The Hearts and Hibs thread, the bridesmaids of Scottish football

Eleanor_Rigby

Anyone else read the tabloid rags today with Hateley touting Murray to Rangers and Nicholas telling Celtic to sign Riordan in their respective columns???

Very helpful you utter utter pr!cks. You think it's ****ing helpful to try and further speculation like this?? Gonnae have a moan now when the OF are 30/40 points ahead of us come May at how crap we are??? icon_mad.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 hours.... icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>ALTHOUGH it’s bound to come as something of a shock to the Hibs faithful, the cream of the young crop at Easter Road - Derek Riordan and Steven Whittaker - came close to leaving Leith and playing for John Robertson when the Hearts head coach was in charge of Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Riordan scored 22 goals for Hibs in 2004 while Whittaker is regarded as the best full-back the club has produced since John Brownlie.

Robertson and his assistant Donald Park, formerly the youth coach at Hibs who played a significant role in the development of the players now flourishing under Tony Mowbray, were offered the chance to sign Riordan and Whittaker when Bobby Williamson was the manager of Hibs.

Had Hibs finished in the top six that season then Riordan and Whittaker would have been exchanged for defender Bobby Mann.

Robertson explained: "It just goes to show the quirks of fate in life because Donald, who did a fantastic job for Hibs as a youth coach, and I had only been in the job for six weeks at Inverness when we received a call from Bobby Williamson at Hibs.

"He wanted to sign Bobby Mann from us but didn’t have any money for a fee. So he told us we could take our pick of two players in the youth team.

"We immediately identified Derek Riordan and Steve Whittaker as the two we wanted. Bobby said that was fine.

"The deal couldn’t go through at the time but Bobby said he would come back to us later. What he also said was if Hibs got into the top six he wouldn’t play the kids. But if they missed out then he would give the youngsters a run and see how they got on.

"Unfortunately for Inverness, Hibs failed to make the top six that season and Riordan, Whittaker and the rest all did magnificently for the club.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bobby fecking Mann!!?

If I were a Jambo I'd be GUTTED he left for Plymouth. Unbelievable really that instead of having a costly sacking, they were daft enough to take him of our hands for us. Cheers Argyle, your loss icon_biggrin.gif

What an absolute fecking tool of a man BW was.

Riordan was apparently arrested again this week for fighting but the club has managed to keep it under wraps as he is going to be gone rather soon. Hope its not true but I heard from my uncle who is an ex bobby.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this game icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Riordan's girlfriend's best mate works in my office and says the guy's a first class tool. Supposedly, he's a mouthy wee c**t and has been belted a few times when on nights out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Certainly isn't coming across as an angel. Heard some frightening stories about O'Connor too but he has apparently calmed down.

I have it on good authority that Romanov was interested in Dundee United, and chairman Eddie Thompson agreed to talks with him, but then rejected his offer. Eddie is a huge United fan, he would not reject an offer that would give the club huge benefits. imo Chris Robinson has basically agreed to this because he will get his money back that he put into Hearts and he can wash his hands of it all. He doesnt really care what happens to the club after that.

Good result for Hearts (yes we were VERY lucky).

Hearts came into the game after Riordan's opener. Swamped Hibs for the first 15-20mins 2nd half, and thought Hartley was unlucky not to put us in front during this spell.

Tbf, Hibs then went on to squander numerous chances later on. Can't see many fans on both sides being happy with 1-1 though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

Hearts came into the game after Riordan's opener. Swamped Hibs for the first 15-20mins 2nd half, and thought Hartley was unlucky not to put us in front during this spell.

Tbf, Hibs then went on to squander numerous chances later on. Can't see many fans on both sides being *unhappy* with 1-1 though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Leicester pursue Hearts players

The loss of De Vries would be a massive blow for Hearts

Leicester City have contacted Hearts with a view to signing striker Mark de Vries and full-back Alan Maybury, BBC Scotland has learned.

Leicester manager Craig Levein is keen to take the pair, who played under him at Tynecastle, to the Walkers Stadium.

Both players are out of contract with Hearts in the summer.

But Hearts head coach John Robertson said: "I know we're going to lose players in January, it's a question of whether we can replace them."

Robertson is still unsure what, if any, budget he has to work with, with Vladimir Romanov's proposed takeover of the club still uncompleted.

That means he is unable to offer players like De Vries and Maybury, and 10 others who are out of contract in the summer, new deals.

Ramon Pereira has been granted permission to discuss terms with Nottingham Forest, while Andy Webster has been linked with a move to Southampton.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gonna be a struggle for the Jambos this transfer window.

