[Skinning]Home team logo on match header

TomDixon77

Not sure if this is the right place, but if you want to put the team logos into the header on the match screen on previous versions of FM, you'd use the mnpc and scpc widget id's.

Unfortunately, in FM14 mnpc retrieves the competition logo, Scpc and mbpc (the id for the home team background logo) still work fine.

Is this a bug, or is there a different id for the home team?

When I said I wasn't sure whether it was the right place, I really meant within the bugs forum. I'm pretty certain this is either a deliberate change (although the default skins don't use logos anywhere in the header) or a bug (which I lean towards, as the other id's that I used in FM13 still work, just not mnpc)

When I said I wasn't sure whether it was the right place, I really meant within the bugs forum. I'm pretty certain this is either a deliberate change (although the default skins don't use logos anywhere in the header) or a bug (which I lean towards, as the other id's that I used in FM13 still work, just not mnpc)

yeah, Tom...I'm now where near a genius as you, but I've tried all sorts of methods....I especially like the logo's on the match scoreboard....here's the best I can come up with since the home team logo will not work (I used mbpc for mnpc to get the home team background logo)

http://s1029.photobucket.com/user/count_greenman/media/ScoreboardIssuewithHomelogo_zps5348bdd0.png.html

• SI Staff

I don't think I have the answer to this, but I'll give a try.

Maybe just need to create a container where to include the code. I'll try to include it just before the code for the home team name.

And I'll try to ask to the widget to be aligned to left and center_y.

My idea is that the logo is there but can't be seen.

I get this kind of situation when trying to edit some inbox panel, the code was there, working for sure...but the picture was not showing.

The alignement was so that the other widgets recovered the one I wanted to add. Unfortunatly until now I didn't succeed to resolve it.

It's not sure at all that it will work...I never thought about doing something like this, never really edit the scoreboard except of size and I'm a poor skinner.

Sorry if it doesn't work, hope you'll get expert advices.

Best regards

Allen IR........we can get a logo there, but it is the competition logo, not the home team logo (the code "mnpc" controls the home team logo, but not in the scoreboard's case anymore). I changed the mnpc to mbpc and that is what gives me the background logo at least.

Thanks for the input...will review (I'm not a master skinner either)

ScoreboardIssuewithHomelogo_zps5348bdd0.png[/url]

• SI Staff

Hello;

you're welcome. Sorry I didn't get well the matter the first time...I didn't see that the matter was about what kind of logo were displayed.

I tested yesterday and get the competition logo for the mbpc code too mr Dixon.

I tried my tips, tried to create a container including the widget for a home team logo but I didn't succeed anything until now; so it looks as it doesn't work sorry.

I'll keep on searching as it would be nice to make this kind of scoreboard alvailable. The matter will be to find the home team small logo id.

I'll try a little bit more today, hope I'll get a result.

IDs have been changed for FM14 (really should have been able to guess the new home id as it makes sense rather being the normal seemingly random collection of letters for an id):

Home - Instead of "mnpc" use "htpc"

Away - Instead of "scpc" use "atpc"

Competiton - Instead of "fxCo" use "mnpc"

Use this for Competition Logo:

<container width="15" />
                 <!-- comp logo -->
         <widget class="picture" id="fxCo" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="18" width="25" image_alignment="left, centre_y">

<layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0"/>
   <record id="object_property">
     <integer id="get_property" value="mnpc" />
     <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
   </record>

</widget>

This for Home Team Logo:

<container width="15" />
<!-- home team main logo -->
<widget class="picture" id="hmtF" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="18" width="25" image_alignment="left, centre_y">
<integer id="get_property" value="htpc" />
</record>
</widget>

This for Away Team Logo:

<container width="15" />
<!-- away team main logo -->
         <widget class="picture" id="awtF" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="18" width="25" image_alignment="left, centre_y">
     <integer id="get_property" value="atpc" />
   </record>
           </widget>

Quick screenshot:

kmks.jpg

Can you guys help me please?

atjs.png

full image link

1. i can't align to the right the home team name

2. can't change clock font color

here is my home team code:

<!-- home team -->
   <container width="240">
     <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="horizontal" offset="0" gap="0"/>
     <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0"/>

<!--home team background colour-->
     <widget class="picture" id="T1bp" auto_size="vertical" file="boxes/scoreboard/team/bar" cached="true" rthr="68">
       <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0"/>
       <layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0"/>
     </widget>

<container>
       <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left" gap="0" offset="0"/>
       <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="horizontal,fill" offset="0" gap="0"/>
       <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0"/>

