EPL Challenge (The Ultimate Premier League Experience) FM2005 [*Established Clan*]

birmingham.gif

Results...

Uefa Champions League Qual.3 First Leg

Birmingham City 3

Adu 19 Anelka 27 pen 34

G.A.K 0

Man of the Match: Anelka 9/10 Birmingham

Attendance-31959

Refereed by Carlos Megia Davila

No Berbatov (injured) and Ammendolea (Olympics) for this match so Anelka got a chance to show me that he still has a future at the club and he didn't disappoint. Looking good for making the champions league. 3-0 Win

Premiership Game 1

Birmingham City 1

Petrov 38

Q.P.R 1

Holenak

Man of the Match: Anelka 8/10 Birmingham

Attendance-32347

Refereed by David Lynch

No Berbatov (injured), Ammendolea (Olympics) and Adu (injured) so again went with new boy Fernandez and Anelka up front and with most of the play in the first half we looked good for the 1-0 lead after the a good goal from Petrov. Second half more of the same but we couldn't get that second goal and QPR came back into the game thanks to Holenak. This is a game we really should have won and the bad news was Anelka got injured. 1-1 Draw

Premiership Game 2

Man Utd 2

Tuncay 26 Eto'o 78

Birmingham City 0

Man of the Match: Dede 9/10 Man Utd

Attendance-71737

Refereed by Mark Halsey

No Berbatov (injured), Ammendolea (Olympics), Adu (injured) and Anelka (injured) so I went with Fernandez and moved Esposito up from midfield into attack. Playing Man Utd at the best of time’s is hard but when you missing all your best forwards you haven't got a chance. To make matters worse Esposito went off after only 18 minutes and will no other forward on the bench due to them all being injured or away I had to play one up front. 2-0 Defeat and well beaten.

Uefa Champions League Qual.3 Second Leg

G.A.K 2

Berger 47 Wartinger 73

Birmingham City 2

Esposito 24 Petrov 45

Man of the Match: Berger 8/10 G.A.K

Attendance-15150

Refereed by Roelof Luinge

No Berbatov (injured), Ammendolea (Olympics), Adu (injured) and Anelka (injured). After the 3-0 win in the first leg I rested some players where I could and lucky Esposito made a return to the team after getting carried off in the first half against Man Utd. Didn't played that well and lucky for us Lobont was in awesome form making a few vital saves but we somehow found ourselves 2-0 up at half time. Made all 3 subs and G.A.K came back into the game and scored 2 good goals.

2-2 Draw

The draw hasn't been kind to Birmingham City as we have been drawn in a group with:

Barcelona icon_frown.gif

Porto icon_frown.gif

Werder Bremen icon_frown.gif

Premiership Game 3

Wolves 1

Ormerod 24

Birmingham City 3

Fernandez 18 Anelka 70 Basturk 77

Man of the Match: Huddlestone 8/10 Birmingham

Attendance-28650

Refereed by Mark Clattenburg

No Berbatov (injured), Ammendolea (Olympics) and Adu (injured) but all being well the Olympics they would be back the following day and Ammendolea would be able to play his first game for us icon_smile.gif. To the game and I was happy to get our first premiership win for this season behind us. Anelka returned and played well up front scoring one and setting up two goals for Fernandez and Basturk. Only down side was Ormerod somehow found a way past Lobont to get a goal. 3-1 Win

Special note

I would like to say well done to Cigarini and Ammendolea for Winning gold at the Olympics and Ammendolea scoring a goal in the final for a 2-0 win for Italy.

Premiership Game 4

Birmingham City 1

Cigarini 66

Tottenham 0

Guarin sent off 21 min Tottenham

Man of the Match: Pander 10/10 Birmingham

Attendance-39120

Refereed by Matt Messias

The man is back, the man is back. Yes the main man in back from the Olympics icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif and what a time to have him back against undefeated Tottenham who up to this game had won every premiership game. The game was made easier for Birmingham City with the sending off of Guarin but Tottenham was still the better team and if wasn't for Lobont they would have had the lead at half time. Second half I moved Basturk into midfield from his AMC position because even with 10 men Tottenham was still over running us in the middle of the park. Cigarini scored a 30 yard effort of the post to give us the win in the end but Tottenham was the better team in the match and had the best chances to score but for the awesome form of Lobont. After this game I said Tottenham would end the season as champions and I still stick to that verdict. 1-0 Win

Premiership Game 5

Birmingham City 5

Ammendolea 18 Esposito 33 Berbatov 45 Anelka 68 Basturk 90

Newcastle 1

Taylor 6

Man of the Match: Ammendolea 9/10 Birmingham

Attendance-36857

Refereed by Peter Walton

My best win of the season and scoring five goals past a good Newcastle team was a great result. Ammendolea is really starting to find his feet with a goal and the man of the match award to boot. Things are starting to look up for Birmingham City but the season is still early. 5-1 Win

Champions League Group Stage

Birmingham City 5

Berbatov 10, 35 Esposito 42, 58 Ammendolea 72

Werder Bremen 1

Moller 44

Man of the Match: Esposito 10/10 Birmingham

Attendance-35427

Refereed by Pierluigi Collina

My first game in the champion’s league and what a game it was with us scoring 5 past Werder with some great one touch football. Berbatov, Esposito getting two a piece and Ammendolea

Premiership Game 6

Southampton 1

Dinjar 60

Birmingham City 2

Berbatov 40 Gasbarroni 71

Man of the Match: Basturk 10/10 Birmingham

Attendance-32218

Refereed by Stev Dunn

A game against fellow member David Williams my old mate from FM Fanatics. I had a good record against Dave and with him missing from the session this was a good win for us as it was an even match. I'm sure David will be able to turn Southampton around given enough time and he is a top top player. 2-1 Win

More to follow icon_wink.gif

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shield_southampton.gif

TRANSFERS IN

01.07.2008 Chris Riggot - b/ham - free

pre-arranged transfer with previous manager, this ex-Derby youngster has risen steadily through the ranks of the Premiership to become a fair 1st team player not as quick as some, but good bravery, positioning and balance helps form the basis of this solid defender

01.07.2008 James Milner - Newcastle - 5.75mil

Another Premiership youngster come good, again another transfer made by the previous manager. Excellent technical ability with good decision making and first touch gives this winger the potential to go a long way.

01.07.2008 Guy Demel - Pontevedra - 675k

After a short stint with the Saints during 04/05 and then Man City, this is Demels 3rd and possibly final crack at the Premiership, great defensive stats but lacking determination, this signing could easily prove to be a bad 1.

01.07.2008 Marco Cassetti - Pompey - 1mil

1st of the Pomey trio brought in through the summer, bought due to lack of cover for the wing backs, nothing special but a proven premiership performer.

01.07.2008 Shunsuke Nakamura - Pompey - 500k

Bought for his creativity and marketing potential this 30yr old came in at a bargain, and should bolster the merchandising in the Far East

01.07.2008 Marko Dinjar - Sporting - 3.6m

By far my best signing so-far, Dinjar is a 22yr old Croatian midfielder in the mould of a young Veron, bags of creativity, great with the ball at his feet, the boy can shoot, cross, & passalong with the best of them, lacking slightly in the physical side of things though.

23.07.2008 Alexander Frei - Everton - 1M

The former Rennes goal machine has been finding it hard to get regualr 1st team football since comming to the Premiership, will be given a fair run of games to try to prove himself here at St Mary's.

25.07.2008 Maurizio Bonaccio - Pompey - 1M

All the makings of a great striker if not for his lack of pace deadly from inside and outside the 18yd box.

On reflection maybe i could have used the 11M afforded to me more wisely but with little knowledge of prior seasons due to a brain heomorage, not a bad start to life as .......

captureD1.jpg

southampton.gif

Early Form

09.08.2008 Baggies @ St Mary's

Due to a certain CL Semi Final scouting mission I was unable to attend, Sammy Lee took over and made a right Pigs Ear of things, enough said

13.08.2008 Blackburn Away 2-0

A John Stead double (8,73) saw the Ewood Park faithfull apeased, good performances from Dinjar and Niemi were all we brought back.

16.08.2008 'Boro @ St Mary's 1-2

A poor 1st half saw little infront of goal. The 2nd brought a little better performance from both teams, Beattie (50) claiming the 1st, until newboy Frei got off the mark (67) only for Boro toi snatch the victory with Hundebell (86) all in all a fair victory

20.08.2008 Pompey away 4-1

A sudden bout of temporary Mental Illness came over the whole squad minutes before kick off, with no time to re-organise the team, I let the lads out of their straight jackets to give it theyre all.

