Odd year in the PL

I'm in the 2018/2019 season and this is the top of the prem with one game left, ridiculously tight with my team (2nd season in prem) just outside of the fight. The lowest points score to win the prem up to now has been 82 so for it to be won on 70 and for me to be so close really is a shame.

As Peterborough we also made it to the FA cup to be beaten by Manchester United, and won the UEFA cup (after winning the league cup last season)! We also had the best defensive record in the league by 6 goals.

screenhunter12jun020322.jpg

The final league table is one of huge disappointment for us, we lost 2-1 at home to Fulham, a result which saved them from relegation but dropped us down to 7th. so no CL for us next season.

Manchester United won a quadruple, even if the title was by 1 goal, so another tie waits for us in the Euro cup winners cup.

Link to final table

The main thing is liverpool shipping 73 goals and going down, their Squad is more than good enough to keep them up, I'm shocked they managed to go down. They finished 5th last season and there is no apparent reason for them to get relegated like this.

any other tight finishes like this one or big teams going down?

Saw Liverpool go down in the first season on my current save. They bounced back up straight away though.

I wish my opponent's in the PL would only get that many points. This season I challenged for the title for the first time, but City made it to 92 points. I landed on 89, Chelsea on 88 and United on 87.

The way Chelsea missed out on becoming champions there is the exact way Ajax did a few seasons ago in real life :')

Dutch Eredivisie 2006/2007, Final Standings

Pos.    Team    Pld.  GS   GA    GD   Pts.
1.      PSV      34   75   25    50    75
2.      Ajax     34   84   35    49    75

That's incredible! 70 points to win the title, IRL Spurs finished 5th on 72 points!

Actually not that incredible.

IRL in 2010/11 the finish was

1st Man U 80 pts

2nd Chelsea 71 pts

3rd Man C 71 pts

So a little less consistency from Manchester United and it could easily haev finished with 3 teams on 71 points.

i'm seeing a lot of randomness in terms of finishing positions.

Wigan finished 5th, then next season were relegated with record lowest points the season after, and in that season Southampton finished 5th

On this same save in an early season, Everton finished rock bottom of the Prem, escaped back to back relegation by finishing just out of the Championship relegation zone on GD and then next season won the championship with 95 points!

Archived