EURO 2004 Online tournament – applications thread >> New online gamers, this is your chance!

Kozak

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DezMW:

This is no problem with me, Kozak. Will be around if needed and will check back on the game status to see if I'm needed. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK thanks DezMW. icon14.gif

These are the groups that will be there on EURO 2004 as testing goes fine:

GROUP A:

France

Italy

Scotland (better than in real life icon_razz.gif)

Sweden

GROUP B:

Denmark

Germany

Republic of Ireland

Norway

GROUP C:

Bulgaria

Czech Republic

Greece

Holland

GROUP D:

England

Portugal

Russia

Spain

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only filled in the application thing incase kozak didnt get enough people and i hope all the group 3 people thought the same, id gladly just sit in the chat room and have a laugh with the players hearing about there defeats and wins rather than beat em icon_wink.gif on the game.

It was my expectation that group 3 people would really be used to make up the numbers as and if needed, and maybe thats kozaks intention also. icon_biggrin.gif

Just a question to MBallack, Wee_Ian, BelfastNiall and Paul Doherty to sign in with the MSN-group. See links of this MSN-group earlier in the thread. You must become member of that MSN-group to be able to join the chatroom, whats the only place where you can draw a country on Friday.

And as I said earlier there are still 2 places open for unexperienced CMO gamers. So leave your info here if you wanna play.

can i still play?

Name: James Newson

Forum-nickname: James_Newson

Country of living: England

To which group do you belong (1, 2 or 3 >>>see above): 2

Internet connections (speed): 600K

Can you host: not really

CMOnline expectations: to see how good other people on this board are

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by james_newson:

can i still play?

Name: James Newson

Forum-nickname: James_Newson

Can you host: not really

CMOnline expectations: to see how good other people on this board are<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep you can. You are in, so please be there Friday in the chatroom of our MSN-group. Please apply at the MSN-group so you can join the chat on friday: http://groups.msn.com/EuroCM2004!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mballack19:

Kozak I have bad news due to my server not being able to connect to the chat room may you either e:mail me my team or by contacting me by MSN Messenger if you have not got MSN Messenger then you can e:mail me instead.

Thanks for your time

Jamie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you come on MSN I can give an answer on how you can join the chatroom. I've got 2 MSN adresses of you but you are showed offline on both /Rolleyes\.

If you go to your hotmail account.

*Then choose "people & chat" at the right top corner.

*Then watch at the left side "my groups".

*If its good you see the "EuroCM2004 group" under "my groups"

*Click on it, and you will be in the MSN group.

*Then choose MSN-chat. Maybe you can automatically download a MSN-chattool. Follow the instructions and you are in.

People that I expect friday at 18.00 UK-time in the chatroom to play the EURO2004 tournament:

Group 1

1. Matt Varley

2. Superayrunited

3. Mballack

4. Birk

5. Wee_Ian Paton

6. Paul Doherty

Group 2

7. Stev0NUFC

8. Matt Hooker

9. James Newson

Group 3

10.Kozak (World Clan)

11.Powlay (EMA)

12.Andy Jordan (UCMIG)

13.Kuky (hosting the game World Clan)

14.Lambies Lovechild (Scots Clan)

15.36EE (trialist at World Clan)

--------------------------------------

16.Paul Bray (EMA)

r1.BelfastNiall

r2.DEZMW Wilkins (GQ clan)

One place available for an unexperienced online gamer. Final list in 24 hours.

Both Wee_Ian & Paul Doherty must still sign themselves in for the MSN-group, to be able to join the groups' chatroom and the game. http://groups.msn.com/EuroCM2004

Instructions for the starting 16 & subs:

* The game will be played on V4.1.3 (=patch 2)+Exe fix (see sticky threads GQ-forum)

* It's an idea to try out if you can join the chatroom before the game starts. So we can solve problems before the countries draw.

* Playing schedule:

Friday 18.00-18.15 >>> Draw of the countries. If you won't be in the chatroom in time we can't draw a

team for you.

Friday 18.15-20.00 >>> Time to make your European squad selection + tactics. If you are finished you can

take a break till 20.00 UK-time

Friday 20.00-22.00 >>> We will continue till the tournament and play the games till around 22.00.

Saterday 13.00-End >>> We will play the tournament till the end.

So make sure you are able to join the chatroom in time, have the right version of CM03/04 and survive the Old Year!

Read this then Kozak

MSN Chat System Requirements

MSN Chat is not currently compatible with your Internet browser and/or computer operating system.

Here's what you need to enjoy MSN Chat:

Windows 95 or later

At this time, MSN Chat does not work on Macintosh, Windows 3.1, Windows NT 3.1, and Unix Operating systems.

