[FM14] Going Home (Local Hero)

Northernpilgrim

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But on the minus side, our indifferent away form continues. We have forgotten how to take 3 points away from London Road. Good job we're near invincible at home, otherwise we'd still be looking nervously over our shoulders, instead of trying to gatecrash the Premier League.

April was pretty good, a disappointing defeat at Birmingham aside, and we finally got the monkey off our backs away from home

Apr2021_zpsff3892e7.png

And we're in the mix for promotion on the final day, in what has to be the tightest promotion race I've ever seen. We could go up automatically, but if results go against us, we might not even be in the playoffs.

Apr2021table_zps2d640faa.png

That depends on how we do in the early part of the season. If we look like making a decent fist of life in the Premier League, I'll tough it out until I'm offered something better. I would say this squad is better than the one I had at Leeds, so I'm more hopeful of mounting a successful survival bid this time around.

Those predicting my Peterborough exit would be proven right

Poshexit_zps176ed1b9.png

Because, on the eve of the first game in the Premier League

USAJob_zpse70b3ed3.png

I didn't apply, but the lure of international football in a World Cup qualifying campaign was too much to resist.

Although there could have been stronger teams drawn in our group, I think we've possibly ended up in the only real 'Group of Death', as all 4 teams probably feel they should be in the second round, yet two of them will miss out. I'm hoping to make the second round, then see how far we can go from there. I'm almost certain that a group stage elimination will result in my sacking.

group A wow. Belgium and Mexico must be happy. Looks like they will be in the quarters fairly easily.

2nd looks doable in your group.

It's funny, every time I've been an international manager on recent FM's, it doesn't matter who I'm in charge of, we end up in a difficult group, and there seems to be one group with no real quality in it. It's going to be a tough campaign, but I'll do my best to get to the second round.

We will face Russia in the second round, which will be a tough game, but if we play as well as we did against Germany, we could win. If we play like we did against Peru, where we were fortunate not to get beaten, we'll definitely be going home.

England outclassing Argentina was a surprise, as was Chile dumping out France. Germany won the battle of Europe's heavyweights easily, whilst holders Brazil were embarrassed by Switzerland. Holland ensured that Africa's wait for a winner will go on.

Fancy losing to Norwich.
I don't quite know how to read Norwich. They're really struggling in the Premier League, but flying in Europe. If I were Chris Hughton, I'd be willing to sacrifice the Europa League to concentrate on the Premier League. But then again, maybe the fact they are still in with a shout of winning a European trophy is all that is keeping him in a job.

Cracking month in the league, KUTGW mate :thup:
Thanks :) I'm getting a bit frustrated that we keep building up leads and blowing or nearly blowing them. We led Elche 3-0, and the same against Granada and Zaragoza. We also blew a 2-0 lead the month before in losing to Lokomotiv Moscow, but luckily ended up going through in second place.

Archived