col_nufc1

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

564557_431419800277250_1713816593_n.png

November - December 2023.

IlvesresultsNovember-December2023.jpg

ChampionsLeaguegroupBendofDecember2023.jpg

We have finished top of our Champions League group with a 100% win record which isn't bad going even if it was a pretty easy group bar Lyon I would say.

We have also won the Club World cup after beating Brazilians Sao Paulo 2-0 in the final at the National Kasumigaoka Stadium in Japan.

I'll do a season review shortly.

Wow, dominant season there with Tampere. Manchester United a hard task, but you've had some pretty good form leading into the knockouts.

Cheers mate, Manchester United aren't the force that they once were, although they still have some very good players, I would be dissapointed if we don't beat them to be fair but you never know.

Impressive result in Champions League. Good transfers dealing, how do you sell them off for good price?

I am having trouble selling players that I don't want and I have been selling them for lower than there transfer value to get rid of them, I have had offers for my stars that are over there transfer value but I reject them out of hand unless I feel the time is right to sell them.

Do you think you will ever make a 100% league season? Great work so far this season :)

I hope so one day :cool:, the few games that we don't win in the Veikkausliiga are generally because I field a full team of back up and youth team players before our Champions League games.

We have a massive transfer budget this season through player sales (last season and start of this season) and prize money but I am not going to sign anybody this season as I want to bring a few more youngsters into the first team squad that have been on loan for a few seasons. Saying that I will probably sign some youngsters who will become homegrown players for Ilves.

IlvesseasonexpectationsinJanuary2024-1.jpg

Wow that's a huge transfer budget :eek: What is the club finances like?

Shockingly there's only £71m in the balance and if we weren't in the Champions League every season and me selling a lot of players we would be hemorrhaging money and would probably be in administration. I don't know whats more worrying that the board are willing to gives us a transfer budget of £161m when there's only a balance of £71m or the fact we are losing so much money each season.

We really really need another new stadium built as the Ilves Stadium only holds 16650 and it's holding us back, unfortunately the board won't consider building a new stadium yet :(.

Shockingly there's only £71m in the balance and if we weren't in the Champions League every season and me selling a lot of players we would be hemorrhaging money and would probably be in administration. I don't know whats more worrying that the board are willing to gives us a transfer budget of £161m when there's only a balance of £71m or the fact we are losing so much money each season.

We really really need another new stadium built as the Ilves Stadium only holds 16650 and it's holding us back, unfortunately the board won't consider building a new stadium yet :(.

Not even expanding the stadium?

January - March 2024.

IlvesresultsJan-March2024.jpg

VeikkausliigaLiigacupgroup1in2023.jpg

With no new signings so far this season I have given some more youth players a chance at first team level in the Liigacup games and so far I have been quite pleased with how they have done for us.

We are through to the Champions League quater final after beating Manchester United in both legs, we have been drawn against Barcelona in the quater final. I think if we can beat them at home in the first leg then we can go to the Camp Nou full of confidence in the second leg and hopefully come away with something.

Decent result against Man Utd :thup: Any good youth players through your academy?

The best player to have come from the academy is by far Antti Holmstrom, who is a regular for us and Finland.

AnttiHolmstromendofApril2024.jpg

The next best player to have come out of the academy is Juha Hakkinen, who is now back up after being out on loan for five seasons.

JuhaHakkinenendofApril2024.jpg

I signed Markku Jurvainen when he was 16 years old for £100k, he spent three years on loan before becoming a squad player last season.

MarkkuJurvainenendofApril2024.jpg

I also signed Juha Henriksson when he was a 16 year old for £250k, he also spent three years on loan before becoming a squad player last season.

JuhaHenrikssonendofApril2024.jpg

I have a lot of other youngsters with very good potential either on loan or on the fringes of the first team squad but nearly all of them were signed between 16 -18 years old and haven't come through my youth intakes.

April 2024.

IlvesresultsApril2024.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofApril2024.jpg

We have knocked Barcelona out of the Champions League at the quarter final stage, the two games couldn't of been more different, in the first leg we dominated the game and deservedly run out winners of the match. The second leg was a poor match were Barcelona probably shaded it but I'll happily take the draw to go through to the semi finals.

We were drawn against Atletico Madrid in the semi finals with the first leg in Madrid, we took the game to Atletico and but for poor finishing on our behalf we would of won by a much bigger margain. So we take a one goal advantage into the second leg next month with the winners of this tie to play the winners of the Chelsea vs PSG game in the final.

May 2024.

