Any chance of a demo?

They'll probably release a demo when the game officially release.

Its a good game, cheap. They are still making tweaks so if there is something you would like to see changed just suggest it. At it's current state, its still the best hockey sim out there and the fact that they are still making improvements is worth the money itself. The game could potentially be 10x better than what it is now by release which is mind blowing.

I remember seeing the same question on Twitter. The answer given by the SI guys was that a demo won't be available as the game is Early Access: https://twitter.com/eastside_hockey/status/581554919657902080

If you're unfamiliar with the EHM series, you could try the EHM 2007 demo as this will give you a good idea of what the game is like: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=9526

I thought that myself, but figured it was worth asking.

The thing I'm kinda put off on is that I know absolutely nothing about ice hockey(I'd make a Casey Jones joke,but...), though figured I'd give it a spin if there was a way to try it before putting money down due to being skint at the minute, I can't put even a fiver down without it being a surefire like for me.

I'll check out the 2007 demo and see how it goes.

I thought that myself, but figured it was worth asking.

The thing I'm kinda put off on is that I know absolutely nothing about ice hockey(I'd make a Casey Jones joke,but...), though figured I'd give it a spin if there was a way to try it before putting money down due to being skint at the minute, I can't put even a fiver down without it being a surefire like for me.

I'll check out the 2007 demo and see how it goes.

I'm a bit like you Dave, in that I don't know loads about ice hockey but I get enjoyment from the game now and yours and my knowledge of the sport will improve over time!

Yeah, the tactic stuff seems fairly easy to pick up to be honest. It's the squad building that might be a bit trickier(drafts, waivers, etc), though if you've played FM in the MLS you'd likely be grand.

Archived