A Summer Mystery

Why is this guy...

Prince_zps0afd0c5b.png

... playing so well as the right back for my B-team Vetusta in the Spanish Second Division B?

Prince2_zps90dcbbd7.png

He is consistently the best or among the best players in the team, and I am not even in control of it.

Here are a couple of the players he is playing with, and the whole team:

Vetusta_zps1c5d0c19.png

Rodriguez21_zps04e63e6c.png

Ballesteros20_zps4feb53f8.png

So what do you think? Is it some hidden attributes, a genious tactic, luck or pure randomness? Magic!?

It may be an obvious question, (and maybe you can't view them because it's a B Team), but why don't you just look at his match stats and see why his match ratings are so high.

When I have seen a ridiculously high rating like this before posted on the forums, (again it was a full-back), he was averaging something like 14(ish) tackles per game which was boosting his average rating.

See if you can have a look at that.

Yeah I looked at them and both full-backs were highly involved in the game. The league is active yes.

Vetustaratings_zpsce6cf39c.png

This is the latest game. This time the left back got the award and you can see in the team screenshot that his ratings are also "abnormally" high.

Key tackles and especially key headers count for a lot. He also scored, so that obviously hikes the rating up a lot too.

Edit: I looked at the wrong columns! Only 1 key tackle and no key headers. The rating does seem strange.

Key tackles and especially key headers count for a lot. He also scored, so that obviously hikes the rating up a lot too.

Take a look at Omar Bouhadda's performance. He has a goal, an assist, one more run, two more key passes and won just as many headers and tackles - still got 1.9 rating less than him (Ignacio # 4)

Take a look at Omar Bouhadda's performance. He has a goal, an assist, one more run, two more key passes and won just as many headers and tackles - still got 1.9 rating less than him.

I suspect it's because of the poor passing.

Equally odd ratings in this match in my opinion:

Vetustaratings2_zps1591d57a.png

Apparently, apart from the goalscorers everyone were average at best. This is odd because;

Vetustaratings3_zpsb5faa8d8.png

Statswise, Vetusta played an amazing match! They had 18 shots, 10 on goal and 7 blocked... this would mean to me that they had 17 BIG chances to score in the game, 6 of which counted as CCC. In my book that is pretty much ideal, nevermind the possession and poor pass completion in the match overall.

Edit: Benassi is the AMC and evidently Ferrol failed to pick him up all match...

Archived