[FM14] Forever in Blue Jeans

joshpmilton

2016/17 - January Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

National Championship - H 1st Phase

Louletano_ResultsJanuary.png

Quick month as we played a single competitive match where we put in a subpar performance against Moura.

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewProfile-1.png

Next Month

Louletano_FixturesFebruary.png

I have no idea what to expect going into the Promotion Stage. In theory this should be like playing Braga every week, which if that's anything to go by means we're going to get hammered in each game. At this point I'll take not finishing bottom of the group, although I don't know if that's the kind of thing that'll get me sacked. I guess I'll find out soon enough!

2016/17 - February Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

National Championship Promotion Stage Group B

Louletano_ResultsFebruary.png

We started our first campaign in the Promotion Stage with tricky games against Premier League reserve sides with Braga who've got the best of us in the 1st Phase and got to follow that up with an away game at Benfica B. It's at times like this you begin to realise what a task you have trying to get a side like Louletano to progress beyond this level. Even if we manage to get to the Promotion Stage we've top European club reserve sides to navigate. We put in our most competitive performance against Braga for a few games, but still it wasn't enough and they took yet another three points from us. We probably played worse against Benfica in the next game but dug deep and managed to grab a draw from a goal down. We trailed early on against Real but goals either side of half time gave us a much needed win in this phase of the season against a side that had also struggled to make its mark.

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewStagesFebruary.png

Next Month

Louletano_FixturesMarch.png

We start March with the first of many away games coming up as we travel to Juventude Évora. Maritomo are the only opposition we'll face at home between now and the 16th April with four consecutive away games from March into mid-April. I'd be happy with five points from these four games as whilst these involve some of the weaker fixtures the bulk of them are are from home. Two draws & win (preferably better) would represent a decent month.

2016/17 - March Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

Louletano_MarchResults.png

As you might be able to tell from the results it was a tight month with very little in games. We were disappointing at Juventude Évora and only wholesale changes just after half time prompted a comeback. However, once we got going we should have won that game. We carried that momentum into the Maritimo B match and picked up a vital home win before heading to top of the table Aliados Lordelo who battered us for 93 minutes. Fortunately we didn't give up and António Peixoto scored a tap in on 94 minutes to give us a draw we didn't deserve. Finally we just ran out of puff away at Torreense and although we put in a good effort we eventually just couldn't keep up and fell to a lateish goal.

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewStagesMarch.png

We're not the worst team in the group, which as far as I'm concerned is a strong showing.

Next Month

Louletano_FixturesApril.png

The end of our tough away run is now in sight although we have to navigate Braga B once again - if there is one thing I know about this fixture is that it results in goals. Beyond that we have three winnable games that could help us claim a top half finish in the group, which I think is about as good as we can achieve this year.

Youth Candidates

LouletanoYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers.png

Another good recruitment round for us this season with the worst player being better than the usual dross that I get through elsewhere. Some of these players will probably drop straight into the first team squad at some point next season.

2016/17 - April Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

Louletano_ResultsApril.png

Just awful. We forgot how to defend and got rightly destroyed firstly by Braga, but worse we were torn apart by Real despite their lowly position in the group. It appears our 532 doesn't work at this level and had been found out. I played around a little bit for the Benfica B game and whilst we improved our defence we never really looked like scoring, which has been a problem all season. Something I have noticed from FM14 so far is incredibly harsh match ratings. Despite finishing second in our group I don't think I had a single player with an average rating in the 7s, which seems crazy to me. I changed things around a little more for the Juventude Évora match changing to a 4-1-3-1-1 and this resulted in a much improved performance and a goal of the month award for Ricardo Maneta.

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewStagesApril.png

Next Month

Louletano_FixturesMay.png

It's the final month of the season and it's been a tough learning curve for us in with the big boys. Unfortunately the worst may not be over as we face two sides still hoping to earn promotion at the end of the season. We could make it if we win all of our remaining games and the others lose theirs.

Well it's still decent progress.

Oh, for sure. I'm delighted we made it to the promotion stage; it's just been a bit of an eye opener as to how good you need to be to take a team from competitive in your group to potenital Second League quality.

