Strangest Country of Origin

Also, in my PSV save, I got some good Slovenians and Hungarians on my team.:D

Hey...stop calling us slovenians strange :)

Ive had a couple of strange ones. I had a maltese DR who was one of the best players available. (the scouts said not to bother with him but i liked his stats when he was young). I also had an Iranian and two saudi arabia wingers that were brilliant. And a few slovenian wonderkids. That was strange as well :).

Strangest player for me was a goalkeeper from Nepal which is in the middle east I believe. He had around 30 caps for them too.

oh dear :). You north americans and geography. :). I had lots of fun explaining them that slovenia is a country in central africa.

In FM2007 I was managing Newcastle and had a strikeforce consisting of a North Korean and a San Marinese. Both were world-class, and the lad from San Marino had managed to rack up over 100 caps by the time he was 24. Sadly he never made it to an international tournament, though the North Koreans got to the semis in WC 2014.

On my current save, the Cubans are starting to produce really good players. I have a couple in my reserves, which is sort of unrealistic as they'd have to defect first, surely... In fact the North Korean would have, too.

Archived