You're not gonna believe this. He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator II

Dexter_Morgan

Logo_FC_Red_Star_Belgrade.svg.png

Red Star Belgrade - July - August 2023

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

cl_group.jpg

Managers Thoughts

Pretty happy that we are picking results up but not so happy with the performances so far, obviously with the amount of new players in it will take a while to get the performances to scratch but i'm just hoping we can step up in Europe as it isn't an ideal group to be in whilst we are in transition. We are up against 3 very good sides so even if we only finish 3rd in this group it wouldn't be a disaster for one season.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers lads, I was shocked that Driussi would be interested in coming to the club and as soon as I found out there was a chance I knew I had to try and get him. It was Benfica where he previously was after leaving River and then Barca. I haven't got the best out of him yet I feel but he is starting to show what he his capable of in recent games and he has earnt a recall to the national side.

Red Star Belgrade - September - December 2023

fixtures.jpg

fixtures_2.jpg

table.jpg

cl_group.jpg

Managers Thoughts

It has been a strange season so far, I feel the players are just about doing enough at this stage to win games but we aren't doing it particularly well in terms of performances. I think maybe I haven't helped matters a little because I am trying to give all the outfield players game time so maybe the gelling has taken a little longer due to not having a settled a 11, but I felt I had to give everyone a chance.

I already know that there will be 4 coming in to the side next season, 1 certain transfer and I am promoting 3 youngsters after showing good progress in the reserves.

We face a tough test against Real in the 1st CL knockout but if we keep up our fine home record so far in the competition then we do stand a chance against against anyone just as we have shown so far this season and also in the past 2 seasons.

I may try a more attacking 4-2-3-1 in league games now to try and get the goals tally up a little, the tactic I have been using has been pretty much as good as it can be in Europe though so not going to take a chance there.

I've decided i'll be adding top flights in Austria, Belgium, Holland, Portugal and Switzerland at the end of this season, I did mention earlier I was considering it to boost the number of regens coming through that are a little easier to get. I didn't really want to do this as my playing time is a bit limited these days and obviously 5 extra leagues will slow it down a little but there isn't really anybody of note bar the odd exception coming through from these nations where in reality these are the sort of countries that do pop up the gems and are obtainable at a decent price in a lot of cases so i'll give it 5 years of having them loaded and see how it goes. There is also another side to adding these nations where there is a possibility it'll make it harder for Iron Curtain nations whilst these leagues are playable but I feel i'll have to take the risk on it.

Red Star Belgrade - February - May 2024

fixtures.jpg

fixtures_2.jpg

table.jpg

cup_final.jpg

cl_final.jpg

driussi.jpg

miguel.jpg

draskic.jpg

record.jpg

Managers Thoughts

This season was completed nearly a week ago but had decided on a FM break for a few days the moment it was completed so it is a bit difficult to recall everything that went on now.

What I do recall is that we deserved to win the CL, there was only one leg in the entire knockout we got lucky and that was at Real Madrid. We deserved to go out in that 2nd leg as they had chance after chance but to be fair we had the same go against us in the 1st tie.

I was really disappointed in our league form in all honesty, especially before the winter break. There were a number of new players coming in to the side but I think I even touched on it before the break but we were really struggling to teams off. The talent on show in that side should still have been doing better going forward, the back 5 settled straight away and I have nothing but praise for that part of the side, thankfully after the break there were signs of improvement though so it bodes well for the future.

I had initially decided to resign after this season as soon ago as me beginning this post, but after seeing the coefficients now I think it would be wrong not to do one more season at the club because this side will get tore straight apart which kind of defeats the object of the save, I need to try and have another good season and build on the CL win for one thing but also make sure there is enough potential to keep this club strong for a few years afterwards because this has been 3 seasons of really hard work with the aim of European semi's and finals to make this a strong nation as it has been the first country in the save i've been to with the potential to progress as long as it was managed correctly.

I will leave at the end of the upcoming season no matter how well it goes though, but having learnt from last years thread I don't want to keep going to bigger sides in nations already in the top 20, my idea is to play as sides ranked from 3rd down in those types of nations for the rest of the career because with any luck the sides that already are bigger will keep progressing too, obviously in smaller nations I will consider top sides or at least sides with facilities in place so I invest on players rather than the rest.

