Moncho's Euro Trip!

swallow1050

I’ve decided to start a journeyman save to share with you guys.

Loading these Nations into the game:

Belgium (Derde Klasse And Above)

Denmark (2. Division And Above)

England (League 2 And Above)

Finland (Ykkonen And Above)

France (CFA And Above)

Germany (3. Liga And Above)

Greece (Football League and Above)

Italy (2 Divisione And Above)

Netherlands (Jupiler League And Above)

Norway (2.Divisjon And Above)

Portugal (Campeonato Nacional And Above)

Russia (FNL And Above)

Scotland (League 2 And Above)

Spain (Segunda B And Above)

Sweden (Division 2 And Above)

Switzerland (Challenge League And Above)

Turkey (2. Lig And Above)

Ukraine (Persha Liha And Above)

That's 53 leagues in 18 nations with large database, Around 100k Players, alot i know but i will most likely reduce that after awhile once i get to the bigger clubs.

Meet Moncho Dafydd:

PersonalInformation_zpsfa191d79.png

Nationalities_zps27781e37.png

A Galician Ex Sunday league footballer with a Welsh mother from Lugo, Galica.

Inspired by the fact I am living in Lugo with my Welsh girlfriend, in the save I plan on:

Travelling around Europe, but missing out England as I always play there.

Managing CD Lugo at some point

Youth only where possible

Promoting long serving players to staff and bringing them with me.

Win Champions League with at least three teams from different nations.

Manage Wales and win a major final.

In my job interviews I will always ask for these philosophies:

Playing attacking football

Possession football

Develop players using the club’s youth system

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After applying for Jobs in the lower leagues of Spain and Portugal and having no success. I widened my search but with most jobs taken now I was only left with two Swedish teams.

Anundsjoapplication_zps6100cfdb.png

Akademiapplication_zps8fcebaa4.png

Anudsjo replied first:

Anundsjointerview_zps21ca0fc0.png

After agreeing with the budgets offered and asking for my career philosophies, I was offered the job:

Anundsjoapproach_zps03b0dc6c.png

AnundsjoHired_zps09412920.png

Anundsjouml_IF_zpsd0355732.png

Anundsjö IF

General

Facilities

Finances

ClubBackground_zps66c784a5.png

BRED3_zps8bda6406.jpg BRED1_zps51274796.jpg

My thoughts on the squad:

Current Ratings Report

Potential Ratings Report

As you may see from the reports, that we have a strong strike force and central midfield but not a great deal elsewhere. However there wasn't too much i could do about it as my wage budget was already maxed out and it was the middle of the season i didn't really want to change too much.

The League Situation:

LeagueTable_zpsb457701e.png

FixturesPlayed_zps13051b48.png

As you can see the season so far was going terribly, with no away wins and only 3 home wins all season, no wonder the previous manager was sacked.

FixturesLeft_zpscbb76c2b.png

With only 5 games left to play, I needed to finish in 9th to avoid the relegation play off with the lower division and considering our away form this looked a very tall order.

Our next 3 games were all away; with the first two against teams place 3rd and 4th respectively, as well as playing the 2nd placed team Pitea at Home.

Anundsjö IF - August 2013

Division 2 Norrland

AugustFixtures_zps786d5795.png

AugustTable_zpsfd31935a.png

I wasn't in charge for the first two games of august but Wow, what a start against Assi, we were 3-0 up within 20 mins! I said I’d play attacking football but I didn't think we would start that fast!! Of course they came back at us, scoring once before half time and then drawing level with two quick goals after the break; but we managed to score again with a borderline offside goal, before almost scoring again in the dying seconds at the end. Another blistering start to the next game saw us scored twice in 3 minutes. A master class from Martin Dimovski saw him score a hat trick from central midfield. The amount of goals we've scored in these two games almost doubled our goals for the season! but our defending has been less than brilliant however overall I was gobsmacked by our results!

