[FM14] Going Home (Local Hero)

Northernpilgrim

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should have been so much better as well. We led in the Cambridge and York games, battering Cambridge without getting a second goal to kill them off, and conceding one on the break, and against York we conceded an own goal in the last few minutes that only Emilson Cribari, the defender who put it in the net, knows what he was trying to do. I certainly have no idea!!

You can bounce back if you can refocus properly. I remember having spent a few seasons with Newcastle Town in League One I got relegated. I regrouped, refocused and smashed every record under the sun in winning League Two that next season.

You can bounce back if you can refocus properly. I remember having spent a few seasons with Newcastle Town in League One I got relegated. I regrouped, refocused and smashed every record under the sun in winning League Two that next season.

I think we can definitely challenge for promotion, but we're so hamstrung by the repayments on the loan emanating from the Administration and subsequent CVA, just as in real life, we don't have the financial firepower that we should have. If we can get to League 1 (and stay there), when the loans are finished I should have a budget to really push on and get back to the Championship.

Thanks b101. I'm hoping we can continue to challenge at the top end of the division, and that the Peter Crouch signing works out for us. I'm not sure how much longer I'll stay at Argyle, will probably look to move on if we go up this season, but will likely stay if we don't go up. As for it being a career that isn't all success, none of mine are EVER all success! :lol:

The Blackpool game was obviously hugely disappointing, but my job after that was to ensure morale didn't drop, as success in the cup isn't a priority, I need to get promoted to League 1 again. The performances against Gillingham and Rochdale were excellent. I'm proud of how the players did against Dagenham, as despite the defeat, we were reduced to 9 men for a long spell and did very well to limit them to 2 goals. The Southend result was disappointing, but there was nothing wrong with the performance, just one of those games that happens sometimes. Would be nice if we won one in similar circumstances though....

Good to see you back on the rise after that horrible season. Nice to see a career where it isn't just success - fingers crossed you can put that right this season :)

Have a read of mine. Thirty three seasons and I've still not touched the top division.

March was always going to be make or break month, given the number of matches we were scheduled to play, and it went pretty well.

March16_zps656e0cf5.png

And we're guaranteed a playoff spot, but more importantly, in with a shot of the title

March16table_zpsabbf2ada.png

It could have been better, but could also have been worse. We led Exeter 2-0, but then trailed 3-2 before getting a barely deserved equaliser. We also pinched a late, but deserved, winner at home to Rochdale.

There are quite a few players out of contract at the end of the season, and many of them are not of sufficient quality for League 1, so I am going to have to do a fairly drastic overhaul of the squad to have a realistic chance of a decent season. Failing that, I'll look to move on. After all, I've now done 3 seasons, and we've been promoted or relegated in all of them.

The results don't tell the full story though. We blew a 2-0 lead against Stevenage, and did it again against Derby. Yeovil scored a late, slightly fortunate goal, so the month could have gone much better. I'm either going to get another job or the sack, as I can't find a way to turn this around :(

After three and a half years in the Argyle hotseat, it has become apparent that we just don't have the resources to attract players to the club to compete in League 1, and I don't want another relegation. I'm hoping to get a new challenge quickly.

The bookies have us pegged to struggle this season (understandable given how badly they struggled before my arrival last season), but I'm confident, especially if I can add 1 more decent striker, probably on loan, that we can finish in the top 10.

Archived