2016/17 - May Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

Louletano_ResultsMay.png

Well we certainly picked up over the final few weeks of the season. After winning the final game of April we then went on a mini run until the end of the season despite facing some very tough opposition. It appears the 41311 formation suits Ricardo Maneta very well as he found some form immediately after the switch. The most pleasing result of the month was the home win over Aliados Loredelo following some needle pre-match with their coach who criticised my young squad. I wasn't having that so called him out for having a dig at a bunch of young players making their way in the game. As it turns out Aliados just needed a point from the game to confirm themselves as group winners and earn a spot in the Second League. A thoroughly determined performance from us denied them the point they needed and confirmed Benfica B as group winners with their coach speaking to the media afterwards saying how his mind games had failed. Incredibly satisfying; although they had the last laugh and were promoted via the play-offs.

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewStages.png

Four wins in the final four games shot us up the league and we we even finished above Braga B. A pleasing end to what had been a tough group.

Coming Up

2016/17 review to follow shortly and then into pre-season as we aim to repeat what we've achieved this season and hopefully go a bit further.

2016/17 Season Review

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

Nation: Portugal

Division: National Championship - H

Media Prediction: 2nd

Board Expectation: Promoton Stage

Final Position: 2nd

We started steadily keeping pace with the top two of the first 10 games, but began to pick up the pace during the second half of the group fixtures and eventually wrapped up 2nd with two games to spare. Given our record against Braga B we were unlikely to win the group, so I was happy to be so comfortable into second place. However, I do have a few concerns as we didn't really score enough goals and our defence could really have been stronger as we conceded almost a goal a game (0.94) and scored just a few more (1.22). If we can be a bit more solid at the back and more prolific up front we should be table to top the group next year.

Final Position: 3rd

Going into this I had no idea what to expect from this second phase of the season. Could we earn an unlikely promotion, or would we end the season on a 14 game winless run? In the end it was a mixture of the two as we started off with a mixed record before taking series of thrashings. Learning from our mistakes we dusted ourselves down and ended the season incredibly positively with four consecutive wins. We needed to experience this for the first time to know what the standard was and hopefully I'll be able to use this season as a stepping stone in the next few seasons.

Taça de Portugal

Board Expectation: 3rd Round

Achieved: 3rd Round

It was an unspectacular involvement in the Portugese cup from us this year. We struggled through the 2nd round against lower league opposition, but found our feet late on a dominated into extra time just about avoiding a penalty shoot-out. Our third round tie was away to a Second League side in which we got battered, but could easily have taken that tie to extra time too. Next year I'm hoping we'll meet one of the big boys for a decent payday.

The Manager

Overview

Biography

History

A good news for my development as after 18 months in Portugal I now speak fluent Portugese. Whilst obviously a benefit now it also means if I head down to Brazil at some point my transition should be a bit easier.

The Club

Squad

Tactics

Player Transfers | Staff Transfers

Staff

Finances

Records

Summary

Board Confidence Summary

A very solid season with all of our objectives met and a new contract signed. We got taught a tough lesson in the Promotion Stage and the reality of how tough it'll be to move this club up the next level. That said I was able to change realising what had worked in the opening phase was failing us in the second phase and adapting accordingly. If we can continue like we did at the end of the group we have every reason to believe we can make it back to the promotion stage and perhaps challenge next year.

The Future

With a contract signed for next season I'm hoping to push on and aim to qualify for the promotion stages once more. Interestingly 3rd place Moura actually got relegated in the second phase, so one of our rivals have disappeared from Group H next season. On the downside goalkeeper Leandro Turossi decided earlier in the season he didn't want to sign a new deal, which could be a big problem for us next year. That said despite being easily our best goalkeeper his performances weren't exactly great averaging just 6.55 in all 34 games. Having agreed with the board to focus on bringing through the club's youngsters it does give me an excuse to bring on another academy player. Next season I hope to bring in some cash through the cup and challenging for the promotion play-off spot.

2017/18 Pre-Season Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

National Championship H Season Preview

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewSeasonPreview.png

Board Expectations

National Championship H: Promotion Stage

Taça de Portugal: Third Round

Expectations and odds remain the same as last season as we are expected to finish in the top two and are made evens to top of the group for the second season in a row. I'd like to see us top the group, but it'll be down to whether our young players can step up or not. I've taken a bit of a gamble by relying almost solely on the academy players coming through and with a single year left on my contract it could prove costly if we fall short.

