FM14: Barnsley FC - Because Every Little Thing, Is Gonna' Be Alright!

lewis999

I have actually made a profit over the season of £100k. Although a loan of £345k a month is going to distroy that until it ends in July 2014. I am going for no quick fixes and trying to promote the youth. I am middle table in February. No chance of playoffs and 10 points off the drop. One concern is that I will have to rebuild again next season. Half my team are loans.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just managed a fantastic win. There manager said they were gonna wipe the floor with us easily I commented back saying complacency is a killer, and it was.

2013-11-20_00003_zpsda3b067f.jpg

Just got to try and get a result at White Hart Lane and then I am probably in Europe as the other Semi-Final is Wigan 0-2 Chelsea from the first leg and Chelsea are in the top 4.

40 seconds into the second leg and 1-0 up :cool: fingers crossed.

6 minutes in and 2-0 Super Chris O'Grady goes round Lloris.

Feels too good to be true, surely?

Match finished 2-1 to me. Another screenshot later when i'm back on, not that you all want to see it just so I can see it again :D

Playing Chelsea in the final and they're 2nd in the Premier League, 8 points clear of 3rd so hopefully either way I have European Football.

2 games away from finishing the season. Got knocked out in the F.A Cup 6th round replay to Chelsea after drawing 2-2 with them. Lost in the final of the Carling Cup to Chelsea 2-0 but they may still win the Premiership so I think I have a European spot.

Won the Championship already by around 10 points to second placed Blackburn. Hoping to get a decent budget for the Premiership.

For some reason I didn't get entered into the Europa League even though I finished runners up of the Carling Cup. They must of changed the ruling on that.

Interesting pre-season so far signings wise anyway. I have taken Carlos Fierro to Oakwell for 2.5m. Keep trying to convince Lukaku to spend a season here. On his scout report it says he isn't far away from wanting to join us on loan. So a good start to the season and you never know.

Hi Hurricanez. The player's I kept hold of and used all season were Luke Steele, Martin Cranie, Scott Wiseman, Jacob Mellis (best player probably) David Perkins, Reuben Noble-Lazarus has the potential to be a good premier league midfielder, Dale Jennings from Bayern Munich can be very effective and my top scorer in the first season Chris O'Grady.

The rest I sold although if you use wingers Jim O'Brien can be very useful, the reason I sold him was I play at 3 at the back formation with defensive wingers and his marking is 2 so he had to go. The rest aren't good enough if you're wanting to get out of the league straight away. If you aren't too bothered about going up the first season then nearly every player are solid Championship players but I wanted to get to the Prem as soon as I could.

Any more questions mate, just ask i'll be happy to help.

After finishing the season, I can say that not many players make the grade in my save. I am going for the long term save. I am trying to turn the finances round and then have a head long attack at getting into the prem. I am looking at using youth. Talent Ndlovu has developed well and will be playing a lot in the next season. When I get on next I will see who is left from the original squad. I did make £3m or so pounds just from sales and only brought in frees and loans.

Mind you, I did get sacked, but went back changed a few things and looks better now.

I am in the second season now and having a bit of bad luck. Had Hull first game of the season and took the lead, but lost 3-1. Beat Notts County 1-0 in the League Cup, to draw West Ham in the next round. Held a 1-0 lead against Yeovil away, but failed to hold on and lost the game in injury time 2-1 (can't help, but think it was my teamtalk, think I opted for I am happy with the way you're playing. Should have gone with don't get complacent!)

When I get on tonight I will lioad up the transfers. Trying to stick with players on free or loans, just like real life, but think I bought one player.

How you getting on Lewis999, Hurricanez & Barnsleyfan?

Just lost my first game in the Premier League to Everton. So frustrating as in the last 3 games i'd just beaten Chelsea 3-1 in the Capital One Cup against there strongest team, then I

beat Man City at the Etihad 1-0 and then drew with Chelsea at home 1-1. Then I lose to Everton 3-2 thanks to my CB giving away a stupid penalty.

Still 6th in the league approaching the end of October and I wanted to share this guy with everyone. Got massive hopes for him.

KMx3UJG.jpg

If I become brave enough he's going to play as my starting RM and hopefully he will perform.

I will do a half season update when I get to the end of the January transfer window.

If anyone wants to see anything, just ask.

Finished my first season on 50 points (wanted to exceed 52) about 2 places above relegation zone. Started off pretty bad (just like irl) tinkering with tactics (442 diamond, 352, 4411) Ended up getting settled with the latter and went on a good run to lift me mid table at Christmas. From that point i had a cheeky eye on the play offs, but injuries to all my wide men scuppered that and i went on an appalling run with me picking up form the last few games of the season.

Signed Keith Fahey, Lewis Milne, Kenny Maclean and Paul Dummet. Had to bring a few players in on loan thanks to the injuries mentioned. One who stood out was Jake Cassidy of Wolves, a replacement for the injured Marcus Pederson.

Tactics this year seem more straight forward and more responsive which makes it more realistic.

Finished my first season on 50 points (wanted to exceed 52) about 2 places above relegation zone. Started off pretty bad (just like irl) tinkering with tactics (442 diamond, 352, 4411) Ended up getting settled with the latter and went on a good run to lift me mid table at Christmas. From that point i had a cheeky eye on the play offs, but injuries to all my wide men scuppered that and i went on an appalling run with me picking up form the last few games of the season.