IlvesresultsMay2024.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofMay2024.jpg

Ilves3-1ChelseaChampionsLeaguefinalMay2024.jpg

We beat Atletico Madrid 2-0 in the second leg of the Champions League to set up the final between us and Chelsea. In the final there was only one team that was going to win after we restricted Chelsea to only one shot on target in 90 minutes of football and that was us. That takes our Champions League trophy haul to six now, so we are only five behind Real Madrid's record total of eleven.

Six wins out of six in the Veikkausliiga so far so we are on course to finish the league campaign with a 100% winning record although it's still early days.

The European Championship is being played in June and July so we will only play the one league match in June but the rest of the league still seems to be playing there normal fixtures which is strange.

June 2024.

IlvesresultsJune2024.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofJune2024.jpg

We only had the one game to play in June because of the European Championships that are taking place, we ran out easy 4-0 winners over the Veikkausliiga's bottom side VPS. We now find ourselves playing catch up as we have upto seven games inhand on most teams, so I'll have to rotate the match day team quite often so the players don't suffer from burnout. This happened two seasons ago for the World cup, you would of thought that the fixtures computer would of sorted it out better by now.

The Veikkausliiga has moved up two places to tenth in this years European competitions rankings. Now theres only a half a stars difference between Ligue 1 in fifth place and the Veikkausliiga in tenth place so hopefully next year we will improve again.

EuropeancompetitionrankingsJune2024.jpg

I have signed these players in July, all of them were on Bosman free transfers and all of them are either going to go into the clubs U19's squad or on loans to other clubs were they will be key players. The standout players for me are Yang Gang, Ludwig Wiesinger, Gavin Barsby and Kevin Helle all of them look to have promisng careers in football if they fufil there potential.

LudwigWiesingerinJuly2024.jpg

MarceloMariniinJuly2024.jpg

MarcelDeubinJuly2024.jpg

KevinHelleinJuly2024.jpg

GavinBarsbyinJuly2024.jpg

YangGanginJuly2024.jpg

LuisManuelPiresinJuly2024.jpg

July 2024.

IlvesresultsJuly2024.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofJuly2024.jpg

July has been a busy month for us with us having to play seven Veikkausliiga games this month forcing me to use a lot of different match day squads as we had to play every three days which took it's toll on the players fitness levels. We still managed to win all our games though and return to the top of the Veikkausliiga with fives games inhand on most teams.

finlandlogo.png

August 2024.

FinlandresultsinAugust2024.jpg

The Finnish national team have been hammered by the Spanish 5-1, so no real surprises there as Spain were expected to win this one easily. The Finland manager still isn't under any pressure from the FA but surely if Finland keep on performing this poorly it won't be long before he's shown were the door is.

August 2024.

IlvesresultsAugust2024.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofAugust2024.jpg

Valencia1-2IlvesEuropeansupercupfinal.jpg

We are still going strong in the Veikkausliiga and are still on course to finish with a 100 % winning record which would be nice if it happens as it's something I haven't done for a good few versions of FM. Can we manage to do it then with eleven games left to play ? let's hope so.

We absolutly hammered Valencia in the Super cup but could only score two goals due to bad finishing when clean through on the Spanish goal but what made matters worse was that they scored with there only shot on target to make the game look like it was a close game when in truth it was far from it.

Ilvesrecordbiggesteverwin10-1againstTPSinJuly2024.jpg

IlvesnewrecordhighscoringgameinVeikkausliiga10-1againstTPSinJuly2024.jpg

We broke two records this month biggest ever win and highest scoring games that were both club and Veikkausliiga records. TPS must really hate us as we have beaten them 8-0 and now 10-1 in the last few years :cool:.

ChampionsLeagueallgroupsdrawinAugust2024.jpg

ChampionsLeagueallgroupsdrawinAugust2024part2.jpg

This is the draw for the Champions League group stages, we have got FC Kobenhavn, Sporting Lisborn and CSKA Moscow, I expect to qualify easily from that group if I am honest but the same thing can't be said for FC Honka who have a nightmare group of Benfica, Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund.

A couple of other groups look a bit tasty group D and E look like they could be classed as the groups of death.

Well, the Veikkausliiga is as exciting as ever :p . Are any of the other teams even remotely competitive in Europe?

The other Finnish teams always get knocked out as soon as they enter a European competition and by the looks of it, it doesn't look like that's going to change anytime soon. The only hope they have is in a good few years time when the Veikkausliiga is ranked in the top five or six in the European competitions rankings.

finlandlogo.png

September 2024.

FinlandresultsinSeptember2024.jpg

FinlandWorldcupqualifyinggroupendofSeptember2024.jpg

Finland played two games in September and both were very poor results, first they played minnows Andorra and in a game they should of won easily they let every one down by only managing a goalless draw. Then they got another hammering, this time off the group favourites Belgium, Romelu Lukaku helped himself to a hat trick and Kevin De Bruyne bagged a brace in a embarrasing 5-0 loss at home.

