4231 (3 x amc's) Tactic help

I am in my third season in game, first season as a premiership team after gaining promotion.

I was playing a simple 442 with attacking wingers and wingbacks and i romped to winning 7 out of my first 8 games scoring more than 3 goals a game and conceding about 1 goal a game. Impressive start, but i knew with the players I had that this could not last.

Indeed it did not..................

My next 10 games, i only won two of them, conceding far more and scoring far less. Thankfully my club had a takeover and i was able to buy in some better quality players.

So now I am looking to change my system, the players I have would suit a 4231 formation, using 3x AMC's

The style I Favour my team playing is a high tempo, quick transition from defence to attack whilst equally prepared to pass it around patiently when required. I favour heavy pressing high up the pitch (think Pochettino's Southampton, or Marcelo Bielsa teams).

At the moment I'm playing attacking, fluid, pushed up defense, play wider, tight marking, get stuck in, hit early crosses. play ball out from defense.

I'm wondering how I go about using 3 AMC's in my team? I have both a target man striker type, or a fast athletic type striker I can use with them.

If i think to IRL with the current Southampton side, the width in the team seems to be provided by the two very attack minded fullbacks. I have fullbacks that are very capable of this also.

Ive been trying the following player roles:

GK - sweeper keeper support

RB - fullback support

LB - fullback support

CB - central defender defend

RMC - deep lying playmaker defend

LMC - central midfielder support

RAMC - Attacking midfielder support

LAMC - Attacking midfielder support

AMC - Enganche

STR - Advanced forward attack

Please help me in fine tuning a 4231 system as per above. As i'm not having much luck so far. What team / player instructions should I be using? Your advice will help me greatly

I'm having a lot of success with

GK - sweeper keeper support

RB - Wingback Attack

LB - Wingback Attack

CB - central defender Cover

DMRC - Half Back

DMLC - Regista

RAMC - Attacking midfielder Attack

AMC - Advanced playmaker - Support

LAMC - Attacking midfielder Attack

STR - Complete forward attack

However, I play a more patient control game. Though when things haven't been working I have switch to a higher tempo less shorter passing game and it has often worked well.

I play wider and push higher up but exploit the middle. I also play tighter marking, get stuck in and hassle opponents.

It works for me so feel free to give it a try if you like.

I do however have a significantly different strategy away from home so you may need to modify for away games.

Good luck

I must ask how come you used to play a very wing-focused system, and now play the opposite, through the centre? Have you signed so many players now this transfer window? That upsets the balance? I don't know anything about your squad or players to be able to offer help.

You simply do not have enough players on attack. No one supporting the CF in the box for crosses as they will all be deeper due to the support roles. Change the full backs to wing backs as full backs will give you width within the team and more attacking threat that full backs do not offer. Play wider and exploit middle. Cross more often is something which will be useful if you can get players driving into the box.

Ive changed the Enganche for a Shadow Striker, and I've changed my fullbacks to wingbacks, support. Perhaps i should change these to attack but was wary of doing so as I play no DMC's , but MC'S instead. Reason for this is because I want them pressing higher up the pitch. Ive changed / added the following team instructions: exploit middle, work ball into box.

I must ask how come you used to play a very wing-focused system, and now play the opposite, through the centre? Have you signed so many players now this transfer window? That upsets the balance? I don't know anything about your squad or players to be able to offer help.

I had a very limited budget for players, was playing wingers but the players I was using werent natural in that position, in addition to that i was playing two strikers up front together as they were both in exceptional form.

At present my first team is:

GK, Jake kean:

LB, Luke Shaw, Lee Wallace (bought from Rangers)

RB, Matthews (bought from Celtic) / Byram

CB, Doria, Lees

CB, Wilson (bought from Hearts), Boyata

MC, Zucculini, Gunnarson (bought from Cardiff)

MC, Ward Prowse

AMC L , Denis Praet,

AMC R, Ross Barkley,

AMC, Haillovic (bought from Dinamo),

STR, Finnbogasson / Cornelius

Archived