Average Points - Cannot deselect

Koki

Thank you for your replies. So this means I'm stuck with my editor file until the next patch? I don't really understand those fate actions. What are they for? I am editing an existing file with fate actions but the fate actions seem to be duplicate with the promotion/relegation settings?

krlenjushka, you're my saviour again :D Here's my situation:

The average point setting is set and cannot be unselected due to a bug. magicmastermind124 suggested that if I don't use fate actions and everything else is set correctly (starting year, year interval), the bug shouldn't have an effect and the leagues will take place yearly without considering average points. Can you confirm this? Else I am stuck with my file until the next patch.

thats something new in fm14. never mind. how can i help you? i dont have editor 2014 so be specific please so i can understand and explain to you :)

Buy FM2014. You just confuse people with such posts. :)

@ Krlenjushka: On advanced rules panel: List --> [Country] --> [Competition Name] --> Average Points

As long as you don't add anything to the rule it does not affect your game. It's like selecting a general option but not ticking anything.
I think I activated it for some leagues when fiddling around with the editor, so "number of years" jumped to 2 automatically and "type" was also specified afterwards. There are no fate actions entries beneath, though. Please tell me, I'll be alright... my editor file has already 4000+ changes :-S

It's a bug, but I don't think that it has any influence in the game. It's the same like you tick "points deductions" but do not add any club.

in that case just dont mess with fate actions in average points section and everything will be ok

Unfortunately it has an influence. I ran a simulation and all the affected leagues are not being played in the 2nd year, although I had no fate actions set :( Really gutted now, think I'll go to sleep and decide how I will proceed tomorrow. Probably download an existing file and then edit it to my liking without advanced rules. But thank you for your support KUBI and krlenjushka!

maybe its something wrong in your settings
The obvious wrong setting is that I accidently activated the average point checkbox and due to a bug it can't be undone and the other options under that point can't be resetted, too.

there is no changes to xml file after "enabled" button. you probably have some other isue in file...
But probably there is a change when you set the amount of years and the mode for the average points rule? Where would I find that in the xml-file? Would I simply need to remove that from the xml?

Archived