FM13: Real Sociedad de Fútbol, S.A.D.- The Flag of San Sebastian!

Just started a game on an updated database so no Illarramendi, although it did allow me to start with a decent 12mln euro budget. No outstanding signings, just Jairo from Racing in for 2.5m Euro and Mehdi Carcela in on a season long loan, while only Diego Ifran left to join Terek.

It's been a tough start, I beat Rayo 4-1 in my first home game but have since lost 1-0 to Valencia and Barcelona, with Real Madrid up next (talk about a tough start!) I also played A.C. Milan in the Champions League play-off losing on away goals after 1-1 and 2-2 draws. Vela has averaged over a goal a game so far as a DLF (A), he's superb!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished my first season. Finish 3rd in the league behind Barcelona and Real Madrid. Won the Champions League. Yes, I won it. The only big team I played against is Man City. After that I played against more weaker team. In semi final, Benfica and in Final, Celtic.

Griezmann and Prieto were awesome. Vela was great too.

Very well done! I'm currently third in the league, but only about 4 points behind Madrid. Atletico are breathing down my neck for 3rd but Villarreal are 12 points behind in 5th place. I'm roughly half way through the season, Vela and Griezman have been brilliant!

Just coming in to January and I'm looking pretty strong at the moment. Managing to hold off Athletico Madrid (4th), I'm ahead of them by 3 points with 23 games played. Villareal are in 5th but 11 points behind us, whilst Madrid in 2nd are sitting 8 points above us (and 6 behind Barcelona). I'd be disappointed with a 4th place finish now I feel, although i'd certainly take it.

In terms of the Copa del Rey, we made a strong showing with both Seferovic and Iker Hernandez up front looking promising. We reached the Semi Finals where Real Madrid knocked us out 4-2 on aggregate. They meet Athletico in the Final in a local derby.

In the Europa League we've managed to reach the First Knockout Round where we face Dnipro of Ukraine and hold a 2-1 advantage going in to the second leg. We came through our group of Stuttgart, Feyenoord and St. Ettiene fairly comfortably, finishing runners up to Stuttgart.

In terms of transfers I was having a tough time in January, seemingly unable to agree fees with clubs for targets so I made the move to appoint Les Reed of Southampton as Director of Football on an 18 month contract and asked him to find me some players, although I had the final say on confirming targets. In just a few short days he brought in Vincente Iborra (6m euros) from Levante in central midfield; Ezequiel Munoz (4,4m euros) and Thiago Motta (loan, 35k p/m fee + 20% wages) to add steel and depth to our midfield and defence, which I was delighted with as they were all players I hadn't considered (Iborra was a steal due to his release clause, as was Munoz), whilst Thiago Motta has so far scored 3 in 3 for us.

In terms of departures, Joseba Llorente was the only first team player to leave, on a deadline day loan to Sporting as he'd fallen behind Vela and Agirretxe in the pecking order and I needed to free up a registration spot for Thiago Motta. Hopefully he'll score some goals there and someone will bid for him at the end of the season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hijack your thread gents, I'm actually playing at Bilbao and due to the well documented restrictions the only players I have any real interest in are players of Real Sociedad.

I just wanted to ask what the likelihood is of me attaining the likes of Greizmann & Martinez? Sorry to say but Sociedad seem to be heading down this season so I think that's my only real chance, if they happen to stay up would your opinion be I'd struggle to buy them?

Archived