Before this though Everton's good run continued:

FA Barclaycard premiership

Everton 2 - 1 Birmingham

With Danny King in third place before the match we knew that he would be doing his utmost to get his vastly improved side into the title race with victory at Goodison Park. A tough match was expected and a tough match it was as both managers employed several tactical variations over the course of the match in an attempt to gain the upper hand. Everton's start was explosive as with only 1 minute on the clock, Vittek ripped through the Birmingham defence to square for Serhat who had acres of space to fire into net. Everton spured a few chances and Birmingham scored a nice equaliser after 37 minutes. A one two on the edge of the area between Basturk and Carter saw the Englishman shoot home to level the scores. However, on the stroke of half time Everton regained the lead when Burzanovic was crudely taken down by Cudicini as he was about to shoot. Sorriano stepped up and made no mistake with the penalty. In the second half, Danny moved to a 4-3-3 and almost caught us out with an equaliser until a few defensive readjustments saw Everton go on to complete a good win.

Charlton Athletic 0 - 3 Everton

Two goals from Serhat and one from Vittek settled a comprehensive win for Everton with Charlton looking doomed to the Championship and play Pagi next season. icon_wink.gif

Everton 2 - 0 Manchester United

This was the big one with both sides hoping to go three points clear at the top of the table. On the advice of police Richard Liggins did not travel to the game as his safety could not be guaranteed. On the night Everton dominated the game completely with United failing to offer any threat, but Rensing kept them in the game until Petrov scored a class goal on 89 minutes. The best time to score. icon_biggrin.gif Serhat rubbed further salt into United wounds with an 90th minute second.

Newcastle 1 - 0 Everton

Aargh. Well it is now squeaky bum time and at the first hurdle I let one go. We allowed United to catch us up after only a few days when the Geordies beat us at St James' Park with a nice finish from Zidan with only 13 minutes remaining. Newcastle gave us a very good game and with Keegan making some good buys (and Andy some poor sales icon_wink.gif ) they could soon be climbing high in the table.

In other brief news the FA, in their wisdom, decided not to give Essien a work permit after my beautiful announcement of his signing for the club. Had shown interest in buying Bierofka from Chelsea but wasn't convinced he was the man I wanted and consequently he will play for Aston Villa next season. No new signings have been made as Murphy bides his time to spend his plentiful cash in the market.

manutd.gif

Liggins steps down from United hotseat

After missing the past 2 months of the 2007/8 season, Manchester United and Richard Liggins have parted company by mutual consent, Liggins saying he hasn't got the time anymore to cope with life as a football manager. United fans are sorry to see him go.

birmingham.gif

Results..

Premiership Game 22

Birmingham City 2

Berbatov pen 19 Savage 40

Portsmouths 1

Kalou 76

Man of the Match: Basturk 9/10 Birmingham

Attendance-34570

Refereed by Chris Foy

Got to be happy getting the double over goat in a season. After the first season in EPL when Andy knew he was playing Birmingham City he used to say "oh good icon_smile.gif" but no more icon_wink.gif 2-0 Win

Premiership Game 23

Totenham 0

Birmingham City 1

Berbatov 23

Man of the Match: Petrov 8/10 Birmingham

Attendance-42988

Refereed by Adam Taylor

This was Sams last game in charge of Tottenham and I'm glad I could add another nail into his coffin. This is not the same Tottenham team as last season and we really could have scored five or six. 1-0 Win

FA Cup 3rd Rd

Birmingham City 3

Adu 23, 46 Eagles 64

Walsall 0

Man of the Match: Gasbarroni 9/10 Birmingham

Attendance-24937

Refereed by Scott Mattieson

Put the second team out against Walsall and the boys didn't disappoint with goals for Adu x2 and Eagles. 3-0 Win

Premiership Game 24

Birmingham City 1

D'Alessandro pen 75

Chelsea 2

Drogba 4, 41

Man of the Match: Drogba 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-36880

