{ Seeking help to final tweak my tactic }

Greetings!

Id love some help to final tweak my own tactic. Im Tottenham, soon to end second season. Got a good squad and im doing quite allright as we speak. But i feel like it can be even better, and id like to tweak it for the third season to avoid AI problems.

Here is my formation :

formationy.jpg

League table :

leaguedz.jpg

Neymar and Bale :

neymarj.jpg - balevy.jpg

Screenshot of typical how i score my goals : ( The red is the room neymar and bale run down and put in a through ball or cross, and the blue line is how they come deep and do their thing )

typicalgoals.jpg

Team Instructions :

teaminstructions.jpg

The problem(s) i can have :

Obviously it can get pretty populated in the attack (third part of their half) Falcao infront, Neymar, Snejider, Bale typically in the oppositions area aswell.

What can i do (if i want to stay with Neymar and Bale in those AMC positions) to avoid such contested areas? I love when seeing Neymar or Bale come deep to get the ball, and do their magic. But as said, sometimes i feel like they can do even better if theres not so many players near them?

Does it sound stupid? Sorry :lol:

In general, can think of any tweak i can try to be even better? I wouldnt mind moving Sneijder away etc.

Well.... ideally those players 'should' be better coming off the flanks. So in teh AML/R positions. In doing so they'll also have space. This space can then be fillled by attacking wingbacks and so on and so on.

One of the issues you'll have is that by playing them inside they'll have space on the outside to move into, and that is what they'll do. With the pace they both have, you'd want them heading from the outside back into towards the goal.

If you really want to keep them where they are then you might considered dropping the AMC back to an MC. He can still be an MC(A) which means he'll get well forwards (PPM's permitting). Then you'd just need to work out if you want to play your FC as the goal scorer or as the supplier.

One of the things yo uneed to take accout of is that in Neymar and Bale you have two players that are really capabale of scoring and most teams would set up to supply these two.... which is what Cleon and I have done over on the other thread, however you also have Falcao who, playing as a Poacher, NEEDS a supply. To me it seems you're trying to have your cake and eat it.......... nothing wriong with that, but you could probably be doing better if you decide who you want to score your goals... your striker or your AMCL/R's.

I don't have the game loaded currently so I can't check the player instructions.

So, your advice would be to put Neymar in AML, Bale in AMR ? Would be ideal since Neymar is right footed, and Bale is left. Yes?

What about Bale's PPM "Runs with ball down left"?

I dont have much success earlier with AMR/L's. But might give it a proper try. Would you recommend focusing playing both flanks in this setup? or still keep playing mixed?

For this to work, what settings would you recommed for Falcao? (Perhaps i should use Cavani instead, since he is a better passer) ?

Btw, Thanks lam!

Jesus, that is one hell of a team you have if you have Cavani too..........

Well.. Naymar can play up front, you could put Bale on the left and Cavani on the right. Or as you put it with Cavani up front. Though, be aware that Cavani drops deep so you need to keep an eye on how involved he is

Bale plays well on the right as he ignores his left flank PPM, which can be annoying at times on the left as he stays wide when you want him inside.

I was aiming for a Bale, Naymar Cavani front three, but it didnt happen. Put those three in and have two of them swap positions - Neymar and Cavani and that'll cause problems with the opposition defence.

Jesus, that is one hell of a team you have if you have Cavani too..........

Well.. Naymar can play up front, you could put Bale on the left and Cavani on the right. Or as you put it with Cavani up front. Though, be aware that Cavani drops deep so you need to keep an eye on how involved he is

Bale plays well on the right as he ignores his left flank PPM, which can be annoying at times on the left as he stays wide when you want him inside.

I was aiming for a Bale, Naymar Cavani front three, but it didnt happen. Put those three in and have two of them swap positions - Neymar and Cavani and that'll cause problems with the opposition defence.

Trying to understand what you mean. Is this your advice?

Neymar : AML - IF - Support

Bale : AMR - IF - Support

Falcao : Poacher - Attack

Well.... Actually I'd go with

Neymar AML IF(A) or (S) depending on his involvement.

Bale AMR IF(A) or as above

Cavani TQ (though you may need to turn RFD on to mixed to get him forwards again as he likes playing deep).

This is what I would do, BUT if you like the formation you're playing then stick with it. It's just that your players natural positions are not really where you have them. If you DO switch, then you should really read the other thread. Aside from understanding yor own tactic generally, it is all about the 41221.

I gave this a couple of go's with an Arsenal save, and whilst my players weren't as good as those in your Tottenham, it wasn't really much of a success, Llorente, didn't work as poacher, but Walcott was ok, Lavezzi got lots of chances but missed them all, Wilshire was ok and I did struggle with injuries to def midfielders, had to play Wilshire and Frimpong sometimes, it seems to me that this tactic is really vulnerable away from home to big clubs, took a good few pastings, most notably away to Batern in Champs league quarters got beat 6-1

I gave this a couple of go's with an Arsenal save, and whilst my players weren't as good as those in your Tottenham, it wasn't really much of a success, Llorente, didn't work as poacher, but Walcott was ok, Lavezzi got lots of chances but missed them all, Wilshire was ok and I did struggle with injuries to def midfielders, had to play Wilshire and Frimpong sometimes, it seems to me that this tactic is really vulnerable away from home to big clubs, took a good few pastings, most notably away to Batern in Champs league quarters got beat 6-1

If you play with 6 at the back and are vulnerable then you did something really wrong :lol:

Archived