Would you say I strengthened this squad?

It's an interesting discussion and some good points raised. If I'm honest, I'd agree with the OP that he has strengthened his squad because he's replaced players with ones that he considers to be better than were sold. Maybe the best way forward would be if the new players were judged after a certain number of games for the club? That way if the new players perform better/worse that the old players, they can be judged on those performances, and that can determine if the squad has been strengthened or not?

It may be vague, and it may not be what you expected, but it is right to say that you did not strengthen. You replaced a player with 4 worse players. Your goalie is upset because he wants to win now, not that you improved potential ability.

The bigger problem for me is how much you could sell Sigthorsson and Ligeon for, unrealistically high amounts.

The player I've brought in have actually really good, especially Ayew who I replaced for Sigborsson, also I'm not sure what you mean by unrealistic amounts, it's not as if they sold for 15m.

It's an interesting discussion and some good points raised. If I'm honest, I'd agree with the OP that he has strengthened his squad because he's replaced players with ones that he considers to be better than were sold. Maybe the best way forward would be if the new players were judged after a certain number of games for the club? That way if the new players perform better/worse that the old players, they can be judged on those performances, and that can determine if the squad has been strengthened or not?

It actually turned out that the player I brought in hit the ground running so this idea could work, however it mostly annoys me that this issue was caused by me selling some youngster who is actually 19 worth 200k and on loan at Vitoria in the Portuguese league.

d7vWAEs.jpg?2

He's the next Nesta :lol: but apparently this is a bug about squad strengthening so that's good news!.

Just interpret it as simulation of the human factor. Cillessen wants you to strengthen the squad. It's not about what you think strengthens the squad, it's about what he thinks does. Apparently he has a really bad ability to judge other players' CA. He perceives Sigthorsson to be a top striker and he judges the replacements you brought in to be worse. Not much you can do about it, but I imagine it must be like this in real life sometimes as well; you don't always have perfect information on what people you are working with are thinking - you must use your people management skills to guess what would appease them.

Archived