<container width="10"/>

<!--home team name -->
       <widget class="text_button" id="T1nm" size="18"  auto_size="horizontal" alignment="[b][color="#FF0000"]right[/color][/b],centre_y" click_event="htac" style="semi_bold, shadowed" font="fonts/lithosblack">
         <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0"/>
       </widget>

<container width="10"/>

</container>

</container>

Try changing the left in this line to right:

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left" gap="0" offset="0"/>

2. Clock should be controlled by this code (first line normal time, second line added):

<widget class="text" id="Mclk" size="16" auto_size="vertical" alignment="centre" font="fonts/match titlebar" />

<widget class="text" id="Mijt" size="8" height="12" alignment="centre" colour="match scoreboard added time" style="semi_bold" />

Try adding the colour code from the second line to the first line, alternatively there are various match scoreboard colours that are coded in the settings file:

<!-- match scoreboard colours -->

<colour name="match scoreboard clock" red="255" green="255" blue="255"/>

<!-- clock colour -->

<colour name="match scoreboard score" red="255" green="255" blue="0"/>

<!-- score colour -->

<colour name="match scoreboard aggregate score" red="255" green="200" blue="0"/>

<!-- agg score colour -->

<colour name="match scoreboard added time" red="0" green="220" blue="0"/>

<!-- added time colour -->

can you share the files of this scoreboard?

Here drop it into the panels folder of the skin you are using (if you are using the default skins download the base skin first)

Note the file hasn't been properly tested so postion maybe off during a live match, it also won't work with FMC mode as the coding is different.

Here drop it into the panels folder of the skin you are using (if you are using the default skins download the base skin first)

Note the file hasn't been properly tested so postion maybe off during a live match, it also won't work with FMC mode as the coding is different.

ok i will test :D thnk u very much

edit: tested and it's perfect :thup:

Try changing the left in this line to right:

2. Clock should be controlled by this code (first line normal time, second line added):

<widget class="text" id="Mclk" size="16" auto_size="vertical" alignment="centre" font="fonts/match titlebar" />

<widget class="text" id="Mijt" size="8" height="12" alignment="centre" colour="match scoreboard added time" style="semi_bold" />

Try adding the colour code from the second line to the first line, alternatively there are various match scoreboard colours that are coded in the settings file:

<!-- match scoreboard colours -->

<colour name="match scoreboard clock" red="255" green="255" blue="255"/>

<!-- clock colour -->

<colour name="match scoreboard score" red="255" green="255" blue="0"/>

<!-- score colour -->

<colour name="match scoreboard aggregate score" red="255" green="200" blue="0"/>

<!-- agg score colour -->

<colour name="match scoreboard added time" red="0" green="220" blue="0"/>

<!-- added time colour -->

1. didn't change the position of the text :(

2. i've added colour="match scoreboard clock" and changed that color to red on the settings, but still i see it white :(

Found out how to change the scoreboard/title font colour it is done in a stupid way. By default the colouring is controlled by the fonts\match titlebar.xml file (you'll need to copy over the default file if you skin doesn't have the file in the fonts folder) you need to change these values to match the colour you want:

<integer id="gradient_upper_colour_red" value="255" />

<integer id="gradient_upper_colour_green" value="255" />

<integer id="gradient_upper_colour_blue" value="255" />

<integer id="gradient_upper_colour_alpha" value="255" />

<integer id="gradient_lower_colour_red" value="177" />

<integer id="gradient_lower_colour_green" value="187" />

<integer id="gradient_lower_colour_blue" value="198" />

<integer id="gradient_lower_colour_alpha" value="255" />

If you don't want a gradient effect have the upper and lower values match, if you don't want these changes to apply elsewhere give the new file a different name and in the panels titlebar file change the font location to match the new file name.

Or alternative method is from the panels\match title bar.xml file where the font="fonts/match titlebar" code is replace it with a colour="XXX" line where XXX is the name of the colour you want to use from the settings file - this method is easier but you lose control over the style of the font, the file in the first method has other options to control style of the text.

They are controlled by the tab strip code in the header.xml file however it's the same code used to display them on the normal header, I haven't had a chance to look at them this year but in the past they have been a pain to edit, though it should/may be possible to use the hide code to hide them on the match screen.

hmm, if i remove the tab strip code, it also removes the menus in the game, not just in the match. if the header.xml file was called by some other file just for the 3d match display, then i could revert that link to an edited header.xml file without menus. Maybe this is to complicated for me :p

Archived