Another idea I have is rather than just get to 70 like the planned age last time and pack it in is to add a new manager if it looks like things need more time. I did make mistakes last time obviously by going to Asia for a few years which isn't going to happen again and I was a bit too fussy about the clubs I was going for and often wasting 6-9 months on holiday waiting for a club but that won't be the case this time.

I'd love that to be the case :) I'm working on his composure until Christmas and getting his mentals up through tutoring, I have him and 2 other forwards who I have high hopes for and one of the things I will before I leave is give them really good contracts in the hope at least one will stay for a few years, in fact I had one signing already arranged in January and Driussi's long term replacement has been brought in for £6.75M over the summer so for the time being i'm going to stick with that in order to save money to offer better contracts for the spine of the side before I leave next July. If I could snatch a pair of full backs and a DM from somewhere before I leave i'd be delighted tbh because I get the feeling I want to to move to a lesser division and any signings/contract extensions I make this year wouldn't hamper my next side in the short to medium term.

Draskic - what great stats for a 15 year old :eek:

He was only 15 for about a month but even so he looks like he could be something special :)

Only four defeats all season - that's a top effort :thup:

I didn't even realise that :D The defence were superb all year to be fair to them, for all my moaning about the front players the back (and to an extent the DM's) did their jobs superbly

Co-efficients

rankings.jpg

qual_places.jpg

red_star.jpg

Some good rises and a few small drops amongst this years rankings, thankfully though we have 3 nations in the top 10 now and 2 more that are closing in on the top 10. Serbia getting in to the top 10 made my mind up to stay at Red Star for 1 more year and see if with the extra European slot plus the 3 signings i've made try and establish the division there.

Tycoon Watch

Bohemians 1905 - Spent a bigger than usual £4.4M and made it in to 2nd and won the cup for the 3rd season in a row so there is signs of progress each year, it's just a shame the division keeps falling down the ratings over the past few years after being close to the top 10 5 seasons ago.

CS U Craiova - Spent big this summer for a team in that division (£16M) and won the title back after missing out last year. The lost the cup final.

FK Ibar Rozaje - Spent £830k which was more than the previous season where they managed 4th but somehow dropped down to 8th

Jihlava - Spent just short of £1M and dropped a place to 3rd

WIT - Georgia - Spent £800k and finished 4th again

Former Club Watch

KS Elbasani - Finished 6th

FBK Kaunas - Finished 2nd missing out on the title on the final day to the winners

Haladas - Failed in Europe really but they completed a domestic treble. I really felt this side would suffer after I left because it was far from like the side I inherited at Red Star even after me improving them each year but thankfully they are doing fine without me.

Not to echo others too much, but sweet Jesus... Draskic...

It's hard not to get carried away with him :D I certainly can't remember a regen being as good as he is at any youth intake for any club i've been at for as long i've been playing the game, that's why I wasn't afraid to chuck him for the last few games of the season and hopefully he'll get a good amount of starts this season too fitness permitting.

de_la_rosa.jpg

in-bang.jpg

yilmaz.jpg

transfers.jpg

It was an expensive but not too disruptive transfer window (it hasn't finished yet but they are the only deals this summer) and I feel that we are even stronger than last season now. In-Bang (great name :D) was brought in because I felt we needed shaking up a little in terms of going forward and his pace alone never mind his attributes should really add to the goals for column either as a forward or more likely a wide man.

De la Rosa was a relatively cheap signing I feel considering how good he is and the division he came from, my initial plan was to get a back up full back with potential but when he popped up in a report I knew I had to get him.

Lastly Yilmaz, I have been after a young AMC for 2-3 seasons now and whilst i've had players interested i've never been able to agree a reasonable fee (£15M+ for 16/17 olds has been ridiculous amounts even if the money has been there) so to get one with a really good potential for so cheap (minimum release I paid) made this signing an easy one for me to make.