Player of the month - Martin Dimovski With two assists in the first game and a hat-trick in the second game he has been a big reason for doing so well.

Next time...

3 league fixtures in the last month of the season and two crucial games against 9th and 7th with a game against 2nd as well. I feel if we can get a two positive results then we will be safe. Our morale is great going into the last month of the season and i am feeling confident that we will survive!

Anundsjö IF - September 2013

Division 2 Norrland

October13Results_zpsc4a0e094.png

October13Table_zps312c64fb.png

A slow start for us but good performance against Alviks; we dominated but I was disappointed to concede right at the end of the game. I was very surprised by the result against Pitea, it was fairly even first half and it could have been 2-2. The second half we were much better with Pavic pulled Pitea’s defence everywhere, ending with us running out comfortable winners. The final game I don’t think I was too concerned about the result we could have won the game, Davis hit the post but Dimoski made a couple decent saves so 2-2 was an even result. We had the better of the first half but they finished the game stronger.

Player of the month - Martin Dimovski Joint top scorer and most assists makes him the obvious choice for this, he was most consist player over the three games.

Top Scorer - 2 Martin Dimovski and Josip Pavic

Most Assists -2 Martin Dimovski and Elvys Valderrama

Next time...

End of Season/Pre Season. My main feeling about this season is that I wish I had joined the season earlier!! I really feel like we could have had a great chance of being promoted. We are unbeaten since I've joined and if I could strengthen our defence then I really think that we should have a good chance of winning the league next season!

Anundsjö IF – Preseason 2014

Boards Expectations

League: Respectable Position

Cup: Competitive (whatever that means?)

My Expectations

League: Promotion (Win the League)

Cup: Would be good to win a game

Finances

Transfer Budget: £30.23K

Wage Budget: 4k p/w

Balance: £183,120

Transfers In

Transfers Out

The big transfers out were my best player last year Martin Dimovski and Boban Velkovski. I’ve tried to replace them with some half decent young players but they aren’t the same standard.

Preseason Results

PreseasonResults_zpsa77580f7.png

My thoughts:

Preseason in Sweden is VERY long... (Sept to April) I chose fixtures against mainly weaker teams and made sure my whole squad was fully fit; but decent results resulting great morale leading into the start of the season. Not feeling as confident as the end of the season due to the fact that I couldn't hold on to my best players. But I feel like I've strengthened our defence so maybe we won't have so many 7-8 goal thrillers!!

Anundsjö IF - April 2014

Division 2 Norrland

April14Results_zpscae204c0.png

April14Table_zpsa045b8dd.png

Decent start to the season had to come from behind to draw our first game; we had more possession but played nervously, substitute Lindmark setting up débutante Hakan Nilsson for the goal. The second game was much better with a simple 3-0 victory, but we don't quite seem to have the same confidence in our play as last season.

Player of the month - Jakob Lindmark Man of the match both times, scoring once and an assist in both games.

Top Scorer - 1 three players scored this month

Most Assists - 2 Jakob Lindmark

Next time...

Much busier month coming up with 5 league games including an away game against current league leaders Gotene, hopefully we can really start to connect and make more use of our possession!

Anundsjö IF - May 2014

Division 2 Norrland

May14Results_zps1387da7d.png

May14Table_zpse31b657d.png

A great game to start the month with a 2-5 win over Moron, they actually lead 2-1 just before the break before we turned on the style with a hat trick for Toby Davis. My first loss as manager came against league leaders Gotene, we took the lead in the first half and I think really should of won this game with Davis missing a couple of chance to really put it to bed which ended up being costly as they scored mid way through the second half and again at the death. A nervy win against Mariehem and 3-3 thriller against Selanger frustrated me again as a poor finish the game saw them score two in the second half. A really disappointing performance against Boden to finish the month leaving already 10 points behind the leaders Gotene.

Player of the month - Toby Davis Scored a hattrick and has had the most consistent ratings for the month.

