FM14 national management: double nationalities

In FM14, will it be possible to persuade those players with double nationalities to play for your side?

ie: Januzaj can still choose for Belgium/Albania/Serbia .. Could you have a talk with him about the national team he wants to represent when you're managing a national team? Or will he just show up as eligible to play for Belgium?

Other example: Zakaria Bakkali could pick Morocco or Belgium, but Wilmots took him along for 2 games just to get a feel of the group & how they work. Following todays newspaper, he picked Belgium over Morocco.

wondering if these kind of choices will be included in FM14?

iirc in 13, some players are shown as 'only wants to play for x' but I'm not sure if it's coded into the game or you can do something to persuade them to play for you.

this has always been frustrating: I'm managing Senegal, but many Senegalese players play in France, are eligible for France or Senegal, and they won't accept a call-up to Senegal, even though quite frankly they're never going to get a call-up from France. I have 3 French players on my Scottish Premier team that are more likely to get a call-up (oh, and 2 Senegalese who ARE on my national team).

Eventually they will decide to play for you if France hasn't selected them. But it can take years. I had two NZ regens who played for the English u21 side, and decided to be picked for NZ at 23. Most other players I see wait until far later in their twenties.

The players who are declared for nation in the DB do so because this is their real life wishes. But I agree there should be a way to talk to players where this isn't set. Eventually they will get called up but only after several years.

The players who are declared for nation in the DB do so because this is their real life wishes. But I agree there should be a way to talk to players where this isn't set. Eventually they will get called up but only after several years.

In my current Save, both Erik Lamela and Mauro Iccardi (both eligible for Argentina and Spain, and Iccardi also for Italy), decided to play for Spain, while in real life, both told they'll wait for an Argentina call.

Also Paulo Dybala apears as have choosen Argentina, while in real life he turned down the U-20 call

I don't think there is something set in the DB, probably some hidden attribute, like loyalty, or something like that

Archived