Friendlies

Louletano_Friendlies.png

We played a serious amount of games this pre-season as last year we went too far into the season still struggling for fitness so I wanted to make sure we were fully prepared this time around. We have been solid in most of the games but the most satisfying game was definitely the 4-1 win over Premier League side Belenenses with the bulk of the team made from our youngsters. Also, whilst we lost to Mallorca we were fiercely competitive and the 3-1 scoreline doesn't necessarily reflect the closeness of the game.

Transfers

Louletano_TransfersTransferHistory-1.png

Just a couple of players brought in this pre-season as I'm looking to utilise more of our academy players, but just needed a bit more strength in a few key areas. Manuel Gama comes in as a replacement for Leandro Turossi in goal who refused to sign a new deal. Pedroso is a right midfielder and just adds a bit more depth to the squad. Turossi aside the rest of the players that were let go were either financial decisions or they just didn't fit into the 4-5-1 formation we ended last season with.

Coming Up

Louletano_FixturesSeptember.png

Just the one game in August so it'll be a August/September review to start and we get what should be our hardest game out of the way first as we travel to Braga. In fact if you were take the bookies odds as a solid indicator then we open the season against all five of our main promoton stage rivals, which hopefully will mean an easy-ish run-in come December/January.

2017/18 - August/September Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

Louletano_SeptemberResults.png

The season started somewhat unremarkably with three consecutive draws easing us into the season as our young team continues to adapt to our new compact passing game. Strong away draws had set us up nicely and when we beat Pinhalnovense in the league I thought we were up and running. Indeed a thrashing against the same opposition a week later seemed to suggest we'd found our feet, but a tight defeat to FC Barreirense a week later left us with a bit of head scratching. Oddly our player ratings are probably the highest they've been since I've been in charge and yet our results are the worst. I'm not too concerned just yet as we should now have an easier run of game to pick up some points.

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewProfileSeptember.png

7th place to me is deceptive as we have been playing well and it is worth noting our cup win was against league opposition too. That said we're in danger of slipping behind with a bad result or two, which we could struggle to come back from.

Coming Up

Louletano_FixturesOctober.png

We open October with three must win games. Anything less than 9 points is a disappointment and anything less than 7 is a disaster. We have been given a disappointing cup draw away to another 3rd tier side, which is as winnable as it is losable (if that makes sense?). We end the month with a massive game at home to Braga who currently sit top of the group. It could be that is the game that completes our promotion come back or is the nail in the coffin as early as the half way point.

That was a very decent season I think! Should be able to really give promotion a good go next time now you know what's required :) I didn't enjoy a great time in the Portuguese National Championship so its good to see someone doing better!

It's certainly different to any of the other leagues I've managed in. The quality is definitely worse than Skrill North/South, but clubs are run on a similar budget it seems. Long term progression seems so tough as you have a handful of big clubs and reserve sides with resources and players far beyond anything you can hope to get your hands on.

2017/18 - October Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

Louletano_OctoberResults-1.png

I said beforehand that we'd need to start winning games and that less than 9 points would be a disappointment and I'm happy to report that's exactly what we got. All three games were pretty comfortable, although we were ran a little too close for comfort in the away match at Santa Maria having gone 2-0 up early on. A thumping win away at Oriental in the cup helped keep confidence high ahead of our match with Braga. Unfortunately, yet again they were able to get the better of us and we fell to a 2-1 defeat. Generally it was a pretty good month and a draw against Braga would have made it near perfect but it wasn't to be.

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewProfile-2.png

Here's why the Braga result has left us in a little bit of mess. Whilst we have a game in hand against FC Barreirense we also have a negative record against them due to the 3-1 defeat earlier in the seaosn. We'll need to make up at least one win (possibly against them) and then hope to match them week by week for the rest of the season to make it through. We've reached the half way stage and our results will need to improve in the second half if we're to achieve a second year in the promotion stage.

Coming Up

Louletano_FixturesNovember-1.png

Fortunately for us we have a chance to get back to winning ways pretty quickly as we face bottom side Carapinheirense who we really ought to be beating before play Eléctrico. Our reward for beating Oriental in the cup is a home tie against Premier League side Leixões in the 4th round. We end the month with two tough games against fellow promotion chasers and these are the games I fear could end our season early.

