Defender Collects doesn't seem to work.

Can you give me some reasons why the Defender Collects option is not having any effect?

I'm PSG and set Sirigu to pass to Thiago Silva when he has the ball but every single time he gets it he just runs with the ball to just outside the box then hoofs it up the field....

I've checked to see if he has any PPMs that could effect this option negatively and he doesn't (I don't know if there are even any that would).

It's not like there is much space between him and Silva or an opposing attacker stopping the pass.

So, any tips? I'm losing far too much possession because of this.

Just an idea: couldnt it be your team is too far pushed up and their attackers are at the height of the pitch as your defenders?

In other words couldnt it be Sirigu thinks its too dangerous? Btw are you using a targetman? Wouldnt that affect it too? (Suppose you are using 1 i mean)

This didn't work in the last few versions of the game, and I won't hold your breath until it is. Sometimes the goalie passes the ball to the defender, but for goal kicks, he always hoofs it upfield, regardless of your settings, England-style!

I my game, this feature is also broken.

I play a classical tac. all the sliders on the keeper has been set all the way to the left.

No targetman or playmaker.

And in a perfect world, he would follow my instruction, and distribute the ball to my DL. But it seems that he prefers either to pass to my DR, or to kick it up the field.

Archived