The whole system of loans and trialists is broken...

Uri

So I'm allowed to loan 4 long term loans? & 8 short term ?...

What is long and what is short is not explained at all..

When I loan a player usually, I loan him for 3 months (short term I guess) to see if he is worth of keeping to the end of the season...After a little while I decide to extend his loan to the end of the season...

My guess is that I used already 1 short term and 1 long term...BUT when I want to loan the second guy I see that instead of already using 1 long term & 1 short term ,I see 0 (zero) on both long term and short term already used???

If I have 8 short term loans already in use and I want to extend the loan of a loan player by another 3 months the system says you are welcome...

And with trialists I can trial as many as all the players known to the nation at the same time ,without any limitation what so ever bypassing the whole scouting system invented specifically fot this version of Football Manager...

My question is what is so difficult to apply common sense rules for trialists and to apply right counting of loans...It's just counting up to 4 and up to 8 ??

Has someone been sleeping while programming the game ??

And with trialists I can trial as many as all the players known to the nation at the same time

I'm not sure what the problem with this is? People who don't want to sign for you don't accept your trial.

Other than that there is no rule at all about how many trialists a team can have - its just inviting someone to training.

Maybe there could be more clarity on costs or more players would refuse to pay their own way to come trial for you but I don't think the system is as bad as you are making out

And with trialists I can trial as many as all the players known to the nation at the same time ,without any limitation what so ever bypassing the whole scouting system invented specifically fot this version of Football Manager...

When you sign a player on trial, presuming you've got attribute masking turned on, you don't see all his full attributes, you still need to have him fully scouted.

In terms of loans, remember there are different rules for both domestic and foreign loanees.

I'm not sure what the problem with this is? People who don't want to sign for you don't accept your trial.

Other than that there is no rule at all about how many trialists a team can have - its just inviting someone to training.

Maybe there could be more clarity on costs or more players would refuse to pay their own way to come trial for you but I don't think the system is as bad as you are making out

Which team has 1,000 shirts and socks and shorts... who can actually accommodate so many trialists? Usually in real life you trial a very few players..But with Football Manager the more the merrier...There has to be limitations...For god sake there is not even any cost of trialist...They are free as the wind you are breathing...

Which team has 1,000 shirts and socks and shorts... who can actually accommodate so many trialists? Usually in real life you trial a very few players..But with Football Manager the more the merrier...There has to be limitations...For god sake there is not even any cost of trialist...They are free as the wind you are breathing...

Who says they actually have to wear your kit while they train? Certain players who are desperate to sign will pay their own costs for the trial.

Don't get me wrong I think the cost aspect could be looked at, but not the number itself in isolation.

When you sign a player on trial, presuming you've got attribute masking turned on, you don't see all his full attributes, you still need to have him fully scouted.

In terms of loans, remember there are different rules for both domestic and foreign loanees.

Of course I have the attribute masking on...I am looking for a real life challange but I find loopholes in the system...When they come to trial you already have a clear idea whom you are dealing with whereas by scouting it will take you a lot of time to get a real sense how good he is...If I invite him for a 1 week trial the moment he leaves I'm getting a detailed report with a recommendation by my chief scout to sign him not...The chief scout also give colors to his recommendation in case I dont want to read the whole reoprt...If I see a deep green this guy is a hot player where if the color is red I should avoid him like the plague..All in 1 week trial, what you get by months of scouting...I don't have to play him at all to get such a detailed report...It's like a Harry Potter game...Once his foot touches the dress room we are buddies knowing each other for many years...

And for loans I am a low league manager in England who can loan only players from England...

If you are a low league club with low league scouts then as far as I'm aware the report you get may not be as accurate as it would be after months of scouting - it will be a one week estimate and not totally reliable.

Also, your staff would probably get to see not too much less of a player after 1 week of training than they would after just watching his on-pitch time from a distance for a while

If you are a low league club with low league scouts then as far as I'm aware the report you get may not be as accurate as it would be after months of scouting - it will be a one week estimate and not totally reliable.

Also, your staff would probably get to see not too much less of a player after 1 week of training than they would after just watching his on-pitch time from a distance for a while

Well I have happened to acquire someone with Continental pro license with JPA 15 & JPP 15...If you wonder how I managed to force him to work for me...Well my wife was cheating on me with him according to the news leaking by a journalist who likes me a lot in press conferences and want me to succeed in the League...

Well I have happened to acquire someone with Continental pro license with JPA 15 & JPP 15...If you wonder how I managed to force him to work for me...Well my wife was cheating on me with him according to the news leaking by a journalist who likes me a lot in press conferences and want me to succeed in the League...

Yes, none of this actually happened, did it? Particularly the part about you having a 15/15 member of staff at that level.

Yes, none of this actually happened, did it? Particularly the part about you having a 15/15 member of staff at that level.

I swear on my mother grave that evertying I said is true...Look for Joe Corrigan GK coach...Check his attributes...Me and him are buddies...

I'm playing in the English lower leagues with a large database and Corrigan is nowhere to be seen. Keep taking the tablets, lad.

Not only I have him...I have also his photo since I am using all the photos packs ever published...He is 65 years old...maybe someone else can verify his existance...

I know who he is, he used to be Man City's keeper back in the 70s and 80s, but he retired four years ago after a bust up at Hull City. Perhaps you're playing FM10 and you don't even realise it...

I'm playing Football manager 2015...lad

I haven't tested it yet but on FM14 and FM15, players would constantly join on trial but not be willing to actually discuss a contract. Was a source of great frustration.

I haven't tested it yet but on FM14 and FM15, players would constantly join on trial but not be willing to actually discuss a contract. Was a source of great frustration.

maybe they don't like the area? (or something like that)

I mean, if someone showed interest in me for a career (to the interview stage), then I'd be on the next flight to wherever they were based

If I then turn up and hate the place (maybe I get mugged, or it feels too choatic), then I'm not going to want to discuss terms with them (FM doesn't have the 'I hate this place' reason)

Archived