Queens Park game

Tommyh

Right, I've had a think (and asked the computer to choose for me), and have settled on the mighty Queens Park in the Scottish Second Division....

I'm not really sure how to do screen shots and all that fancy stuff, so if anyone can give me pointers, that would be great.

The Scottish Leagues are all new to me, although I did have a Hibs game a few FMs ago, so the Premiership has been kept a half eye on.

I'm going to try the Athletico Madrid counter attacking formation. Obviously with the poor quality of players and pitches, it wont all be tika taka football, but I'll get as close to it as possible.

Not sure what I'm aiming for just yet, first season will just be figuring out the league and the team. Promotion is a possibility by all accounts though.

I have already sacked most of my background staff but offered two of the better ones diffferent contracts. Namely my assistant is now Under 19s manager. I have also installed a new assistant manager.

Doing screenshots is easier, but I don't know how!!

Got yourself a real challenge their. Queens Park are an amateur based team and most of your players are not on contract, which usually means that any half decent players get snapped off you for nothing from teams around you or above you. However it's a great challenge and it would have done amazingly well if you turned them into the best team in scotland, since they are the oldest team in scotland.

Screenshots don't seem to work for me either, but I upload pics to photobucket, and then add a link. Basically, go onto the screen you want, press either the printscreen button or alt+F9 (is fn+alt+F9 on my laptop). Go to documents - sportsinteractive - FM13/14 (whichever it is) - screenshots, and you'll find it there. Then upload it to photobucket and then link it onto here (using the picture of the world with the sideways 8 on it) and bobs your uncle!

Look forward to reading this though! Shameless plug, but I'm just starting my Basque to basics career as well :brock:

I'm doing the very same challenge and boy it is a challenge.

Just finished season 4.

Season 1 finished bottom of SPL2.

Season 2 finished in playoff places but defeated in semi final.

Season 3 won promotion to SPL1, via the playoffs.

Season 4 just missed out on a playoff place on the last day of the season.

The chairman is a really patient guy so he will give you time to get some results, however, as stated above, every decent player you have will at some time or another get snapped up by another team. But it's all part of the challenge.

May I recommend scouting for loan players. I have at least two in my squad at all times. Queens Park have an affiliation with some clubs so maybe start there first.

Enjoy.

I'm not doing very well at present. Currently sit 8th out of 10 and struggling to score. Will have to rehash my tactics slightly to see what I can change. I still havent worked out how to put up screen shots, even though a couple of people have explained it......(I'm a computer illiterate freak!!). I'll keep perservering and try again later.

So far I've actually surprised myself with my results; sitting pretty in 4th after 7 games (had a little hiatus to celebrate my sister in laws birthday!), and am having more success away from home, than in front of my own crowd.

My first two competitive games were in the Challenge Cup and League Cup. Challenge Cup was away to Rangers (I scratched that off straight away) and lost 4-1. Deservedly so too. However; worse was yet to come, the League Cup was again away at Cowdenbeath and I got thrashed 7-1, my captain getting a mark of 4.7.

In the league, although highly inconsistant,I am beating the teams "around me" to pull me up to a lofty 4th. Heaviest defeat coming to the hands of Albion Rovers.

I also just won in the Scottish Cup 2nd round against Spartans (even though they had 300 players........sorry, I'll get my coat :( )

I have tinkered with my formation ever so slightly and am now more defensive minded and concentrating on counter attacking football. Seems to be working (famous last words!)

With respect to transfers: It's obviously been all free and loan signings. One, Declan McDaid from Partick Thistle, has a potential rating of 5 stars but has been shocking so far. Will stick with him though.

I have tried doing screen shots, but for some reason, the only image it saves is whatever webpage is open. Not sure why. Will keep trying and update again soon :)

Archived