manager attributes in a journeyman career

I'm trying a journeyman career for the first time and wanted the challenge of having no badges and only Sunday league experience. Now though I've heard that when people do this they still have issues after they climb up the ranks with players not respecting them due to their reputation.

Can anyone share their experience in this situation. Have your attributes gone up a good amount as you've reached a top league? How much has your reputation gone up?

I love the idea of this career and will stick to it, but just wondering if it's maybe a better idea to start out a bit better attribute/reputation wise when doing this. I know it's a small thing, but I feel it'll be very frustrating to fight my way up to a top club only to still be treated like a crappy manager.

It's a personal choice really...

Progression isn't quick. An obscure manager with no experience will build up a rep over time irl and the game reflects this.. If you manage to secure a top job after 5 seasons in non league, you still aren't going to have the full support of players.. Dave Hockaday at my beloved Leeds comes to mind..

The choice comes in when you have to decide how quickly you want to get to the top I guess? Are you happy to build up slowly over a decade or more down in the small leagues before finally getting that dream job up top? Or are you a one season and move on type of guy?

Personally speaking I like to have a notch or so above the very bottom, so I can attract slightly better teams, but as I say, personal choice.

I suppose it is realistic to have your rep grow very slowly. I agree, 5 years in non league means basically nothing in terms of reputation. I loved the idea of starting out at ground zero for the challenge and contending with your low reputation is a big part of that I guess.

I'll have to settle in for the long haul then. Maybe I'll even purposefully delay my rise up the ranks to ensure my rep gets where it needs to be. Like after a few years turning down a Championship caliber job to stay lower down and grow my abilities more.

I always play a journeyman career. No licences or badges. Sunday League rep. Unemployed.

I'm in 2024 now in Chile.

First job was with Tirsense in Portugal.

2nd job was with Solihull Moors in England.

Current, and 3rd job is with Ñublense in Chile.

I took Ñublense up from the 2nd tier and been stuck with them in no-man's land ever since i got promoted in my 2nd season with them.

I've taken coaching courses and i now have a Continental B License.

My attributes have gone up fairly quickly during the 8-9 years i've been in action.

None of my starting attributes were above 10 upon creating the gameworld.

6c9125aa36e87389e4a58b0262d76ff6.png

I have a National reputation and that might be because i spent a whole month with Honduras as well, before i resigned :D

It's only recently i got the National rep, possibly around 2022/23.

It can take time for your rep to go up. But that depends on the league and your success as well.

The more successful in a league/country with better reputation, the quicker your rep will go up.

I always play a journeyman career. No licences or badges. Sunday League rep. Unemployed.

I'm in 2024 now in Chile.

First job was with Tirsense in Portugal.

2nd job was with Solihull Moors in England.

Current, and 3rd job is with Ñublense in Chile.

I took Ñublense up from the 2nd tier and been stuck with them in no-man's land ever since i got promoted in my 2nd season with them.

I've taken coaching courses and i now have a Continental B License.

My attributes have gone up fairly quickly during the 8-9 years i've been in action.

None of my starting attributes were above 10 upon creating the gameworld.

6c9125aa36e87389e4a58b0262d76ff6.png

I have a National reputation and that might be because i spent a whole month with Honduras as well, before i resigned :D

It's only recently i got the National rep, possibly around 2022/23.

It can take time for your rep to go up. But that depends on the league and your success as well.

The more successful in a league/country with better reputation, the quicker your rep will go up.

Interesting to see and also encouraging to see your attributes are very respectable after about a decade or so. This is exactly the type of career I'm going for. I'd prefer to stay more in Europe, but I guess I'll have to take it as it comes.

Interesting seeing Working with Youngsters remaining at one. If you start as Sunday League with no badges it always starts with that. How does that improve? Is it due to playing youth in the first team, which I expect most do, building an academy, or taking control of the youth team. As I would have thought it would have moved up playing that long, even if not very high.

Interesting seeing Working with Youngsters remaining at one. If you start as Sunday League with no badges it always starts with that. How does that improve? Is it due to playing youth in the first team, which I expect most do, building an academy, or taking control of the youth team. As I would have thought it would have moved up playing that long, even if not very high.

Was thinking about the same when i posted it. No idea how to improve that.

I have never been in charge of youth teams and i never will be. So i won't see any improvements that way.

I haven't played too many youngsters as they haven't been good enough. Nor do i have the money to buy too many players either.

I mainly buy players that go straight to my first squad.

A bit surprised that adaptability is just 3. I'm a Norwegian manager that started from scratched and i'm settled in Chile.

Was an instant hit there (thanks to a possible bug) so i would have thought that adaptability would've been a bit higher.

Thanks to me moving around a bit so quickly keeps it down, i assume.

Archived