Top Scorer - 4 Toby Davis

Most Assists - 2 Multiple players on 2 assists for the month

Next time...

4 games in June, we need to start to win more games with Gotene rocketing ahead with 7 wins from 7 including beating us 2-1. With seasons being so short here, we really need to hope that Gotene lose a few and we pick up the pace if we are going to be promoted.

Anundsjö IF - June 2014

Division 2 Norrland

June14Results_zpsf357f77e.png

June14Table_zps02f1ee71.png

An easy first game with two goals coming really early on. The game against Karlslund started very badly they scored within 15 seconds! But what a game against Pitea, they were awful and although I was very pleased with the result we still managed to let a goal in! Against Solleftea we had a great first half but was complacent after the break, giving our supporters a few worrying moments as they pulled one back after edging the second half.

Player of the month - Toby Davis Scored a 6 goals in 4 matches.

Next time...

After closing the gap to Gotene to only 5 points; I'm looking for 5 wins out of 5 in July, with the fixtures against the bottom half of the table culminating with a crucial home game against league leaders Gotene.

Anundsjö IF - July 2014

Division 2 Norrland

July14Results_zps50a4826b.png

July14Table_zpsa8f450ba.png

Solid win against Assi, but again complacency set in after the third goal. Against Harosand Linmark had excellent game scoring twice and making the assist for the third goal, he almost had a hat trick but for the goalkeeper and the post denying him. We should have beaten Moron by 4-5 goals at least but our strikeforce and especially Davis had a day off. We played awful against Mariehem!!! Our defence was shocking and we were completely impotent up front, very frustrating. But we bounced back with a great win over league leaders Gotene!

Player of the month - Toby Davis Davis again scored 6 goals in the month.

Next time...

Much quieter month coming up with only 3 games being played and sees the start of the mid season transfer window. But if we are to overhaul Gotene we need to keep winning as time is running out for us. I feel like this month will make or break the season as we play teams from 4th and 5th; if we can't get results then we are out of the running.

Anundsjö IF - August 2014

Division 2 Norrland

August14Results_zps3837d9d0.png

August14Table_zpsd772e75f.png

Against Boden we didn’t deserve our draw, they played better and more chances but we managed to scape it. I was pretty pleased with the result against Selanger, Davis had a great game with two assists. Umedalen are bottom and its clear why, we can't stop conceding however!

Player of the month - Toby Davis Got consistently high ratings, even though he wasn't the top scorer!

Special mention to Goran Lundgren however; our only signing of the transfer period scored 3 goals, including the important winner against Selanger

Next time...

Final three games of the season, the only difficult game is a home game against Karlslund, within two points of Gotene now, so still require them to lose at least one game as we have some catching up to do with goal difference should Gotene draw.

Anundsjö IF - September 2014

Division 2 Norrland

September14Results_zps9de1050a.png

September14Table_zpsc1bc6855.png

A solid win against Karlslund kept us in the race. A good victory against Solleftea combined with Gotene losing, put us 1st!! But it all went pear shaped on the last day with the team completely choking against Pitea As you can see although we dominated the possession just really underperformed and i guess the pressure got to us.

Player of the month - Toby Davis Yet again, top scorer and consistent ratings.

Next time...

Totally gutted about our capitulation on the last day but I can't face another long end season with us still in the same league and more than half of my team don't want to re-sign for another year. My contract also was coming to an end and I think its time to move on.

71036_201347156659_7943041_n_zps0eee7d9e.jpg

Loures – November 2014

Boards Expectations

League: Avoid Relegation

Cup: N/A (Knocked out before I was the manager)

My Expectations

League: Anything higher than 8th!!

Cup: N/A

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £1.57k p/w

Balance: £322,207

Previous Results

PreviousResults_zps610ddd0d.png

Nov14Table_zps416dd5d2.png

Current Squad

My thoughts:

Our squad is **** basically, we are the worse team in the league for almost every attribute and we can't attract any decent players due to being very low rep. This will be a challenge!

