Help Getting The Most Out Of My Tactic(s)

I really don't want to go down the "Super Tactic" road, but although over achieving in my West Ham save i have hit another frustrating wall.

Hanging around the top 3 coming up to xmas and i lose a game i should have won easily(i'm talking i could have had double figures) 0-1. Since then although still putting in good performances i am struggling massively to pick up results.

My biggest frustration is that just about every shot the opposition hit on target seems to end in a goal, even if/when my gk makes a save he all too often palms it to an opposing player for a simple tap in and i can't remember how many "dodgy" penalties we have conceded, having previously not conceded a single shot on target and had two or three good or very good(ccc's) chances ourselves?

I honestly cannot over emphasise how often this is happening, my very last game a case in point.

27gbn.jpg

2ijqoex.jpg

I'm not saying i shouldn't lose here, this is just the last game i played and again, i'd had some good early chances before the penalty came out of absolutely nothing?(oops, pic doesn't show 35th minute penalty :o) - Also note, the amount of long shots taken by the opposition, this is also typical

Its wearing me out to be honest, to the point where i'm ready to whack in a "Super Tactic" and just getting on with it, but i want to play the game more realistically, as the one tactic routine soon gets tedious and i end up quitting saves very quickly.

I've tried to sort out training, largely "defensive positioning" and "defending set pieces" as well as "attacking" positioning and set pieces in the hope of scoring more but to no avail?

My tackling is "normal" throughout, which doesn't account for the large number of penalties conceded(never given away a penalty in last man situation).

I've tried working on "player roles" and "duties" keeping things balanced and trying to be more aggressive at home and/or against weak or struggling opposition and like i say, i am largely getting the performances, but rarely the results.

Any words of wisdom will be appreciated, a few basic hints and tips or rule of thumb, or even something that you have found yourself that really works? please point me in the right direction before i break and d/load a "Sper Tactic", thanks.

I've edited the thread title, you might want to read the forum rules at the top of the forum :thup:

As for help I can't offer you any because you've not told us anything about the tactic you used at all. How can we help or offer advice when we don't know how you play or approach games?

Details people, details. Seriously when asking for help why is no-one posting any details at all.

Not sure what help the tactic info will be to be honest, as its over achieved and only gone off the boil since a unlucky defeat, it seems the issue is more to do with the game than the tactic. anyway, Its an "in game" 4-1-2-2-1 strategy "control" which i use as a starting tactic.

What other information would you like?

My next match

30vg5sn.jpg

We dominated possession and if you take away the long shots we dominated chances too(although not ccc's as we simply gave goals away as has been usual in this run)

Not sure what help the tactic info will be to be honest, as its over achieved and only gone off the boil since a unlucky defeat,

Well without the info we cannot help you. So it will help greatly to know how you've set up and how you've been playing.
it seems the issue is more to do with the game than the tactic.

People often say that and then provide no info to back this up, I hope this isn't another one of those threads.

Seeing as you are the one asking for help you need to be a lot more detailed because what you've posted above still doesn't make it viable for anyone to offer and kind of feedback, assistance or help.

Read this;

Cleon - I was hoping to incorporate "shouts" to distinguish the tactic between home and away games, but don't want to end up adding shouts that don't negate other shouts and as i read your thread on the in game shouts, i wondered if you could help me out?

This is the kind of thing i mean

Home

Retain Possession

Play Out Of Defence

Play Through Defence

Work Ball Into Box

Hassle Opponents

I also thought about adding "pass into space" but does this negate any of the above shouts?

I also need to work on an away list of shouts that may give me an upper hand, what do you think? is it possible?

Thanks

Please elaborate. Others might find your solution valuable. :)

Just tried it on another save and its still working(who knows how long for though?) try this...

Pre match shouts(if your using my tactic this works, not sure about your own?)

Get Ball Forward

Pass Into Space

Hit Early Crosses

Pump Ball Into Box

Hassle Opponents

I tried this as a fix to my away form, but it seems to work just as well at home(at least for now?)

Appreciate any feedback

I've tried those before with a formation similar to yours but with different player instructions. I couldn't see any significant improvement, though :(

I really struggle playing against inferior teams that park the bus. I have a much easier time against top teams...

The inferior teams can easily pass the ball through the middle or down the flanks putting in a picture perfect through ball or cross that likely ends with a goal.

I've tried playing with everything from counter to attacking, balanced/fluid and so on. Sometimes it seems to work but then I get thrashed the next game.

I'm managing Real Madrid (using a wide formation) and Juventus (using a narrow formation) to see how SI (the ME) perceives football tactics this year :eek:

I've tried those before with a formation similar to yours but with different player instructions. I couldn't see any significant improvement, though :(

I really struggle playing against inferior teams that park the bus. I have a much easier time against top teams...

The inferior teams can easily pass the ball through the middle or down the flanks putting in a picture perfect through ball or cross that likely ends with a goal.

I've tried playing with everything from counter to attacking, balanced/fluid and so on. Sometimes it seems to work but then I get thrashed the next game.

I'm managing Real Madrid (using a wide formation) and Juventus (using a narrow formation) to see how SI (the ME) perceives football tactics this year :eek:

Strangely it seems to have stopped my team making so many defensive errors and i'm still scoring? :)

There's nothing fundamentally wrong you are doing with the tactic, but it's probably not full optimised either.

I'd suggest looking at your team comparison report to see which adjustments might be logical ones. For example, if you have a team with good technique, passing and creativity in relation to the division average, then a shorter passing game might be useful. Similar information can help with choosing which starting shouts to use.

I'd also be concerned that your attacks down both flanks are very similar. I much prefer to have an FB/A and AM/S on one side and an FB/S, AM/A on the other. I'd also be wary of using an FC/A when he is a lone forward. An AF is better than a Poacher, but still runs the risk of being a single target point.

Archived