Goals from Mascherano, Villa and a Kalou double saw Pompey take the Derby win with little opposition bar a Bonnaccio goal on the halk time whistle. Weak performance, outshined by our south coast rivals

All in all a terrible start to the season, lets just hope D-Ream were right.

middlesborough.gif

23rd August 2008

Coventry 0

Middlesboro 1

George Boateng 75

6th September 2008

Middlesboro 1

Morrison 12

Leicester 0

Carling Cup 2nd Round

16th September 2008

Man City 1

Chamakh 12

Middlesboro 2

Morrison 3, Robert 21

20st September 2008

Middlesboro 0

Aston Villa 2

Parkin 1, Johansson 15

27th September 2008

Everton 4

Gilardino pen 21, 30 Serhat 60 Kallstrom 75

Middlesboro 3

Matusovic 9, Svensson 48, Sullivan 81

1st October 2008

Middlesboro 0

Arsenal 3

Henry 11, Chevanton 46, 90

15th October 2008

Chelsea 4

Drogba 32, 34 Rosicky 40 Tiago 42

Middlesboro 0

18th October 2008

Middlesboro 0

Blackburn 1

Veenegoor 20

Carling Cup 3rd Round

22nd October 2008

Middlesboro 2

Svensson 14, Beattie 36

Everton 1

Fabregas 88

25th October 2008

Middlesboro 0

Man Utd 0

29th October 2008

West Brom 0

Middlesboro 4

Beattie 2, 61 Laursen 18, 90

1st November 2008

Portsmouth 3

Pazzini 14, Kalou 53, Villa 82

Middlesboro 2

Svensson 3, Kehl 75

Carling Cup 4th Round

5th November 2008

Chelsea1 1

Drogba 84

Middlesboro 0

15th November 2008

Middlesboro 0

Fulham 0

22nd November 2008

QPR 3

Rook 2, Nemeth 10, 54

Middlesboro 2

Hanke 63, 90

29th November 2008

Middlesboro 1

Hanke 11

Birmingham 3

Petrov 1, 23 Basturk 21

RECORD

Played - 15

Won - 5

Drew - 1

Lost - 9

Goals For - 18

Goals Against - 25

After the great start to the season and things looking good at the Riverside, the old problems returned as

we continually thros away games with our opponents walking right through our defence with them offering little

resistance.

The most annoying thing is that when the whole team plays well then the results happen as shown by the 4-0

win over Chris's WBA in the league and the 2-1 win over Niall's Everton in the Carling Cup 2nd Round. Our

problems are shown in the 4-3 loss to Niall's Everton in the league and the 3-2 loss to Andy's Pompey team in

the league as well with our defence laying down and dieing.

Along with the board, we have agreed that the defence needs serious attention ASAP and I will be looking to

bring in some defensive quality in the January transfer window to see if we can tighten up defensively which

will hopefully turn round our current form as we'll never win matches if we can't stop the opposing team scoring more than we do.

I was hoping for a mid-table finish but if we don't sort it out quickly, then it'll be a relegation dog-fight

for us which would not bode well for the rest of the season.

If you look at the properties of goats pic, it resides on a site called "tiny pic.com" which I thought was mildly amusing. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway after that 11 hour maraton yesterday, I'm going to give FM a miss tonight and do something else. Sorry.

Also I'd like to do Monday, Thursday and Sunday this week if possible cos Man U vs Chelsea is on TV on Tuesday. Let me know if you want the Monday one or not.

Laters icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EmmYouEffSee:

Any chance of a t+t? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wouldnt mind one either

everton.gif

Defensive problems haunt the Toffees but the corner looks to have been turned

Few games to update after the last session. Mainly the team has been playing well going forward but has had a nightmare at the back which was so strong last season. Obviously conceding too many goals means it's difficult to win games but we have managed to hang in there by only losing two and appear to be back on the right track having gone on a recent winning run.

A few results:

Carling Cup 3rd Round

Middlesbrough 2 - 1 Everton

After dominating the early exchanges against Ben's Middlesbrough, our defensive problems came back to haunt us as we let the Boro move into a two goal lead due to poor defending. A late goal from Cesc Fabregas gave Ben a few nervous moments but all in all, disappointed once again with the defending in what was a good performance by the team. Not too disappointed to exit the Carling Cup early.

European Champions League

We got a relatively easy group in the Champions League up against Loko, Basel and Valencia. As expected Loko were beaten twice we recorded a 3-1 win over the Swiss side away from home. A 2-2 draw at home to Valencia where again bad defending saw us lose a two goal lead was followed by a narrow 1-0 loss in the Mestalla against the Spanish runners up. So with 10 points we are joint top with the Spaniards in the group but require at least a point at home against Basel to secure a spot in the last 16.

FA Barclaycard Premiership

Blackburn Rovers 0 - 0 Everton

At this stage Blackburn were riding high in 3rd place in the table and this was a very difficult game at Ewood with Everton soaking up a lot of pressure. In a rare excellent defensive performance we earned a good point here.

QPR 0 - 0 Everton

Not much to say expect this was a poor poor result.

Everton 4 - 3 Middlesbrough

Took revenge on Ben for our Carling Cup defeat with this win. Both managers have been bemoaning their defending this season and this game summed up both managers season. Despite Boro taking an early lead, Everton came back to lead 2-1 before Boro made it 2-2 in the second half. Everton upped their game and went 4-2 in front but yet again let an opponent into the game by conceding a third goal. Pleased to win the match but clearly we are still too brittle at the back.

Portsmouth 4 - 3 Everton

Well Andy Nilsen has taken advantage of having no European football at all this season and is flying in the Premiership looking a good bet for the title after only 18 games. In this game all our problems were evident as an excellent performance from Akin Serhat saw the Turkish international grab a clinical hat trick, to put the Toffees 3-0 up after only half an hour, leaving Murphy wondering what all the fuss was about Pompey this season. However, a Mavuba goal before half time gave Pompey an opening and the south coast team put in an excellent second half performance to turn the game around and complete a good comeback. Of course, practically all Pompey's goals were long shots which my keeper would have saved easily last season but Isaksson has had a poor campaign this term and I have paid dearly for it here again. Saw enough to be confident that we will gain revenge when Nilsen visits Goodison as he was one lucky manager to come away with the win here.

Liverpool 4 - 4 Everton

Again indicative of the atrocious defending, Everton were 4-1 up at Anfield only to see the Liverpool Reds come back to draw 4-4. No matter what I have done to see games out it has proved impossible to have any control over what is going on at the back. Significantly shortly after this result, Isaksson's form began to pick up and Murphy dropped Yobo and Boumsong replacing them with a new pairing of 20 year old German U21 international Werner Wolf and Alex.

Everton 2 - 0 Birmingham

Before the game Murphy stated to the press that Danny King would never have a better opportunity to break his duck at Goodison Park. The reverse psychology seemed to do the trick as my players reacted with one of their best performances of the season to maintain our excellent home record over Birmingham. Again an explosive start was made to the game as Serhat grabbed the opener after only two minutes. Once we added a second the game was over with Birmingham not looking on the day as if they would make inroads into the Everton defence. A comfortable win which in turn kicked off a winning run.

Everton 1 - 0 Tottenham

New right sided signing Alan Hutton, bought from Rangers for £2.9m just before the deadline as Grygera departed for pastures new won us this game by connecting to a corner with a lovely header. Tottenham played well on the day and maybe would have equalised had Boult been at the helm for the game but as it was Everton saw the game out to take our best three points of the season against a top team.

Wolves 1 - 3 Everton

Things looking good again as Wolves put to the sword easily despite a late goal from the midland outfit ruining the clean sheet.

Everton 6 - 0 Newcastle

The Premiership forced to sit up and take notice that Everton look like they are back. A complete demolition of the Geordies and Murphy feeling good again.

Southampton 1 - 2 Everton

New manager Dave Williams feels the wrath of an Everton side on the up. The Toffees lead 1-0 for much of the match until the Saints looked like they would nick a point by equalising in the dying minutes. Despite this setback, Serhat ran in a few minutes later to fire in the winning goal.