The Portuguese league seems to have two stages; the first stage where every team plays each other twice; with the top two teams make it to two promotion groups and the bottom 8 go into a relegation group.

Then the season starts again and each team play twice again to work out who is Promoted/Relegated; in the promotion groups, the winners automatically get promoted and the two second places play a play off to see who goes up. In the relegation group the bottom 2 relegated straight off and the third bottom enters the relegation play off.

There is no chance that I’ll be promoted this season, so I have just aim to avoid relegation!

Loures – End of First Phase 2014

Campeonato Nacional Serie G

Loures_FixturesSchedule-4_zpsb47665fd.png

LeagueEndoffirstphase14_zpsc525921b.png

Transfers In

Transfer Out

My thoughts:

Soo... Two wins in eight, we won the first game and I thought great! this won't be as bad as I thought! Praiense soon taught me different! If you look at the transfers out you can see that we lost 12 players on free transfers at the end of the season and the previous manager only brought in two players, so we were very much bare bones.

However when I looked at bringing in some players, I saw the difficulty that the previous manager had! Nobody that was half decent wanted to sign for us! I did manage to one or two half decent players including Tiago Fernandes; He played half a game before breaking his leg...However not everything was lost, he is also Head of youth development!

Next time...

As we came second last, we are now through to the relegation stage! Remember the aim is to finish 5th or above in this group to avoid the relegation play off! I will be playing a couple friendies as they seem to have huge Christmas holiday! Hopefully this will boost our morale and also get our formation more fluid.

Loures – Relegation Phase

Campeonato Nacional Serie G

RelegationStageTable_zps5d9e58f2.png

RelegationStageResults_zpsda338f55.png

We played so much better in the relegation stage, but it wasn't to be; it stayed close all the way to the final day for 3rd-6th after the bottom two were relegated a few weeks before. The final game couldn't of started any worse, Luis Fernandes was sent off giving away a penalty within 2 minutes! but we fought back from a goal down twice and even took the lead! At one stage we were in 3rd but Casa won the relegation group with ease and managed to bring the match level. A draw wasn't enough and we entered the relegation play off.

RelegationPlayoffResults_zps936a3f8b.png

My thoughts:

We had a critical injury to our captain and key centre back just before the Casa game and that really put us in the lurch, its been our issue through out the season our defending was terrible at the best of times and we really didn't improve. Losing out on away goals was really tough but tbh i'm not sure we really deserved it in the end; over the two legs we sucked.

Next time...

With us relegated, its time for me to move on again; I've loaded the Irish, Welsh and Northern Irish Leagues because I want a change of scenery and with my reputation in ruins, these lower rep leagues will hopefully hire me!

Tough luck in Portugal. It can be a very unforgiving place. Good luck in your job search.
Its always tough getting relegated. Hopefully you will have more success with your new club.

Thanks! Really hope I can turn my fortunes around! Maybe some time in the homeland will prove fruitful!

WestEndEmblem_zpsb87e47d0.png

West End – 2015 Preview

Boards Expectations

FAW Welsh Cup: 3rd Round

theWord Cup: Be competitive

My Expectations

League: Same as above

FAW Welsh Cup: As I enter at the 3rd Round I would rather just concentrate on the League.

theWord Cup: Same as FAW cup.

Current Wages: £99 p/w

Wage Budget: £2.587k p/w

Balance: £31,426

With almost all players at the club on a non-contract basis, I have effectively my whole budget to spend on players!

West End – Preseason 2015

Transfers In

Transfers Out

Lots of transfers in! The squad was very bare and very much underwhelming when I joined so I've recruited extensively. Due to the club only just been promoted; I had some problems attracting experienced players to our team so I ended up getting quite a few youngsters in.

Josh Lane - Good Passing in the middle of the park i hope.

Richie O'Brian - Much needed defender

Martin Wright - Low Determination but not too bad overall stats.