Maybury is a fouling b@stard and De Vries is a huge cheat. Look at how many bookings Maybury has had over the years it's rediculous. Even time I see him play he fouls like crazy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Floater 5000:

I have it on good authority that Romanov was interested in Dundee United <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>He was interested in Dundee and Dunfermline as well. I can only see him being bad news for Hearts...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Floater 5000:

Maybury is a fouling b@stard and De Vries is a huge cheat. Look at how many bookings Maybury has had over the years it's rediculous. Even time I see him play he fouls like crazy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah he's an exceptionally dirty player.

i hope we don't sign him like was being mentioned

Tbf, Hibs then went on to squander numerous chances later on. Can't see many fans on both sides being happy with 1-1 though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First two quotes I got from Jambos post-match were "we pummelled you" and "you had a very lucky escape today". You've reaffirmed my faith in Jambos as intelligent thinkers, cheers ER icon_biggrin.gif

Very good start by Hibs, Hearts came more into it just before we scored, rest of the half was probably even with Hibs just about deserving the lead at half time.

Second half, we took a long time to adapt to our changes, gave the ball away far to cheaply and Hearts near enough played us off the park up to about 65 minutes and we were lucky not to be behind. From then on I still have no idea how Hibs failed to stick away of 7/8 really good chances, and Hearts couldn't get out of their own half.

Regarding the league, Hibs'll be happier with the draw, regarding the actual ebb and flow of the game I think it was obvious Hearts were just a wee bit happy to end up with a point. Good game though.

Rocastle's gone back to Chelsea today icon_frown.gif

McManus to be freed apparently icon14.gif

Steve Lovell to Hibs for 500k... aye right then Daily Record icon13.gif

I think MDV was murder because of the way Murray and Caldwell played him, it annoyed him and he just had no response. I think we deserved to be 1 up at half time but I have to admit that I was bricking it for 20 mins as you totally flattened us with attack after attack and we had very little of the ball barring a O'Connor shot.

Then full marks to Mowbray as he knew his side would get back into it and didn't panic himself. I was surprised at the amount of headed chances we got as thats not our normal type of goal and it looks like something we need to work on.

Little dissapointed as I felt we should have won but had Hearts scored again in that barrage it could have been very different.

Good game overall. Think Mogga is going to have to win a derby soon though and I hope Hearts make the top six so he gets another chance at ER.

Next 6 league games

Dundee Utd H

Dundee A

Livingston A

Aberdeen H

Kilmarnock H

Motherwell A

We should be able to pick up quite a few points out of them.

Meant to be 20 Eastern Europeans coming over in the transfer window for trials

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jambo:

Next 6 league games

Dundee Utd H

Dundee A

Livingston A

Aberdeen H

Kilmarnock H

Motherwell A

We should be able to pick up quite a few points out of them.

Meant to be 20 Eastern Europeans coming over in the transfer window for trials <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're gonna crush you.

Caldwell is good but I don't think he is good enough for Scotland yet.

Having read reports and listened to Hartley's whinging I've got to say something.

Hartley and Murphy were both running, Hartley's studs caught Murphy's left shin and he then tripped up over himself. Never a foul and not a dive, ref got it spot on.

In that case I would say he is a very good footballer that is confident in his own abilities. If you saw the derby he skinned de vries on the edge of his own box and the Hibs fans were never worried. He is a good enough in midfield too. I think Murray is a better player and footballer though.

Lets face it floater it will be a long time before the arabs are anywhere close icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richey White:

Rocastle's gone back to Chelsea today icon_frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i was very impressed with him. if MON had any brains he'd sign him but noooo he has to play thompson....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

In that case I would say he is a very good footballer that is confident in his own abilities. If you saw the derby he skinned de vries on the edge of his own box and the Hibs fans were never worried. He is a good enough in midfield too. I think Murray is a better player and footballer though.

Lets face it floater it will be a long time before the arabs are anywhere close icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, close to being a bridesmaid? I would hope not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aslan:

Yeah we got the derby over here on Setanta. They didn't show Celtic for once icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it not the case that they just show whichever OF team is away? I'd rather they didn't show us and we got to play on New Years Day tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevethedog:

Aberdeen drew, still 3rd \0/

I take it that 4th only guarentees Europe if Rangers?celtic meet 3rd in the final? Or do we have an extra uefa spot this year? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure that's how it works. Don't think we have an extra place.

Aberdeen drew, still 3rd \0/

I take it that 4th only guarentees Europe if Rangers?celtic meet 3rd in the final? Or do we have an extra uefa spot this year? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe that there is only 1 CL place in season 2005/06 that means that if the League Winners are in the Scottish Cup Final the opposition will be in the UEFA Cup whatever happens, if not the winners will be in the UEFA Cup.

103 years Chris icon_wink.gif surely this tear is Hibs year? icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hearts head coach John Robertson has confirmed that deals have already been agreed to transfer Mark De Vries and Alan Maybury to Leicester City.

The players have only to agree personal terms with the English club.