As the new season draws close I feel this club is in the best possible shape now, we are only really lacking a reserve keeper and maybe a right back otherwise everything is covered with youth and established back up. I am probably not going to resolve those problems myself as i've spent most of the kitty and want to leave some for the new manager, if someone comes along that I feel is a good long term option though it may be possible i'll change my mind on that, especially now we have 2 non EU spots free.

EDIT: As I say that a right back from Brazil i've spent 2 years chasing is out of contract in 6 months time so i'm working on bringing him in :D

Red Star Belgrade - August - September 2024

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

super_cup.jpg

group_stage.jpg

Managers Thoughts

I've decided to let us play a little more openly at least until Christmas and see how it goes, so far the signs are encouraging but i'm still working a few tweaks on the tactic.

The win against PSG was pretty good, we should have maybe scored a 2nd goal but the main thing is we held on. Considering we were seeded 1st we got a tough CL group but i'm confident enough in the players to get through it.

'Panupong In-Bang' - I can almost hear a very high pitched voice using that as a joke door bell tone...
That has to count as one of the strangest names I've ever seen, just like a certain 15yr old everyone's raving about looks like one of the best potentially.

I don't think i've seen a stranger name in the game, certainly not in a save of my own :D

You know, I've just been thinking about how much one of the Belgrade clubs would take my fancy some day.

I've always been a Red Star man since knowing of their connection in the Munich disaster and the class they have shown since (even on the 50th anniversary they dedicated the front page of their website to it) so never managed as Partizan but I have managed other Serbian clubs in Gundo's challenge on here and i've found it fun. Having only the 3 year wait for players to become citizens did help (though that is even more relaxed with them joining the EU), the other thing is you can find some really exceptional Serbians at other clubs too. If you get a chance to play with any side in Serbia i'd say definitely give it a go :thup:

Red Star Belgrade - October - December 2024

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

group_stage.jpg

cwc.jpg

Managers Thoughts

I'm a bit unsure on this new tactic, it started off reasonably well but we have struggled recently (though that could be down to the dreaded turning the game off when you are on a roll :D), but coming in to the business end of the season especially being my last I am going to go back the previous tactic just to make sure we are solid at the back.

Getting another trophy under our belt was a nice bonus, it's a shame any chance of a clean sweep went with our defeat in the Serbian cup but I had to prioritize the league and CL so it was a bit of a lucky dip how that game went, at least I can leave the country having that trophy to my name though after last seasons win.

Obvious aim for the rest of the season is try and regain the league and see how far we can get in the CL, we play Shaktar next in that comp so under the circumstances it isn't the worst draw we could have got for finishing 2nd in the group.

Red Star Belgrade - February - May 2025

fixtures.jpg

fixtures_2.jpg

table.jpg

cl_final.jpg

draksic.jpg

As a lot of people were interested I thought I should show his progression so far and after being tutored by Driussi he's come on a long way in a year scoring some important goals for us, i'll be looking at taking him to my next club.

driussi.jpg

He missed the first 3 months through injury but when he came back he was without a doubt our best player, absolutely outstanding.

inbang.jpg

Started most games on the right wing so deserves a mention because it was a fantastic return in terms of goals for him, he'd have been my player of the year any other other season.

bogucanin.jpg

This lad much like Draksic last year looks the real deal, i'll be looking out for his development but in the 5 1st team games he's started he managed an average rating of 7.14 which is impressive at 15 years old.

alimpijevic.jpg

Another forward from our conveyor belt, might not end up as good as some of the others but the potential is there with him.

Managers Thoughts

Delighted with the end of our season, I played the first 2 months with last years tactic and it wasn't really working so after the 1-1 at Old Trafford I reverted to the more attacking line up and it worked wonders beating United 7-2 at home and all but clinching the title with a 9-2 against 2nd placed Rad.

I enjoyed this season more than any other so far in my career and i've been really tempted to stay on one more year but I know that i'll be leaving the club in a really strong position and i've handed out contracts to all the players in a bid to make it difficult for the side to immediately be split up. I've also signed a couple of kids for the future for under a million to try and keep them ticking over. I have accepted an offer to go elsewhere (delayed though) but there is a couple of interesting sides that may become available including one of the tycoon sides so I will see how the next few weeks pan out and reveal what I am going to do in a while

Co-efficients

co_effs.jpg

Good improvements this time around with 4 nations now in the top 4, my next job is possibly in one of the 3 nations remaining though ideally i'd want a move to somewhere outside of them for now and get there for my next job.