September 2024.

IlvesresultsSeptember2024.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofSeptember2024.jpg

ChampionsLeaguegroupEendofSeptember2024.jpg

We have been crowned Veikkausliiga champions for the 11th time under my management of the club and the 12th in the clubs history. We are still on course to going the entire league campaign with a 100% winning record.

We have also added another Suomen cup to our trophy cabinet after beating FC Honka 3-0 in the final.

Youth Candidates in 2024.

Yet again we have had another poor youth intake and none of these players will make it at Ilves, I will still sign them up and loan them out to other clubs with a view to selling them in a few years time.

IlvesyouthcandidatesSeptember2024.jpg

finlandlogo.png

October 2024.

FinlandresultsinOctober2024.jpg

FinlandWorldcupqualifyinggroupendofOctober2024.jpg

Two more defeats for Finland and it already looks like there going to be fighting it out with Lithuania and Andorra to try and avoid finishing in last in the group. Esa Pekonen, the Finland manager's job is still stable somehow, I don't what it's going to take for the Finnish FA to sack him, I wish there was a way to put pressure on him by saying that I want his job, much like you can with club managers.

October 2024.

IlvesresultsOctober2024.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofseason2024.jpg

We've done it, we've managed to go all season winning every game in the Veikkausliiga to finish the league campaign with a 100% winning record.

We have set a new Veikkausliiga record for the number of goals we scored this season which was 130 goals, beating last seasons record of 127 goals. I played the vast majority of this season playing control rather than attacking the season before, so we've scored more goals playing better football on the eye.

We only had eight players in the team of the season this year compared to our nine last season, we had a better season which meant the players played better, yet we have one less player in the team of the season, very strange.

Ilvessetnewrecordnumberofgoals130inVeikkausliigainOctober2024.jpg

Ilves8playersVeikkausliigateamoftheseasoninOctober2024.jpg

564557_431419800277250_1713816593_n.pngvinyl-decal-sticker-12952.jpg

IlvesannouncelinkwithKashimaAntlersinNovember2024.jpg

We have agreed a link with the Kashima Antlers that will be a benefit to merchandising sales in Japan, and also for the first option to buy players from the Kashima Antlers.

So that's now three feeder clubs that we have formed a link with for merchandising sales with the Antlers (Japan), Shandong Luneng (China) and D.C. United (USA). I can't think of anymore countries were we can pursue links with other clubs for merchandising.

The other club we have a link with is Finnish non league club Jippo.

finlandlogo.png

November 2024.

FinlandresultsinNovember2024.jpg

Finland have finally won a game, albeit a friendly against Canada but a win is a win. Serge Martinez who I sold this season to Lazio got his first goal for Finland, Antti Holmstrom and Markus Vartiainen also scored.

November - December 2024.

IlvesresultsNovember-December2024.jpg

ChampionsLeaguegroupEendofDecember2024.jpg

We are through to the 1st knockout round after finishing top of our Champions League group.

We beat Argies River Plate in the final of the FIFA Club World cup final 3-0.

I'll do a season review later tonight.

End Of Season 2024 Review.

Transfers in 2024.

Cash/Claused Transfers

Loan Deals Part One

Loan Deals Part Two

Loan Deals Part Three

Free Transfers

Veikkausliiga Table.

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofseason2024-1.jpg

Veikkausliiga Player Stats.

IlvesVeikkausliigaplayerstatsendofseason2024.jpg

In The Cups.

Ilves 3-0 FC Honka in the Suomen cup final.

Ilves 5-0 HJK in the Liigacup final.

Ilves 2-1 Valencia in the European Super cup final.

Ilves 3-0 River Plate in the FIFA Club World cup final.

We are through to the Champions league 1st round after winning our group, we will play PSV Eindhoven.

The Squad.

Ilvessquadendofseason2024.jpg

This season I am going to change formation from a 3-5-2 and try a flat 4-4-2 formation which is something I have never used on FM13. I will bring in some of the players from my U19's squad into the first team squad now and the only signings I'll make this season are u18 players.

I am thinking something like this.

GK Defend

RB Full Back Support

LB Full Back Support

CB Central Defender Stopper

CB Central Defender Cover

RM Winger Attack

LM Winger Attack

CM Deep Lying Playmaker Defend or Central Midfielder Defend

CM Central Midfielder Support or Advanced Playmaker Support

ST Target Man Support

ST Poacher Attack.

Team Instructions.