2017/18 - November Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

Louletano_ResultsNovember.png

November couldn't have got off to a much worse start as we began to suffer from injuries and our involvement in the cup games meant our players were beginning to tire. What I had expected to be an easy victory over Carapinheirense turned out to be a hellish performance we didn't really deserve the two goals we got. We barely improved going into the match with Eléctrico but fortunately saved ourselves with two late goals to secure three much needed points. After our cup exploits we moved on to a huge clash at home to Esperança Lagos, which unfortunately we returned to our old ways and went down 2-1. With our promotion hopes hanging by a thread we knew a win away at Pinhalnovense, who we'd already beaten twice this season, was essential. We didn't deliver and played out a dull 0-0 draw, although we did have one goal ruled out.

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewProfileNovember.png

A poor month of league form for us has seen as realistically slip out of the hunt for a promotion stage berth and we'll have to move on to hoping to win the Relegation Stage. Naturally I'm disappointed but it'll take some unbelievable fortunate to turn things around in the next five games.

Taça de Portugal

LouletanovLeixotildees_PitchSplit.png

You may have noticed I don't normally do mid-season cup updates but our 4th round clash with Leixões was worth bringing up. Despite taking a bit of a hammering our defence held on resolutely and thanks to a brief period of domination in which we scored three goals in 7 minutes we were able to knock out the Premier League side. The game was a boost for the club overall as we broke our attendance record and our revenue record. The reward for our upset? A home tie against Benfica.

Coming Up

Louletano_FixturesDecember.png

With the 1st Phase all but over for us now we go into December looking to lick our wounds and prepare for the club's biggest ever game at home to Benfica in the 5th round of the Portugese Cup. We have two very winnable games, but first we must play FC Barreirense in what is definitely a season ender if we lose it, whilst a win keeps the most hopeless of romantics dreaming.

2017/18 - December Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

Louletano_DecemberResults.png

Well the promotion dream is over as we lost our big game at home. In fairness at 0-0 I knew we had to chase the game so went for it but we got hit on the break in the last 10 minutes. After that we struggled against Sousense and failed to find the net for the third consecutive game. I made some changes ahead of the match against Santa Maria, and we played much better and seemed stronger in defence. A disappointing month, but hopefully we can put it behind us quickly.

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewProfile-3.png

Coming Up

Louletano_FixturesJanuary.png

The highlight of this short month is obviously the cup tie against Benfica, which has now been moved to be broadcast on TV maximising our revenue. Otherwise it's a pretty meaningless month as we've now been confirmed as playing in the Relegation Stage, so it's a case of getting through without injuries so we can go again in February.

2017/18 - January Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

Louletano_JanuaryResults.png

As predicted our encounter with Benfica was not a 0-0, but it wasn't much of a contest either. Struggling for confidence we found ourselves 2-0 in the opening 10 minutes and the tie was as good as over. On the plus side though we made some serious money with a record £110K taken from the record 11,936 crowd at the Estadio do Algarve. Two lacklustre draws closed out the 1st Phase and a review of our approach is needed ahead of the Relegation Stage.

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewProfileJanuary.png

A disappointing campaign in which the key words would be consistently inconsistent as we won, drew & lost 6 games. We improved a goal scoring but at the cost of the defence, which is what cost us in too many games. We'd find ourselves 1-0 down in the opening games, so we'd be chasing to get back into matches which clearly had mixed results.

Coming Up

Louletano_FixturesFebruary.png

A few friendlies to kick off the month to regain fitness as we've played just three competitive games since the middle of December. I've decided to go back to a 451/433 formation, which was the formation that initially successful when I took over. Hopefully using that we can get back to the form that got us into the Promotion Stage last year. In other news I've requested a new contract from the board despite missing out on the Promotion Stage; however, due to the clubs successful cup campaign they're happy that competitive expectations have been met and an offer is forthcoming.

2017/18 - February Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

National Championship - H Relegation Stage

Louletano_ResultsFebruary.png

The friendlies yielded positive performances as well as some decent results against Spanish opposition and set up what has been a great start to the second phase of the season. We needed two late goals at Vila Flor, but I was happy with how the game had gone up to that point and bizarrely it was when we shut up shop that we inflicted two lethal blows just at the end. We backed that up with a comfortable home win against Sousense and suddenly we had the confidence that we'd lack during the autumn.