So despite a difficult campaign so far, all we need to do is win our game in hand (against Mo's Fulham so that won't be easy) to bring us only 3 points behind Tottenham in 3rd place. With the entire defence having had a mare so far, I consider the fact we have only lost twice (both times when we scored 3 ourselves away from home) to be a pretty good achievement. This season has also seen us face many more injury problems than before but with a good run behind us now in the league we need to keep winning if we have any chance of regaining ground on Portsmouth and Arsenal. It maybe too late now to retain the title but stranger things have happened and Nilsen has yet to prove he has the capability of winning trophies so the big head may yet find his season collapses. God I hope so. icon_biggrin.gif

A win over Basel will put us into the last 16 in the European Cup where it becomes a cup competition so you can be lucky or unlucky here, but lets make sure we get past Basel first.

birmingham.gif

Results…

Premiership Game 7

Birmingham City 0

Bolton 0

Man of the Match: Jaaskelainen 10/10 Bolton

Attendance-37422

Refereed by Adam Hudson

Well the goal keeper getting the man of the match award tells the story as we were all over Bolton but didn’t get any luck in beating there keeper on the day. 0-0 Draw

Porto 1

Alemieda 38

Birmingham City 0

Man of the Match: Basturk 9/10 Birmingham City

Sent off: Duffy 88 min Birmingham City

Attendance-40286

Refereed by Neale Barry

Beaten by a good counter attack from Porto but this just wasn’t Birmingham City day as all our shot failed to even trouble the keeper and Duffy getting sent off in the last few minutes to add to our problems. 1-0 Defeat

Premiership Game 8

Coventry 3

Douglas 2 McSheffrey 70 Knight 90

Birmingham City 5

Emerton 4Bertatov 5, 45 Ammendolea 14 Anelka 87

Man of the Match: Berbatov 10/10 Birmingham

Attendance-31967

Refereed by Graham Poll

What the hell is going on when Coventry can score 3 past me but on the good side we did manage to score 5 with some lethal finishing from my team. 5-3 Win

Premiership Game 9

Birmingham City 1

Fernandez 84

Leicester 0

Man of the Match: Ammendolea 8/10 Birmingham

Attendance-39740

Refereed by Mike Riley

The final score line of 1-0 didn’t show the full picture as we could have had 4 or 5 with our play but in the end the finishing was poor from my guys. 1-0 Win

Barcelona 3

Navas 8, 52 Gabri pen 41

Birmingham City 1

Ammendolea 30

Man of the Match: Navas 9/10 Barcelona

Attendance-62521

Refereed by Jorg Kebier

Always going to be a hard game but in the first half we held our own and even looked like going in at half time with the lead but the penalty in the 41st Minute changed the game and my boys lost there morale. 3-1 Defeat

Premiership Game 10

Birmingham City 1

Berbatov 1

Aston Villa 1

Vorisek 63

Man of the Match: Sorenson 9/10 Aston Villa

Attendance-39978

Refereed by David Lynch

Birmingham City had enough chances in the first half to kill this game off but after a great start scoring in the first minute Villa came back into the game in the second half with a goal from Vorisek. 1-1 Draw

Premiership Game 11

Palace 1

Davies 23

Birmingham City 3

Anelka 8, 43 Fernandez 27

Man of the Match: Marzi 9/10 Birmingham

Attendance-26322

Refereed by Paul Ford

A good win from my boys with Anelka showing me why he should be in the first team line up instead of Ammendolea with two well taken goals and Fernandez starting to show me he has an eye for goal as well. 3-1 Win

Premiership Game 12

Everton 2

Serhat 3 Gozale 41

Birmingham City 0

Man of the Match: Gonzale 10/10 Everton

Attendance-40236

Refereed by Mark Halsey

The worst performance off the season too date with once again Mr. Lucky getting it all his own way. Not sure if it was the early goal that knocked my teams morale or the usual mind games before the match from Mr. Lucky but my team just didn’t turn up and Everton was good for there win. 2-0 Defeat[/b

More to follow soon icon_wink.gif

everton.gif

Everton breaking records but only make a two point inroad in the title race icon_frown.gif

The corner has definitely been turned as Everton boys prove the old adage that Champions don't give up without a fight. Ultimately our poor start to the season has cost us dearly so far but 9 Premiership wins on the trot have lifted the Toffess from mid-table to 3rd. Unfortunately, Nilsen's Portsmouth also keep on winning and are proving hard to catch but Murphy is encouraged that they have yet to hit their inevitable dodgy patch. The only question is, how many games can Everton win from their last 16 fixtures to close the 11 point gap?

FA Barclaycard Premiership

Everton 1 - 0 Bolton

Well this defeat for Bolton saw the inevitable retirement of an EPL Legend, David Pagi, who has decided to take a break from the game to recharge his batteries. As always, Pagi's side put upa determined battle but faced the defending Champions in the middle of a great run, Vittek scoring the winner after 34 minutes. We hope to see Pagi back soon and if not, back for FM06. Good luck amigo. icon_smile.gif

Everton 5 - 0 Coventry

Relegation certs Coventry somehow held us at their own ground and we got revenge for two dropped points in style. An early goal from Sivok was followed by a four goal salvo from the Premiership's top marksman (Pazzini and Ammendolea who? icon_wink.gif) - Alberto Gilhardino to destroy the Sky Blues in an excellent performance by the lads.

Leicester City 1 - 3 Everton

This was a very tough game after ex-Evertonian Andy Reid stepped up to curl in a fantastic free kick after only 6 minutes. Leicester's team is surprisingly competent for a relegation threatened side and after Vittek equalised on 31 minutes we had to wait until the 81st minute (and after Reid was dismissed) to go 2-1 ahead through Tobias Hysen (remember him? icon_wink.gif).

Vittek sealed a brace in the 90th minute and a 3-1 win was recorded as Nilsen took stick for a poor draw at Wolves on the same day. Gap closed from 13 to 11. icon_smile.gif

Everton 1 - 0 Fulham

Everton's squad has been stretched to breaking point by some horrendous injuries this season and before the match Murphy felt that this was a great opportunity for Mo Ilyas to finally score a goal agaisnt us, if not actually win the game. icon_wink.gif With Mo's five man defence in place as usual, the secret is definitely not to go a goal behind to Fulham or you are in trouble. Pleasingly, on the day that never looked likely to happen. With the heart torn out of our central midfield, Murphy was forced to play Hysen and Flamini in the centre which was a cause of much anxiety to the Goodison faithful as they are not renouned for their tackling.

Petrov however, the outstanding player in the Premiership this season, soon put paid to those nerves as he immediately set off beating three men down the flank creating an Everton chance. Right away Ilyas was barking out his instructions, putting two of his dogs of war on the dangerous Swede but it didn't deter Everton from taking the game to Fulham for the entire match. The game was won when one of Fulham's hatchet men took down Gilardino in the box and the Italian dangerman struck home the penalty to secure the points. Fulham are an improving outfit though and having seen some of Mo's purchases for this and next season, they are a team to watch in the EPL.

Everton 2 - 0 Chelsea

Extra tension surrounded this game as Murphy had recently joined Nilsen in deciding to turn down the Chelsea job - to remain at Everton. With Chelsea still managerless at this stage (don't want to spoil the forthcoming surprise) their team which has aged together significantly, still put in a great performance but lost the game due to the difference up front where Gilardino was again clinical and Gudjohnsen and Drogba wasteful. Unfortunately though Gilardino was subsequently crocked for two weeks and misses the FA Cup match, the trip to Villa Park and possibly the match at Old Trafford.

FA Cup 3rd Round

Gillingham 2 - 4 Everton

Having gone out in the 3rd Round last season to Swindon, Murphy was not a happy camper after this game as he watched Gillingham come close to repeating the trick. Although we were 1-0 and 2-1 up, we allowed the Gils to equalise again to go 2-2 and with Isaksson playing quite poorly an upset was definitely on the cards once more. That was until Sivok on (49) and Calaio on 62 rounded up the win to set up another tricky away tie, to QPR, in Round Four.

So in summary, all has been great at Everton during November and December with much progress made in the League, the FA Cup and a tie against Barcelona awaiting in the Champions League. This season could yet turn out to be memorable if we can get a result against the Catalans or if Nilsen's boys go down the tubes.

portsmouth_180.gif

They just keep going

Premiership

This is the run of 8 games won in a row that broke Pompeys old record of 6

Bolton 0-1 Portsmouth

Portsmouth 4-0 Coventry

39 shots shows our dominance in this one

Leicester 1-6 Portsmouth

Carvalho starts his first match and gets an hat trick, only downside was Leicester had 1 shot and scored it so no clean sheet.

Portsmouth 3-1 Chelsea

Pazzini hat trick gave us an easy win but again we were unable to keep a clean sheet as Drogba scored in the last minute.

Villa 2-3 Portsmouth

A game we always looked like winning until the last 10 mins when Villa fought bravely to make it 3-2 giving the match a tense finish.

The War at Fratton

Starring Portsmouth vs. Everton

Before the match Kalou mysteriously vanished (rumours were he had been captured by Murphy’s henchmen to try and give themselves the edge icon15.gif ). Portsmouth came out all guns blazing but it was sergeant Serhat who struck not once, not twice but three times!! As Wiese was stunned letting all of the 3 strikes in.

I looked across at Murphy seeing a sight more creepy than Freddy Krueger, so much so the shock actually knocked me out my seat. He had a smile on his face from ear to ear but not just any smile oh no for this was the smile of pure evil! Was this the reason he had so much luck all these years? Could it be true? Has Niall ‘were not lucky just fortunate’ Murphy really sold his soul to Satin himself

With me still down on the floor with my face in the mud I began to stand when at that moment I felt a presence, it looked like an angel, in fact it looked like……. Yes could it be, was it God himself? Well not quite but it was pretty dam close in the form of the one and only (no not Chesney Hawk) Kalooooooooouuuuuuuu.