Luke Robinson -Looking for him to lead the line and use his acceleration and pace to break the last defenders

Sebastien Jervis - Will be used on the left midfield due to a shortage of players in that position available to transfer in.

Luke Doughas - Full back that I hope will fare better after we get a ME update.

Rhys Nash - Abit of creative flair in the middle of the park, decisions will need some work though.

Liam Mcphee - Another decent young defender.

The only transfers out were a few players that weren't going to get any playing time at all but they all were on non contracts so it didn't save me any money!

Current Wage: £1,907

Wage Budget: £2,584

Balance: £13,254

Preseason Results

Preseason15Results_zps1bbfb5fe.png

My thoughts:

Mixed results and performance from our pre-season fixtures, lots of goals scored but defensively very poor but really it was a case of no tactical familiarity down to the fact that it was a brand new squad. (I hope!) First game of the season is home against current champions Bangor City! Welcome to the Welsh Premier then!

West End – First Half 15/16

Transfers In

Transfers Out

Quieter transfer period with only a few reinforcements

Gary Stephen - Tall defender to give us some aerial presence

Matthew Cooper - Brought in with change in formation in mind to try and shore up our leaky defence

Iain Edmunds - strengthens our weakest position, on Loan for now but I have an option to buy for £0.

Few transfers out; nobody of any consequence.

Finances

Current Wage: £2,458 p/w

Wage Budget: £2,581 p/w

Balance: £949

Welsh Premier

WelshPremierResults2015_zps5777eb3b.png

CorbettSportsWelshPremierLeague_OverviewStages2015  _zpsedaa7e9e.png

What can I say? we performed above my expectations to start with but as the season got older we lost our way with some comical defending like this:

[video=youtube;Xt_E3gavjw8]

[video=youtube;YQBrimct4ak]

Some of the games we could of done better in but I couldn't get the strikers to perform consistently, however the surprise of the season was Shaun Llewellyn he tops the assists and goal scored charts for the club; I hadn't even thought he would get many games.

Didn't really concentrate much on the cups; so we only got as far as expected.

TheWord Cup:

theWordCup2015_zpsfc5d64c8.png

FAW Welsh Cup:

WelshCup_zps00240265.png

Top Assists: Shaun Llewellyn

Top Scorers: Shaun Llewellyn

Best Player: Shaun Llewellyn

My thoughts:

Gutted about our second half of this period; First half we managed 16 points from 33 but we only won two games out of 11 in the second half with only 12 points. Loses against rivals for the that important 6th position which would of guaranteed our survival when the league splits into two; champions conference and the relegation conference really disappointed me and the defeat against Porthmadog who were the whipping boys of the league really annoying. Really hoping our form improves as the table is very close and we could easily fall into the relegation battle.

West End – Relegation Conference / Season Review 2016

Finances

Current Wage: £2,472 p/w

Wage Budget: £2,490 p/w

Balance: £30,184

Welsh Premier

RelegationConference2016_zpsf2f4f88d.png

CorbettSportsWelshPremierLeagueFinalResults2016_zps9c80e617.png

It was a pretty decent end to the season, we played 10 won 5 drew 3 and lost 2. Prestayn and Porthmadog were relegated with 3 games left so it was purely about finishing as high as we could. We had a good run to finish although our last two games were played against the bottom two.

We finished 7th and I thought that was the end of it! However the season wasn't done! Only three days after our last fixture we had to play in the Euro Places Quarter-Final against Carmarthen! In the Welsh Premier there are 4 European places available; the champions enter the Champions league and the next 3 enter the Europa league. For the last place a play off with the 3th-7th match off, with 7th vs 6th then the winner against 3rd and 4th vs 5th to see who play in the final.

Euro Places Quarter Final:

EuroPlacesPlayoffQuarter_zpsf5aa53aa.png

A nervy game for both teams but we were the better team with Robinson having a great game and should of scored two but for his shot to hit both posts and bounce into the keepers hands.