Tycoon Watch

Bohemians 1905 - Champions after only spending £3M

CS U Craiova - Spent £2M and finished 2nd

FK Ibar Rozaje - Spent £1.1M to win the title.

Jihlava - Spent £2.4M and finished 5th

WIT - Georgia - Seem to love that 4th spot even after spending £1.7M last season

Former Club Watch

KS Elbasani - Just about finished above the relegation zone in 9th

FBK Kaunas - Finished 4th and currently in 2nd this year

Haladas - League and League cup double as they continue to dominate the division winning it by 22 points this year

Got a tough choice here. I had initially planned to go CSKA Moscow who have been struggling in recent years but I remembered last year I went from Red Star to Spartak Moscow and didn't really want to go to the same city straight away this year. Anyway i've been offered the Granit and BATE jobs in Belarus and like the challenge of both for different reasons.

Granit are 2nd in the division and have a big chance of winning the league, they have not been in contention at any point during the save for the title until this year and it is a decent budget I have (£3.5M).

BATE are in 7th but not that far from a European spot and are in the Europa this year, the budget is less but the facilities are in place and they haven't won the league for 6 years so it wouldn't be like I was taking the easy option if I go there.

Think i'll have to toss a coin over this :D

Hranit_Mikashevichy.png

Chapter V: Granit Mikashevichi

granit.jpg

facilities.jpg

squad.jpg

savechenko.jpg

table.jpg

Managers Thoughts

It was a tough choice between Granit and BATE but it wasn't the league positions that made my mind up but a case of Granit's lack of facilities meaning that if I build them up then along with the other couple of sides with a good infrastructure it could end up being a decent league in years to come which is obviously the aim of the save and the way I intend to carry on with it (there may be the odd exception though).

I am happy with the choice of country, it was on my to do list last year as I wanted to overhaul tycoon owned FC Minsk's dominance but the chance never came. There is no set amount of years with Granit bar the 5 year rule, I know i'll not win the CL with them (and probably my next 2/3 clubs) in that time but I do intend to make them as strong as possible for the future so the club can produce it's own players as this is a hard league to make strong due to only 5 foreigners allowed in the starting XI, but i'm looking forward to it.

One thing in my favour is I can get Russians in and they won't count against the foreigner rule so in terms of playing staff I could potentially get a few in from Russia with potential and look at good players from weaker leagues to make the 5 foreigners up. I've already had a look at RGOUR Minsk and just like last years save they don't seem to create quite the same standard of youngsters they have in previous FM's, there is one or 2 there that I am looking at but their CA are very low according to reports so i'm unsure on taking a risk when funds are a little tight.

Champions of Europe again! A great way to bow out :thup:

Looking forward to your Belorussian adventure!

Cheers mate :) I'm looking forward to it too, was a hard choice to pick Granit over BATE as long term that would have been easier due to their rep but I really wanted a Haladas type challenge where all I want is to build a club for the future rather than the present and i'll try the same with most sides I take on after this. I do at one point want to go to Skonto Riga, Sheriff Tiraspol and one of either FK Mladost or FK Buducnost in Montenegro because they are somewhere different and I think that would be fun hopefully making them progress.

Red Star as always was fun and it was tempting to do one last year but the potential with that side was always there which made my job a little easier. I left that club with £40M to spend on transfers, new contracts for every important player in that squad and as the 7th best team in the world so i'm happy with the shape I have left them but I can see a few players leaving in the next year if a side from a bigger nation comes after them as I expect (I was refusing offers of £5M+ at one point for a kid that never played for me) but I really couldn't do any more there with that side.

Hranit_Mikashevichy.png

Granit Mikashevichi August - December 2025

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

mikhnyuk.jpg

chumakov.jpg

valadzko.jpg

finances.jpg

Managers Thoughts

That is my worst title win ever, in fact I hardly want to take any credit for it at all we were that bad (especially in the first 6/7 league games). There is a few factors for why we were that bad though, firstly the side had been playing 3-4-2-1 and I ripped that apart in mid season so obviously it was going to be difficult for the players, the other main one is that horrendous run of games where we kept losing players to injury but i'll be honest and if any of the other sides in the top 4 had got a run of any kind together we would never have won it. Even though we had lots of things against us we were extremely lucky.