He had somehow escaped Murphy’s henchman from behind enemy lines and arrived at Fratton to do what he does best and that’s kick some major ass. The crowd were in a frenzy as Kalou entered the battlefield on for SWP, They wanted Evertonian blood and knowing me they knew they wouldn’t be disappointed.

4 minutes later Kalou made an impact when he played a defence splitting through ball in the path of Peralta to pull one goal back to make it 3-1. At HT I gave a speech that was Oscar worthy to motivate the players for the second half so they could complete the greatest comeback in EPL history. In the 65th minute Mavuba turned the dream into reality as he made it 3-2, then 4 minutes later the goal scoring machine Pazzini slotted the ball home in clinical fashion to make it 3-3. How fitting that only 3 minutes later the man who turned the game around scored a screamer from 30 yards out, yes I am talking about the boy wonder himself KALOOOOOOOOUUUUU to give us the victory and complete a marvellous, legendary comeback. Just have to say though everton only had 4 shots ALL game. As Kalou walked past Murphy he once again did his famous celebration of icon15.gif which pi**ed Mr Murphy right off (cant repeat the things he was shouting as its not fit for you the vieing public icon_wink.gif )

Portsmouth 4-2 West Brom

Landon Donovan was the spark in this game scoring 2 from the bench. Really should have been over before then though as stats showed we dominated having 24 shots .

Blackburn 3-1 Portsmouth

Unbelievable. Well the keeper was injured for the game and then I had to play the game with 9 men thanks to the ref. icon13.gif

Portsmouth 3-2 Boro

Again the scoreline doesn’t show truth and that is we tore them apart .

Portsmouth 2-0 Man United

Atlast a clean sheet and against UNITED too icon_smile.gif . they only had 2 shots which showed how we dominated yet again.

Fulham 0-1 Portsmouth

Even though we deserved the win it was still much closer as our past games, with Fulham having a few chances.

Portsmouth 3-0 QPR

Birmingham 0-1 Portsmouth

Portsmouth 4-0 Liverpool

Portsmouth 2-0 Spurs

6 clean sheets in a row is showing another side to our game.

Wolves 1-1 Portsmouth

Wolves deserved a point here

Arsenal 1-4 Portsmouth

This was the big one with the two top teams in a league of there own going head to head. With Portsmouth having a 100% home record but losing 3 on the road this was Arsenals best chance to deal a blow to Pompey’s inevitable league title. Well things couldn’t of gone much worse for them as we hammered them at Highbury so much so that Wenger even had to go backstage as he couldn’t take it any longer. EASY EASY EASY EASY *Spots Wenger getting on the coach* YOU SHUT UP!! icon_razz.gif

Portsmouth 1-0 Newcaslte

Another clean sheet

FA Cup

We are through to the 4th round as our reserves comfortably beat Chris’ WBA 6-1.

League Cup

We are through to the semis after slaughtering all our opponents by scores like 5,6,7 and 8-0.Chelsea await us with there new manager Danny, will they be able to put up a fight against this impressive Pompey team?

Goats final word

So in the league were looking strong for the title having a 100% home record and only dropping 10 points on the road. I’m confident of winning both cups as well to complete the treble which is just the first step as next year its time to prove ourselves in Europe

Also just to make things clear to Pompey fans I am not going ANYWERE!! that’s why I have rejected England, Portugal, Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool, Lazio, Blackburn and ……. Bolton. Yes that’s right I am loyal unlike some *cough Dunga99 cough*

birmingham.gif

Premiership Game 29

Birmingham City 4

Anelka 10 Berbatov 35, 84 Petrov 75

Barcelona 1

Kahlenburg 78

Man of the Match: Berbatov 10/10 Birmingham

Attendance-39984

Refereed by Pierluigi Collina

What a result for my team that will send shockwaves into Europe and will prove that Birmingham City could actually win the Champions league this year. 4-1Win

Premiership Game 13

Birmingham City 1

Anelka 18

Arsenal 0

Man of the Match: Lobont 9/10 Birmingham

Attendance-39965

Refereed by Mark Halsey

This was Arsenal first defeat of the season and showed once again that Birmingham City can fight it out at the top with the best teams in the premiership. Was a bit lucky with the result as Arsenal had most of the play but in the end the lethal finishing of Anelka and outstanding goal keeping of Lobont won us the game. 1-0Win

Carling Cup 4th Rd

Birmingham City 2

Berbatov 27 Emerton 31

Tottenham 0

Man of the Match: Esposito 8/10 Birmingham

Attendance-35328

Refereed by Rob Styles

Kept up my 100% unbeaten record against a ****ed Rick. Was happy with this result has Tottenham had given us a real hard game earlier in the premiership. 2-0Win

Premiership Game 14

W.B.A 2

Fletcher 66 Zokora 90

Birmingham City 2

Petrov 22 Ammendolea 80

Man of the Match: Haestad 9/10 W.B.A

Attendance-35990

Refereed by Barry Knight

Chris Morris WBA can beat any team on there day so any kind of a point away from home is good result. I must admit I left the Hawthorns upset after WBA leveling the game with the last kick of the match. 2-2 Draw

Werder Bremen 1

Klasnic 9

Birmingham City 3

Ammendolea 47 Gasbarroni 67 Berbatov 89

Man of the Match: Gasbarroni 10/10 Birmingham

Attendance-38987

Refereed by Michael McCurry

The Double over Bremen and puts us in pole position for the next round of the champions league. The team really starting to gel and Morale is high that we could go all the way in the champion’s league. 3-1Win

Premiership Game 15

Birmingham City 2

Anelka 45 Emerton 68

Blackburn 0

Man of the Match: Basturk 8/10 Birmingham

Attendance-39976

Refereed by Simon Francis

Thanks to Rick Boult I have a good record against Blackburn and we managed to keep up that record in fine style with a comfortable victory. 2-0Win

Premiership Game 16

Birmingham City 3

Petrov 1, 23 Basturk 21

Middlesbrough 1

Man of the Match: Basturk 8/10 Birmingham

Attendance-40538

Refereed by Uriah Rennie

Payback against Ben after Boro gave me a beating in his first game in charge of Middlesbrough. This was a different team out on the field this time with Basturk, Anelka and Berbatov all fit enough to play. 3-1Win

Birmingham City 3

Anelka pen 30, 37 Fernandez 69

Porto 0

Man of the Match: Edu 9/10 Birmingham

Attendance-36336

Refereed by Michael McCurry

Finished the group in style with some great football played by my team. Anelka is scoring for fun right now and I’m sure none of the Champions league big boys will want to be drawn against us in the next round. 3-0Win

Champions League Group F

1st. Barcelona 13pts

2nd Birmingham 12pts

3rd Werder Bremen 6pts

4th Porto 4pts

Draw for the next round is Birmingham v Valencia

Speaking exclusively to Sky Sports in Birmingham football clubs training ground, King gave this reation to news

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I do not expect an easy ride against Valencia in the 1st Rd of the knock out stage in the Champions League but I'm confident Birmingham City have what it takes to overcome this first hurdle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

King admits he's relatively pleased with today's Champions League draw, which pits the Reds against a top Spanish side.

But he's taking nothing for granted against the team that plays in a top league and he insits it won't be easy.

Their side is packed full of international players and they have the top scorer in the Spanish football. We will give them our utmost respect.

It is going to be difficult but we know what to expect and I'm confident we can get through. All the matches we play are important but a knock out tie to get into the Champions League last 8 is especially important for us at this stage of the season.

More to Follow soon icon_wink.gif

birmingham.gif

Carling Cup 5th Rd

Birmingham City 2

Terry og 1 Buxton 4

Chelsea 3

Gudjohnson 8, 82 Zonneveld pen 88

Sent off: Dawson 80 min

Man of the Match: Wilhelmsson 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-39879

Refereed by Rob Styles

After a great start for my team going 2-0 up with 4 minutes it all went Pete Tong with Chelsea finally wining. The game turned with the red card and with the game heading for extra time the ref gave a penalty (thanks Mr. Styles). 3-2 Defeat

Premiership Game 17

Birmingham City 0

Portsmouth 1

Peralta 38

Attendance-37960

Refereed by Simon Francis

A game against Andy high flying Portsmouth and a game Brum have to win to keep up there high place in the league. First half Portsmouth had the best of the play and got the goal to take them into half time with the lead. Second half Ammendolea came on and started to rip up the Portsmouth defence. Last 10 minutes we were all over them and hit the post and should have got the draw but when you’re top of the league you sometimes get the rub of the green. Can’t remember if Pazzini played or not in this game because I didn’t se him on the ball at all. 1-0 Defeat

Premiership Game 18

Fulham 2

Xisco 13 Biscan 69

Birmingham City 1

Ammendolea 81

Man of the Match: Basturk 8/10 Birmingham City

Attendance-29991

Refereed by Matthew Reed

I don’t believe Mo done it again and mugged me. Beginning to learn that Mo team is lethal on the counter attack and with 2 shots on target he managed to score both. A disappointing day on the hole but I hopefully will not make the same mistake again.