Internet Explorer 4.0 or later

You can download the latest version for free at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie.

- or -

Netscape Navigator 4.x

To find out more, go to: http://home.netscape.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We hope you'll be joining the fun on MSN Chat soon!

Mballack. As far as I know CM0304 doesn't work at Windows 95 or lower. So I would advice you to download the new internet explorer if you run a lower version.

And here the links for the lazy ones Jimbhoy icon_mad.gif

*Patch 4.1.3 + EXE fix

* Exe-fix mirror only + instruction for people that have the old 4.1.3

* Link to the MSN-groups chatroom

More if requested. Still 1 late place still available for an unexperienced CMOnline player!

I would like the final slot.

Name: Rob

Forum-nickname: Rdysn5

Country of living: UK

Internet connections (speed): 512K

Computer speed: 2.8 ghz, 512 ram

Can you host: If needed

CMOnline expectations: Prefer to play against fellow players

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozak:

And here the links for the lazy ones Jimbhoy icon_mad.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why the anger Mr K, all I was trying to do was be helpfull icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Srz Sir Jim. It wasn't for you, but before the lazy ones I always forget.

With the application from Rob (RDysn) the applications part has been ended.

This is the final group of people that will be in the competition:

Group 1:

1. Matt Varley

2. Superayrunited

3. Mballack

4. Birk

5. Wee_Ian Paton

6. Paul Doherty

Group 2:

7. Stev0NUFC

8. Matt Hooker

9. James Newson

10.RDysn

Group 3:

11.Kuky (Host of the game)

12.Kozak (Organizing the game & moderating the chatroom icon_eek.gif)

13.Powlay (EMA)

14.Andy Jordan (UCMIG)

15.Lambies Lovechild (Scots Clan)

16.36EE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Experienced reservesicon_razz.gif

r1.Paul Bray (EMA)

r2.BelfastNiall

r3.DEZMW Wilkins (GQ clan)

People that still need to apply at the MSN-group: Wee_Ian, Paul Doherty & RDysn. You can do that here!

For the playing times, V4.1.3+exe fix links etc. see earlier postings.

For other questions you can always contact me by MSN or ask in this thread.

If I am needed would love to play. Please contact me.

Name: Fwastler

Forum-nickname: Fwastler

Computer speed: 1.6 G5 (Apple)

CMOnline expectations: Fun

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

Since it looks unlikely that I'll be needed I'll officially withdraw Kozak, but best of luck with the game. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK thanks Niall, however there is still a serious chance you can take part in the competition. As more experience CMO user you must know there is a big "Fall-out chance" with 16 people. You can always check the chatroom at 18.00 UK-time on friday to see if places became available.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fwastler:

If I am needed would love to play. Please contact me.

Name: Fwastler

Forum-nickname: Fwastler

Computer speed: 1.6 G5 (Apple)

CMOnline expectations: Fun<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I added you to my MSN. You can always apply at the MSN-group for this game and see if people didn't show up on Friday. Just enter the chatroom then. You will be on the reserve list, but still have a chance to take part if people fall away at the end. And if you can't take part there will be a structured way of this sort of tournaments in the New Year organisated by different clans' host. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Ill back up Powlay on this one. If we get another Group 2 candidate come in, he can have my spot.

Like you said, we want more inexperienced champers in this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After talks with FWastler he seems to have a Macintosh that haven't V4.1.3 available yet. So he can't play a 4.1.3 game. So it's still the same 16 people in. There are 40 minutes left for the final list, that I will publish in here short after.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozak:

You can sign in till Thursday 12.00 and the first two people signing in, are in. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK time has come now.

I had to make a final list at this time due to organisational things. A latest test with Fwastler confirmed he couldnt join the game with his Mac4.1.2 version.

Teams will be chosen with numbers. At 18.00 UK-time tomorrow people can choose a number. I've put a number behind each country. So each guy (no girls again icon_frown.gif) gets the country that is similar to the number on my list. People can choose numbers in the direction as they are showed here. So we start with guy nr 1 till nr 16. Srz for this poor english icon13.gif.

Here we go:

Group 1 & 2 players:

1. Matt Varley

2. Superayrunited

3. Mballack

4. Birk

5. Wee_Ian

6. Stev0NUFC

7. Matt Hooker

8. Paul Doherty (please apply at MSN-group!)

9. James Newson

10.Rdysn

The group 3 guys

11.Kozak (somebody else can choose a number for me icon_biggrin.gif)

12.Kuky (hosting the game)

13.Powlay

14.Andy Jordan

15.36EE

16.Lambies Lovechild (will be later and gets the country left)

Reserve list (I am sure people will stay away so please chech the chatroom between 18.00-18.15:

r1.Paul Bray

r2.BelfastNiall

r3.DEZMW Wilkins

r4.Martin Buchan

Please be in time tomorrow at 18.00 or better before that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mballack19:

What I'm I going to do now IE does not work, Opera is compatible to MSN Groups what other browswers can I use to get MSN Group working<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only "Internet Explorer" is compatible with MSN-groups. I was wanting to help you and was busy with that. But if you disappear each time and ask help a minute later again, then that makes me sad icon_frown.gif. I'm not gonna tell things 5 times.

