Diving - an idea

Possibly an idea for it being in the "preferred moves"?

Theres plenty of players who dive regularly and maybe that should be in their moves. So it's more realistic, they players who tend to dive more often in real life dive more on the game. Instead of any old plum just diving around.

I think it should be more popular in young players too and depends on the coaching. For example ronaldo used to dive a lot when he first came to united, maybe from his coaching. Same with drogba. But due to english coaching they dont do it as often.

Also if you look at the arsenal game the other night when theo took liverpool apart, he had plenty of chances to just fall to the ground, but he didn't. He stood on his feet.

I think that too could be a preferred move, staying on their feet as much as possible/going down easily. Not really diving but if a someone fouled them but they could have stayed up, they could either just fall and take the FK/pen or stay on their feet and carry on.. depending on their moves.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Muncey:

Possibly an idea for it being in the "preferred moves"?

Theres plenty of players who dive regularly and maybe that should be in their moves. So it's more realistic, they players who tend to dive more often in real life dive more on the game. Instead of any old plum just diving around.

I think it should be more popular in young players too and depends on the coaching. For example ronaldo used to dive a lot when he first came to united, maybe from his coaching. Same with drogba. But due to english coaching they dont do it as often.

Also if you look at the arsenal game the other night when theo took liverpool apart, he had plenty of chances to just fall to the ground, but he didn't. He stood on his feet.

I think that too could be a preferred move, staying on their feet as much as possible/going down easily. Not really diving but if a someone fouled them but they could have stayed up, they could either just fall and take the FK/pen or stay on their feet and carry on.. depending on their moves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

totally agree with that

Thanks!

I never really thought about this before, an attribute wouldn't be ideal for me, but I'd defiantly like it to be in the preferred moves.

"Goes down easily" and "Stays on his feet".. or something along those lines.

Not 100% sure on how preferred moves work, can you get them from coaching? Can you get rid of them? Because obviously players as the get older such as Ronaldo and Drogba, they tend to get more professional and dive less so there would need to be a way of getting rid of that preferred move as they get older.

I think this could also branch off for other ideas, the media for example could hassle you about a player regularly diving. Maybe discipline them for diving too.

While I like the idea, I can't help but wonder would it be better to have a hidden attribute along the lines of "Tendency to Cheat". While this may be a bit similar to the "Sportsmanship" attribute already in place, hear me out.

This theoretical attribute could cover all manner of undesirable player behaviour, i.e. Diving, as originally proposed, but also not putting the ball out of play after an opponent has gotten hurt, and feigning injury to waste time at the end of a match.

Could be an interesting addition to the game IMO

Being able to fine players for diving, and other things such as dissent would be a very welcome addition to the game.

I also hate the way you can only fine players when the game lets you on FM2008. I used to fine players if they declared they wanted to leave in the press, and half of the time they accepted the fine. Now I can't do that. icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stormz30000:

Sorry for the double post, but players should have a diving attribute too.

(20 for Ronaldo, Roony, Tevez, Fabregas, Adediehor, Ediedo, Lameman, Hor-ne... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would only presume you are being sarky when you say Wayne Rooney, Carlos Tevez, the mature Ronaldo, and Cesc Fabregas? Especially as you fail to mention nancy boy Torres and Dogbra, Lampard, Joe Cole, need I continue. And to all those anti-Ronaldo green-boys (jealousy is a poor colour on you), sorry you can't accept and enjoy his unbelievable talent.

But yeah, I agree with the OP, I want the fines whenever I like back! Especially for diving, I hate people cheating.

That seems like a good idea, but also i think the likes of C Ronaldo and such should have a "tendancy to dive" attribute, regardless of whether you allow it in your tactics or not.

Similar to a keepers tendancy to punch

For example Ronaldos tendancy to dive may be 18

Stevie G's tendancy to dive may be around 4, only in special cases for a penalty, but not often

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crazychazza:

It would be good if a more mature player reacted badly to it. For example when torres started to dive at the begining of the season Gerrard had a word with him and he stopped - so it was a positive reaction. However it would be could if there would be some negativity between players aswell.... Maybe?

P.S i'm new here :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gerrard of all people? icon_biggrin.gif Almost as bad as when Terry said players need to show referees more respect.

Archived