[FM16] - It's a Faeroe way to the top

Pompeyboyz

After reading so many of the wonderful career games that you guys are doing, I decided to throw my hat in the ring. I needed to try and find something not done before with a different starting point. So this brought me to starting my career in The Faroe Islands. I have always had a sweet spot for these little islands since watching a nature programme about them. The Faroe Islands are a small set of 18 islands in the North Atlantic between Iceland, Scotland and Norway.

The Flag of the Faroes

zSYC1np.png

Where to find the Faroes

4EFbhec.png

The Setup

I am starting the game with the below setup. I am using Dan BHTFC expanded English league to level 10 found here , Morrisseys Scottish Pyramid found here and of course the Faroe Islands League found in this pack here . I have selected the other Scandinavian Leagues to add some realistic transfer options for the Faroe Island teams. I may add and remove leagues as the save progresses.

ZzC866n.png

The Manager

Sv06bT2.pngThis is me Tim Pyke. I have selected stats that best reflect my real life personality. I have gone with no qualifications and Sunday league experience.

The Club

In the past when I have played the Faroe Island League, I have gone for the most successful team Havnar Bóltfelag. This time I wanted a challenge and so went for the team expected to finish last in the 1.deild.

This team was Miðvágs Bóltfelag.

NkJ9Q9B.png

Squad

YqpSwNa.png

U19

HPNe6V3.png

The main squad has some decent players, but also plenty of rubbish as well. There is no middle ground with these players, they are either good or bad. The U19 squad has more balance with some good some ok and some bad players. As I am an Amateur team, I will be limited on who I can sign and also have little chance of stopping an attention coming for my players.

Normally, I would not set any rules for my saves but in this one, I decided to implement a few restrictions.

• I can only speak to another team if they approach me first. So no applying for jobs while employed by another team. (exceptions to this rule are only Portsmouth and Gosport Borough as they are mine and the me/managers Favourites and if unemployed)
  • I must try and maintain a positive cash flow
  • Players can only be bought if scouted first.

I have also set myself a few goals to try and achieve.

Short term goals (within the Faroe Islands)

• Win Promotion to top Faroe Island League
  • Win the Faroe Islands Cup
  • Qualify for Europa League
  • Win Faroe Island Top League
  • Qualify for the Champions League Group Stages
  • Have one of my youth players make it to the Faroes National Team
  • Manage the Faroes National Team
  • Qualify for Major Tournament

Long Term Goals (Global)

• Win League in top Nation (England, Spain, Italy, Germany etc.)
  • Win Champions League with Top Side
  • Win European Championships
  • Win Copa America
  • Win World Cup

I believe you if you say so.

I've just never seen it spelled that way in English before, including the Wikipedia article, the CIA World Factbook, Encyclopaedia Britannica - and the Google Map in your first post(!). Must be an older (archaic) British spelling.

Also weird because that extra e makes it sound like the "Fair-os" in my head, when in reality it's pronounced more like "Pharaohs".

Never mind, though - I'm sure I can live with it if everyone else can, so I'll stop derailing your thread... ;)

Well this is not going to be easy at all.

Season Preview

WNR0uiF.png

We are really not expected to do anything

I meet with my players and tell them we can avoid relegation and even they think I am crazy :(

zahQI3O.png

Season 2015 Pre-Season Results

So I added 3 more friendlies to boost my teams play time prior to the season and with the results I am pretty happy about where we stand going into competitive matches.

DHAZU4Z.png

I also boosted the squad with 5 new additions to strengthen weak areas or provide cover.

Jx5vmUU.png

Season 2015 - March Fixtures

gC9T0Ay.png

This is where I shall see what my season ahead brings. 3 away games in a row will not be easy but as I played a couple of these teams senior squads in pre-season and performed well, i have hopes of coming out of the month near the top of the league.

And the cup game should be interesting as I drew 3-3 with Giza/Hoyvik in pre-season as well.

Season 2015 - March Update

So the month of March passes and I perform well above the expectations laid out for me.

T2RzPNP.png

The defeat to B68 was a kick in the teeth as I fought back from 2-0 down to bring it back to 2-2 before they scored a late winner.

Otto Emanuel Jacobsen has been on fire though with 9 goals in 4 games. Thankfully, I am not getting noticed yet and the transfer window is shut so should retain all my players through to the end of the season. If this is how the league ends I will be very happy :)

nNuKq6t.png

Unfortunately, I have suffered 3 serious injuries to first team players, which mean I have only 1 U19 DL to play all through the season.

April Fixtures

eoTgzXr.png

With 2 visits to 07 Vestur in a week in League and Cup, plus a visit from 2nd place Skala coming up, it is going to be fun to see if I can keep up the form.

Season 2015 - April Update

After the promising start to the season in March I hoped to continue the form through April to look strong. Unfortunately, it looks like March was a false dawn.

djKHR6R.png

4 defeats on the bounce were very heartbreaking including 2 4-0 drubbings that really took the shine off. It was not helped by the fact that I was beset with injuries and had to play a DC in the DR position for most of the month :(

The 2-1 win over Bóltfelagið B36 2 helped bring the month back slightly.

MlUqJy6.png

With a 6 point gap from myself to 2nd place, I don't believe promotion is realistic now but never say never. Equally, there is a 6 point gap from myself to the relegation zone.

May Fixtures

mpMyavX.png

Season 2015 - May Update

So April being such a drop in form I wasn't expecting too much to go right in May but was pleasantly surprised with how things turned out.

bzOhVKt.png

The 5-4 win over Klaksvíkar Ítróttarfelag 2 could have been much better, or worse as I was 5-1 up at half time. And the 3-2 defeat to Tofta Ítróttarfelag B68 has ruled out any lingering hopes I may have had for Promotion.

6WMqHae.png

I think 4th will be my lot this season but I can be very happy with that outcome.

June Fixtures

ZOhCjQz.png

Having to face the top 2 teams, who have both thrashed me already this season really hammers home that I am not going up.

Season 2015 - June Update

The results for June were pretty much as expected with a win against Argja Bóltfelag 2 and Bóltfelagið B36 2 but defeats to Skala and 07 Vestur. This confirmed my spot in 4th place.

87rdVf8.png

eX51p0D.png

What I didn't see before through was a third set of fixtures starting in August :rolleyes:

August Fixtures

eTrDTZi.png

Getting Skala and 07 Vestur once more means a tough set of fixtures ahead again but should give a good run in for September.

Archived