Euro Places Semi Final:

EuroPlacesPlayoffSemi_zpsc8cb9ad0.png

The next game was only another 3 days again was away against AirBus so our guys were getting tired after 3 games in 9 days and it was just one step too far for us. Disappointed that we lost but the odds were really against us with the seeding and the fixtures schedule as it was.

Squad and player awards:

Top Assists: Shaun Llewellyn

Top Scorer: Shaun Llewellyn

Team of the year:

WestEnd_HistoryBestEleven_zpsdbd21678.png

Best Players:

1st: Shaun Llewellyn The best player by far all season; ending up with the most assists in the league (20) and scored 16 goals as well, the main reason we did as well as we did. Hopefully he can carry it on next season!

2nd: Gary Stephens Really made a difference to our defence in the latter part of the season; Really hope I can keep hold of him for the next few years.

3rd: Nathan Lodge The second best striker in terms of goals scored but was quite inconsistent

My thoughts:

Looking at home and away form over the season: we would of been 3rd behind Bangor and TNS if we only played away from home but at Home we would of been 8th! So the first thing I'd like to improve next season is our home form. We have moved to the Liberty Stadium as we have had to improve our stadium to comply with the league regulations. Unforunately my squad will not be the same next year as well known problems with lower league contracts and although I've held on to a few of the "Best of" my midfield has been decimated; this season I will try and tie everyone I sign on the longest contract I can offer them to attempt to build a squad for the next couple years. The key to this club growing is Europe, so the aim of this season is to make the euro places play off.

West End – 2016 Preview

Boards Expectations

FAW Welsh Cup: 4rd Round

My Expectations

League: I think we can at least aim for the Champions Conference this year; gives us a chance at Europe!

FAW Welsh Cup: After realising that winning the Welsh cup gives a Europa league spot; I will be concentrating on this more.

theWord Cup: We'll give it a good go!

Current Wages: £2,083 p/w

Balance:£31,184

West End – Preseason 2016

Transfers In

Transfers Out

With more players going out than in this year; I've managed to keep our wage budget down to help with our finances. I didn't want to lose most of these players but none of the would even talk to me about new contracts. However I managed to re-sign Lolo Dafydd. All the players signed I tied them down with the longest contract I could offer them, meaning that hopefully the squad can stay intact for the next two seasons at least.

Current Wage: £2,084 p/w

Balance: £13,254

Preseason Results

PreSeason2016Results_zps5bf58552.png

My thoughts:

Pre-season results were fairly good, the under-19s gave us the most trouble; after a big chunk of my first team left in the summer the pre-season fixtures were about gelling the new recruits. We have a much better understanding of our tactics now compared to last season so I am confident we can make it to the Champions Conference this year!

West End – First Half 2016/17

Finances

Current Wage: £2,340 p/w

Balance: £40,245

Welsh Premier

Results2016_zps8033686a.png

Jan17Table_zpse906b0d3.png

Wow! What a great end to 2016!! We have played brilliantly almost all season so far Luke Robinson and Llewellyn being the stars of the show. Our away form continues to be better than our home form; the reason behind this I think is because teams attack us and leave plenty of room for Robinson to run into. Pretty proud that we had the best defence in the league, conceding only 29 goals! This was mainly down to the fact both Stephens and McPhee were consistently playing well, although Stephens has now signed for Rhyl after only being on Non Contract and didn't want to sign a proper contract even though we are 2nd and Rhyl are 11th? He still isn't on a proper contract with his non contract bonuses the exactly same as he was on with us...

TheWord Cup:

LeagueCupResults16_zps860450a1.png

Didn't really put much effort into this cup played the youth team/Reserves for this competition and it showed against Haverfordwest, we beat them in the league a few days before and that's what matters.

FAW Welsh Cup:

FAWCupResults16_zps149a2e53.png

Decent run in this cup with a place in the second round of the Europa League for the winner of this I placed more importance on this and hopefully we can avoid the big guys and sneak a win!

