Issue with squad management / transfers

Taktiker

Good evening,

I'm currently playing as Charlton Athletic. I'm in the second season 2013/2014 in the npower Championship after I finished the first season on the 10th position.

Season for season I have one major problem: How to build a successful squad and how to arrange good transfers. I'm tired of buying wimps for too much money and hope you can help me.

I'm going to show you the major tactic I want to play this year. Afterwards I introduce you to my players, each with a screenshot and my thoughts. Last but not least, I hope you can help me to discover my strong and weak points and tell me how to make successful transfers to get rid of the weaknesses.

Tactic

I'm not very satisfied with the last season's 4-4-2 so I chaged to a 4-3-1-2

tac2UCD9.png

GK

gk19W7A8.png

Not much to say. My number one

gk2T4PE3.png

My number two.

All in all I see no reason to improve in this category

Defence

d186VLD.png

Backup for the right FB position.

d2B8FRJ.png

I offered him a new contract for this season. During the last season he turned out to be a reliable backup for the CD position.

d35RKFM.png

One of the two CD. Quit a good player!

d4RA29C.png

My second CD. Also a very reliable player during the last season.

d5OSGN9.png

Even though he has more ability than Taylor I consider him the weaker player. Especially due to his low mental attributes compared to my CD's. Rotation-Player!

d6BLVT5.png

My right FB. Set!

d7ST7AY.png

My left FB. Set

d8PJCD7.png

My prospect for the left FB posistion. Do you think he's too old to develop constantly?

That's my defence. All in all I can see no reason to improve here as well. Maybe next season if players leave.

Midfield

m185JU4.png

Just got him for free. I'm quite excited how he will perform this season.

m2DT9CX.png

He didn't perform bad last season. Nevertheless, I'm always a bit influenced by the star rating. That simply says -> get rid of him :p. All in all, absolutely no clue what to think.

m3H5XXU.png

Despite his star rating I think he's quite a good player. Performed quite good last season.

m4CB7OC.png

No clue. Didn't played much last season. Maybe backup for the coming one?

m5TGJH6.png

Same as above.

m6M8498.png

Got him from Man City on loan. Hopefully he plays and develops well. In that case I could buy him for 100k.

m70R1UM.png

Also not a real idea what to do with him.

m8GP557.png

Got him for free last season. Performed well. Set!

All in all I see room for improvement in my midfield. But I simply don't know where to start. Whom to sell and whom to buy? I'm just helpless.

Striker

st1AC7R4.png

Originally, I wanted to develop him as a poacher. Didn't really work trough the last season. All in all, he performed very badly. What to do now?

st26DL9C.png

My targetman. Outstanding mental attributes and a good performance last season. I keep him as a player and as a tutor.

st3XDX7N.png

The league's top goal scorer last season. Set!

I think I need to improve this area as well. Maybe I need two new prospects or one back up and one prospect? What do you think?

Thanks to everybody who made it so far. Quite a lot of pictures.

I think my major problem it that I don't know how to assess players correctly. Maybe that's also the reason why I'm quite influenced by the scouts's star rating. Despite that, I know what the different attributes mean ;).

Another major problem of mine is that I only have a transferbudget of 112K. My wage budge is 138K/week and currently 108K/week are used.

I hope you can give me some hints where to improve and why? Maybe you could also suggest some players and give me a reason why you suggested them. Other hints and approaches are welcome as well.

Thanks and Cheers,

Hey guys,

thanks for your advise. I thought this might be the right subforum because the descrition says: 'are you looking for some advice on building a successful team or do you need tips on the best players or staff for your team?'.

Nevertheless, I don't really care in which subforum the thread is placed as long as the mods are pleased and I can get my answers :).

So could a mod please move the thread to the tactics forum if it's wrong in this section? Hopefully I can get some answers there.

Thanks and Regards,

Hehe, sorry for the confusion. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to express precisely in english if it isn't the first language.

Anyway, to make it short:

-In general, how to assess my players correctly. Despite the star rating which I tend to overrate.

-Based on the question above: How to find out if I should expand a contract or not?

-Where to strenghten my squad?

-How to find and buy suitable new transfers which fit in my budget. I'm struggling to find good and cheap players.

So I'm looking to some specific advise for my team on the points above. Moreover, I want to learn enough to handle that topic myself in the future. Hopefully that makes it a bit clearer

Regards,

Hehe, sorry for the confusion. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to express precisely in english if it isn't the first language.

Anyway, to make it short:

-In general, how to assess my players correctly. Despite the star rating which I tend to overrate.

-Based on the question above: How to find out if I should expand a contract or not?

-Where to strenghten my squad?

-How to find and buy suitable new transfers which fit in my budget. I'm struggling to find good and cheap players.

So I'm looking to some specific advise for my team on the points above. Moreover, I want to learn enough to handle that topic myself in the future. Hopefully that makes it a bit clearer

Regards,

That's fine, it was only so I knew if I had to move this to tactics or not. It looks like I don't though as the help you need is best suited here :)

Archived