Refereed by Adam Taylor

I never seem to get any joy out of Chelsea and this game was no different as Cudicini had a nightmare between the sticks getting a 4. Drogba took his goals well but Cudicini should have easily have saved both and D'Alessandro gave us hope with a pen in the 75 min but Chelsea held on. 2-1 Defeat

FA Cup 4th Rd

Southampton 3

Mario 12 Zurawski 62 Best 90

Birmingham City 1

Carter 50

Man of the Match: Mario 9/10 Southampton

Attendance-32227

Refereed by Phil Crossley

Due to the retirement of Rob Steel, Southampton was out to impress there new manager and there job was made easily thanks to the donkey Cudicini in goal who had another nightmare. 3-1 Defeat

Premiership Game 25

Everton 2

Serhat 2 Soriano pen 45

Birmingham City 1

Carter 38

Man of the Match: Taylor 8/10 Birmingham

Attendance-40245

Refereed by Alan Wiley

This wasn't the best time to face Everton with both goalkeepers on very low morale and the rest of the team starting to suffer due to there mistakes. Everton get of to a great start with a goal within 2 min via Serhat and then Carter pulled us back into the game in 38 minute. Then with half time approaching Cudicini pulled down an Everton player for no reason with the ball going out of play and Soriano restored there lead. That’s was it Cudicini last game for our club and he was taken of at half time a replaced by Taylor who done well stopping a few good chance from Everton and when I went to 443 we could have nicked a point. 2-1 Defeat

Transfer In...

With that 27 million from the Forssell sale burning a hole in my pocket I had to dip into the transfer market and came very close to signing WBA goalkeeper Lobent. The transfer fee was agreed and the player had accepted a contact but the deal fell apart at the last minute due Chris Morris replacement keeper not getting a work permit.

Marizi Alberto From Bologna For 2.4 Million.

Young Italian goalkeeper who will walk straight into the first team after the F*** ups by Cudicini.

Luca Cigarini From Parma For 1.3 Million.

Another young Italian player who plays as a DMC. Hopefully one for the future but will be given the chance for first team football this season.

Premiership Game 26

Birmingham City 3

D'Alessandro pen 20 Berbatov 29 Emerton 82

Charlton 0

Man of the Match: D'Alessandro 9/10 Birmingham

Attendance-34333

Refereed by Andy Bridge

Well when you're on a bad run what better team to face than a team bottom of the league at home. Charlton was very poor this game and we could have scored more but in the end I settle for a win. 3-0 Win

Premiership Game 27

Man Utd 1

Ambrosini 44

Birmingham City 0

Man of the Match: Pedretti 9/10 Man Utd

Attendance-74106

Refereed by Rob Styles

Never easly against Manchester Utd but I feel a draw would have been a fair result but is wasn't to be. 1-0 Defeat

Manager View

I'm on a bit of a bad run at the moment but when you look at the league results I've only lost by a single goal to Everton, Manchester United and Chelsea so it looks a lot worse than it is. I'm hoping to keep up the league form to grab a Champion league place but with Sam landing on his feet at Aston Villa they could be a major threat in who gets into the champion league.

MiddleS.jpg

Middlesbrough have today announced that they have filled the managerial vacancy at the club.

They have appointed Ben Jackson on an initial contract until the end of the season with a view to extending that if the new manager produces good results at the club.

In his press conference, the new manager said that he was looking to make sure the club puts a few wins together to pull away from the relegation zone whilst he will also be evaluating the squad with a view to bringing in some players in the summer to strengthen the team for the push for at least a top half finish next season.

westbrom.gif

Baggies back to best!

After Chris Morris' long term unexplained absence from the Hawthorns, he's finally returned appauled at the state of the club he left in the top half of the premiership. Reaching the semi finals of the UEFA cup was an achievment he agreed, but that was last season and right now they look bloody awful. Bottom of the league, not a win to their name and everyones favourite to finally return to the Championship. Chris Morris took a long hard look at the task ahead of him and deceided it was worth a bash, after all he built this team and wasnt in the mood to see it crumble! But unfortunalty they lost lots of games and Morris got sacked. In an incrediable coincidence the new manager at the Hawthorns was named as Chris Morris II, apparently no relation to Morris.

