Does anyone have tips on utilising set pieces?

I honestly feel i lose alot of potential from not setting up set pieces well. In my spurs save i use sigurdson as my FK taker and corner taker, and though i score more than what i would consider an average amount of corners, i only end up scoring maybe 1 DFK per season so i feel im doing something wrong.

Does anyone have any advice?

Siggy is excellent at most technical attributes so I don't think it affects him that much no matter which foot he uses or where the corner is.

For freekicks, send it to best header. Player with best heading and jumping to challenge gk. The next 5 players with best heading and jumping to forward. Of these 5 players, you may want a person with best long shot to stand next to taker as a decoy. Try not to put anyone to disrupt wall, I find that it disrupt our team freekick taker than the opposition wall.

Siggy is excellent at most technical attributes so I don't think it affects him that much no matter which foot he uses or where the corner is.

For freekicks, send it to best header. Player with best heading and jumping to challenge gk. The next 5 players with best heading and jumping to forward. Of these 5 players, you may want a person with best long shot to stand next to taker as a decoy. Try not to put anyone to disrupt wall, I find that it disrupt our team freekick taker than the opposition wall.

I DO have it set to best header, though i find that because i play jose mourinho style and rotate my team more than my underwear i often have the wrong player doing the wrong thing due to set piece instructions being positional rather than personal.

I DO have it set to best header, though i find that because i play jose mourinho style and rotate my team more than my underwear i often have the wrong player doing the wrong thing due to set piece instructions being positional rather than personal.

Then you will have to edit your set piece instructions just before the game. I do that for every game.

From what I have noticed, even when a player is either foot they still use there "preferred foot" regardless of being either footed.

Yeah, would love an option to tell siggy which foot to use when taking from the left and right.

i'm using 'best header' instruction for free kick

and '6 yard' for both corner

1 attack near post, 1 stand on far post, the "crouch player" challenge the keeper, and some players in 'lurk area'

doesn't work all the time but i score plenty goals from the setpieces

cross + positioning + luck!

For Corner I use this set up and it works well for me:

If I have a "Crouch" type player, I will use him to challenge GK. If I don't, this is my set-up positionally:

CDR - Near Post Flick-on

CDL - Challenge GK

STL - Stand Far Post

If I'm in a formation with a DMC, I set him to Lurk Outside Area, if not, I set my MCR or best long-shooter to that.

STR - Attack Far post

M/AM LR - I set both of them to Attack Far Post since I usually have one of them kicking the corner.

Everyone else is either Forward or "Back if Needed". No one is on short option or attack near post.

I do notice that occasionally, my corner taker will just feed it over and over to the DMC/MC outside the area, which is fine he's a legit threat to score on a regular basis (Loves to power them in, curls ball, etc). If he isn't, and I find this happening too often, I will set him to "Back if Needed" or may specifically target my corner takers on the Near Post or into the 6-yd box.

Archived