1-0 Defeat

Premiership Game 19

QPR 0

Birmingham City 2

Ammendolea 4, 32

Attendance-19135

Refereed by Alan Wiley

Good to get back to wining ways but this wasn’t an easy as it should have been. Lobont had to make a few vital saves to keep us in the game but this win should restore morale after the last 2 injustices on the pitch. 2-0 Win

Premiership Game 20

Birmingham City 4

Petrov 22 Rensing og 35 Burdisso og 50 Gasbarroni 60

Man Utd 0

Man of the Match: Basturk 10/10 Birmingham

Attendance-39977

Refereed by Barry Knight

A great win against Manchester United with the help of two own goals. This was my first win against Man Utd for a couple of seasons and to get 4 goals was bonus and without letting in a goal. 4-0 Win

Half season player stats

Goals

1st. Berbatov 14

2nd. Anelka 12

3rd. Ammendolea 9

4th. Petrov 7

5th. Esposito 6

Average Rating..

1st. Marzi 8.50

2nd. Basturk 8.33

3rd. Gasbarroni 7.83

4th=. Ammendolea 7.71

4th= Lobont 7.71

Most App..

1st. Dawson 30

2nd. Lobont 29

3rd. Emerton 28

4th. Esposito 22 (1)

5th. Huddlestone 22

Man of the match..

1st. Basturk 6

2nd. Lobont 3

3rd= Ammendolea 2

3rd= Esposito 2

3rd= Anelka 2

skylogo_default.gif

chelsea.gif

Danny King has admitted that there was no way he could not turn down the chance to manage Chelsea

King, who left Birmingham on Tuesday to succeed Jose Mourinho as the new man in charge at Stamford Bridge, felt compelled to take up the position. How can you turn down a club like Chelsea, he told Sky sports.

I am 28 and been in management for a short time. But I may never get the chance to join one of the biggest clubs in the country. That is why I had to say yes. I explained my reasons to Birmingham. They were not very happy with my decision but I think they understood how I felt. I enjoyed my time there and was prepared to end my career with them before Chelsea came in. In football, events can happen suddenly and you have to react quickly - if I had said no I might have regretted it for the rest of my life.

No disrespect to Birmingham City - but I am joining a world-famous club which has the money for success. I can't help but be excited at the prospect of joining one of the biggest clubs around.

It is one of the best-supported clubs and everything is in place for it to be successful. I hope I can be the one that brings success to the fans.

The prospect of trying to help them achieve their goals is a very exciting one. I am going to take a couple of days gardening leave and will start at Chelsea Thursday.

Chelsea Player Andres D’Alessandro has welcomed the appointment of Danny King as the new manager at the club

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I know Mr King from my time at Birmingham City and he is a world class manager with the one to one skills you need in this day and ages to bring the best out of the players.

For me, what he will bring to this football club is vast experience of managing a top-class club. I think that Mr. King will give us that bit of toughness we need, especially away from home.

We all want the club to be successful, nobody more so than me. I have heard some fans asking how Mr. King will get on with the rest of the lads but all I can say is he will bring the best out of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many believe that King was 3rd choice for the post at Stamford Bridge behind Andy Nilsen and Niall Murphy but with Roman Abramovich pointing out Andy Nilsen wouldn’t be able to fit his big head or ego into Stamford Bridge to manage the team and Mr Murphy being a loyal manager to Everton that King was there only real option for the job as manager as the application form of Sam Bouchard was throw straight into the bin.

A sky sports reporter asked Danny King why he would take over at Chelsea with there ageing team when he had a young youthful team in the champion league and many pundit believed would win the premiership within the nest couple of years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sometimes in football you have to take one step back in order to take two steps forward. Always in my time at Birmingham City I had to sell my best players in order to bring in new players. I’m hoping at Chelsea this will be different with Mr Abramovich backing me like he did with Jose Mourinho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

skylogo_default.gif

chelsea.gif

Danny King has admitted that there was no way he could not turn down the chance to manage Chelsea

King, who left Birmingham on Tuesday to succeed Jose Mourinho as the new man in charge at Stamford Bridge, felt compelled to take up the position. How can you turn down a club like Chelsea, he told Sky sports.

I am 28 and been in management for a short time. But I may never get the chance to join one of the biggest clubs in the country. That is why I had to say yes. I explained my reasons to Birmingham. They were not very happy with my decision but I think they understood how I felt. I enjoyed my time there and was prepared to end my career with them before Chelsea came in. In football, events can happen suddenly and you have to react quickly - if I had said no I might have regretted it for the rest of my life.

No disrespect to Birmingham City - but I am joining a world-famous club which has the money for success. I can't help but be excited at the prospect of joining one of the biggest clubs around.

It is one of the best-supported clubs and everything is in place for it to be successful. I hope I can be the one that brings success to the fans.

The prospect of trying to help them achieve their goals is a very exciting one. I am going to take a couple of days gardening leave and will start at Chelsea Thursday.

Chelsea Player Andres D’Alessandro has welcomed the appointment of Danny King as the new manager at the club

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I know Mr King from my time at Birmingham City and he is a world class manager with the one to one skills you need in this day and ages to bring the best out of the players.

For me, what he will bring to this football club is vast experience of managing a top-class club. I think that Mr. King will give us that bit of toughness we need, especially away from home.

We all want the club to be successful, nobody more so than me. I have heard some fans asking how Mr. King will get on with the rest of the lads but all I can say is he will bring the best out of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many believe that King was 3rd choice for the post at Stamford Bridge behind Andy Nilsen and Niall Murphy but with Roman Abramovich pointing out Andy Nilsen wouldn’t be able to fit his big head or ego into Stamford Bridge to manage the team and Mr Murphy being a loyal manager to Everton that King was there only real option for the job as manager as the application form of Sam Bouchard was throw straight into the bin.

A sky sports reporter asked Danny King why he would take over at Chelsea with there ageing team when he had a young youthful team in the champion league and many pundit believed would win the premiership within the nest couple of years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sometimes in football you have to take one step back in order to take two steps forward. Always in my time at Birmingham City I had to sell my best players in order to bring in new players. I’m hoping at Chelsea this will be different with Mr Abramovich backing me like he did with Jose Mourinho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Many believe that King was 3rd choice for the post at Stamford Bridge behind Andy Nilsen and Niall Murphy but with Roman Abramovich pointing out Andy Nilsen wouldn’t be able to fit his big head or ego into Stamford Bridge to manage the team </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh is Mr Roman Abramovich still upset that i rejected them? Also can you pleeeeeeeasssseee tell him to stop leaving me messages, i am not going to 'meet' with him and under no circmstances will i ever sell out

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goat261:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Many believe that King was 3rd choice for the post at Stamford Bridge behind Andy Nilsen and Niall Murphy but with Roman Abramovich pointing out Andy Nilsen wouldn’t be able to fit his big head or ego into Stamford Bridge to manage the team </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh is Mr Roman Abramovich still upset that i rejected them? Also can you pleeeeeeeasssseee tell him to stop leaving me messages, i am not going to 'meet' with him and under no circmstances will i ever sell out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good news, Abramovich has got the builders in to make the stadium bigger so at least when Portsmouth’s visit Stamford Bridge you will be able to fit your head inside but leave the ego parked outside. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunga99:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You gonna sell this tube then Danny since he was such a spectacular waste of money at Birmingham. £14m was it? icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunga99:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You gonna sell this tube then Danny since he was such a spectacular waste of money at Birmingham. £14m was it? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Waste of money, you sure?

Look his stats for his one season at St Andrews

Goals

1st. Berbatov 15

2nd= D'Alessandro 11

2nd= Anelka 11

4th. Petrov 4

5th. Eagles 3

Most Asts.

1st. Anelka 14

2nd. D'Alessandro 10

3rd. Berbatov 9

4th= Carter 5

4th= Gardner 5

Man of the match..

1st. Esposito 6

2nd= D'Alessandro 4

2nd= Anelka 4

2nd= Basturk 4

5th. Gasbarroni 2

Plus 16 million profit on the player I didn't want to sell and only did because he had a release clause in his contract

Case closed I believe icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goat261:

Goats final word

I’m confident of winning both cups as well to complete the treble which is just the first step as next year its time to prove ourselves in Europe

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where's yout treble gone, where's your treble gone? icon_razz.gif

everton.gif

Murphy announces new signings

With the Transfer Window coming to a close, Everton manager Niall Murphy has been busy overseeing a few major transfers that are designed to help Everton push for another year in the Champions League through their final league position and also have a good run at the FA Cup.