Meanwhile, Hearts look likely to miss out on the signature of Scotland striker Stevie Crawford.

BBC Scotland understands Crawford will sign for Dundee United on Wednesday after the Tannadice club called a press conference for 1300.

Leicester City had earlier contacted Hearts with a view to signing the two players, who are out of contract in the summer.

Leicester manager Craig Levein is keen to take the pair, who played under him at Tynecastle, to the Walkers Stadium. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

The weekly salaries saved will be greater than the fee. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Losing both players without replacing them will have a larger impact on Hearts than having to pay the thoses players wages imo. It doesn't give us much leeway with injuries.

Also, we risk finishing in the bottom half once the split comes if these player were to go. I'm sure having to play the OF on 2 extra occasions would more than justify keeping them on the wage bill.

Is there any decent forums Scottish football forums on the net? Tried to find some in the past but the only ones I've seen thus far seem to be full of bigots and ássholés <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

www.splfever.co.uk icon14.gif

And it begins ....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hearts welcome trialists en masse

About 20 players, mainly from eastern Europe, will arrive in Scotland on Wednesday for a trial with Hearts.

The project has been organised and funded by Vladimir Romanov, who is currently attempting to become the major shareholder of the club.

The group, which includes a mixture of young players and experienced ones, some with international caps, will play three behind-closed-doors games.

Head coach John Robertson will then decide if he wants to sign any of them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Kisnorbo on his way to Leicester

THE continuing air of uncertainty surrounding Hearts will cost the club a further key player this week when Patrick Kisnorbo joins Alan Maybury and Mark De Vries in committing his future to Leicester City. The 23-year-old Australian has been in negotiations with Hearts regarding an extension to his contract that expires in the summer, but has accepted an offer from his former manager Craig Levein to sign a pre-contract agreement with the Championship club.

"The offer between Patrick and Leicester has been verbally agreed and he’ll likely be signing the final contract at some point this week, though as things stand he’ll be at Hearts until the summer," said Kisnorbo’s agent, former Hearts player Dave McPherson. "Craig (Levein) has been keen to play things as fair as he possibly can with Hearts, he’s even faxed them today to let them know exactly what’s going on, which is a lot more than other managers would do".

Hearts face a torrid month. John Robertson was informed last week that his playing budget may be cut by £1.2m, and he is unable to negotiate new contracts with existing players until Vladimir Romanov’s takeover has been ratified.

As well as the prospect of losing Kisnorbo, Robertson also faced a double blow yesterday when club captain Steven Pressley’s agent, Gordon Smith, rubbished reports that Pressley is ready to sign a new deal at Tynecastle, and when it emerged that Livingston have entered the race to take Bristol City striker Lee Miller on loan.

"There has been a lot of confusion with regards to the Steven Pressley contract position," said Smith. "It has been very unsettling for him, especially when he reads in the press that he has already agreed to a new deal.

"He is happy to stay and wants to stay at Hearts but it certainly is not a formality. If Steven signs for Hearts, then it very much depends on what they are offering him."

While Pressley and Millers concerns centre are purely financial, McPherson said that it was this confusion over the club’s future direction - and concerns over the arrival of 20 Eastern European triallists - that led to Kisnorbo’s acceptance of the Leicester offer, believed to be a three-year contract.

"We’ve been talking to Hearts for some time regarding Patrick’s situation", he said, "but it’s been very hard for wee Robbo (John Robertson) because he wasn’t been given a clear picture for next season until last week, and the success or otherwise of the takeover could change everything again. That’s an impossible situation to do business in.

"I mean, how on earth can you have all these eastern European players being flown over for a trial match and the manager doesn’t know a thing about them? For agents talking to the club about getting half- decent deals for players that have worked their socks off for the team it is frustrating seeing money being spent on something like that.

"Patrick has had the best years of his career at Hearts and they’ve done a huge amount for him, but he’s got to look to the future, both in terms of his own finances but also whether or not he’s going to be playing for a club that will be challenging for things. Right now, the situation’s not looking great at Hearts, and the Leicester offer is simply not something he can turn down at this point in time". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would be gutted to see Kisnorbo leave especially now Maybury has gone. Surely Romanov knows one way or another if Robbo will have a budget or not as to renew these players contracts. At this rate we'll be fighting relegation before the season's out.

I'm starting to really worry what the future holds for Hearts now.

Lee Miller could be a good player for Hearts.

Delighted with the win today, we are expecting to win games now and more often than not we are doing the job. Bloody derby icon_mad.gif

Hope to get Hearts at ER in the next round, if you can beat Thistle icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't even know it was Scottish Cup weekend until today, just knew we weren't at home. icon_biggrin.gif

Tbh, I'm just really p1ssed with all the **** that's happening at Tynecastle at the moment. I'm too frightened to read the papers now. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived