MLS Rules?

With Man City and the New York Yankees creating a new MLS franchise i aminterested in having someone explain the rules of the MLS. For fm14 i plan to tae charge at NYCFC and try to write their history, but i know nothing of the MLS and its different rules to european football leagues, someone care to explain?

Thanks for the link, probably going to need someone to simplify it though :p

This is from another forum and is probably as good as any explanation.

My suggestion would be read through and then ask about anything you aren't sure about.

http://www.theawaystand.co.uk/community/topic/7289-the-mls-where-football-went-rogue/

You probably won't be able to play as the new side anyway - they're not due to enter the MLS until 2015. It'll be the 2014 season that'll be effective as of the release of the game, or the closing stages of the 2013 one.

The drafts are god damn awful as I have experienced recently. I do however recommend not to sign players on 1 year deals, I did this then the player got put on the waiver list and was subsequently released. The league itself is a good one due to the drafts as the teams usually fluctuate in league positions year to year.

The link that Courgar2010 added is a good one, it helped me understand the system by a big margin.

The drafts are god damn awful as I have experienced recently. I do however recommend not to sign players on 1 year deals, I did this then the player got put on the waiver list and was subsequently released. The league itself is a good one due to the drafts as the teams usually fluctuate in league positions year to year.

The link that Courgar2010 added is a good one, it helped me understand the system by a big margin.

The drafts can vary. I think they were actually better in FM12 - I seem to remember getting some very, very good players in the drafts there, but not so much in FM13. Maybe there's been a code change. I suppose the Superdraft is just like a massive youth intake that everyone gets a piece of, so quality will vary.

I've been doing a MLS career right now in the career forums.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/352419-FM-13-If-Arrested-Development-can-come-back-after-a-Hiatus-so-can-I!-A-Cerud-Career/page4

If you want, check out post #327. I detail contract types, squad registration restrictions, etc.

However, you probably won't be able to play NYC FC until FM 16. FM is usually a version late when it comes to expansion clubs in MLS.

Archived