Most Assists: 21 Shaun Llewellyn

Top Scorer: 25 Luke Robinson

Best Player: 7.86 Luke Robinson

My thoughts:

I couldn't of wished for a better start! But now its the real challenge these next 10 games are against the top 6 teams so every match won't be guaranteed result but I'm quietly confident we can do really well this year.

West End – Champions Conference / Season Review 2016/17

Finances

Balance: £70,044

Welsh Premier

ChampionsConferenceResults17_zps0cb832d2.png

FinalTable2016_17_zpsf081b4ae.png

We were a completely difference team in the second half of the season and couldn't pick up a win anywhere! We had a series of injuries to our defence combined with Gary Stephens leaving, Robinson and Llewellyn misfiring so we couldn't defend or score. VERY frustrating to say the least! All I can say is that it was a good thing we scored so many points in the first part of the season!

Euro Places Semi Final:

EuroPlacesPlayoffSemi17_zpsb202d47f.png

The repeat of the last years semi final saw us place AirBus again for a place in the Europa league as Bangor winning the FAW cup meant that both teams in the final will qualify for the first qualifying round of the Europa League. It was only our second win this period and revenge over last years semi final!

Euro Places Final:

EuroPlacesPlayoffFinal17_zps344fdd35.png

A game we didn't really have much chance in, Bitchell got a goal back to make it 2-1 but we were never really in it; but the result didn't matter as both teams entered the Europa League at the same time.

FAW Cup:

FAWCupResults17_zpsc53e6368.png

Decent run in the FAW Cup ending with the eventual winners Bangor City beating us on penalties, one of our better displays in this part of the season.

Squad and player awards:

Most Assists: 21 Shaun Llewellyn

Top Scorer: 30 Chris Robinson

Team of the year:

WestEnd_HistoryBestEleven-2_zps65821baf.png

Best Players:

1st: Shaun Llewellyn Our best player in the first half of the season but didn't do anything in the second part; I think he is finally playing like my ass man thinks he should do: **** Topped the leagues assist charts with 21.

2nd: Chris Robinson The top scorer with 30 goals in 33 appearances, again struggled after the break.

3rd: Liam McPhee The young defender was much more consistent this year and managed to score 7 goals as well

My thoughts:

Great start to the season, very poor end; we can make the champions conference easily I think but its being able to beat the top teams will be the key next time! Europa League next season! so a very short holiday for the boys as the 1st qualifying round is in early July! This should provide much needed finance for the club! Almost all players at the club have time left on their contract I won't be doing too much in the transfer window.

West End – 2017/18 Preview

Boards Expectations

League: Europa League play off

FAW Welsh Cup: 4rd Round

Europa League: First Qualifying Round

My Expectations

League: 3rd; I feel like we can push the top teams this year, it will come down to keeping it together in the champions conference!

FAW Welsh Cup: After making the semi final, last year I want to do one better and make the final!

theWord Cup: Not particularly fussed by this.

Europa League: I would like to think we can get to the Second Qualifying round, for much needed finances.

Current Wages: £2,340 p/w

Wage Budget: £2,320 p/w

Balance:£70,044

With wages cut due to the club losing money I don't think I will be bringing in many new faces; hopefully the money from the Europa League will improve the situation!

West End – Preseason 2017/18

Transfers In

Transfers Out

Not too many transfers in this year with a only few players in to strengthen the side

More going out this year including Shawn Llewelyn the star of the last two seasons but he seems to have lost his magic and spent the second half of last season not even on the bench and with him on one of the highest wages I decided to let him go.

A few youngsters went on loan, which is nice to see as it shows they have some promise!

