FM14: Barnsley FC - Because Every Little Thing, Is Gonna' Be Alright!

lewis999

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look at us get on to page 2.

Haha its going to go on for a while longer!

Just finished my 2nd season, finishing at an impressive 9th! Just 6 points from the play offs. Finished in fine form and if the season was a few games longer i would have certainly made the play offs.

Middlesbrough wanted to speak to me so i massaged my ego a bit and heard what they had to say. The board then got worried and i requested a bigger wage budget to stay and they obliged.

Extended the contracts of Paul Dummet, Martin Cranie and my keeper Jo Coppens. Progress is being made and i have my eye on the play offs next season.

Just need to bring a striker in, O'Gradys contract is up, but don't know whether to renew.

Aha, yeah I did, I'm Yeovil in the prem. He's only on 6k a week (which is weird) and he's 33. I think it's because he asked to become an U18 coach as well so that naturally lowered his wage demands.

Luke Shaw to PSG? Benteke to Dortmund? Pogba back to United was an interesting signing I think.

Ongenda has been sent back to PSG, due to injury. He is available on a free transfer, but I don't have enough money to sign him. He only wants £10,000 a year. Before he left, he had scored another 20 league goals, the third time he had done this.

I thought I might be left with no finisher, but Anderson Banvo has stepped up. Not the best attributes, but has scored 5 in 10 games.

Ongenda has been sent back to PSG, due to injury. He is available on a free transfer, but I don't have enough money to sign him. He only wants £10,000 a year. Before he left, he had scored another 20 league goals, the third time he had done this.

I thought I might be left with no finisher, but Anderson Banvo has stepped up. Not the best attributes, but has scored 5 in 10 games.

Signed this Ongenda on loan, scored 3 in 2 for me so far.

Put up your tactics and we could help you out!

I don't think its my tactics. I think, because I am restricting myself and selling my best players to balance the books, this keeps hindering any progres. The fact my wages available to me are £108,000 a year and I am spending £80,000 a year might show where I am failing. I might have to change my views on the save to help progress.

I don't think its my tactics. I think, because I am restricting myself and selling my best players to balance the books, this keeps hindering any progres. The fact my wages available to me are £108,000 a year and I am spending £80,000 a year might show where I am failing. I might have to change my views on the save to help progress.

Where are you finishing in the league? You could push on from that position with a smaller budget, I managed it with Yeovil by signing players such as Keith Fahey, Pape Bouba Diop and Lassad, just it's hard and you have to accept (as you have done) that quality does talk.

What are your aims? Do you plan to push on and get promoted quickly (which will cost more) or hope for a longer term solution through youth etc?

This guy is a beast, even in my third season. His pass completion rate is awesome, the main reason i am doing so well!

Can't say I remember his pass completion on mine aha, I'm in my third season in the prem and my midfield consists of Javi Garcia, John Obi, Hatem Ben Arfa, Jake Livermore and Adam Forshaw aha. Don't get too jealous!

Got anything planned today Sam?

I had Fahey and he retired last year.

My aim now is to get promoted as I will lose my job if I don't. Overall plan is to try and develop young players and move on. I will hopefully post later some screenshots of tactics an players etc.

I had Fahey and he retired last year.

My aim now is to get promoted as I will lose my job if I don't. Overall plan is to try and develop young players and move on. I will hopefully post later some screenshots of tactics an players etc.

Did you set your board expectation as promotion? That's a challenge!

One of best players is Adam Forshaw, look at him. If you can get him a good price he's well worth it.

Well, yesterday i finished my 3rd season in 2nd! Promoted on the last day.

Proving really difficult bringing players in though, the wage budget isn't that much.

Congratulations! Got any transfer budget?

Wakey, what did you get for those and what was your previous finish?

Just checking while at work and the thread was nearly at the bottom of the page, so thought I would bump it up.

Managed to save my job in League One by finishing strongly and finishing just one place below the play offs after a draw in the final game of the season, meant I dropped out of them.

I think I have signed well in the summer and currently sit top of League One after 2 games, and through to the 2nd round of the Capital One cup after beating Preston 11-10 on penalties.

Did you manage to Ongenda samwilzrhcp?

Yes i renewed his loan until the end of the season.

First game of the season i played Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, went 1-0 up through Ongenda, but narrowly lost the game 2-1, gutted.

Made up for it after though with a thumping 6-0 win over Aston Villa. Lost to West Brom then Liverpool, and drew to some team i can't remember haha.

So far so good, need to avoid relegation then i can really push on after sending my scouts to South America!

I almost want to start again and rectify my mistakes, but then again I have come so far. I am tinkering too much and need to stick with one tactic and just change shouts. I can't help myslef by trying to strive for the best tactic that will destroy all teams. I have already damaged my season. Looks like I will miss out on play offs again.

I almost want to start again and rectify my mistakes, but then again I have come so far. I am tinkering too much and need to stick with one tactic and just change shouts. I can't help myslef by trying to strive for the best tactic that will destroy all teams. I have already damaged my season. Looks like I will miss out on play offs again.

I've had to but I'm going to really try and keep going with them. If i finish bottom I finish bottom. Hopefully I don't get sacked but I want to keep going with them.

Anyone done anything with the younger players. Digby Rose RNL???

I've had to but I'm going to really try and keep going with them. If i finish bottom I finish bottom. Hopefully I don't get sacked but I want to keep going with them.

Anyone done anything with the younger players. Digby Rose RNL???

ROse and RNL no. I got Digby, Rusling and Talent to a decent level. Rusling has been my number 1 for some years now. Although being in League One helps I would have thought. Digby now plays for Millwall, sold him for £2m and Talent sold for £1m to Burnley.

I use three tactics and I rarely use shouts. Normally my tactics can counter the usual ones that the AI throws up. On occasion, I'll mess around with the shouts.

Finished another season and still in League One and still have my job. I lost out on promotion in the play offs final, which means if I can buy well and keep my players I should be pushing for automatic promoion.

Finally got a 4-1-2-2-1 going. Playing standard and very rigid. My midfield triangle is DLP (D), CM (A) & AP (A). My wide players are both IF (S) and a DLF (S). I destroyed Burnley in the semi's of the playoffs 5-2 on aggregate.

Onwards and upwards.

Archived