FM14 - Its a long road back home (a journeyman career)

wazza

For my career game I have started unemployed on a Sunday League reputation. My aim is eventually manage my hometown club Hull City.

Current jobs that I applied for where Carlisle in English Sky Bet League One - This was always going to be ambitious of landing this job - as expected I didn't get shortlisted for an interview and the job went to Nick Barmby.

Following that I applied for Stockport in English Skrill North league and also Larne in the Belfast Telegraph C1 league with both interviews a day apart.

Ideally I wished to get the Stockport job as the club has plummeted down the leagues in the last 10 years or so from the Championship to the Skrill North league and this would be a good challenge to get them back from non-league football.

Following the interviews the first club that came back with an offer was

pj2k.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have now given myself a 3 year plan to reach the Football league. The boards current expectations this season is for a title challenge with a media prediction of 3rd - hopefully on a one year deal I can deliver.

My inherited squad

by7z.png

• 1 month later...

STOCKPORT COUNTY FC

5ksf.th.png

Below is an update of my season so far - it is only December 2013 and I have just had a board meeting as my job is very insecure - I have agreed that I will turn things around in 1 month.

SEASON 2013 - 2014 - English Skrill North

MANAGER PROFILE

zy24.png

SEASON EXPECTATIONS AND MEDIA PREDICTION

To achieve promotion from the Skrill North - media prediction 3rd

EXISTING SQUAD

gvxh.png

TRANSFERS

m1at.png

LEAGUE TABLE

k4qd.png

STOCKPORT COUNTY FC

pj2k.png

SEASON 2013 - 2014 - English Skrill North

MANAGER PROFILE

72ua.png

SEASON EXPECTATIONS AND MEDIA PREDICTION

To achieve promotion from the Skrill North - media prediction 3rd

EXISTING SQUAD

gvxh.png

TRANSFERS

m1at.png

KEY PLAYERS

Scott Dobie- Striker - 22 (3 sub) Appearances - 6.98 Average Rating - Scored 13 goals, 5 assists - Man of Match 2

James Tunnicliffe- Defender - 29 Appearances - 7.11 Average Rating - Scored 4 goal, 3 assists - Man of Match 5

9t15.png

PLAYER OF THE SEASON

N/A

TOP GOALSCORER

N/A

ASSISTS

N/A

PLAYER OF MATCH

N/A

FA CUP

4th Qualifying Round - Lost 2 - 1 Alfreton (Board Disappointed)

FA TROPHY

3rd Qualifying Round - Lost 2-1 Bamber Bridge

LEAGUE TABLE

h7sv.png

rrjg.png

CAREER OVERVIEW

Season      Club            League                      League Finish   FA Cup          FA Trophy      Europe       Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14     Stockport   Skrill North                     12th         4th Qual Round    3rd Qual Round    N/A      Sacked 20/1/14

WHAT NEXT

Stockport are in freefall and it was always going to be a difficult challenge to gain promotion first off. Will now start looking for a different club, hopefully still in England

Following my sacking I have been successfully appointed as the new manager of

NORTH FERRIBY AFC

1zdk.png

This is a complete different challenge to Stockport - who wanted instant success.

The club are in the Skrill North for the first time in there history following promotion last season.

The other reason I took the job is that they are local to me and are affiliated with the club my hometown club Hull City in which I support and wish to eventually manage in the game. Im hoping Steve Bruce will send some of the Premiership youngsters on loan to me.

My inherited squad

rdih.png

fzti.png

Transfers prior to being appointed

7enq.png

League Table prior to been appointed

xw4y.png

Aims

For the remainder of the first season I will assess the squad and get to know the existing players. I will also tap up Hull to see if I can obtain any loan players. I don't wish to make any rash predictions at the moment but would like promotion in the next 3 years but I will need to assess the finances which Im expecting to be poor and then I can assess how I can go about making an impact at the club

• 2 weeks later...
Were you sacked at North Ferriby too?

The story is continuing - the save crashed and I thought I had lost it - therefore needed to start again - however I have found a backup copy on my laptop

Archived