So with Morris II's appointment came big changes:

OUT

Jan Kristiansen - £4.2m - left for Southampton on a £4.2m deal

Koumas and Albrechtsen both left for Serie A, joining Bologna and Parma respectively.

Dagoberto - £3.4m - the Brazillian had promised so much but delivered so little. Never justified his rediculous price tag. He'l probably get good now he's left

IN

Mtilliga, Patrick - Free - the left winger came in on a free, not particularly good, but a short term fix

Zokora, Didier Deguy- £4m - solid centre half who WBA have been chasing for a long time

Simpson, Josh - £1.6m - Proved himself in the Championship with Gillingham, whether he'l be a premiership success is another matter

Roberts, Daniel - £1.9m - Had to fight off Everton for the 17 year olds signature, the Welshman looks like he's going to be a star

Barreto, Edgar £2.6m - Good DM, looks a solid performer

Delgado, Cesar £6.25m - I have been on the look out for a good striker to partner Holm, and this man looks the bees knees.

Since Morris' sacking results have been mixed. West Brom have clambered out of the relegation zone thanks to some good wins, but are seeking a bit of consistancy.

A 2-1 away win at Liverpool seemed to be the turning point. Liverpool is becoming West Brom's favourite venue, with only one loss at Anfield in three years, and remaining undefeated at Everton.

This suberb result was followed by a defeat at Highbury. It took all of 30seconds for Reyes to put the ball in Lobont's net, only for WBA to claw their way back in and equalise through the Holm-boy. The game remained 1-1 for the majority of the first half, but Arsenal seemed to take control as they went 2-1 then 3-1 ahead. WBA replied quickley to make it 3-2, but were left exposed in a frantic last 10mins when Arsenal's counter attack was finished by Reyes to seal the points.

Finally Aston Villa came to visit with new man Sam Bouchard in the hot seat. West Brom started well, bombarding the Villa goal with shot after shot. When WBA were awarded a penalty everyone wondered who was going to hit it. Morris II had scrapped the penalty takers sheet, and had set a reminder on his phone to make a new one before the game. The phone malfunctioned and didnt go off leaving the players to decide amongst themselves. Several were still arguing about it when right-back Pospech stepped up and shot straight at the goalkeeper. Morris II cursed the phone and the match continued in the same way. Half time and the score remained 0-0. Although tempted to mix it up, West Brom were dominating and the gaffer assumed a break through wouldnt be far away. It only took another 10mins of frustration to throw on 19 year old striker Jamie Clarke and midfielder Limbersky. It was an inspired sub as Clarke got the winner with a superb strike late on. A deserved 1-0 win.

With WBA lying 4 points clear of the drop zone they certainly look on their way to safety. Hopefully next season they'l be back on track and competing for Europe. Hopefully

everton.gif

Down to the wire

With six league games to play Everton need to win their next game at home against arch rivals Liverpool, to move back to the top of the table on goal difference over Rafael Benitez's Manchester United. The Premiership couldn't be closer at this stage of the season, with Danny King's Birmingham City also challenging (despite their 10 Premiership defeats. icon_wink.gif) One of three teams will be victorious this season and hopefully Everton can hold their nerve and win the title. We also continue to compete in the UEFA Cup (one advantage Danny has over us) with United's European Cup dream on a knife edge in a two legged tie vs AC Milan.

UEFA Cup Progress

Easy wins were recorded over Sochaux and Sporting Lisbon, setting up an all English Quarter Final against new Middlesbrough manager Ben Jackson. In an enthralling match, Everton dominated the early stages with the Middlesbrough keeper Joe Lewis in outstanding form keeping the scores level. Then on 32 minutes the match turned with the dismissal of Igor Burzanovic reducing the Toffees' to ten men. Middlesbrough took advantage with a goal through substitute James Beattie on 36 minutes. After this Boro had the better of the game until Murphy introduced his subs Hysen, Babic and Ledesma. With time against us, a rocket from Kim Kallstrom in the 80th minute sent Goodison wild and our guest for the night, Rick Boult, dropped his Big Mac in admiration of a stunning piece of managerial match changing. icon_wink.gif In the final minute, the Boro defence went to sleep and Babic crossed low for Kallstrom to force home from two yards. So a tough tie in prospect at the Riverside as Jackson afterwards was delighted with his teams away goal. In the balance.