That's enough of the negativity :D Seeing as we have won it this is a fantastic and earlier than expected opportunity to build the club up, there's been a few signings so far but I want to improve the midfield and defence, we do have a Russian coming in the summer but i'm looking for something to get this coming season off to a good start. The 5 foreigner rule is only in the starting XI and doesn't affect how many we can have in the squad so this looks like the best way to improve, we only have 2/3 in the squad at the minute so up to 8 is feasible especially with Europe in mind but this all depends on wages as I have 5 certain targets but i'm waiting to see if I can get the wage budget improved to be able to afford them (this also means running the risk of other clubs snapping them up while I wait so i've been extensively checking reports out which is taking forever :D)

Not really got an aim for this season until i'm done with the dealings, I think no matter who we get in it's going to be tough as there are certainly better starting XI's in the division and if they get their act together this year then 4th will probably be our best hope. I really do want us to have a good start because as soon as Europe comes along the league will go out of the window in order for us to make as much money as possible from it as there is next to nothing in terms of prize money for the division (We paid out £60k more than we won this season)

Hranit_Mikashevichy.png

Granit Mikashevichi March - May 2026

transfers.jpg

larrson.jpg

dahl.jpg

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

cup_final.jpg

Managers Thoughts

I didn't see this coming, if it wasn't for winning the cup i'd probably be out of a job. I was on very insecure going in to it and jumped up to stable after it. I really can't put a finger on what has gone wrong, the tactic just doesn't seem to work at all with this side despite being successful with every other side, especially for times when we may not be the strongest in the division but it has snuck us results. I don't know how I can change things at the minute, going more attacking is probably my best bet and hope for the best :D The quality of signings brought in should really have improved us but there again it is possible that last season (with the start especially) was a freak and the squad wasn't as good as the table suggested and it needs a massive overhaul.

Whatever the case is I will try and battle this out, I certainly won't be walking as I am the one that is responsible at the end of the day and I really want to turn this around. I thought the new signings would have helped quite a lot as 3 are in the 1st team but it seems they are struggling too. I have a few Russians coming next month to boost the defence and midfield so as long as I can keep my job I am hoping that will steady us from then onwards.

Didn't have too much trouble anyway.

I knew something wasn't right last season and it has been proved with the way this one has gone so far, it needs an overhaul but there just isn't the money there to do it.

Still managed to get good signings like Dahl on a free. Surely the squad isn't that poor, being title winners and all.

Center back and left wing we are certainly lacking, the keeper is aging and although he has 4 stars he is lacking in agility and command of area. I'm convinced this side is better than how it is playing but just can't get a tactic to suit them which of course is affecting morale so struggling to get any rhythm in the side at all. I don't think I can really do much more other than plod on and hope we pick up a bit form soon.

Co-efficients

comps.jpg

Some slight improvements and some set backs, nothing is overly drastic though with the positions.

Tycoon Watch

Bohemians 1905 - Champions again, only spent £1M

CS U Craiova - Spent £5M and regained their title, lost in the cup final.

FK Ibar Rozaje - Spent £775k and finished runners up in both the league and cup

Jihlava - Spent £2.7M and finished 4th

WIT - Georgia - Finished 5th spending £235k

Lokomotiv 1926 (Plovdiv) - I can't remember if I posted this but it happened late November (2025) and they spent £3.75M in the next window to finish 8th, they would have been 6th if the league hadn't split in two.

Former Club Watch

KS Elbasani - Relegated

FBK Kaunas - Finished 3rd and currently in 7th this year but not far off 2nd if they can get a run together.

Haladas - League and cup double

Red Star Belgrade - Won the league, cup, CWC, European Super cup all comfortably but lost out in the CL quarters to Man City

Hranit_Mikashevichy.png

Granit Mikashevichi - June - August 2026

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

Managers Thoughts

Maybe there is some life in this side after all. A poor start to the period seen us hover around 8th but we have really picked ourselves up in recent weeks after looking like we'd struggle to even make the championship half of the table. Obviously there is a long way to go yet but 3rd spot from this position isn't impossible if we keep up anything like our recent form going for the last 10 games.