What I'm I going to do now IE does not work, Opera is compatible to MSN Groups what other browswers can I use to get MSN Group working<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only "Internet Explorer" is compatible with MSN-groups. I was wanting to help you and was busy with that. But if you disappear each time and ask help a minute later again, then that makes me sad icon_frown.gif. I'm not gonna tell things 5 times.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats not quite true. You can use MSN Explorer too

_Live coveraged draw on Friday 18.00 UK-time:_

The draw idea has changed to a live coveraged country draw on webcam icon_cool.gif.

So just come to the chatroom and get the link from the draw in there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds good, you've got the excitement going i'm coming to watch aswell icon_smile.gif

Name : Alex

Forum Nickname : Mr X

Age - 29

Country of living - Scotland

To which group do you belong - 3

Internet connections (speed) - 1024k

Computer Speed - P4 3ghz 1gb dual bandwith

Can you host - in emergency, yes.

I understand totally that i will be reserve 5 and be at the bottom of the queue. I'll turn up in the event that you have a shortfall and the reserve list is exhausted icon_smile.gif

Nice to see enough human reserves to get 16 human countries. And .... tonight it will be moderating ME mr X icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

Just processing of the game is slightly slow, because of the country DDT-file that was needed to get full national teams. Don't think thats a big problem with a short term game though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>tonight it will be moderating ME mr X <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL, its your game, in clan games i'm a player, not a mod, and besides i'm an online player first always icon_smile.gif

Stop being so paranoid lol, i'm not interested in stealing your thunder icon_biggrin.gif

Are there any spaces, i am quite inexperienced, but i hosted my 3-season challenge clan which has just finished last night i havent really played CMO that much, but i am quite commited i can get references for that, and after my first 'proper' clan has just ended i would like a go at this.

Name: Freddie Patten

Forum-nickname: royalman

To which group do you belong (1, 2 or 3 >>>see above): 1, but i have hosted a 3 season challenge clan before.

Internet connections (speed): Broadband 560k

Computer speed: 1.7Ghz

Can you host: Yes, but don't really want to

CMOnline expectations: JUst to have fun, and meet with people in regard to further CMO games after this. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr X:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>tonight it will be moderating ME mr X <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL, its your game, in clan games i'm a player, not a mod, and besides i'm an online player first always icon_smile.gif

Stop being so paranoid lol, i'm not interested in stealing your thunder icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm just joking man icon_biggrin.gif.

And Royalman if you apply at the MSN-group.

If you are there tonight at 18.00 we can see if people fall ot and you can take in their place. Otherwise you can have a chat with some idiots icon14.gif

kozy, you have ample players and royalman who is a one so im going to drop out as i have a family prob;lem that could use my time more than CM could.

Good luck for tonight gents i might pop in tomorrow to give all you leaving the game after being knocked out by crap teams a bye bye wave icon_biggrin.gif

Ok, i probably missed the boat by miles, but i'll hang around to see if any places pop up.

Name: Darren P

Forum-nickname: Da88en

Country of living: Scotland

To which group do you belong: 1

Internet connections (speed): 512K BB

Computer speed: 1.5Ghz/512 RAM

Can you host: Nope.

CMOnline expectations: Just to get a feel for online gaming and have a laugh.

For late applicants (even from group 1 & 2) I wanna say that you come high on the reserve list. However there is a good chance places come available. For the final list I can't make any changes anymore, because of organisational stuff.

Just take a look at the chatroom around 18.00 UK-time. Make sure you have applied at the MSN-group in time: http://groups.msn.com/EuroCM2004 .

Also V4.1.3 + exe fix is a must.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Martin Buchan:

Can't make the tournament after all Kozak so you can drop me from the reserves list

Remebre. I am here for whoever gets Scotland for tips on squad selection<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK thanks for letting it me know in time. Please don't give me Scotland icon_mad.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Martin Buchan:

Don't slag Scotland. Loads of talented youngsters outside the Old Firm (Celtic and Rangers) are available<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but how can they come from a group with France, Italy & Sweden icon_confused.gif.

If I get Scotland then I will play 8-1-1 system icon_razz.gif.

Archived