FM15: Board Expectations Bug

billyblenx

This must be a bug. How can I play an entertaining football without being direct? How can I check the 'More Direct Passing' and 'Higher Tempo' boxes and still not be able to play a direct football? HOW CAN I LEAD THE GOALSCORING TABLE AND HAVE THE TOP SCORER AND TOP ASSIST PLAYERS WITH ASTON VILLA ON THE FIRST SEASON and still my board thinks I'm not performing a direct style of football. It's a broken feature this 'board philosophies'. Fix it or remove them from the game.

ALbG3jJ.jpg

Well lets breakdown your opening thread into all of its pars....

Firstly, you can play very entertaining football without a direct style, think Arsenal or Barcelona under the Guardiola days. Secondly, whilst you might have your team instructions set to more direct passing and to play a higher tempo you still need to consider your formation and player roles. For example if you are not playing with a Targetman you might want to consider doing so, as that will increase the number of long balls upfield. How many playmakers do you have in your team, are you telling individual players to play more risky passes and so on. You could also consider telling the team to play route one football, but tbh I wouldn´t really recommend that.

It is irrelevant that you re top of the table in goals and assists, it all come down to style. Apparently your board don´t think you´re playing direct enough.

If you have a problem with it perhaps you should talk to the board yourself and ask them to remove the philosophy, as you seem to be getting good results without it. So you can actually fix the situation yourself, rather than having to get the developers to remove it from the game, which in my personal opinion is not an issue.

I appreciate your answer but you didn't need to tell about the "Guardiola days" thing, as It's quite clear that I don't follow his style of play, I hate it, I hate useless possession and that's why you can see I'm not using the 'Retain Possession' 'Shorter Passing' 'Work Ball Into Box' instructions. I find it hard that some people think that sterile possession is entertaining but...

I don't know if the players roles has such an impact on the direct style, never thought about it, but anyway I use one Advanced Playmaker (Attacking), 2 Wingers (Attacking) and 1 Complete Forward. I'm not a big fan of a TM specially if my CF has some technique abilities and pace.

Lastly I wanted to say that over the weeks the confidence bar of 'Direct Football' slightly increased from 38% (moment that i took this screenshot) to 46% moment that my board offered me a new contract and I asked to remove and they agreed. I still think that this feature could be worked on for the next FM because I can't think in a way to play more direct than I'm playing now with two wide open fast wingers running and crossing the ball all the time. I think I deserve at least 55% on that matter, but that's my opinion.

Archived