After defeat to Newcastle at St James' it was important to get back on track and the following week Leicester City were hammered 4-0 at Goodison Park. With United slipping up, Everton moved to the top of the table and fought out a 1-1 draw at Southampton, gamely coming from behind when Calaio headed home an excellent cross from Tobia Hysen. A 3-1 victory over Arsenal followed to keep us top before we headed down to Craven Cottage and a meeting with Mo Ilyas' Fulham.

Fulham 0 - 0 Everton

With Mo Ilyas looking to do irrepairable damage to the Everton title bid, Murphy was aware that Ilyas would have his boys gee'd up big time for his biggest match of the season. With Fulham's form gradually increasing due to Ilyas' ultra negative tactics of 5 men at the back (Geordie Graham eat yer heart out icon_wink.gif ), the Cottagers had only conceded one goal in their last seven outings. With this in mind, Murphy decided that a draw would be a good point here and picked a 4-5-1 formation, hoping to draw Ilyas out of his defensive shell and to go more attacking, giving Everton the chance to take advantage with our more potent firepower. However, Ilyas was not for budging and stuck ridigely to his system for the entire 90 minutes. Fulham did take the play to the Toffees but couldn't find a way through our well marshalled defence. Likewise, Everton struggled to create much of note, our best chance coming near the end when a fantastic run by Vittek saw him cross perfectly for Tobias Hysen to nod home, but on this occasion my Super Swede let me down, missing a relatively easy chance to win the game. All in all, both managers agreed this was a fair point.

Pressed on his teams chances for the title, Murphy stated

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> We are under no illusions that it will be tough but at the minute it is in our hands, just. We will be going for it but are pleased that we have achieved our ambition and more of reaching the Champions League next season. It is as important that we see off the threat of Birmingham for 2nd as winning the title. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sunderland.gif

Admin, but we still win win and win

Administration has recently plauged the club thanks to my observate management style. (I never realised we were in any debt at all until I got a news item stating the club had go into admin) I figured everything was fine as I still had 1m of my the transfer budget remaining. Obviously I was very wrong.

The excessive wage budget is the primary reason for the club's *****ly financial state, and I'll hold my hands up I'm partly to blame icon_smile.gif I've offered bit part squad members wages well over what there worth to the club and as a result 10 points have been deducted as part of the punishment.

Hopefully the club can rise past this and challenge for the Premier League.

Events on the pitch are still promising......

Sunderland 3-1 Blackpool

Carew, Carew, Carew The Norweigan giant stomped all over the seasiders in this match they just couldn't contain the big fella, all headers aswell not suprising really.

Reading 1-3 Sunderland

He's only gone and done it, look at his face, just look at his face. The second hat trick in 2 games this time Ellington banged them in, 2 headers and 1 close range tap in, EASY EASY EASY, U SHUT UP!.

QPR 1-1 Sunderland

This game was notable for Italian youngster Abbiati's first goal for the club, as the tricky front man dribbled past the aptly named Shittu, rt bury the chance. Gooooooooal Lazio

everton.gif

We Are The Champions My Friends!! Everton 2007-08

Remarkable scenes took place at Everton's home fortress of Goodison Park yesterday as the Merseyside club clinched their first league title since 1984 with a game to spare, completing a 2-0 victory over a stubborn and committed Bolton Wanderers outfit. Overjoyed Everton supporters, who have been denied success for so long before their Irish manager arrived in 2004 to re-invigorate the club from top to bottom, invaded the pitch in celebration as Robert Vittek crashed home the opening goal after 70 minutes, finally breaking stubborn resistance from the Bolton team whose goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen appeared to be on a one man mission to deny Everton their day in the sun.