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewProfileFebruary.png

A bit of a weird start as all the teams that won their opening game then went on to win their second game too creating a large void between the top & bottom halves.

Coming Up

Louletano_FixturesMarch.png

Still early days in the second stage, so not sure how tough this month will be. Hopefully we can pick up 6 points from the first two games against sides that lost both their opening fixtures and then assess they lay of the land when things have begun to settle down.

I just thought I'd add that this is probably my last update before the Christmas break. I'll probably get to play out of rest of this season around this time next week when I'm back at work but until then eat, drink & be merry!

2017/18 - March Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

Louletano_ResultsMarch.png

Despite a disappointing regular season campaign we've flown out of the blocks in the Relegation Stage and followed up our wins in the opening two fixtures with four more to put us in a commanding position. As it turns out it was a massive victory over Vila Flor in the 2nd Stage opener and we were also dominant at home against 3rd place Pinhalnovense. Solid victories, a huge goal difference and a six point lead over two teams we've beaten means that although the group isn't yet at the half way stage it is definitely our group to lose.

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewProfileMarch.png

Top of the table with 6 wins from 6 (a new club record) is about as perfect it's going to get. Perhaps the most pleasing factor so far is the fact we've got a goal difference of +15 as we've started scoring goals and keeping them out too. The only concern is the injury to Ricardo Maneta, our main striker, who is out for 4-5 weeks and so will miss the whole of April and probably some of May getting back to fitness.

Coming Up

Louletano_FixturesApril.png

A couple of winnable away games to kick off the peniltumate month of the season ahead of the key fixture of the month against Vila For. If we can maintain the 6 point gap prior to that game AND avoid defeat to Vila For you'd think we'd almost done enough. Whilst it might be asking a lot I've set us a target for 10 points from these four games to hopefully put us on our way for a trophy.

Youth Candidates

LouletanoYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers.png

Another great set of youngsters with two strikers coming in, which is fortunate given the injury in the previous match.

2017/18 - April Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

Louletano_AprilResults.png

After setting a target of 10 I was pretty disappointed to come away with just six; however, we have managed to remain unbeaten which could well be critical. We were poor in the first two games and needed two late goals to snatch points. We desperately missed the experience of Ricardo Maneta, and things were made worse when key winger Sylvain Petit got injured during the first game. We've created chances, but we're unable to finish them, which is the cost of not having a fully fledged back up striker on the books - one for next season. The draw with Vila Flor was edgey as expected with neither side really doing enough to open the scoring. A more confident display against Carapinheirense followed, although we almost let them back into the game following late pressure and a consolation goal.

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewProfileApril.png

Those dropped points just go to show our tight things can be in such a small group. Suddenly we're only leading the group on our head-to-head record and will need to win our next three games to guarantee a final day showdown with Pinhalnovense. On the plus side we definitely can't be relegated.

Coming Up

Louletano_FixturesMay.png

A massive three games for us as we look to win the relegation stage for the first time since 2014. We need to keep putting points on the board if we're to have any chance of winning the group and preferably having more control of our destiny on the final day. Whilst we hold a head-to-head advantage of Pinhalnovense it was just a 2-0 win, which could be easily reversed.

2017/18 - May Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

Louletano_ResultsMay-1.png

We pulled our finger out in May and re-discovered the form that had put us top of the group so convincingly at the beginning of the Relegation Stage. A tight game with Eléctrico looked like it would end in a disappointing draw before two quick late goals stole us all three points. This gave us the confidence to grab two easy home wins and ensure the season would go down to the last day - or so I thought. Fantastically Pinhalnovense dropped points in the penultimate game handing us the group win! A final day defeat was pointless as it was disappointing, but it did give me a chance to blood some youngsters.

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewProfileMay.png

Group winners! The club gets a trophy to go with the one it won in 2014 and I win some silverware for the first time in four versions of Football Manager! The game has underplayed the trophy due to the weird way Portugal works and that I only really won because the best two teams had been removed, but frankly I don't care. What began as a disappointing league campaign ended up with a trophy in the Louletano history books - just their third piece of silverware ever.