Hranit_Mikashevichy.png

Granit Mikashevichi - September - October 2026

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

Managers Thoughts

There is a reason why this Granit update is so short, read below...

job_offer.jpg

400px-NK_%C5%A0iroki_Brijeg.svg.png

Chapter VI: NK Siroki Brijeg

siroki.jpg

facilities.jpg

squad.jpg

masek.jpg

start.jpg

Managers Thoughts

From the outside this may look like a case of me throwing my toys out of the pram because things weren't going my way on the pitch. The truth is I was willing to carry on with the job as it was a good challenge trying to turn things around but on the European transfer deadline I lost 3 players for fees under £1M, 2 of those players were really important for the side and another was one of the kids from last years intake. This was done above my head with no time to replace them. Even then I had planned to carry on and see what I could do in the pre season to replace them but out of nowhere the Brijeg job was offered to me and I thought sod it, I wouldn't mind a crack at a division i've never managed in before and would be rare for this section, so here I am.

I am looking forward to this in a funny way, I have no idea of how long I want to stay but this club has potential to be better than it is in European terms so i'm going to try and overhaul the points difference and win the title and see how it goes from there.

Probably a good idea given you didn't seem to be enjoying Granit.

I will try and have another crack at Belarus but for whatever reason nothing was going right at Granit. The board certainly didn't help and that is frustrating as in real life i'd have proved myself in previous jobs that I could get the club heading in the right direction. God knows why my tactics didn't work there either, i've gone to Siroki Brijeg and used the same tactic and we are flying so far, it's just a shame the winter break may disrupt that.

NK Siroki Brijeg - October 2026 - March 2027

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

pamic.jpg

stankovic.jpg

Managers Thoughts

Very happy with the start as I didn't expect it to start as well has it has but the players have took to the style superbly so far. The majority of the starting XI seem to be the best in the league but I made a decision in the transfer window that the majority of foreign players are going to be sold in the summer as they are more or less at their peak or slowly declining so with that in mind I splashed the cash a little on youngsters from various parts of the world who are either close to the level I already have or are better in some cases.

If you have read previous careers of mine you know I always try and go with youth anyway but in this case I felt it was important than ever to go down this route because for some reason I think I am at a club that can really progress if treated right and there is already a possibility in my mind that this could be a club where I break my 5 year rule if European success feels close, obviously that is not set in stone because if it is too easy domestically then there is the chance I will get bored :D But unless a job I can't refuse comes up then I fully intend on building this side and the division up. In fact if money allows then i'll be buying a lot more young players and loaning them out to help other clubs in the division as well as myself for long term. I have managed a 2nd improvement on youth recruitment and a boost for junior coaching which should help a lot come next season, if we win the league i'll try for training facility boosts as well as the board are really good at accepting things I ask of them so far which is good after the Granit disaster :D

This is potentially big in the save with Russia being 6th in the co-efficients and it already being a decent side, if they manage to move up a spot and finish 3rd I can see them being a handful in Europe next year (too late for them to sign players now)

tycoon.jpg

Belarusian Highest League - such a **** name :D

Do they have a Lowest League?

God knows :D I know the 2 divisions down are first league and second though :D

Finished the season, can't be bothered with the write up or playing any more tonight so will do tomorrow :D

NK Siroki Brijeg - April - May 2027

fixtures.jpg

table.jpg

talic.jpg

yanochkin.jpg

Managers Thoughts

Pretty simple end of the season with the players being on top of their game for the most part which is good but also concerning in terms of it being so easy because it means for a while at least the division will be relying on us to do well in Europe in order to boost the divisions rep. As I mentioned in a previous post one way I aim to make it stronger is to get youngsters in and loan them out once finances can cover that. I was probably a bit stupid in getting the youth and training facilities boosted once the season was done as it means we are now in the red and hoping for an easy passage to the CL group to get the money back. Thankfully it is only £140k in the red at the moment but we are relying on getting there now.

Archived