Default Tactics

Anyone use the default in game tactics?

Personally, its something I always do.. normally select 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and just play with that. IF for one reason or another I want to change something, the only thing id do is maybe move one of the shirts around, ie from LM to LW for example on a 4-4-2.

I dont select kick takers (unless I want a GK to take them) or any instructions at all. Just pick my 11 and let it roll... I get varied results as you would expect, but its fun, to me anyhow.

So anyone else 'lazy' like me and play the game from default?

I suppose in a way I play like a DOF, but I do like to do the signings and pick the team etc. I also believe that as footballers, they should be able to do things, rather than me explain to them how to close down a player, pass the ball or wipe their backside :D

• 3 weeks later...

Im exactly the same mate, I understand people like to get lost in tactics, but I think the sliders mirrored that better, I think some of the roles are too restrictive. I doubt managers say to players 'I want you to be an advanced forward' or I want you to be a 'regista' theres too many roles for some positions as well now, such as CDM and CAM.

I use the roles and duties that come with the formation I play, the only thing I change according to circumstance is the team mentality, and set some opposition instructions if I think my assistant has missed anything important.

It also yields mixed results for me but I get more fun playing this. I wouldn't call it being a director of football. Football is as much based on player form/morale and genuine ability as it is tactical battles. Especially to the extent some people go to to win this game.

Also every time I create a tactic I do worse! My biggest enjoyment in FM is the transfer market, unearthing youngsters, or bringing players through the academy watching their attributes develop over time.

Archived