Signed Keith Fahey, Lewis Milne, Kenny Maclean and Paul Dummet. Had to bring a few players in on loan thanks to the injuries mentioned. One who stood out was Jake Cassidy of Wolves, a replacement for the injured Marcus Pederson.

Tactics this year seem more straight forward and more responsive which makes it more realistic.

Glad to see you in here Sam. Hope to see you build on that first season, who have you got your eye on signings wise for the coming season?

Glad to see you in here Sam. Hope to see you build on that first season, who have you got your eye on signings wise for the coming season?

I have signed a few players after having released the out of contract players.

Not sure how to post screenshots?

I haven't had chance to play on this much. I have turned our season round since the bad luck. I didn't win a game for 10 matches, now I can't stop winning at home and losing away. When I get to the end of the season, I will put some screenshots up.

I just use Steam samwilzrhcp.

Started the third season and still going to be fighting relegation. The whle idea of keeping within budget and trying to maintain a profit is hindering the push up the table. I have sold O'Grady for £775k and intrusted my youth goalkeeper, which may prove to be stupid.

If I get chance I will load some pics, but I get too engrossed in the game and can't spend time loading pics and writing about it. I do think my first team squad is much better, but can't seem to grind the wins out. Conceding far too many.

Again, no screen shots, as I am at work. Finished the third season and successfully avoided relegation for the third consecutive year, while maintaining a game that is close to reality as possible. As I said in the earlier post, I am trying to go about the game how Barnsley are in real life. This means bringing in players on frees or loans and if I do dip into the transfer market for players that do not costs a great deal. I am also prepared to let players go when a decent sum is offered to balance the books for the year. I have yet to finish a season where I haven't made profit, although my balance still remains low, mainly due to the low gate receipts and merchandise etc.

Reality is tough and I fully expect another relegation battle, but I am finding the game more interesting now that I am not just buying my way out of trouble. I have developed some players from the youth set up. Ndlovu, Hannock, Digby and Rusling can all be found in the first team setup and more are being developed now. I fully expect Ndlovu to be the best player we have in a few seasons time. He is 19 and developing really well. His value has risen to £700k already, which looks a good prospect for value in the future.

I still have the links with Liverpool, but might be changing this, as the players that are available for loan between the clubs are not up to standard and may have to revert to Man Utd (I hate them).

Hervin Ongenda has finished top scorer again for the second year running with 20 league goals. I doubt I will have the chance to loan him again, but I will try.

I finished the season on 49 points, relegated were Huddersfield, Doncaster and wait for it Sunderland. Sunderland had 3 managers in the year, including Roberto Martinez. Promoted were Brentford as champions and Everton.

I will try and add some pics at some point.

Ongenda has agreed to sign again for another season long loan spell. PSG are my friends. Just brought Williamson in on free from Newcastle and hopefully bringing in Chuba Akpom from Arsenal, hoping he is as good as last year. Brought in Bossearts from Man City too and looks like he might develop.

Fingers crosed for this season. I want to be mid-table, but still set expectations at avoid relegation.

About half way through my 2nd season, end of January, sitting just above the relegation zone. At the beginning of November i got called into the board room and asked them to give me a month to turn things around as i was in an awful run! Tinkered with my tactics, reverting to shorter passing with a counter philosophy plus playing more Fluid rather than balanced. I am dominating possession and picking up more points, although i am struggling to score.

Lewin Nyatanga is a beast at the back, and i had to offer him a new contract as i didn't want to lose him for peanuts.

Rather small squad and in need of a new striker. The only problem is i have no money and there is nobody available on loan! Really difficult, but at least i have convinced the board to stick with me, or so it seems!

The one I did not want :( wanted us to be a bit more ambitious and give Mike Phelan a chance. He's never managed before but sitting next to Alex Ferguson for a decade plus, you're going to pick a few things up surely.

Danny Wilson did a very good job at Sheffield United in my opinion, always around the top 4, got them to a play off final after losing lead goal scorer Ched Evans.

He wasn't my first choice admittedly, however i must admit i am feeling much more positive. Not expecting him to replicate his last success with us, but obviously circumstances are different, and if he has half the impact than what he did last time around, then we should be okay this season.

Danny Wilson did a very good job at Sheffield United in my opinion, always around the top 4, got them to a play off final after losing lead goal scorer Ched Evans.

He wasn't my first choice admittedly, however i must admit i am feeling much more positive. Not expecting him to replicate his last success with us, but obviously circumstances are different, and if he has half the impact than what he did last time around, then we should be okay this season.

You'll manage to fluke it, don't worry..

The league is very tight yet again. As long as we aren't cut too far adrift we have a great chance. Not even half the season gone yet.

I might be going, depending on whether its pay on the day and i can bring myself to pay the prices. Was going to go on the train but Daz says he'll drop me off.

The league is very tight yet again. As long as we aren't cut too far adrift we have a great chance. Not even half the season gone yet.

I might be going, depending on whether its pay on the day and i can bring myself to pay the prices. Was going to go on the train but Daz says he'll drop me off.

You going in away end? I was considering going but I'm working at 7.

Archived