Manager of the Year

ed84

So I finished 2nd with AS Roma in season 1...Juve was first (10pts) ahead...but I got Manager of the Year. Is this a fairly random thing or does the game actually take quite a few things into consideration?

It is true that because of Roma's financial situation I didn't add any player to the team, and lost players along the way to other clubs (like Nainggolan), and others to injury (Pjanic) and still kept doing well.

Manager of the Year (in real life as well) is voted on who achieved the most with the tools they had. For example City winning the league wouldn't be as big an achievement as keeping someone like Bury in the Premier League. I might be wrong but when Reading finished 7th or 8th under Steve Coppell, I'm sure he won (or was at least considered for) Manager of the Year.

Manager of the Year (in real life as well) is voted on who achieved the most with the tools they had. For example City winning the league wouldn't be as big an achievement as keeping someone like Bury in the Premier League. I might be wrong but when Reading finished 7th or 8th under Steve Coppell, I'm sure he won (or was at least considered for) Manager of the Year.

Yeah, I realize how it works in real life but was curious if the actual game takes those things into consideration.

So this is confusing. I won "Manager of the Year", but Allegri won "Manager's Manager of the Year". lol

It's the same as in Premier League where you have the EPL player of the year and then the Players' player of the year.

On that same note, I can't recall every being prompted to select who I think manager of the year should be for "Managers' Manager of The Year". Does this come as a press question or do we even get to vote on that award? I don't remember ever being asked.

Archived