How do people best identify the player giving the assist for goals? I can get some information in the detailed screens, but during a match, is it possible to see more clearly who provided the assist? I've posted the ability to see the assist in the overview screen in the 'wishlist' thread, but just wondering if anyone else saw scope for improvement on this or had any ideas as I would find it useful to see more clearly who is working well with which striker..

Thank you

• SI Staff

To clarify: 'key' is key passes. They are passes that largely contributed to an attack e.g. a pass that puts one of your players in a shooting position. However, not all key passes lead to clear cut chances. So if you notice that one of your players has many key passes, it is likely that they have played a vital role in your attacking plays.

Thanks for the clarification. So therefore I'll still keep my wishlist item active for clearer stats and reporting of goal assists. It seems to be talked about very often in the real world and a stat much celebrated and watched by players and fans, e.g.,Ozil at Arsenal. It's also a part of the player's contract in the detailed screens about that player, and it would be nice therefore to be able to incentivize that or track it..?

• SI Staff

Goal assists are reported on the match stats and visible for each player involved in the game as indicated above, you can also see them on the various statistic pages in the game for competitions and clubs.

Archived