Outgoing:

Spanish international midfielder Cesc Fabregas lasted three months at the club and has completed a £15.5m move to Real Madrid. Murphy is sure that Fabregas will go on to be a top top player but the decision was made that the defence needed to be strenghtened and Fabregas was the main way to raise the funds required.

Incoming:

Benoit Pedretti - £4.8m from Manchester United.

An excellent signing here as Liggins' old Manchester United squad is replaced by Rafael Benitez. Pedretti was languishing in the reserves with Julio Baptista barring his way to the first team. When Murphy discovered he was available, Pedretti was only too happy to sign up for the Toffees. At 28 years old, Pedretti has a good few years left at the top.

Mirel Radoi - £10m from Udinese.

At 27 Radoi was probably the best defender available at that price on the market and £10m was spent to strengthen the Everton defence which has leaked more goals than I would like this season. Unfortunatley he is now crocked for three months so it will be a while before the Romanian makes his debut for the club.

Daniel Van Buyten

At only £450K, this 30 year old defender was a bargain not to be missed and was happy to settle for a £24k a week wage. Boots the defensive unit.

Of course Everton are a club that continues to have to sell to buy and the big news doing the rounds at Goodison is the potential sale of star striker Akinm Serhat to Arsenal. A £25m pound fee has been agreed between the clubs for the 27 year old Turkish international, the terms of contract are also agreed but Murphy has delayed the decision for a week to see what options he will be left with if he is forced to sell one of his star forwards.

In the meantime Everton look likely to be embroiled in a battle for 2nd place with Arsenal and Chris Morris' WBA unless their is a monumental slip up by Andy Nilsen's impressive Portsmouth side. With Pompey now out of both domestic cups and having no European football this has to be seen as highly unlikely. Recently Everton travelled to under pressure manager Sam Bouchard's Aston Villa and fell behind to a set piece free kick from Suazo not long after Isaksson had made a memorable save from the spot from Villa debutant Frank Lampard.

everton.gif

Bolloks - pressed the post button by mistake

Yeah so after Lampards miss both sides had chances. With time running out, Everton attacked the Villans incessantly and got their reward with an excellent goal from Petrov resulting in a 1-1 draw. After this though, we were totally outclassed at Old Trafford, beaten 3-1 on the day which was a pretty flattering result for us. Man Utd are brilliant at Old Trafford but not so hot away which is why they aren't challenging for the title. A 6-2 victory over second placed Arsenal put the smile back on Murphy's face though and the night was rounded off with a 1-1 draw at Chris Morris' WBA with a late goal from Gilardino ensuring Murphy remains unbeaten at the Hawthorns. The FA Cup saw a comfortable 3-0 win over QPR setting up an away day tie with Wolves in Round 5.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

Goats final word

I’m confident of winning both cups as well to complete the treble which is just the first step as next year its time to prove ourselves in Europe

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where's yout treble gone, where's your treble gone? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where's yout title gone, where's your title gone? oh yes down south to portsmouth icon_razz.gif

Goats final word

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where's your treble gone, where's your treble gone? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where's your title gone, where's your title gone? oh yes down south to portsmouth icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's on loan for a year while we're touring Europe. icon_wink.gif

Latest Table

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AsherDSSc:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight,

Somebody ban him please for being stupid icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ban for what?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Franek:

Hi, I'd like to join any online game! But do you now it's gone be any problem with my proxy?

My IP: 192.168.1.140

My ICQ #: 238-439-376 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats why mate

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Franek:

Hi, I'd like to join any online game! But do you now it's gone be any problem with my proxy?

I can see that you have posted this message in a number of forums and that you are new to the forums. I suggest you read the online FAQ which is a sticky thread near the top of this forum. Posting ip address is not allowed for quite a few good reasons. Your question is like saying that I live in '51 new street'...can I send out parcels from my address?

The ip you have given is behind a router/firewall and therefore you would not be able to host a game with that ip (internal). What you should be able to do is join any fm online server, as long as there are no ports blocked on your firewall. Best way to test this is to ask someone kindly to host a game and see if you can connect to the game.

Each CLAN has different methods of application to join, read up if they have a vacancy and then apply, posting the details they require from your application.....and by the way, don't sound too desperate icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kndusr19:

I can see that you have posted this message in a number of forums and that you are new to the forums. I suggest you read the online FAQ which is a sticky thread near the top of this forum. Posting ip address is not allowed for quite a few good reasons. Your question is like saying that I live in '51 new street'...can I send out parcels from my address?

The ip you have given is behind a router/firewall and therefore you would not be able to host a game with that ip (internal). What you should be able to do is join any fm online server, as long as there are no ports blocked on your firewall. Best way to test this is to ask someone kindly to host a game and see if you can connect to the game.

Each CLAN has different methods of application to join, read up if they have a vacancy and then apply, posting the details they require from your application.....and by the way, don't sound too desperate icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks a lot for a help, I'll try to follow the rules next time,sorry for that.

southampton.gif

THE STORY SO FAR

Well things aren't shaping up like they should be down at St. Mary's. Of course having been away for a couple of sessions none of it is my fault. Sammy Lee is at whos feet the blame should be directly placed. Not only did he leave the Saints high and dry by taking a Managerial role half way through his Caretaker stint, but he managed to get the job at the best Club in the World the Mighty Reds, Liverpool FC. Why him? He didnt do shyte at Southampton, left me 15th, his team report had more flaws than my last excuse to the Mrs. I mean c'mon they could have given me the opportunity, at least I can see over the Dugout rails and dont moonlight as Chesney from Corries stunt double. Im not bitter honest.

Heres a run down of the results while I was away..

Fulham 1-0 Good home result

QPR 0-2 Lost to relegation favorites

B/ham Blues 1-2 must have been robbed theyre cra p

Derby 2-0 League Cup win

Liverpool 0-2 Sammy Lee's a wankster

Spurs 0-2 going down going down going down I hear them cry

Wolves 0-0 Away point but not good enough

Toon 2-0 wow a win, maybe Lowe did a Delia

Glazier Utd 0-2 Oh well who cares theyre not gonna be around for long, maybe they'll start playing rounders in the National Girls League or summat

Chelsea 1-1 Great League Cup match seeing us loose in E.T.

Bolton 0-0 away point and a chance to set the lads on Diouf

Coventry 3-2 Barnstomer at St Mary's saw us humble the powerhouse that is Coventry FC icon_rolleyes.gif

Leicester 1-0 away win 3 valuable points

Chelsea 1-1 a point off Chelsea? think Mr Mourinho will be collecting his P45 shortly

B/ham Claret n Blues 1-0 Got back just in time to beat Birminghams better half.

Everton 1-2 seen as how he's the host n all, I will not go into how he robbed me, and claimed an easy win angryfire.gif

Baggies 0-0 Dull listless affair from both teams, nice pies, tea wasnt bad

Blackburn 1-0 up to 15th, Glad I decieded off my own back to go with a back 4.

'Boro 1-1 good away point Dinjar starting to fulfill his role as midfield Dan Dadda

Barnsley 4-0 FA Cup 3rd round win not sure whos next but im feeling comfident of getting that cup, not that im writting this update 2 weeks late and already know what happened with following results, not that I even know who I might get drawn against could be anyone..............

chelsea.gif

Major rebuilding job at Chelsea

Yes this is the not same Chelsea team that was winning the league only a couple of season’s ago. What was once one of the best teams in the world is now a team filled with OAPs coming to there end of their careers looking for one final payday.

Jose Mourinho did win the league twice, Champions league once, FA cup once and the Carling Cup once but he left an old ageing team with no youth coming via the ranks. There No Robert Huth, no Glen Johnson, no Arjen Robben, no Petre Cech, no Scott Parker and no Mikael Forssell. I will be looking to bring the average age of the team down a few years for the start of next season and lucky enough even with most of the players being in there 30s they still command a high transfer fee so I should be able to raise the funds needed to turn Chelsea around again.

Players Out…

Frank Lampard To Aston Villa For 6.25 million

I would have loved to had Frank in his prime but his another player who was now 30 years old and I wanted younger legs in my midfield so when Villa offer came in I accepted it wish him all the best.

Valdo To Valencia For 15.75 million

Why Mourinho paid 30 million for this waste of space god only knows. This was one the reason why he finally got the sack. Everton didn’t even want him back at half price but there always a mug in football and this time it was Valencia.

Mike Zonneveld To Aston Villa For 10 million

Already have Wayne Bridge for my left back so with funds needed for team rebuilding this offer was too good to turn down. Manchester United was also interested but him went for the money and joined Villa

Damien Duff To Roma For 15 million

A don’t play wingers so this was an easy choice for me. This sale did upset the fans but again this was maybe the last season I could command a big fee for the players so the time was right to sell.

