Wages in English Northern Premier League North

Hey All,

So I'm managing Wakefield in the English Northern Premier League North and have noticed a couple of oddities. Was wondering if anyone could shed any light?

1). My first season I was offered around £130 a week. Expectations to achieve a reasonable position - finished 8th. Finances over wage budget for some of season, but club still in black by end of season (which was then bumped up by league position and sponsorship). Season season I'm initially offered £25 a week (!?) which I walk away from, then £55 a week which I accept purely so I can manage my home town.

The game then lets me offer my assistant manager £70 a week (!???). Firstly - what's with the ridiculous drop in wages, secondly, why allow me to pay my Ass/Man more than the Manager?

2). Signing players. Even though my wage budget is £610 a week and I currently have £410 a week remaining, it won't let me offer more than £50 a week for a key player. I understand that a wage structure needs to be in place, but why not allow me to spend what I have unallocated?

3). Parent club - can't get one for love nor money. Knowing the area and the local teams in the leagues above, surely something should be available?

4). Transfer budget of 1k. Cannot allocate it to wage budget (Ok, so its only any extra 15/20 quid a week, but it counts!).

Does anyone else play at this level that can help explain why this is happening? It's really annoying on the player wages front as all my youth signings are now coming through the ranks and wanting higher wages, not to mention my existing Key Players who are wanting £150 a week (another issue - there's no way this would get paid across the board given the wage budget).

Little Help?

D

Is that one of the custom databases to make lower tiers in English football? If it is custom, then it may be something in the files that is causing it.

as for your points

1) Seems weird, but could just be a deteriorating financial position forcing their hand. Seems weird that they offer your AM potentially more

2) I would say this is more feature than bug - usually the top wage is around what players are already earning - at a club like that, it would be unlikely to have a player earning £410 of your £610 budget. But can kind of see your point

3) They can be quite erratic, true. I've been lucky with parent clubs, but never played this low. Could just be the custom db or level you're at

4) Could maybe be because the units are so small that the game thinks it shouldn't matter? To most clubs, £1000 wouldn't raise the wage budget by anything meaningful. If it is a custom db, then it wasn't designed to go this low, and this shouldn't happen. Or something.

Archived