Things you may or may not know about marking.....

I stand corrected. It changes the D-line in FM13 but it doesn't change tempo, and don't believe it changes tackling. So as the closing down setting as such in FM14 team instructions isn't present, how to simply press more (with the slight adjustment of D-line) without increasing tempo and other changes the 'hassle opponents' instruction might have?

-SnUrF

"push higher" presumably, I would imagine that it's somewhat linked with pressing.

E: I really have no idea though, so best to wait for someone else to chime in.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max787, I believe that if you are trying to press more it would be redundant to keep the tempo lower (or the same as before pressing). That and I think a combination of push higher and get stuck in would do it.

But also the base strategy is key. If you're set up on "attacking" you're team is certainly going to be pressing already. That's why for example, if I were on "attacking" I would be extremely careful with how I set my D-Line. It's sort of like if you were using sliders in previous FM, and you had the D-Line all the way up, as far as it could go. That generally causes a lot of problems.

• 1 month later...

I like to sit deep with my tactic, and draw the opponents onto me. (Stand-Off Opponents & Drop Deeper). Would Tight Marking be something that I want to do? as it gives the opponents less space for the pass to be put into?

I like to sit deep with my tactic, and draw the opponents onto me. (Stand-Off Opponents & Drop Deeper). Would Tight Marking be something that I want to do? as it gives the opponents less space for the pass to be put into?

Not sure, but a main problem with your tactic is vulnerability to target men with strong jumping/heading skills. You'd want to tight-mark the forward and the wingers to stop the crosses. You'd also want to check the oppo off-the-ball skills to see if they can shake off your markers in the box.

Not sure, but a main problem with your tactic is vulnerability to target men with strong jumping/heading skills. You'd want to tight-mark the forward and the wingers to stop the crosses. You'd also want to check the oppo off-the-ball skills to see if they can shake off your markers in the box.

Okay thanks :thup:

Archived