Suggested tweeks to Tactics/Player instructions to solve a coupe of problems with Shooting

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone can help me resolve a couple of frustrations I have at the moment with my teams shooting!

1) I have very good players with excellent long-shot and finishing attributes, however, in 3 seasons my team has never scored a 'screamer'! we are doing well and winning trophies and all is good but I would like to see the odd beauty scored from outside the box, especially given the quality of my players (including midfielders) currently all of our goals are worked into the box and tapped in or crossed from RB/LB and then headed in, which is all well and good, I do not want to eradicate or compromise that, but I would like us to score the odd screamer, I don't have any specific 'Attack' options selected on the 'Team Instructions', any suggestions?

2) As I said above we tend to work the ball into the box a lot, but far too often our AML/AMR/SC are taking shots from the by-line into the post/keeper at near post/ or side net, it's so frustrating when we have a forward central to tap the ball into the goal... Does anyone have the same issues or have any suggestions or fixes to this?

Thanks all... Here's hoping for more screamers!

I play a 4-3-3 (wide)

GK

RB (wb-at)

CB (de)

CB (de)

LB (wb-at)

CM (cm-de)

CM (dlp - su)

CM (ap -at)

AMR (if-at)

AMR (if-at)

ST (cf-at)

Team instructions -

Higher defence line

Play out of defence

Pass into space

Creative Freedom - be more expressive

No specific player duties/roles

You could turn "shoot on site" on. It'll probably have a more negative effect than posotive. Alternatively you could turn player instructions on your players with good long shots and add "shoot more often".

3rd choice would be to learn them PPMs like "shoot from range"

Mentality is Standard.

In relation to turning on "Shhot More Often" it is only available to the CM (cm-de) and AMR (if-at), AML (if-at) it is greyed out on all other player instructions for the other roles in my tactic.

In terms of who.. take your pick.. Tielemans, Pogba, Verratti, Gotze, De Brunye, or Goretzka... I have an embarrassment of Riches for CM, but like I said, I'm not expecting 2/3 a game.. 2/3 a season would do!

I think what HUNT3R is getting at is which position do you expect to score these screamers?

Your AP(A) is your only midfield "runner" (as such) but will be looking to pass rather than shoot.

Your two attacking inside forwards will be running at defenders at pace, cutting into the box from wide.

Your CF(A) will be in the box posing a threat.

If you changed the AP(A) to a CM(A) for example, especially if you add in a PPM to shoot from distance, that could help - but that role may not balance with the rest of your team.

Archived