Is it possible to re-word the text in the sidebar?

mikelfc8

I've had a good look but I can't seem to find this anywhere. I want to re-word the text eg. change Under 18s to Academy and various other stuff. can it be done?

Also, I have managed to resize the text to 8, now how would I go about removing the icons altogether and making the sidebar as narrow as possible with just the text. I have tried the width mod instructions in the sticky thread but all I managed to do was create an icon-only sidebar which is the opposite of what I'm after.

This is my first foray into skinning so i imagine there will be a fair few questions to come.

Renaming is controlled by the game and as far as I am aware not user editable.

You can hide the icons bit it's a bit messy.

First open 'sidebar menu table.xml'

Locate the lines that look like this (there will be three - one for club, one for nations and one for when you are unemployed)

<record width="-1" column_heading="Icon">

and change the -1 to 1 this will make the width of the icon column one pixel wide. (You can change it to a higher number if you need to add some more padding to stop the text being right against the corner).

Next you'll need to edit the actual icons and make them transparent you can do this in two ways, either edit each of the applicable icons in the graphics\icons\26px folder or create one transparent image and then edit the various xml files in the panels\menubar folder and change the file path to point to your new transparent image rather than the default ones.

Archived