Fluid

Attacking

More Direct

More Expressive

Press More

More Cautious

Zonal Marking

Default Crossing

Stick To Position

Do you think this would work ? how do you think I could improve.

What a fantastic season that was :thup: reminds me of one I had with Brugge last year where I won every game and got 149 goals :D

Cheers mate, yeah, the Club Brugge save last year was my favourite on last years FM, I'll have to get round to playing with them on FM14 again :)

We have only signed two players so far, both are ones for the future and both will get loaned out to clubs that they will be key players for a few seasons to help aid there development.

Jan Akkermans cost us £1.2m in compensation from Chelsea and Eero Salo cost us £500 in compensation from TPS.

JanAkkermansinJanuary2025.jpg

EeroSaloinJanuary2025.jpg

The board have give us another massive transfer budget, mainly due to me not spending any money on transfers last season and selling players for over £100m last season. My plan again is to only sign players that are under 18 unless a World class player becomes available for the right price in a position that we need strengthening in.

BoardsetinitialbudgetsinJanuary2025.jpg

A few of my players that have been with the club for a number of years are starting to make noises about wanting to leave the club for a new challenge. It'll be hard for me to sell them as some of them have become Ilves legends, but if they put in transfer requests I won't stand in there way as I don't like having unhappy players as it unsettles the squad morale.

January - March 2025.

IlvesresultsJanuary-March2025.jpg

VeikkausliigaLiigacupgroup2in2025.jpg

The players have adopted to our new formation like water off a ducks back, as we have been hammering everyone we are playing. I thought PSV Eindhoven would be a tough game for us and I certainly didn't expect to beat them 8-0 over two legs in the Champions League 1st round but we did. We have been drawn against Chelsea in the quarter final, the team we beat in last years final.

finlandlogo.png

February - March 2025.

FinlandresultsinFebruary-March2025.jpg

FinlandWorldcupqualifyinggroupendofMarch2025.jpg

It look's like Finland's fortune's have changed as they have now won three matches on the bounce. They hammered Georgia in a friendly 4-0 with the goalscorers all FC Ilves players :cool:. Then they recorded there first win in the group beating Lithuania to move upto 4th in the group. It's too little too late though as they have got no chance now to catch the group leaders Belgium and Scotland.

April 2025.

IlvesresultsApril2025.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofApril2025.jpg

Our goalscoring expoits show no sign of stopping and even when we are playing top quality sides we are putting them to the sword. We have knocked out both Chelsea and PSG on our way to another Champions League final were we will play FC Porto next month. I am very confident that we will add our 7th Champions League trophy with the way we are playing and who we are going to play.

Jaro stood no chance against us in the Liigacup final and even though they put up a good fight, they can pat themselves on the back that the score was only 4-0 when it could and should of been a lot more.

We got our Veikkausliiga campaign off to a great start by destroying MYPA 8-1. I can't see us losing anytime soon in domestic football, which is quite sad and the only way I see things changing is when one of the other clubs get a tycoon takeover, I hope that happens sooner rather than later.

May 2025.

IlvesresultsMay2025.jpg

IlvesVeikkausliigatableendofMay2025.jpg

Ilves3-1PortoChampionsLeaguefinalinMay2025.jpg

We are now only four Champions League trophies behind Real Madrid after beating FC Porto in the Champions League final. In the game at Wembley Stadium we outclassed Porto from start to finish and we limited them to one shot on target from which they took the lead but we woulf not let our heads drop and we went on to win the game with goals from central defender Drazen Vrbnjak and strikers Steffe Schepers and Geert Dogan.

After six games played and six wins, we are now top of the Veikkausliiga after scoring an incredible 38 goals on the way, if we keep up this form we will smash our record of goals scored in the league from last year of 130.

The Veikkausliiga has dropped fives places to 15th in the European competition rankings this season. This news has really disheartened me as I thought we were making progress slowly but progress nontheless. In reality it looks like my hopes to get us into at least the top three isn't going to happen as the other clubs in Finland aren't getting any better :(.

EuropeancompetitionrankingsJune2025.jpg

One of the players I was talking about at the start of the season Azael Gomez put in a transfer request to leave the club for a new challenge. It saddened me to agree to this as he is a legend at the club and is also the club all time top goalscorer with 169 goals in all competitions for the club. He played on the left wing as a inside forward for the first five or six seasons at the club before I decided it was time to play him upfront. He wasn't first choice anymore, he was 3rd or 4th choice and when Manchester City came in with a club record £31.5m it was a offer that was too good to refuse.

IlvesreceiverecordtransferfeeforAzaelGomezpound315minJune2025.jpg

AzaelGomezinJune2025.jpg

AzaelGomezcareerstatsinJune2025.jpg

Archived