Tiago To Sevilla For 18 million

Wasn’t looking to sell Tiago as he is only 28 years old but the offer from Sevilla was too good to turn down.

65 million for 5 players isn’t bad business and hopefully I will be able to reinvest in some younger players

Players In…

Luca Cigarini From Birmingham For 2.8 million

My old player from Birmingham City. With Chelsea not having a holding player in the team I noticed that Birmingham had put Cigarini on the list and for this price I was more than happy to bring him with me to Stamford Bridge.

Alessandro Nesta From Milan For 3.6 million

My all time favorite defender in the CM/FM series. I know he’s getting on a bit but this guys is a world class player and I’m sure he be rolling back the years with some fine displays for my team.

Michael Carrick From Newcastle For 3.3 million

I tried a few times to sign this player for Birmingham but with no luck. With Tiago, Valdo and Lampard sold I needed a backup midfield player and Carrick fits the bill.

Morgan De Sanctics From Newcastle For 5.5 million

Again another player who I have been after for a couple of season now and with my old club not willing to sell Lobont at this point in time I needed a top class keeper and in DE Sanctis I believe I now have this.

Antonio Cassano From Manchester United For 31 million

I have been after a world class forward since I took over at Chelsea and with bids being rejected from players like Torres, Rooney, Robinho and Tevez. I was more than happy with finally getting my man.

46 million spent but most of that on one player and I’m sure these signing will help take Chelsea forward as a club.

Chelsea team

GK De Sanctics

RB Bonera

LB Bridge

CB Terry

CB Gallas

DMC Cigarini

MC D’Alessandro

MC J. Cole

AMC Rosicky

FC Cassano

FC Drogba

SB1 Ellegaard

SB2 Nesta

SB3 Ballack

SB4 Gudjohnsen

SB5 Mutu

everton.gif

Murphy concedes the title

After losing by 3 goals to 1 at home to Portsmouth last night, Everton manager Niall Murphy has accepted that his side is not going to catch Andy Nilsen's team this season. In an excellent opening for the south coast outfit, Pompey caught Everton cold in the opening minutes to go 2-0 in front through Pazzini and Landon Donovan - both finishing their opportunities clinically. Although Everton replied before HT through Gilardinho, the Toffees were unlucky not to equalise in the second half when Gonzalez was right through and saw another effort cleared off the line. With luck against us it came as no surprise when a 25 yard effort from Carvalho finished the game off with 5 minutes to go and removing any doubt that the champions reign is over.

Afterwards Murphy stated,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's been clear for some time that this is likely to be Portsmouth's season so we'd just like to congratulate Andy Nilsen and move on. Although they haven't won it yet I don't think many would dispute that Pompey have been the outstanding team this season. Of course we can say it was easier for them having no European football to distract them and I'm sure Pompey will find it much tougher next season as defending champions. From our point of view we've drawn too many games but defensive problems have haunted us all year and we've paid for it in the end. We're on a run of bad form at the minute and I'm just hoping we can get it together in the final 9 games to secure a champions league position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everton's main chance of a trophy now is the Champions League after defensive problems came back to haunt us again in the 5th Round of the FA Cup. Despite leading 1-0 and 2-1 against Wolves at Molineaux, the lads couldn't see the game out and exit the cup with a 3-2 defeat.

All this disappointment occurring before the biggest game in Everton's history, the European Champions League Second Round match versus Barcelona at the Nou Camp. With Barca sitting on top of La Liga and boasting players such as winger Alex, Xavi, Fernando Torres and Joaquin it was guaranteed to be a tough test for Everton's fragile defence. With Murphy adopting the most negative 4-5-1 of his tenure the game plan was to soak up the pressure and hopefully hit the Catalans on the break. In the first half a tremendous fighting performance by the Toffees full of defensive discipline saw us come in at HT with the scores level at 0-0 despite serious Barca pressure. However the game turned just after the hour when Barca notched from a set piece to take the lead. Surprisingly after this they decided to hold what they had and as a result Everton will kick off at Goodison only 1-0 down which gives us a realistic chance of getting to the quarter finals.

Can Murphy upstage a Nilsen title year again by becoming European Champions? Watch this space... icon_biggrin.gif

chelsea.gif

Results…

FA Cup 3rd Rd

Chelsea 3

Rosicky 12 Gudjohnsen 29 Cani 64

Leeds 0

Man of the Match: Alessandro 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-42421

Refereed by Matthew Reed

My first game in charge of Chelsea FC and its always important to get a win so even with a semi final against Portsmouth coming up in the next few days I took a full strength team for the game. Couldn’t have wished for a better start with Chelsea controlling the game from start too finish scoring 3 good goals in the processes.

3-0 Win

Carling Cup Semi Final

Chelsea 2

Cani 12 Mutu 52

Portsmouth 3

Pazzini 38 Kerznako 66 Kalou 84

Sent off: Carvalho 80 min Chelsea and Hubschman 82 min Portsmouth

Man of the Match: Cani 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-39667

Refereed by Rob Styles

A game that we should have won by at least a couple of goals but Portsmouth took there chances well. Rob Styles was again involved in the match sending off a player from each side but in the end of this game we had old big head singing that he would win the treble.

3-2 Defeat

Premiership Game 21

W.B.A 2

Clarke 45 Ellegard 61

Chelsea 1

Gudjohnson 18

Man of the Match: Pinn 10/10 WBA

Attendance-35956

Refereed by Mike Riley

After taking the lead it was all WBA but my defence was holding firm until with the last kick of the first half with Clarke had leveled the game for WBA. Second half again WBA was having the better of the game and on the 61st minute my goal keeper had the biggest **** up that I have ever seen, letting in a tame shot from the half way line. After the game was finished I had to check the highlight again and I still didn’t believe that he let that in. 2-1 Defeat

Premiership Game 22

Chelsea 2

D’Alessandro 66 Roiscky 71

Blackburn 0

Man of the Match: Cani 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-39032

Refereed by Howard Webb

My first league win as the Chelsea boss but the team didn’t play that well but the two goals within 5 minutes of each other killed off high flying Blackburn. 2-0 Win

FA Cup 4th Rd

Sheff Wed 1

Euell 86

Chelsea 1

Duff 89

Man of the Match: Ferreira 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-39759

Refereed by Barry Knight

With a big game against Portsmouth only a few days away I deicide to rest my big guns and take a chance putting out a second team. This almost backfired on me with my old boy Euell giving Wednesday the lead with 4 minutes left but with Chelsea going on all out attack Duff leveled the game in what turned out to be his last game for the club.

1-1 Draw

Carling Cup Semi Final

Portsmouth 1

Pazzini 61

Chelsea 3

Drogba 9 D’Alessandro 41 Wihelmsson 120

Man of the Match: D’Alessandro 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-37967

Refereed by Barry Knight

Didn’t hold out much hope before this game with old big head saying how would now win the double after being knocked out by Southampton in the FA Cup. What my team needed was an early goal and that exactly what Drogba had given us within 9 minutes. Closing in on half time D’Alessandro double the lead and put us in the driving seat. Second half Portsmouth score with there first attack on goal and with the game heading for extra time Portsmouth picked up an injury to one of there players and with the tactical master mind that is Andy already using all 3 of his subs Portsmouth had to carry on with 10 men. Then in extra time Portsmouth pick up another injury and go down to 9 men and you can hear Andy moaning on mirc. With Chelsea putting heavy pressure on Portsmouth they finally find a way past there goal keeper with there last kick of the game. 3-1 Win 5-4 over both legs

After the game king told the press

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This is a great comeback for my team but I have to feel sorry for Andy playing 40 odd minutes with only 9 men but he knows we have been the better team over the 2 legs and I don’t want to hear anyone saying Portsmouth lost this tie due to there manager’s bad management of using all the subs by the 70th minute and there being a good chance of playing extra time icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Premiership Game 23

Middlesbrough 0

Chelsea 1

Mwafulirwa 61

Man of the Match: Bently 8/10 Middlesbrough

Attendance-40578

Refereed by Barry Knight

With all the players unfit after the extra time in the semis I rested as many players as I could. Boro had the better of the game and should have least got a point but it was one of those games when we had lady luck on our side. 1-0 Win

FA Cup 4th Rd Reply

Chelsea 4

Mutu 4 Cole 21 Ballack 39 Mwafulirwa 77

Sheff Wed 0

Man of the Match: D’Alessandro 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-42424

Refereed by Barry Knight

Again put out the second team trying to rest some of the other players after all the games they played in recent weeks. This time being at home there was no repeat of the first tie with Chelsea 2nd team showing there class with 4 goals to put us into the 5th round.