2017/18 Season Review

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

Nation: Portugal

Division: National Championship - H

Media Prediction: 3rd

Board Expectation: Promotion Phase

Final Position: 5th

Pretty disappointing performance in the 1st Phase to be honest after much had been expected of us pre-season. We struggled under the formation we started the season with and had to switch things up towards the end of the campaign to have a chance of competing in the Relegation Stage.

Final Position: 1st

What a change it was too! We won the first six games and were unbeaten until the final game by which we'd already sewn up the group! A world away from the abject performances in the 1st Phase and the club picks up a trophy!

Taça de Portugal

Board Expectation: 3rd Round

Achieved: 5th Round

Fantastic performances in the cup probably didn't help the league form, but two ties against Premier League opposition culminating with a massive pay day against Benfica put the club back on its feet. Not sure how I'm supposed to match this next season.

The Manager

Overview

Biography

History

The Club

Squad

Tactics

Player Transfers | Staff Transfers

Staff

Finances

Records

Summary

A pretty solid season overall despite the poor showing in the 1st Phase. The cup exploits and a strong showing in the Relegation Stage meant we could move on from the disappointing end to 2017 and and look hopeful for the remainder of 2018. A new contract for myself in the winter also meant I was able to breath a sigh of relief regarding contract negotiations, although I might put in a cheeky request now we've had a small piece of success.

The Future

Next season we've got to put right what went wrong in the 1st Phase and make it back into the Promotion Phase again. I'm not concerned about cup runs and will do the bare minimum then duck out so we can focus on our number 1 priority.

2018/19 Pre-Season Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

National Championship H Season Preview

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewSeasonPreview-1.png

Board Expectations

National Championship H: Promotion Stage

Taça de Portugal: Third Round

Same expectations as last season we're generally expected to compete with Pinhalnovense for the 2nd spot with Eléctrico & FC Barreirense contenders once more. I have to say I'm hoping for exactly the same, so no additional pressure and I'll be furious if we perform as we did at the same stage last year.

Friendlies

Louletano_Friendlies.png

Pretty pleased with how we've played in pre-season picking up convincing wins against lower league clubs. We were beaten just twice; once at parent club Penafiel and secondly away to Spanish side San Roque Lepe. Performances from Isidoro Pereira & Joaquim Silva have catapulted them into the side over the summer ahead of aging Russiano & injury riddled Sylvain Petit.

Transfers

Louletano_TransfersTransferHistory-4.png

Another quiet summer of transfers for us as we brought in a new full back and some re-enforcements for the winger position. I'm still looking for a better striker to back up Ricardo Maneta, but that looks unlikely at this stage. The only outgoing move was young centre back Ricard Rabaldo who despite being a great prospect was refusing to discuss signing a proper contract to replace his youth one that ran out at the end of this coming season. Rather than risk losing him for nothing at all I decided to ship him out for some cash and decent sell-on clauses. Fortunately centre back is a position we have plenty of talent in so I don't believe he'll be missed as much as he might have been in another position.

Coming Up

Louletano_SeptemberFixtures.png

Once again we have just the one game in August so it'll be a August/September review to start. We begin with what should be a comfortable home win against recently promoted AD Nogueirense before having a 10 day gap due to cup dutes before playing Vila For away & FC Barreirense in close succession. We need to make a better start than we did last year where we started off by drawing lots of big games, then failing to win for too long.

2018/19 - August-September Update

i1201472292-pic7.gif

Louletano

National Championship - H 1st Stage

Louletano_ResultsSeptember.png

We started the season terrifically and picked up a maximum of 9 points from our opening three games and frankly should have scored double figures against AD Nogueiresnse. Unfortunately our form has begun to slde as we struggled to open up Eléctrico and then Sousense kept us out in the cup, and then at home in the league.

NationalChampionship-H_OverviewProfileSeptember.png

Although we've given up some points in the later stages of the month we still sit second in the group and unbeaten after five games, which is still a solid start to the season. Hopefully we can push on through October and with no cup ties to worry about we should remain relatively fresh.

Coming Up

Louletano_FixturesOctober-1.png

Tough couple of away games to start October, which will probably set the tone for the month. Given we can't score goals at the moment it is important we rectify that and hopefully we can remain defensively solid and I'm sure we'll get back to winning ways shortly.

Archived