After falling behind, Bolton tried their best to spoil the party for a now visibly nervous Everton side but in the final minute the title was sealed, and for Manchester United the game was up, when Everton's Player of the Year elect Martin Petrov went on a jinking run down the right flank. Leaving players in his wake, as he has done consistently all season patrolling Everton's left flank, Petrov, on this occasion on the right side of the park jinked inside and unleashed a trademark thunderbolt into the bottom corner.

The lifting of unbearable tension was something to behold. As the ball moved towards the net, Everton manager Niall Murphy's destiny - to be the first Irish manager to win the Premiership - was fulfilled in a style that his team has become synonymous with this season. Flair, workrate, determination and a "tight as a duck's arse" defence. icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Afterwards a clearly delighted Murphy clutched the Premiership trophy and barely audible over the commotion,

Niall, can you sum up your feelings at this moment?

It's just absolutely fantastic to know we are now the champions of England. It's a great feeling to have finally clinched the title after tense games in the run in. I have to pay credit to the lads in my squad who have been absolutely brilliant in the league this season and performed with remarkable consistency. To know we're the best side in the league is a fantastic feeling and I'm still getting used to it.

What do you think was the key to your success?

Well when I looked at the final table last season we were hugely disappointed to lose out on a Champions League place on the final day when we had been in the top four all season. However, when I looked at our record we picked up 33 points on the road but only 34 at home so I felt that if we could become much stronger at home we would have a chance of competing for the title. And to be fair to the lads we have done just that. 17 wins and to concede only 7 goals at home is fantastic and at the same time the away form held up, so yeah that was the key.

And the key men?

So many but in the main, the boys that came in in the summer to stiffen the defensive partnership of Yobo and Boumsong who have been outstanding. Andreas Isakkson has been immense in goal and Nigel De Jong and Kasper Bogelund have defended the flanks brilliantly. Must mention Kim Kallstrom who bagged 9 goals from midfield, Tomas Sivok who has protected the back four brilliantly and of course all my strikers who chipped in with vital goals. Petrov has been outstanding though and took us to a new level.

And the plans now?

Well let the winning feeling sink in please...However, yeah hopefully we'll be able to strengthen over the summer and to be taking part in the Champions League will be a new and difficult experience that I'm looking forward to. Obviously we'll be trying to defend our title but this League is not easy to win and we'll have to work hard to stay at the top.

Apart from the usual big sides, there are talented managers all around this championship who have ambition - at Villa, at Spurs, at WBA and even at Fulham. icon_wink.gif

King has turned Birmingham into a champions league team and Andy Nilsen's Portsmouth may yet surprise me and move up a notch. icon_razz.gif

Basically we take nothing for granted, next year it could be someone else celebrating.

Ok now that's my wind up the rest of the lads out of the way. icon_wink.gif

The title was won with a lot of nervous games where Everton kept their nerve to win the league by 2 points, though with a game to spare in the end. In some we had some luck, none more so than against Liverpool at home when a brutal derby took place that saw both sides end the game with 10 men and 12 bookings handed out - with Rob Styles nowhere in sight...A penalty conversion from Kallstrom won us this game, with Jenas thumping the post for Liverpool and Joseph Yobo making an amazing last ditch tackle to catch the through on goal and normally lethal Olic.

After this, we won 2-0 at Aston Villa in another game where I just felt our name may be on the trophy. This was summed up when Kevin Nolan (who has scored about five times with long rangers against me) fired off one of his thundershots. In other seasons they went in, this year it thudded off the post. Then we had relatively easy games against City, Bolton and Palace and we held firm to pick up the maximum nine points to see the job through.

We rounded off the season visiting Chris Morris' WBA as champions already which was a relief as Chris (as he likes to remind me AFTER every game icon_wink.gif) has a knack of getting a result a against me. The game finished 1-1 when WBA scored a late equaliser on 88 minutes to jam a point out of a game Everton should have put to bed much earlier. However, nice to come through the first test playing as champions without a loss. Chris is another EPL "big head" waiting to hit the surface and surely next season we'll finally see him deliver on his obvious potential and be up the right end of the table this time. icon_razz.gif

In the UEFA cup we bowed out in the Quarter Finals as Ben Jackson's Middlesbrough won an early penalty in the game to win 1-0 and go through on away goals after a 2-2 aggregate score. Despite some questionable decisions from the referees in both legs, Jackson side performed admirably and clearly we could potentially be looking at a re-awakened Middlesbrough in the North East.