4-0 Win

Premiership Game 24

Fulham 1

Pienaar 62

Chelsea 3

Cigarini 8 J Cole 13 Rosicky 45

Man of the Match: Cani 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-29994

Refereed by Mark Clattenburg

After the mugging Fulham gave me when I was the Birmingham boss I decided to man mark Xisco which seemed to do the trick. A good 3-1 win against a tricky Fulham team who on there day can beat anyone as by winning the FA cup proves. 3-1 Win

newcastle.gif

The Setting- St.James' Park

Time and Date- unknown...possibly due to alcoholism

There was shock, horror and down right outrage on the streets of Newcastle today as an unknown French manager(yes i know it says im english in my manager profile...lets just say i carry dual nationality) was named as manager of the club to replace the outgoing Kevin Keegan, who to be frank had had so many bites at the cherry he had been left with just the pip for his final three months of his reign.

Mark D'Ardenne, whose rise to prominence has been rocket like, had previously held positions as a coach at his beloved Monaco where he succeeded former assistant gaffer Jean Petit who was forced into retirement due to the illness of his late wife Genevieve. There with his long time friend Didier Deschamps he succeeded in guiding his team to the champions league final only to lose out to Porto in a one sided game in which Porto' chelsea bound hordes played football that monaco could not hope to match....and they dived alot, just ask sir Alex Ferguson....ummm if he's still alive!

D'Ardenne, whose playing career promised much but yielded little, started out with Ajaccio only to earn himself a dream transfer to Monaco at the age of 23. The tough tackling central midfielder however failed to live up to the hype surrounding the transfer and could not justify his 4.3m transfer fee, his problems best summised by ex teammate David Trezeguet now at Juve, who believed that this lad from a small town in rural france was overcome by the bright lights of the city and the temptations on offer, to a young celebrity with money and the world at his feet.

Another anonymous source, from the then french national set-up, also detailed what may have caused this young troubled footballer to stray from his obvious path to greatness. "I believe it was 1995 and the gaffer wanted to blood some youngsters in a frindly versus cameroon to see if any of them could force their way into the reckoning for the French squad for the european championships, there were quite a few good prospects,some better than others, but there was one that stood out head and shoulders above all the rest, The young Mark D'Ardenne, then still at second division Ajaccio, seemed to command the ball and the respect of all the other players around him,even the seasoned superstars already in the french national team. However as they say "genius is often tainted" and the talent of D'Ardenne was foiled by a rash incident during a five aside fotball game in which he objected to a late challenge from Bernard Lama, the then national goalkeeper, and proceeded to headbutt the hapless shotstopper. At this pont the manager intervened but D'Ardenne would have none of it and proceeded to get into a scuffle with the gaffer, in front of the gathered journalists- making themselves ready for the pre-match press conference. Needless to say the scuffle was front page news, which led to national outcry and D'Ardenne was duly given a six month ban from football by the LFP, but worse still the national coach publicly stated that he would never play for him again... this as it happened turned out to be far worse than expected as he remained in the job until the end of the 2002 world cup, needles to say this ended any prospect of a potentially promising international career."

This forced the player into a downward spiral which led to alcoholism,and in june 1997 the termination of his contract at Monaco.

However one might be asking how a troubled player went from nothing to the manager of Newcastle United a sleeping giant. The key event was the appointment of his best friend Didier Deschamps as manager of Monaco, the only member of the monaco playing staff he was friends with due to his arrogance and petulance.

Deschamps realising the enormity of the task to turn round Monaco and have them challenging for the league called on his long time best friend to act as a member of his backroom team... this gamble yielded dividends and with the help of his inspirational friend Deschamps was able to transform the team into a high quality outfit on a shoe string budget,courtesy of the stade louis deux only having a small capacity. At this point D'Ardenne wished to spread his wings and take a chance in management-preferably abroad to avoid the hatred that was still felt towards him by the majority of the french populace. He came knocking on the door for the vacant managers position at Newcastle and after some deliberation, and a glowing letter of recommendation from Deschamps he was accepted for the job. Only time will tell whether he will be succesful, and be able to satisfy the doubters among the legions of toon army supporters, but one things for sure...if his managerial career is anything like his rollercoaster, white rapid playing career, both Freddy Shepherd, the players and the supporters better strap themselves in tightly......as their in for a bumpy ride.

Henry Winter Chief Sports Writer

newcastle.gif

As soon as i joined EPL(cheers once again for having me guys) I knew bringing about the return of the the glory days to Newcastle would not be an easy task. Having been relegated in the first aseason they lost many players who would hve been useful components in my prospective team,i.e. jenas. Since there immediate promotion from the championship they invested heavily in players only for the club to cause serious financial damage to itself. Stars like robinho came and went leaving the club with an aged playing staff and a massive 45m of debt, once again well done Mssrs keegan and souness. My immediate prioity was to balance the books a little and attempt to push for europe-not so easy as i languish in tenth with a difficult run in against human teams. I also wanted to reduce the average age of the squad significantly, and bring in some continental flair...ahem mostly from france.

As i remember the following players have transferred in and out

IN

C Zaccardo from bologna(DR)

D Corvia from roma(SC)

J Faty from Marseille(DMC)

Y Gourcuff from rennes(AMC)

A number of future transfers have also been arranged

D Stankovic from Internationale(AMRLC)

P Aimar from valencia(AMC)

J Aliadiere from bastia(SC)

M Hanke from Boro(SC)- the latter the only one with a fee involved.

Out

M zidan

M De Sanctis

M Carrick

Future out

lol like half my team-updates will follow when i have a comprehensive list!!

My start has been moderate with good wins over man utd,mallorca away and home tainted by losses to liverpool and tottenham(On Holiday so can't be blamed). I will say more when i can get full match reports.

Ultimately though this season is a development season with me trying to salvage what i can and construct a squad that can push for honours in the future, to that end the Tricolore still flies proudly ove St. James' Park...Vivre La France.. oh and lets see if by some miracle my club badge heads this report- it was AWOL on my last.

skylogo_default.gif

everton.gif

Everton swoop to sign Akin Serhat replacement

After Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger opened his chequebook to buy one of the star performers of the Everton championship winning team in Akin Serhat for £25m pounds, Everton fans were wondering what exactly Niall Murphy would do with the cash at his disposal to replace the 27 year old Turkish international striker who had been at the heart of their recent success. Murphy was not slow to make his moves as his opponents have come to expect from the Irishman. Immediately he made two very high profile moves in the market, attempting to entice Andy Nilsen into parting with either Pazzini or Kalou for £30m. However, with the Portsmouth manager who is famous for selling his star players in Mido and Sonck (thus turning Pompey from a champions league team to mid table also rans) not budging on this occasion, Murphy's attempts to break up the Portsmouth team on their way to the title were doomed to failure.

Switching his attention away from England, Murphy returned to the country where he has bought so many of his stars including Nigel De Jong, Kasper Bogelund and Alex. Holland has often been a country full of rich resources in young talent and over the past few weeks it had emerged that the Irishman had once again slipped into Eindhoven in disguise - to monitor 22 year old striker Jonathan Vonlathen - a striker who made his name in the 2004 European Championships by taking the youngest ever goalscorer record away from ex-Evertonian Wayne Rooney with a clinical strike against the poor French team of that tournament.

At £10.25m pounds Murphy was clearly delighted with the signing as he revealed he had been keeping tabs on the striker for a few seasons:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">After going for a few more high profile strikers the financial reality of being manager of Everton suddenly hit me despite having consumed many beers. If I splashed the entire fee we got from Serhat, the threat of administration would have again become a reality. Therefore I am indebted to Nilsen for not taking advantage of my inebriated condition when I faxed through the offer for Pazzini. Vonlathen is an excellent signing and once King started sniffing around for Chelsea, and Chris Morris got the idea Vonlathen might join WBA I knew it was time to make the move. Considering Vonlathen is very young, I consider the transfer fee and the high wage to be worth it as if we had waited any longer it is likely we would have lost out on the player. I see Vonlathen as a great mix of flair with clinical finishing and he will fight it out with Robert Vittek, who I can reveal is being chased by Manchester United at this time but is not for sale, for the right to partner Alberto Gilardinho up front. The signings of the past few months mean I'm very excited that Everton have the players to push for the title again next season and once Radoi comes into the team, I expect us to be moving back up the table." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vonlathen stated:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">At the age of 23 I felt the time was right to take a step up in my career and there is currently no better league to do that than the English Premiership. Although I knew Chelsea were chasing me and I respect Danny King as a manager, the chance to work with a legend such as Niall Murphy swung me towards playing in the blue of Everton and not Chelsea. Everton may be underachieving slightly this season, but when I look at the squad Murphy has at his disposal, I'm inclined to feel it is a minor blip in his plans to dominate Europe and not a permanent set back. I am confident I can win all there is to be won with Everton. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keedo666:

There is no god, once again the club badge resists my overtures angryfire.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just press the green button, and when the text box opens, paste in the url and hit ok. Simple, when you know how. icon_wink.gif

Archived