Current Wage: £2,084 p/w

Wage Budget: £2,320 p/w

Balance:£143,078

Preseason Results

Preseason17Friendlies_zpsee26dbcf.png

Europa League

EuropaLeagueResults_zpscae59761.png

My thoughts:

With Preseason starting so early due to our participation in the Europa league; the only team we could play were the u19s or the reserves to start with, then came the first round against Faroe islands team EB/Streymer and we annihilated them in the first leg!! Setting our record win in the process! The return leg was fairly pointless but we did a good job winning on aggregate 12-2! The second round was against Rangers who had made it back to the Scottish premiership but weren't quite up to the same standard finishing 4th the previous season. They played us off the park in both games tbh losing 7-3 but I was proud of the boys! We played more friendlies but it was mainly for the other players to get fitness. Our run in the Europa League saw us rake in £250,000 in prize money, TV money and gate receipts making our finances look much better!! I'm pretty confident that we can make our targets this year and really start to make some head way in this league!

• 2 weeks later...

West End – First Half 2017/18

Finances

Wage Budget: £2,310 p/w

Balance: £43,310

Welsh Premier

ResultsFirstHalf_zps49d10794.png

PremierFirstHalfStandings_zps77fff260.png

Really good first half of the season!! Highlights include: Beating TNS both home and away 5-1 and 6-2 respectively! Scott Bitchell scoring 5 times and getting a perfect 10 rating! a 7-6 thriller at Rhyl and beating Bangor City 5-2 at home!

TheWord Cup:

LeagueCupfirsthalf_zpsbbdfb02b.png

Knocked out by Haverfordwest again, but I'm not really fussed tbh

FAW Welsh Cup:

WelshCupFirstHalf_zpsbda7c104.png

Easy games in this cup so far so not much to say about it really.

Most Assists: 14 Tom Field

Top Scorer: 23 Scott Bitchell

Best Player: 7.55 Scott Bitchell

Scott Bitchell has come into his own this season, taking over from Shawn Llewellyn as the DLF but unlike Shawn has scored more goals than assists, however both Robinson and Bitchell have been sharing assists and goals.

My thoughts:

Almost the same number of points and in the exact same position as last year. Last year it fell apart at this stage and we only managed 4 points from 30. We must do better this time. With no easy games its a challenge to keep morale strong if the results go south. Fingers crossed!

West End – Champions Conference / Season Review 2017/18

Finances

Balance: £22,073

Welsh Premier

SecondHalfResults_zps5fe6c6c7.png

FinalTable_zpscc888b16.png

Some what better results this time round but we still couldn't keep up our form and only managed 11 points out of 30. Not good enough to challenge for the title!

Euro Places Semi Final:

PlayoffSemi_zps105cb9b3.png

A nail bitting game against Port Talbot that went all the way to penalties! We were pretty luck to win this game.

Euro Places Final:

PlayoffFinal_zps23e74ea9.png

We started very quickly and the tie was over after 20 mins! Bangor managed to get one back but it was too late to make any difference! Tbh the result didn't matter as both the finalists were in the Europa league next season with TNS winning the Cup but its always good to beat Bangor!!

FAW Cup:

WelshCupSecondHalf_zps7c14e37b.png

My first cup final!! some high scoring games in the previous rounds with a now typical up and down game against Rhyl saw us through to the final against TNS but again we weren't a match for the decent teams in the cup.

Squad and player awards:

Most Assists: 17 Tom Field

Top Scorer: 34 Scott Bitchell

Team of the year:

WestEnd_HistoryBestEleven-3_zps0f7cd5ee.png[/url]

Best Players:

1st: Scott Bitchell Top scorer this season and made himself the first name of the teamsheet.

2nd: Luke Robinson The other main striker who weighed in with 22 goals and 17 assists

3rd: Tom Field Top assists and main central midfielder

My thoughts:

We didn't capitulate as badly as the previous year but we didn't do that much better and could much more! However we qualified for the Europa League again and that will give us some much needed money! With a few decent youth players coming through the ranks I won't be bringing in many new faces in the off season. This will help to keep the wages down because even with the revenue from Europe the club isn't making a huge amount.

Archived