So well done to all the lads in EPL Challenge for another entertaining season. Roll on 2008/09 as the battle will be even hotter, of that I have no doubt. icon_smile.gif

birmingham.gif

As you can see from the post above its a Sad, Sad day from EPL and football in general as Everton some how won the premiership with some of the luckiest results in the history of football icon_wink.gif

All I can say is there must have been a lot of brown paper bags passed on to referee's from those men in black suits from Goodison park. Well enough about that lucky Mr Murphy I know you all want to find out how Birmingham City faired in the closing stages of the season and being a person who doesn't like to disappoint here are the results..

Premiership Game 28

Middlesbrough 4

Charisteas 8, 34 Jihai pen 64 Bettie 75

Birmingham City 0

Man of the Match: Charisteas 10/10 Middlesbrough

Attendance-40286

Refereed by Neale Barry

Thanks to Rob Bloody Styles new manager Ben Jackson couldn't have asked for an better start to life in EPL as in the game before Styles had handed out 8 yellow cards to my team. Anelka, Bertatou and Basturk had all reached there yellow card limit so was banned for the trip to the Riverside Stadium. Add to this that my new keeper having a bit of a nightmare on the day Jackson got off to flyer with goals from Charisteas x2 Jihai and Beattie. 4-0 Defeat

Premiership Game 29

Birmingham City 4

Anelka 12 D'Alessandro 31, 71 Eagles 90

Newcastle 0

Man of the Match: D'Alessandro 10/10 Birmingham

Attendance-34283

Refereed by Andy Bridge

This was a better day for my team with all the lads back from there ban they tore into Newcastle and was well worth the win. This had some of the best one two passing that I have seen since I have been manager of Birmingham City and with so fine goals from Anelka, D'Alessandro x2 and Eagles. 4-0 Win

Premiership Game 30

Leicester 0

Birmingham City 4

Bertatou 11 Basturk 20 D'Alessandro 48 Anelka 51

Attendance-32485

Refereed by Graham Poll

Another 4 goals scored by the Brum against Leicester and my guys are starting to fly just at the right time in the season to keep up that place for a European spot. Goals from Bertatou, Basturk, D'Alessandro and Anelka sealed the game for us.

4-0 Win

Premiership Game 31

Birmingham City 5

Esposito 2 Anelka 9 Emerton 29 Berbatov 63, 84

Southampton 0

Man of the Match: Esposito 10/10 Birmingham

Attendance-36990

Refereed by Mark Halsey

What's better than scoring 4 goals in a game yes you got it scoring 5. Things are really looking good for Birmingham City in the hunt for a European place and maybe even a Champion league place for my team. Goals from Esposito, Anelka, Emerton, Berbatov x2. 5-0 Win

Premiership Game 32

Arsenal 0

Birmingham City 1

Emerton 14

Man of the Match: Esposito 9/10 Birmingham

Attendance-58598

Refereed by Chris Foy

A tight game but I was more than happy getting the double over Arsenal as I've found it hard over the season's getting any kind of result against the big boys. Brett Emerton sealed the win with a strike from outside the box to seal the win.

1-0 Win

Manager of the Month

Yes after the good run of results the Premiership awarded me the manager of the month icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Premiership Game 33

Birmingham City 3

Veron og 33 Basturk 43 Berbatov 70

Fulham 0

Attendance-34685

Refereed by Steve Dunn

Always hard to get a goal against Mo team and even harder to get a result but where Niall Murphy Everton failed the week before the mighty Brum found away past the Fulham defence with 3 well taken goals. Got lucky with the first one as the ball hit Veron on the way into goal and the keeper didn't stand much of a chance. Basturk and Berbatov finished off Fulham with a goal each. 3-0 Win

Premiership Game 34

Liverpool 1

Garcia 3

Birmingham City 0

Man of the Match: Esposito 9/10 Birmingham

Attendance-60982

Refereed by Barry Knight

Liverpool hit us early on via Garcia within 3 minutes but my team was well worth at least a point and maybe all 3 but some games you just don't get any luck and it brought my good run to an end. 1-0 Defeat

Premiership Game 35

Birmingham City 1

Petrov 20

Aston Villa 1

Nolan 19

Man of the Match: Taylor 10/10 Aston Villa

Attendance-36989

Refereed by Mike Riley

Another game maybe I should have won and no doubt had Sam been managing Villa then all 3 points would have been mine icon_wink.gif but instead he left it to his ass manager while he done his course work. Nolan got a goal via a free kick that shouldn't have even been given and 1 minute later Petrov scored a wonder goal from 30 yards out with a wicked curling shot. 1-1 Draw

Premiership Game 36

C.Palace 0

Birmingham City 2

Hodson og 51 Eagles 74

Man of the Match: Esposito 8/10 Birmingham

Attendance-26384

Refereed by Matt Messias

Good to get a win after two games without one. We could have scored more but in the end I was more than happy with the result. 2-0 Win

Premiership Game 37

Birmingham City 0

Man City 0

Man of the Match: Madouni 8/10 Man City

Attendance-36972

Refereed by Adam Hudson

Again another robbing took place here but this time it was the ref fault for ruling out a prefect good goal from Dawson after he scored a sweet header from a corner. We still had a lot more chance's but we came up against a brick wall in there goal keeper. 0-0 Draw

Premiership Game 38

Bolton 2

Pia 28, 74

Birmingham City 4

Berbatov 10, 34 Cigarini 45 Anelka 90

Sent off: Esposito 34 Birmingham

Man of the Match: Berbatov 10/10 Birmingham

Attendance-27459

Refereed by Adam Hudson

A good way to finish of the season apart from Esposito getting sent off. Also pleased with Cigarini getting his first goal for the club in his DMC role and he is looking like a good buy for the future. Was well worth the win and I would say we seemed to play better when we went down to 10 men. 4-2 Win

Manager View

Well Champions league football next year at St Andrews if we can get past the 1st knock out rd before the group stages knowing my luck I'm bound to draw a team like Inter, Roma or Barcelona. In all it has been a great season for Birmingham City in the league but we really didn't get a good cup run that we wanted or needed. The Finances are in a good state after the sale of Forssell in January for 27 million but we do have cut the wage bill because as we are still losing a lot of money each month. With that in mind some players are leaving on a free transfer and these are:

*Robbie Savage To Charlton on a Free

Been a great player for me over the last few season’s but his legs are starting to give way and he was on 25k per week so we offered him out to some clubs and Charlton took up the option.

*Chris Riggot To Southamptom on a Free

Again another good player for me over the years but can no longer get into the team now that Dawson and Davenport are playing so well together.

*Maik Taylor To Crystal Palace on a Free

Reaching the end of his career and needs first team football that I could no longer offer him so I left him leave to Palace on a free.

More to follow soon icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

And the key men?

So many but in the main, the boys that came in in the summer to stiffen the defensive partnership of Yobo and Boumsong who have been outstanding. Andreas Isakkson has been immense in goal and Nigel De Jong and Kasper Bogelund have defended the flanks brilliantly. Must mention Kim Kallstrom who bagged 9 goals from midfield, Tomas Sivok who has protected the back four brilliantly and of course all my strikers who chipped in with vital goals. Petrov has been outstanding though and took us to a new level.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we all know who the key man really was and no it wasnt an Everton player it was none other than saja!! who cost Pompey the title handing it to the bores of EPL, Everton icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goat261:

we all know who the key man really was and no it wasnt an Everton player it was none other than saja!! who cost Pompey the title handing it to the bores of EPL, Everton icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is this mid-table upstart?. icon_wink.gif

Archived